Brighton Collectibles

Brighton Collectibles Employee Reviews

Fun and productive work place
Sales Partner (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMarch 25, 2017
Many of my friends that already held full time jobs were working part time for Brighton, so as to to obtain merchandise discounts. I enjoyed my time there very much. It was a great working environment, and their employee discounts were higher than other retailer I headworker for.
Pros
Excellent training for first time retail workers, and product discounts are higher than most.
Cons
They have very strict rules with dress code and other proceedures for such a low paying job.
Best Job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 13, 2017
Loved this company and the upper management along with the owners. They treated everyone fantastic and offered a generous discount. The product is of high quality and I loved representing them in my position
excellent company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAMarch 9, 2017
excellent company to work for - not a lot of room for advancement;
great benefits and bonus structure. Company has opportunity with planning and communication of promotional events.
Wonderful company to work for!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTFebruary 19, 2017
I enjoyed my years at Brighton! Loved working with people. Love and am passionate about selling something I believe in.
Pros
Flexible schedule
not very organized organization
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 16, 2017
Very unorganized organization. Constantly making visual changes and wants management to change their schedules to work the visual changes.
Cash registers are going down on a daily basis and corp seems to ignore the situation.
District managers do not respond to anyone but store managers when there is an issue or problem
Great!
Sales Partner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Great Holiday Job! It is so fun working here and a great environment to be around. I met some great loving people always willing to help and very customer oriented.
Fun place to work!
Sales Partner (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJanuary 10, 2017
What a great environment, management is always great and fair. Pay is great, hours are flexible. Communication was always there, always knew what was going on for the day. Best part time job I have ever had!
Pros
Nice discount, great people to work with and love company culture
Cons
really none, just sometimes there is just nor enough hours.
Enjoyable workplace environment
Key Holder Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2016
I enjoy going into work because it is a fun environment and I get to help customers shop for gift and for products for themselves. I learned that working retail, your schedule can change and you have to be flexible with whatever comes your way. My manager is one of the best managers I have had, she will go out of her way to make sure that you are doing what you need to do. I am able to get along with all my co-workers and look at them to help me when I need help and I also do the same for them. We are all very friendly and will work to help the others. The hardest part of my job is that sometimes a customer will get upset and I can't find the solution to help them. The time this happened was we sent in a bracelet to get repaired and they weren't able to fix the bracelet. The customer was so upset but I couldn't do anything because we did not make that product anymore. I offered to send it back but she didn't want that. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction I get when I can help a customer purchase their first Brighton handbag and they come in months later still loving their handbag. It makes me happy when the customers are satisfied.
Pros
Discount on the products, flexible schedule, great management team.
Cons
Hard time finding parking at Christmas, short breaks.
Under Paid and High Expectaaions
Partner (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTNovember 1, 2016
A typical day at work is creating a warm and inviting atmosphere where the customer feels welcomed and will buy the product. You up-sell, combine different items to show how they go together. After purchase is made, a thank you note is sent.

The management is rigid. There are favorites to whom the good shifts are given. It is difficult to balance work and home. Schedules are not the same and you are at the whim of the schedule maker.

The hardest part of the job is not meeting your quota because of no traffic in he store. The assistant manager is usually very stressed out.

The best part of the job is the 50% discount on the product you get after working there 3 months or 100 hours.
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
Low pay, not appreciated for work done
Great place to work if you are tight with coporate.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2016
You can only move up if you get close and personal with corporate. The environment can be harsh because you have some people there that fight over sales so you lose money towards your goal that you only get 1% if you make it.
Cons
health care, advancement
Amazing family owned company where you as an individual matter.
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2016
I worked for this company 15 years ago and was so sad to leave to be a stay at home mom. I have been back for almost three years and have enjoyed every minute. They are really good to their employees and always have fun customer events and staff incentives!
Day in the store at Brighton
Store manager (former) (Former Employee) –  New YorkJuly 30, 2016
Being a former store manager. Part time employees work for extra money not a career and the expectations now make them want to quit. The new President/COO is a numbers guy and that's what a successful business is about. . Businesses are about staying in business and making money. Mentality must change and get into retail 2016. No job security for anyone. My store had an new store manager every year the last 4 years. Hmmmm...no one stays, for some reason.
Pros
Discount
Cons
To many silly events that are not money making
It was a wonderful company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJune 29, 2016
I loved working there and it closed and that was sad. We were in a great location (Century City) and it was fun interacting with the wonderful people who came in the store. It was crowded so a lot of multi tasking needed to be done.
Pros
People were great and I loved working nights
Best Job for Beginning Retail Career
Sales Partner (Former Employee) –  Bay brook MallJune 16, 2016
I love working at Brighton. It is the best company to work for, I had the best time and had so much fun.

Incentive program was amazing.
Pros
Free Jewelry and Shoes
great incentives.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMay 5, 2016
the company is great but management and the energy behind the scenes is fake and judgmental. There is rarely any opportunity for advancement. This is not great for a permanent career unless your a store manager.
Pros
great incentives
Cons
short breaks, terrible scheduling and no team spirit
Great Potential but Falling Short
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 24, 2016
Great perks - discounts, incentives bonus potential etc. However, new CEO only numbers driven - no appreciation for dedication and hard work. Owner JK worked very hard to establish a 'different' retail environment however, the new CEO has another vision and is taking the company in a very different direction.
Loved Brighton!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 27, 2016
Everyday was a little different...
Make sales goal for each associate.
Learned about merchandise, and selling.
Loved my District Manager, and most everyone had a very positive attitude with in the company.
Hired and trained a good staff!
Excellent product
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 16, 2016
Very diversified product line with excellent quality for the retail price. Great retailers to work with & excellent coworkers. General lack of brand awareness, and competition in the landscape hinders sales.
Fast paced and always changing
Store Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 11, 2016
Sales generation, tracking and analysis, manage sales, operations, and employee functions, merchandise handling, inventory control, and operational compliance, recruit, develop and train staff, ensure client relations are to standard, communicate with corporate internal and external business partners for vendor and service issues, visual merchandising.
Good place to work; South Texas district needs a new DM and new store managers
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Brighton is a wonderful company to work for. The owner is amazing and goes above and beyond for his employees however in recent years you can tell he has been shielded from what's going on at the store level because Jerry would not approve of some of the managers and district managers in their current positions. The South Texas District could really use a good management over-haul and would benefit greatly from some new leadership. Unfortunately, those in their current positions lack integrity, honesty and all sense of morale and instead conjure up lies about others and cheat their way to the top, stopping at nothing, to remain in their positions. I repeat, they STOP AT NOTHING AND WILL MAKE UP LIES AND CREATE AND WORK OUT A STORY THAT THEY AND THE DISTRICT MANAGER AGREE UPON IN ORDER TO DAMAGE YOUR CHARACTER AND BRING YOU DOWN FOR NOTHING THAT YOU DID WRONG IN ORDER TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL SECURE IN THEIR JOBS. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with and the relationships you build with your customers.
Pros
the customers
Cons
management at store level and district level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brighton Collectibles. Our community is ready to answer.

73%