Brightpoint Employee Reviews in United States

easy place to work if you enjoy cell phones
elwood staffing (Former Employee) –  INJune 26, 2013
packing and unpacking products and programing cell phones and ipads
Cons
standing all day
N/a
Level 1 Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2013
I liked working in the warehouse with various people of different races and cultures. I always enjoyed myself at work.
Best job i ever had
Material Handler, forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 19, 2013
One of the best jobs i ever had,
however i gave my two weeks notice
to go work in a management position
for food service
Pros
great people, fun job, great hours, great enviroment
Cons
somewhat low pay
A great place to work but not a lot of room to grow with the company.
Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 14, 2013
Is really a great place to work. I think management does not do a good job of promoting within and this drives employees to feel undervalued. I saw on average 30 people a day. They want you to follow their wording and techniques so this can get very repeatitive. I enjoyed making relationships with clients and helping them. I did not like the fact they were very sales driven and not customer oriented.
Pros
bank holiday and good benefits
Cons
very repeative, dont promote workers within
Great people to work with not work for
Lead Box Taper (Former Employee) –  Plainfield INdianaMarch 10, 2013
The hours vary on a weekly basis, you're brought in as full time but only get 20-30 hours most weeks. Peak is the only time you can expect to see a 40 hour paycheck.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 3, 2013
I got the best experience working along my supervisor and my manager I found great mentors that pushed me to go beyond of what I thought it was impossible for me. I was able to supervised a team of 12 people, I learned significant functions of IT, WMS, Quality Control, and Inventory Control. These were all necessary for a program designed to efficiently transfer product between distribution centers.
Easy Money
Qualifier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2013
Worked on 6 different computers fixing cell phones and internet cards thats all.
Pros
easy work, night shift, air conditioned
Cons
no phone allowed in work place
very didicated to my work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2013
great place to work caring managers, great team worker help one another in many ways work as onme great family
Pros
improving my ware skills
Cons
not much
productive and a friendly place
Incoming Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  FortWorthJanuary 5, 2013
It is a busy place, i have managed to improve my skill technically and to communicate with people around proffesinally. i have less managemnent to supervise but they showed up when i need help. as a team lead, i manged to train my co-workers to perfom efficiently. the hardest part of the job is troubleshooting a the root cause of a failure. the job as a whole is enjoyable.no supervison required and work is executed on time.
Pros
free lunchs, three breaks
Cons
low pay
Productive and pleasant co-workers
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 19, 2012
A typical day at work is as any other day, showing up to work on time, reporting to your work station and beginning work promptly.
What i learned on the job is to be productive at all times, complete daily tasks having a positive attitude ,i also learned alot about microsoft excel on the job.
In an overall management seems to be very unorganized, some of the management have moved to other careers or employment,there has been three buy outs of the company since my employment.
wonderful co-workers.
The hardest part about the job is the unorganization which makes the completion of tasks difficult.
co-workers are the enjoyable part of the job.
Everything that u don't want n a job
Master pack operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 30, 2012
Lots of young people so very messy atmosphere. Rude management n they just as immature as the staff. No raises no matter if u permanent or temp.
Keep looking
Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TxNovember 26, 2012
This place by far is the worst company in the U.S. The turnover rate is high, employees are incompetent, and there's no respect for fellow employees and co-workers. Wages are low. The benefits are ok, but in the end the bad outweighed the benefits. Don't even apply, keep looking.
benefits???
Cons
everything else
Productive place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2012
On a daily basis we work on providing the best repair service for our customer. Management keeps changing here. Co-workers are all trying to leave. The most challenging part of the job is constantly having to train new hires due to the high turnover rate. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people to learn new things.
Cons
healthcare
Fun working place and they have a soccer team
Phone Technician (Current Employee) –  Fortworth,TxSeptember 18, 2012
The hardest part of the job is is alot of time you have to get up and be at work at 4am in the morning.The most enjoyable part of my job is the people.My co-workers they all come together and we work as a team.
Pros
team apprecation days and bb-cue, awards, gift card give aways
Cons
raises, pto
long days but was kept busy
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2012
i enjoyed brightpoint even the mandatory overtime everyday.
sales and warehouse business
national retail receiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 22, 2012
I am a people person i am able to put a smile on the customer face. The not so good part is when the customer come in and not so happy when they enter and want to complain about a order. As a warehouse worker i love the copetition i love to work on well learned machine i love the fast past and the no so good part is when the machine get down and i get behind on work.
Pros
40+ hours
Cons
health care
I learn how to work with cell phones
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 3, 2012
• Forklift driver
• Unload trucks
• Reset cell phones
• Qualified components
Core values aren't honored
supervisor (Former Employee) –  fort worth, txAugust 3, 2012
I've been here a year and a half and I've gone through four different supervisors with different management styles and two acquisitions. It's not a very positive place to work; the turnover rate is very high. If you like constant change and a fast paced environment, then this is the place for you, if you like a structured environment, then I suggest not applying for any position with this company.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
lack of parking, no climate control, management
Do not apply with this company!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 2, 2012
Poor ethics, core values are a lie, management quick to throw you under the bus! You are better off looking for employment somewhere else.
Cons
everything
Fast paced and very productive.
Cell phone repair tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 2, 2012
I have learned how to solder and troubleshoot to figure out a problem with a phone and how to correct the problem on my own. My co-workers are easy to get along with and helpful when needed. Management is very helpful and easy to approach when problems arise. The hardest part of the job would have to be when I try my best to save a phone but there is just no way its repairable. The most enjoyable part is when I am able to repair a phone and save the company money at the same time.
Pros
benefits and pto.
Cons
the days and hours.