BrightLeaf Group, Inc. is a full-service corporate communications firm based in Austin, Texas. We create the information that companies need to communicate with their stakeholders, customers, partners and employees on a local and global basis. For more information, visit us at www.brightleafgroup.com.
We are seeking a Technical Editor for part-time, project-based work. The Technical Editor will provide substantive editing of a variety of high-profile communications (annual reports, technical product documentation, websites, mobile applications and other materials) for our clients in New York and elsewhere. This position allows work from your home office with onsite meetings in the Manhattan area.
Note that we are not seeking copyeditors or proofreaders at this time. Only candidates who have substantive technical editing experience working on corporate communications over 50 pages in length will be considered.
Minimum requirements include:
- Five years of experience working as a Technical Editor of complex product and corporate communications, including documents over 50 pages in length
- Experience editing documents online using MS Word and annotated PDF
- Must have a flexible schedule with availability during weekdays and occasional weekends
- Must reside in NYC area and be available to meet onsite in Manhattan, sometimes on short notice
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications or related field
- Home office with high-speed internet connection and laptop running MS Word, the full version of Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Outlook
Please reply to this posting, attaching your resume in MS Word format. Include an introduction that provides the following information:
- Your technical editing experience with complex documents over 50 pages in length
- The style guides you are most familiar with
- Any other qualities that make you an ideal fit for the job
- Your hourly rate when working with agencies (on a W2 or 1099 basis)
- This is not a moonlighting opportunity.
- An editing test and online work samples will be required.
- Compensation depends on experience.
- Principals only. Recruiters, do not contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Please do not contact us about other services, products or commercial interests.