Brighton Collectibles Employer Reviews

District Manager (Former Employee), City of IndustryJune 24, 2014
Very dynamic and face paced environent. The expectationas are high with also a high level of accountability. They management team is compliance driven and very organized.
Like a family
Partner/temp key holder (Former Employee), st augustineJune 23, 2014
Felt at home there right away. Love the story behind Brighton's beginning. Love the community involvement and charitable events Brighton is connected with.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaApril 30, 2014
Pros: great support from company to increase your knowledge in leadership and community growth.
Cons: you lived your job 24/7 in order to achieve the goals set. hard to balance.
Brighton Collectibles gave me the chance to grow as an individual and allowed my talents to shine. Also appreciated the amount of money that was spent on further advancement as a leader through courses, seminars and events.
A great place to work, good discounts and excellent merchandise
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Estero, FLApril 25, 2014
Pros: discounts and incentives
Cons: slow some days
A great place to work and a good leadership team. It is a family owned business that prides itself on providing excellent customer service to anyone who walks through the door. They provide on-going staff training and is constantly looking for way to serve their clients.
Very Bad
Worker (Former Employee), Industry, CAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: no pros at all
Cons: immature staff, low pay, immoral policies
Staff was horrible, Very very unprofessional, it was like working with immoral ten year old kids. There was no way to find a place to enjoy the job. Never agree to work as a "consultant", this company will take advantage of you, then throw you out in the street without warning or reason... you will be jobless. Low pay, and very unstable. I worked extremely – more... hard there but even then I was just thrown out without regard, and because they stick you with being a consultant, low pay, and no benefits, your left with nothing. I make sure noone I know buys any of their products. – less
Hardest part of job
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: discount on purchases
Cons: no healthcare benefits for part time workers
Selling very expensive merchandise in this economy. At the airport customers had very little time to make purchasing decisions.
Out of control egos, no team work, just the bottom line.
sales partner (Former Employee), Cheektowaga , NYJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: there are none, it is a horrible place to work.
Cons: work schedule comes out 3-4 days ahead of time, sales partners have no or misinformation reguarding leather goods, no training, fighting and fear among sales staff.
This was the worst employment opportunity I have ever experienced. The women working in the store at the Walden Galleria Mall (Cheektowaga, NY) were terrified by the store manager. She would follow you around criticizing everything that you would do. Absolutely no positive feedback. Although, the store is supposed to be organized around a team commission – more... (like other reviewers have stated) DO NOT BE FOOLED!! " Your sales will be stolen by the manager and other sales associates!! "BE PREPARED -YOU STAND ALONE!!" The District Manager and HR Dept. will not stand up for you. As far as I am concerned, the heart should be taken off, as the symbol for this company, because they are heartless. Also, the product is constructed in such a fashion, that it seemed more jewelery was returned than kept. Why do you think Brighton has to have a policy that takes back their product for up to a year and sent back to possibly be fixed? If it were good quality to begin with you would not need such a policy. – less
nice pay overwhelming operational expectations and goals
partner (Former Employee), AlabamaJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: nice pay free items
Cons: no breaks long hours
Great pay and incentives.
Horrible work conditions, expected to basically give up life to be at Brighton.
worked with my husband
Sales Partner (Former Employee), North Star Mall, San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2013
Pros: people, providing a great service that beautified someone's home, business
Cons: cannot afford healthcare
Fun working with my husband and meeting people on a daily basis.
Friendly Environment, great workplace for advancement
Sales Partner (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2013
A typical work day is always making sure that we are focused on the customer and assuring that they receive the best shopping experience. Our management team always organizes our day with strategies to enhance our relationship with our customers and they keep us on track with progress of our store.
quality leather goods but not original enough for my style
Sales Partner (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 3, 2013
Brighton is a good company with very professional managers and sales people. Appeals to a certain clientele with which I didn't wholly identify with.
Fun enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2013
We were all competitave but always made contests for who could sell the most.
Fun and very organized establishment.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 19, 2013
It was a very good experience working there seasonal, the employees were very helpful and customers would always return because of the assistance they recieved.
I loved my job and loved the owners
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 12, 2013
Pros: got to win free jewelry
Cons: did not have a set schedule
If you open you would go to bank then come back and get the store ready to open, This includes making cookies and getting water ready to hand out. If you had a promotion going on then you would make sure there was plenty out. Check the email and respond to any that needed and take conference calls if any. Ring customers, input their data if not already – more... in the system. Closing all the same other then you would close out registers, get deposits ready, and take out trash. I got to go to California every year to see all the new items and learn how they were made. This was a fun time to look forward to not only cause it was fun but you learned a lot also. Having worked at different locations I had a couple of different managers and they all had their own way of doing things. So it make it difficult when moving to different stores cause you had to learn how they did things. – less
Always productive, always something to do
Full time Key Partner (Current Employee), Skokie, ILOctober 6, 2012
Pros: discount, great merchandise
Cons: standing on your feet for 8 hours
Fun place to work, always meeting new people. Having a happy customer leaving the store. Great customer service
Friendly, easy going and team oriented experience.
Key Holder (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 24, 2012
Each day at work we strive to reach our goals in a team spirited fashion. While in this position I have learned how to better work with a group, how to communicate with customers in assisting them with their needs and have learned how to efficiently use Point of Sale systems. Everyone I work with is amazing, it is like being part of a family. The hardest – more... part of my job is helping customers in more difficult situations but in the end having a happy customer. The most enjoyable part of working at Brighton is seeing a customer walk away happy and excited after helping them with any given situation. – less
A great place to work
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), Industry, CAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: employee discount on merchandise, health benefits
Cons: warehouse envirorment very dusty.
A very busy and continues to grow company. Very casual attire, friendly co-workers
Fun With Accessories
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2012
At this job, I developed a lot of experience and took more different ways sales pitching.
Fun time with jewelry
Sales Partner/Key Holder (Former Employee), Atlanta, gaApril 30, 2012
Pros: interacting with people
Cons: slow business
Was a Key holder and sell jewelry, handbags, shoes, belts etc.

The quailty and personal touches makes it a true gift
Very active and busy work environment
Key holder (Current Employee), Friendswood, TXApril 13, 2012
Pros: big discount
Cons: no benefits
greeting customers and prov iding excellent customer service
I have learned so much in the last year, working as a team, coaching and being coached to provide the best atmosphere for our customers
My co-workers are warm and cooperative and have always been there for me and have helped me to learn and grow
Sometimes the hardest part is closing the sale
Most – more... enjoyable is having my customers return and look for me to help them make another purchase or just come in and say hi. – less