Brightside Academy Employee Reviews

This company was just my employment
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2017
I wouldn't enroll my children in this establishment. Brightside is all about the money and the not the betterment of the children and families they service.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Teachers, directors, and management is unprofessional.
environment full of potential
Assistant Academy Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2017
Train teachers on lesson planning, room arrangement, and classroom management
Assessments and assessment planning
Entrusted to manage office in the administrator’s absence.
Provided timely, courteous and knowledgeable responses to information requests
Good company, rough environment
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 9, 2017
The company was a pretty decent one to work for, it was the clientele and the co-workers that made it a little rougher to stay committed to the job. The students are very tough and they lack a lot of structure in their lives. The management is not always responsive and helpful.
Pros
Making a difference, good benefits, quick work day
Cons
Bad co-workers
Cute workplace
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2017
I like the people that worked there but it was just really too much going on I could not stay there that's don't pay u enough to go through all that other than that happy I left
Diverse Community and families. Staff are very dedicated
Early Learn Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 8, 2017
As with any Early childhood center, a typical day, is fast paced, many different scenarios which need the best attention.
A supervisors work is not from 9-5. I learned many new skills including SHINE Early Learn, through project Head Start.

We are actually under New management, through project Head Start.
the hardest part of Job is keeping facility under standards and policies. The most enjoyable part of the job, the happy beautiful children.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
health care
not a good work environment
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 30, 2017
Needs a better corporate team. Teachers are hired from anywhere and are putting children's health and safety at risk. Area director was not able to be trusted.
Pros
loved the children
Cons
not a healthy environment for kids
fun
Secondary School Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2017
it was full of lessons, i would be there today if i didnt have an injury. i enjoyed working with each an every resident as well as staff. i was a team player and i helped where ever it was needed if my work in activities were completed
Brightside Academy
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 26, 2017
I felt that being a lead teacher the summer before student teacher was such an incredible experience. As a lead teacher, I had to run my own classroom, make lesson plans, and also create interactive activities that allowed the students to grow and colaborate with each other. A typical day would be a routined schedule. We would start off by making a warm-up for the 28 students I had. I had to keep everything very broad becuase I had so many students at different age and education levels. We would then have play time, come back to the circle, do some lesson activities, play outside and then go to lunch. After lunch, we would have reading time and I would set out cots for the students to nap. Then they would wake up and go to interactive stations that triggered different skills mentally and physically. By the time we came back in from outside, it was time to leave. I learned a lot about creating different lesson plans within the same lesson plan for different students since there was such a range of students at different levels. I learned a lot about time management and lesson planning. The work place was very supportive and helpful. They were always there to give me any materials that I needed. The hardest part was having students range from 9-16 becuase there is such a large gap between each of them. For those who were in the same age group, most of those ranged from low to advanced. The best part was working in an area that was less fortunate. I really felt that I had to make the environment safe, fun, interactive, and educational. It was a challenge, but one I really enjoyed.
Pros
Running a classroom
Cons
Age and range of education
Horrible Company
Infant Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 25, 2017
Management sucks, the company sucks, no structure or organization. Parents are never called when the children have an issue. Management are not interactive with the children. The centers are always out of ration with no help from management. Horrible communication. I don't recommend this company for anybody there's better schools out there.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Lack of communication, always out of ratio, no raises, horrible management, unorganized, horrible benefits, overly worked
Not a good place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10451May 24, 2017
This was one of the worst daycare centers i ever worked at. There was no organization the upper management was corrupted ,the children's parents didn't care and neither did the teachers. It would of been a good place of business if the management and parents cared a little more .
Brightside Academy is a learning, loving and sincere work environment.
Head Start Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2017
I loved working at Brightside Academy! It was a wonderful opportunity and a fulfilling desire. It was definitely productive and a expanding environment. My most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the students comprehend and apply everything you've taught them. Impacting the lives of anyone in a positive way is my hearts desire. One of the biggest things I am so grateful for receiving is learning to operate a classroom with students who are dealing with ADHD and Autism. I worked as a Head Start Lead Teacher and loved being able to impact the minds of my students and build healthy friendly relationships with the parents.
Don't do it
Preschool Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 11, 2017
If you love children it is a great place to work, but if you don't like micro managers or disrespectful people then that is not the place for you to work. Everything was teach through play the kids never learned anything and when you tired to teach them you would get in trouble. Way to many ACS cases.
ok
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 9, 2017
its okay. out ratio most of the time. miscommunication. its a lot of paper work. the parent can be hard at time. its more about the parent not the a parents and the staff. Needs more parent involvement. Parents come whatever time they want to.
loving and caring daycare setting
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 4, 2017
Working at LBU gained me not only a lot of experience but a family also. We are all family and help each other and the community out. There is always growth opportunity.
Run Don't Do it to yourself or Children
Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2017
Horrific place to work. This place does not have qualified staff so the children are not learning. The new staff they hire have no educational background and less experience. Those that try to teach have no manipulatives to use to teach with. This place is a zoo. I was entitled to free child care and still did not bring my son there. The children run in and out of classes, hit teachers, spit on teachers, physically attack other children and teachers and the company does nothing.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No stability
productive an very easy going
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 22, 2017
I for one love children I feel lie children are our future an it takes a village to raise a child ...me as an individual this job fits my personality I am very outgoing an love to be goofy I encourage if you love kids the way I do definitely apply for the job not for the money but because you truly love what you do
Teacher
Teacher Aide/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 19, 2017
The director there is great, it is a fun and learning atmosphere and it is a very diverse facility between staff and kids which is awesome. The pay rate is pretty low and not manageable to live off of in this day and age.
Pros
long breaks, no weekends
Cons
short staffed, low pay rate
Poor place to employ anyone
Area Business Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2017
Moral was low and you were treated as an animal. There were those favored over others and they would let you go if they didn't like the way you were dressed or someone paid you a compliment. Women in upper level management lacked professionalism and were very "catty"
Pros
Zero
Cons
The entire job
very stressful
Head teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 1, 2017
too many responsibilities and unsupportive of teachers. Management shows no support or appreciation for their staff and teachers. Moral of staff is very low. The hardest part of this job is when were out of ratio. too many children on one teacher with toddlers. For example: 1 to 10 becomes 1 to 15. Very difficult communicating with parents. Management is not around to support staff.
Pros
CEO provides lunch to staff
Cons
Staff meetings are often inappropriate to address the needs of the organization.
Fun
Assitant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYMarch 21, 2017
The typical work day can vary depending on how the students are feeling. They are usually very energetic and love to do activities. This is a good job for you if you like constant action.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightside Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9