Brighton Collectibles Employee Reviews

Out of control egos, no team work, just the bottom line.
sales partner (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga , NYJanuary 12, 2014
This was the worst employment opportunity I have ever experienced. The women working in the store at the Walden Galleria Mall (Cheektowaga, NY) were terrified by the store manager. She would follow you around criticizing everything that you would do. Absolutely no positive feedback. Although, the store is supposed to be organized around a team commission (like other reviewers have stated) DO NOT BE FOOLED!! " Your sales will be stolen by the manager and other sales associates!! "BE PREPARED -YOU STAND ALONE!!" The District Manager and HR Dept. will not stand up for you. As far as I am concerned, the heart should be taken off, as the symbol for this company, because they are heartless. Also, the product is constructed in such a fashion, that it seemed more jewelery was returned than kept. Why do you think Brighton has to have a policy that takes back their product for up to a year and sent back to possibly be fixed? If it were good quality to begin with you would not need such a policy.
Pros
there are none, it is a horrible place to work.
Cons
work schedule comes out 3-4 days ahead of time, sales partners have no or misinformation reguarding leather goods, no training, fighting and fear among sales staff.
Good place to work; South Texas district needs a new DM and new store managers
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Brighton is a wonderful company to work for. The owner is amazing and goes above and beyond for his employees however in recent years you can tell he has been shielded from what's going on at the store level because Jerry would not approve of some of the managers and district managers in their current positions. The South Texas District could really use a good management over-haul and would benefit greatly from some new leadership. Unfortunately, those in their current positions lack integrity, honesty and all sense of morale and instead conjure up lies about others and cheat their way to the top, stopping at nothing, to remain in their positions. I repeat, they STOP AT NOTHING AND WILL MAKE UP LIES AND CREATE AND WORK OUT A STORY THAT THEY AND THE DISTRICT MANAGER AGREE UPON IN ORDER TO DAMAGE YOUR CHARACTER AND BRING YOU DOWN FOR NOTHING THAT YOU DID WRONG IN ORDER TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL SECURE IN THEIR JOBS. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with and the relationships you build with your customers.
Pros
the customers
Cons
management at store level and district level
I loved my job and loved the owners
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2013
If you open you would go to bank then come back and get the store ready to open, This includes making cookies and getting water ready to hand out. If you had a promotion going on then you would make sure there was plenty out. Check the email and respond to any that needed and take conference calls if any. Ring customers, input their data if not already in the system. Closing all the same other then you would close out registers, get deposits ready, and take out trash. I got to go to California every year to see all the new items and learn how they were made. This was a fun time to look forward to not only cause it was fun but you learned a lot also. Having worked at different locations I had a couple of different managers and they all had their own way of doing things. So it make it difficult when moving to different stores cause you had to learn how they did things.
Pros
got to win free jewelry
Cons
did not have a set schedule
Big fan of the Brand and the Culture
Sales Partner (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Being a retail job, the hours are long, tiring and customers can be difficult. Brighton Collectibles provides employees with a fine training program, which in turn helps us to enjoy our job and feel satisfied when helping a customer. Majority of our customers are repeat shoppers, and building a rapport is very easy and fun. Management is firm and direct with their expectations, yet very nurturing and concerned about maintaining a happy, stress free and happy atmosphere. The employee discount is very generous, although the pay is very low and there are no health benefits for part-time workers. Still the best job I have ever had in a part-time retail environment!
Pros
brand is well known, the store is run very well and our customers are enjoyable
Cons
pay is low, no benefits if you are part-time, the pace can be chaotic and exhausting at times, making it a physically tough job on occasion.
Seasonal Position
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 19, 2016
I had high hopes that this was going to be a great company to work for seasonally. The management is extremely micromanaged and they won't let you breathe for a second before they are assigning you a meaniless task. Straightening purses that don't need to be straightened make an employee feel unvalued and stupid. I felt really uncomfortable most of the time because the managers are not friendly and if you talk to the hourly employees, you are reprimanded with more tasks to do. It was the way the managers would ask you to do something when they caught you trying to get to know your coworkers. I'm glad I was able to get a higher wage because this job would not have been worth it.
Pros
Customers and product are fun to work with
Cons
You only get a 50% discount after 100 hours and they don't honor that so you only get 30% off, riding the shuttle to the mall, micromanaging
Very competitive enviornment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
I learned how to sell and persuade men and women to purchase different items in the store. The managers this I worked with were very hands on and pushy and it would make me as well as other associates feel uncomfortable while helping customers. Beside my managers, the other so-workers were very respectful of one another and we would take turns making sales and not stepping on each others feet trying to make our sales goal. The hardest part was making your monthly goal because it all depended on traffic and a lot of times people would just come in and look but not buy anything. I did how ever enjoy helping a customer find an item that they would gift to another person.
Friendly, easy going and team oriented experience.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 24, 2012
Each day at work we strive to reach our goals in a team spirited fashion. While in this position I have learned how to better work with a group, how to communicate with customers in assisting them with their needs and have learned how to efficiently use Point of Sale systems. Everyone I work with is amazing, it is like being part of a family. The hardest part of my job is helping customers in more difficult situations but in the end having a happy customer. The most enjoyable part of working at Brighton is seeing a customer walk away happy and excited after helping them with any given situation.
Very Bad
Worker (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAMarch 4, 2014
Staff was horrible, Very very unprofessional, it was like working with immoral ten year old kids. There was no way to find a place to enjoy the job. Never agree to work as a "consultant", this company will take advantage of you, then throw you out in the street without warning or reason... you will be jobless. Low pay, and very unstable. I worked extremely hard there but even then I was just thrown out without regard, and because they stick you with being a consultant, low pay, and no benefits, your left with nothing. I make sure noone I know buys any of their products.
Pros
no pros at all
Cons
immature staff, low pay, immoral policies
A great company to work for
Sales Associate/ Part Time Temporary Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Bethesda MDFebruary 19, 2015
Working for Brighton taught me excellent customer service from serving refreshments to customers and helping customers find what they were looking for and some things they were not looking for. I also learned to work as a team with my co-workers so we could reach our personal and store sales goals for each day. There was always something to do even when business was slow. Displays for the jewelry had to be checked and straightened every hour and restocked if needed which wasn't a bad thing but it was very tedious.
productive, busy workplace
Receptionist/Operator (Current Employee) –  Industry, CANovember 5, 2014
A typical day at work, full of hundreds of calls & things to do same with hundreds of co-workers. Fun workplace keeping me busy makes my day go faster and that's the most enjoyable part I love to work but way to stick. No cellphones, no drinks, no food, and no metal things on clothes which leads to no certain clothes due to people working with jewelry in the warehouse. Love the place but no getting enough hours out due to not much work now. learned way too much been working there for 4 years now which is mostly data entry, and lot of other stuff.
Very active and busy work environment
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXApril 13, 2012
greeting customers and prov iding excellent customer service
I have learned so much in the last year, working as a team, coaching and being coached to provide the best atmosphere for our customers
My co-workers are warm and cooperative and have always been there for me and have helped me to learn and grow
Sometimes the hardest part is closing the sale
Most enjoyable is having my customers return and look for me to help them make another purchase or just come in and say hi.
Pros
big discount
Cons
no benefits
The company is very customer service driven. This is a great place to work.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, California - Parkway PlazaSeptember 30, 2014
Each time I report for my shift I know that I will have the best resources at my disposal. The company provides us with updated information on the product, education from the where the materials came from for each product and what inspired the designer to create the product/style.
We work as a team and our goal is to create a warm and wonderful environment that inspires our customer's to come back often.
Pros
great company that stands behind it's product.
Productive and awesome place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs CoJuly 1, 2015
Organizing store, Selling Brighton products to customers, making phone calls to customers about up coming events.
I learned hospitality skills, working register, scheduling.
Management was awesome, very respectful to our team. A very hard working team. The hardest part was I hated leaving work I loved my job and the people.
Pros
great people
Cons
short breaks on your feet all day
Brighton Collectibles
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaApril 30, 2014
Brighton Collectibles gave me the chance to grow as an individual and allowed my talents to shine. Also appreciated the amount of money that was spent on further advancement as a leader through courses, seminars and events.
Pros
great support from company to increase your knowledge in leadership and community growth.
Cons
you lived your job 24/7 in order to achieve the goals set. hard to balance.
Fast paced and always changing
Store Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 11, 2016
Sales generation, tracking and analysis, manage sales, operations, and employee functions, merchandise handling, inventory control, and operational compliance, recruit, develop and train staff, ensure client relations are to standard, communicate with corporate internal and external business partners for vendor and service issues, visual merchandising.
Retail sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2014
In retail I have learned to to be self motivated and do the job to the best of my ability. I got along with my co workers and management. The most difficult part of the job is meeting the sales quotas and requirements. The owners would put the quotas to such a high standard that the store director would feel the pressure and therefore it would effect everyone.
Pros
prizes
Cons
long distance and low pay
Great company, good people
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2015
The retail environment was a little out of my element in that I was the "front man" versus the support personnel. It started out as a part time for fun position but as I am prone to doing - I took on additional responsibility as I became more attached to the company and enjoyed the work.
Pros
good people, discount on product
Cons
working too late on special days - missed daugthers' events
Positive Environment
Title - Sales Partner (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLNovember 9, 2015
My time at Brighton Collectibles was enjoyable, selling products that I had been purchasing for myself for many years. The team of ladies I worked with were great, including the management staff. Since Brighton Collectibles is a corporate store, we had daily goals/objectives to meet. I enjoyed accomplishing those goals and even going above and beyond on some days.
A great place to work, good discounts and excellent merchandise
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLApril 25, 2014
A great place to work and a good leadership team. It is a family owned business that prides itself on providing excellent customer service to anyone who walks through the door. They provide on-going staff training and is constantly looking for way to serve their clients.
Pros
discounts and incentives
Cons
slow some days
Retail is very social. I recommend working at Brighton Collectibles. Its a very rich, fullfilling place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 20, 2015
Brighton Collectibles is a great customer service business. Company owned by Husband and Wife. Great to their employees. Excellent products. Great Relationships with coworkers.
Pros
High quality hand made leather goods.
Cons
Constantly calling clients for promotions.