Brightside Academy

Brightside Academy Employer Reviews

I loved the children
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: perfect work hours
Brightside is the worst day care center to ever work at or send your child to. Belmont is infested with bedbugs.
Provided adequate working space in a safe comfortable enviroment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2014
Pros: having an hour for lunch...
Cons: having to take the children outside during the winter for playtime, it's required by law as long as it's a certain degree, personally i do not like the winter season, other than that i enjoyed my job
As a Lead teacher the management at Brightside Academy provided me the opportunity to implement my skills with confidents and minimal but adequate supervision. A typical day at work was teaching fundamental comprehensive skills to preschool aged children.

During my employment there I have learned the importance of working with the children collectively – more... as well as individually due to the comprehensive level and the abilities of the child/children's understanding and progress.

Although my co-workers had their individual cubicles for the age ranges of the children, we worked as a team to design the weekly curriculum in order to be on an accord with each other.

Fortunately, the job had not presented any difficult challenges.

Finally, the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children and witnessing their progress. – less
What you learned
Director (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 13, 2014
I learned a great deal while working for Brightside that I have been able to harverst and apply to my work experiances.
Brightside is not a bright in best practices for children nor adults! !!
Center Director (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2014
I am a former Director of a Columbus Brightside and it has and is ran by unprofessional, law breaking, unfair and abusive staff!!!
You are pushed to put numbers or (dollars) instead of quality!
There is NO loyalty for hard work, excellence or dedication!!!
Staff is untrained, never valued and one of the centers had people coming and going as if it was – more... selling drugs!!
Children were never the focal point!!!
Parents please do not be mislead by the pretty looking death traps that Brightside provides!!!
One child even died in one!!!
BRIGHTSIDES SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!
Licensing was gonna shut one down, but Brightside gave the Director another center!! – less
Not a good work environment
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 6, 2014
Pros: pay over time
Cons: short breaks, everyone is not hold at the same stands, no days off, always change education standard, supervisor talk nasty to employee
They have poor leadership and co-worker aren't professional to parent are children.
Helpful Skills
Assistant Infant / Toddler 1 Teacher (Former Employee), Toledo, OHOctober 18, 2014
Working at Brightside really gave me the chance to work with different personalities and help teach me how to successfully multi-task to many responsibilities as a teachers assistant.
BRIGHTSIDE
JANITOR (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: hour break
GREAT PLACE TO WORK. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. I ENJOYED WORKING THERE , AND IT WAS MY FAVORITE JOB SO FAR.
child care
ASSISTANT GROUP SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), North Versailles, PAAugust 4, 2014
it was interesting. sometimes trying.
working with the babies was my favorite part. and the fact that i got to be at the dame place as my own children while at work
productive
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: it's a job!
Cons: at times you feel like everyone isn't on the same page.
it's an great opportunity. working around the kids everyday made my day. an management was pretty good, it's just the people in your center and the higher ups a lot of the time had different rules which can be confusing and frustrating.
a good job for a masochist
lead teacher (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaJuly 29, 2014
Pros: it helps you appreciate the other jobs you're had.
Cons: i don't know who it hurts worse, the adults or the kids.
The administrators on the site did the best they could, but the best they could wasn't good enough.
There was constant supervisory duty and a mountain of paperwork. If I paid attention to the supervisory duty, someone complained because the paperwork wasn't done. If I paid attention to the paperwork, that allowed time for one of the children to get – more... hurt.

I did the best I could. I even arrived an hour early every day to do paperwork, laminate materials, and clean up the mess left by my predecessor.

I had a teaching assistant who scolded the children constantly, scolded me constantly, and wouldn't listen to a word I said.
I had a co-teacher who regularly singled out children she was displeased with and berated them in front of the whole class.
The children sometimes had to sit still for a half-hour as a punishment.
I have seen other teachers slap children, drag children, and hang children by one arm.

One day, I was supervising naptime. Three children clamored that they had to go to the bathroom. State law mandated that one adult had to be in the classroom and one adult had to accompany the children to the bathroom. There was no adult to help me and there was no adult in the classroom nearest the bathroom. So instead of letting them wet themselves, I had to let them go to the bathroom by themselves.

The site administrator later explained to me that I could call her number if that happened again. I thanked her and told her that I understood.

But that didn't stop the corporate from holding a grudge. They fired me for that one little infraction. As far as I know, the center is still providing steady employment for the teachers who shout at the children and call them "disgusting," "ridiculous," and "sickening." – less
Opportunity for advancment
ECE Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2014
Brightside Academy is the perfect childcare facility for employees to move up on the career ladder. It also provides many free personal development trainings through out the year.
bad envinment to be in
coordinator/Assistant teacher (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 8, 2014
not a good environment for worker. the salary is unfair.
they expect you to do things that are no even decripte as part of your duty
Job with experience
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2014
I was definitely relied on by the children. I have to change feed and put them down for there naps.
Community Coordinator (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 30, 2014
There is no typical day in my current position of Community Coordinator. This position affords me the luxury of encountering people from many walks of life. I enjoy being a community coordinator because it is a challenging position that keeps me on my toes, it provides me with creativity and the opportunity to partner with all types of organizations.
Poor Quality
School age Teacher (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 21, 2014
They are completly unorganized and I woudn't take my child there if it were the last child care center left. You might as well leave your child with a hobo on the street and expect him/her to take care of your child. Good luck parents, and BE AWARE!!!!
Great place to Work
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2014
I enjoyed working with children . I learned from the children as well as them learning from me ?
needs and over haul
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland ohioApril 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: health care to expensive
clocked in prepared infant room , collected my infants items and belongings from the other infant rooms and place them in the cubbies collected attendance and children started circle time , music and movement sensory time diaper changing time outside time lunch time nap time during nap time completed lesson plans and child observation forms. cleaned – more... toys and restocks children's diapers and wipes as needed. change diapers again prepared children for dinner free play changes diapers again kept count of children all day until the last child went home shut down child care center made sure all trash was pull all rooms were clean and all doors were locked and locked up the child care center. – less
Work Place
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 22, 2014
Pros: flexable
Cons: low on staff
working at Brightside is a great place to start your experience to work with children
Not a great place to work
Group Supervisor/ Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 19, 2014
When I first started working here I was elated, As time went on I begin to wish I had taken another offer. This school only seem money driven and not child centered nor employee friendly.
A great jump-start to my career as an Earl Childhood Educator
ACADEMY ASSISTANT DIRECTOR/ACTIVITY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2014
Pros: my voice mattered
I've had the pleasure of working with Brightside for over 10 years and achieved many milestones during my tour of duty. I have grown personally and professionally as a result to regular training's, great leaders and my dedication to child development.

1 2 3 4 5