Brightpoint Employee Reviews

Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2016
This job is an assembly line job that focuses on mainly just putting what your told to put in the box. Very simple, easy to do and hard to mess up.
Pros
Management will to work with you
Cons
Not really good benefits
fun place to work
Triage Technician (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 29, 2014
time in is filled with work as assigned after a short meeting
i learned to sort and test the cell phones
the first management was okay and i had fun while it lasted, but the next one was prejudiced. Hr personell did not like me and kept on asking about my second job and what kind of car i was driving. really this had nothing to do with my job as i was performing wel and was always on time. i had two jobs to compensate lack of money in my fisrst job. IS THAT A CRIME?
I liked my co- workers we worked well together as a team
We had fun like games and we had praises for work done. The raise was biased though.( i like you i give you more , you are outspoken you get less
Pros
yes during special occasions like when we had good productions and sells
Cons
yes health care for permanent workers and even temporary workers
inventory
Data Entry Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2016
data entry,shipping/receiving of Cellular devices as they were returned .refurbished,and shipped out to the clients or customers, Inventory of the warehouse to assure everything is supposed to be where it is labeled
fun work place
receiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2016
commitment and team work.on a typical day work.
work as team.
miss my co-workers that was the best job in my life.
the job was ok easy.but standing all day was not all that.
my supervisor was good-marvin burnett and my department is what i enjoyed most.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
A great place to work but not a lot of room to grow with the company.
Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 14, 2013
Is really a great place to work. I think management does not do a good job of promoting within and this drives employees to feel undervalued. I saw on average 30 people a day. They want you to follow their wording and techniques so this can get very repeatitive. I enjoyed making relationships with clients and helping them. I did not like the fact they were very sales driven and not customer oriented.
Pros
bank holiday and good benefits
Cons
very repeative, dont promote workers within
Fast paced and very productive.
Cell phone repair tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 2, 2012
I have learned how to solder and troubleshoot to figure out a problem with a phone and how to correct the problem on my own. My co-workers are easy to get along with and helpful when needed. Management is very helpful and easy to approach when problems arise. The hardest part of the job would have to be when I try my best to save a phone but there is just no way its repairable. The most enjoyable part is when I am able to repair a phone and save the company money at the same time.
Pros
benefits and pto.
Cons
the days and hours.
Brightpoint
cell phone manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 16, 2016
its a cell phone manufacturing company was great working environment great pay. I was only a temp hire with the company.
Fun working place and they have a soccer team
Phone Technician (Current Employee) –  Fortworth,TxSeptember 18, 2012
The hardest part of the job is is alot of time you have to get up and be at work at 4am in the morning.The most enjoyable part of my job is the people.My co-workers they all come together and we work as a team.
Pros
team apprecation days and bb-cue, awards, gift card give aways
Cons
raises, pto
Everything that u don't want n a job
Master pack operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 30, 2012
Lots of young people so very messy atmosphere. Rude management n they just as immature as the staff. No raises no matter if u permanent or temp.
Brightpoint a customer driven Company with top quality personnel
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2015
While working with BrightPoint, I found out what it was like to be with a Company that did what was right for the customer and did what was necessary to make sure the customer felt as though they were the only customer BrightPoint had. A place and environment I appreciated and enjoyed the work environment.
Pros
the togetherness of the Company.
Keep looking
Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TxNovember 26, 2012
This place by far is the worst company in the U.S. The turnover rate is high, employees are incompetent, and there's no respect for fellow employees and co-workers. Wages are low. The benefits are ok, but in the end the bad outweighed the benefits. Don't even apply, keep looking.
benefits???
Cons
everything else
Productive and pleasant co-workers
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 19, 2012
A typical day at work is as any other day, showing up to work on time, reporting to your work station and beginning work promptly.
What i learned on the job is to be productive at all times, complete daily tasks having a positive attitude ,i also learned alot about microsoft excel on the job.
In an overall management seems to be very unorganized, some of the management have moved to other careers or employment,there has been three buy outs of the company since my employment.
wonderful co-workers.
The hardest part about the job is the unorganization which makes the completion of tasks difficult.
co-workers are the enjoyable part of the job.
Excellent place to work.
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 28, 2015
Fun and rewarding place to work. Had an in-house university. On-site cafe. Excellent traing courses. Alot of room for advancement.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
downsized me
Enjoyable
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 19, 2015
Worked with wonderful co-teachers helping ensure the young students we worked with have a developmentally appropriate and nurturing environment to learn in.
Brightpoint
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 12, 2015
It was a very easy job dealing with cell phones i enjoyed the air conditioned room and the comfy chairs. i worked with phones and the easiest part was scanning them into the system i was able to keep up rate and i enjoyed the job until they switched into another building.
Pros
easy work, working with cell phones, air controlled room, small team, supervisors hands on.
Cons
couldnt listen to music couldnt bring phones into the building and security was harsh
great job with great benefits
Exceptions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 5, 2012
its an overall great job. the hardest part of the job is to wake up so early in the morning, especially if you have work in the mornin..but the job is easy all round all they ask of you is to pay attention and follow instructions. I personaally think that the management could be much better and take the time to actually solve the employees problems instead of bruching it off. An one important thing that i learned at this job is that you never want to go ino conflict with employee/management because i've been here for 2 years and it never ends up good
Caring place to work with a lot of community interaction
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  501 airtech pkwy Plainfield InDecember 28, 2011
Company always met schedules,and had a large customer base.
Pros
paid well for overtime.
Cons
long hours for working and all weekends.
Fast paced job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 15, 2014
I picked product and processed the product and sent it down the line. I learned that a company does not have to give you set hours and that you can be made to work 10 to 12 hours if you want to or not. Some people worked and some did not seem to have to do anything. The hardest part of the day was not knowing when your day was going to be over. The most enjoyable time of day was when you got to leave after 12 hours. If we started at 9 and worked 8 hours and at 5:25 I started cleaning up my area the supervisor would come by and say we are staying 10 hours, and thenat 7:25 I would start cleaning my area and she would come by and say we are staying 12 hours. It was just never said at the beginning of the day or even in the middle of the day, always at the last minute.
Pros
insurance
Cons
not set times
Core values aren't honored
supervisor (Former Employee) –  fort worth, txAugust 3, 2012
I've been here a year and a half and I've gone through four different supervisors with different management styles and two acquisitions. It's not a very positive place to work; the turnover rate is very high. If you like constant change and a fast paced environment, then this is the place for you, if you like a structured environment, then I suggest not applying for any position with this company.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
lack of parking, no climate control, management
Don't work for this company!
Temp (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 31, 2012
Just like another poster said "They are slave drivers" and very unstable. If you want to be a minority, then go to Brightpoint because it' swarming with border jumpers and foreigners. Only 20% of REAL AMERICANS work there. The hours and pay were ignorant. Unstable.Elwood Staffing also sucks and I would not even recommend them.

I worked there for 7 months and never got hired on and I know of others that worked their longer and have not got hired on. The bottom line is that this place is worthless and i believe all the other 1 or 2 star comments because I've been there.
Pros
taking a breaks
Cons
low pay, favoritism, not equal, not enough americans, to many border jumpers.