Brighton House Associates is a leading financial services firm that delivers capital raising services to Hedge Fund and Private Equity Fund managers.
We are looking for financial professionals that are interested in working with institutional investors and fund managers. This is a great position for an individual that wants to begin or continue a career in the Hedge Fund or Private Equity industry.
If you are currently in a financial advisor, consulting, internal wholesaler, or client service type role then this position will be a great fit for you! This is an excellent opportunity that provides a career path to individuals looking to work at a Hedge Fund or Private Equity fund in an investor relations, business development, marketing, or client services role.
Research Analyst Role
Research Analyst perform two major job functions. The first function is interviewing institutional and private investors about their current and future alternative investments. The RA will interview investors through one on one phone calls, conference calls, and emails. After the interview, RA’s will create detailed reports that will provide an overview of the exact types of Hedge Fund and Private Equity funds the investors is searching for. The RA will also be responsible for educating investors about BHA’s fund manager clients, therefore acting as a matchmaker between fund managers and investors.
The second function of the position is servicing BHA’s Hedge Fund and Private Equity clients. RA’s will have the privilege to work with some of the industries most well known Hedge Fund and Private Equity managers. RA’s will work closely (on a daily basis) with each of the firm’s investor relation’s teams to help identify potential investors for their funds. RA’s will become subject matter experts in order to effectively discuss investment strategies to investors during their phone interviews.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual that illustrates he/she is interested in becoming a part of the alternative industry. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a confident demeanor in order to create, educate, and foster relationships with both investors and fund managers. Therefore, we are looking for individuals that have experience handling client calls (inbound and outbound phone call experience), servicing or managing clients (preferably at a financial firm) as well as those that have a basic understanding of the financial markets (preferably alternative investments). The ideal candidate is a self-starter, has excellent telephone / communication skills, well organized, and is able to multi-task. We also seek individuals that have exceptional writing skills as a majority of the position is writing investor reports.
Please note--- Individuals seeking a more traditional research role ( i.e. analyzing stocks, companies, portfolios, sectors, etc ) will NOT be a good fit for this position. We are looking for individuals that have or eventually want to be a marketer at a hedge fund or private equity fund. Individuals who enjoy the client relations, outbound phone calls to investors (no selling involved), or any marketing oriented tasks will most likely be a good fit for this position.
**Applicants located in the Greater Boston area are highly encouraged to send their resumes. Any individuals located outside the New England region will most likely be disqualified. IF you are relocating to the area please note this in your resume submission.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years experience working at a financial firm or similar role.
- Confident demeanor over the phone (specifically for servicing clients and interviewing investors).
- Excellent communication skills for inbound and outbound client calls.
- A passion for financial markets and the willingness to learn the alternative industry.
- Mature and confident with strong interpersonal skills and a true team player.
- Candidates must have superior writing and verbal communication skills.
- Client service/relationship skills--i.e. managing all aspects of a client account. This is preferred however not a mandatory skill.
- The ability to quickly adapt in a constantly changing company and industry is a must for success.
- Familiarity of the investor landscape within the alternative industry is a plus (i.e.- how investors source and identify hedge fund and private equity managers, understand the marketing and capital raising cycle and also be able to assist clients on how to market their funds to investor firms).
- Prior experience in a position making outbound phone calls per day (preferred but not mandatory).
- Interviewing investors on a daily basis (not a sales or telemarketing call, purely research oriented calls).
- Develop expertise in the investment needs and objectives of institutional and private investors. Build strong relationships with individuals at varying levels at each investor firm.
- Proactively add value and improve the investor’s perception of BHA products, through understanding their business needs and making recommendations for certain offerings.
- Define, measure, and grow investor accounts each quarter. This will include weekly to monthly calls, emails, conference calls to ensure progress in growing the relationship.
- RA’s are also expected to manage 2-3 fund manager clients; assisting in sourcing qualified investors for their funds, providing timely support for marketing road shows, and maintaining strong relationships with a variety of investors.
- RA’s are expected to write weekly and quarterly articles for the company’s various publications, which are distributed to over 30,000 industry contacts.
- Assist the sales department with client reports or status updates on client accounts.
- Grow and maintain the largest network of alternative investors for the BHA network.
- Foster and build relationships with hedge fund and private equity investors while maintaining existing accounts.
Salary: $40k-$60k+ with excellent benefits.