Brightside Academy Employee Reviews in United States

Classroom
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2016
the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the kids. the co-workers are respectable. the hardest part is not getting out on time. A typical day is in the morning we read books until it is time for breakfast. Then we wash our hands and get ready to seat at the table to eat breakfast after they eat they wash there hands again and then have circle time and then do morning activity and then we change diapers, wash our hands and then go outside for outdoor play.
Pros
the staff and children have you lauging every day to be eager to come to work
Cons
health care the have no benefits at all
Great environment, and Team working co-workers with positive attitudes
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work is fun and exciting with the kids. My co workers are really cool and we all work together to get things done. Bright side is low of staff so your going to always be moved around. They sometimes are not considerate as far as not taking lunches and notifying you but overall it is a fun uplifting place to work at.
Pros
great environment
Cons
low of staff
Fun work place because of the children
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx,n.yJune 8, 2016
• Assisted teachers in developing lesson plans, support materials, activities and design/layout of daily schedules based on the monthly program.
• Performed basic administrative tasks.
• Assisted in observing/assessing students’ progress and behavior – Kept records and consulted with educational experts to fine-tune methods used..
• Assumed teacher’s role in class whenever necessary and attended meetings – Whenever necessary engaged the help of specialists.
Pros
My co-workers in my classroom
Cons
parents always late to drop off and pick up
Working as a Team
Custodian and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 2, 2016
My experience as a custodian and maintenance technician at the Bright Academy is a remarkable and a wonderful one. As an individual my strengths and weaknesses are tested everyday, in and out of the workplace to ensure my success by enduring and striving through adversity providing victories for battles we face everyday. Within the halls of Brightside Academy the staff and i worked together to provide the future of our nation an education and well balanced meals daily. As the doors open and the classrooms begin to fill, my mission every morning is to receive our youth and their parents along with the fellow staff members with open arms in a clean and properly sanitized institution.
Pros
Getting the job done
Cons
Hostile individuals
4 star child care center
Lead Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  North Versailles, PAAugust 2, 2016
Love the children. They make your day worth it. We offer a schedule that is followed through on a daily basis as for consistency. I just wish the company would pay more and offer raises.
Pros
Can eat meals with the children
Cons
Cannot leave building during our unpaid lunch hour, cannot get a day off due to staffing issues. Always short staffed.
productive fun and good relations with co-workers
Assist group supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 12, 2016
is a productive job sometime stressful where I learn a lot of thing like dealing with children even with disability and their parents having a good relation with the management team and co-workers and the mos enjoyable part is when you see children happy because they learned something new or that they got some rewards from me when they well behaved in class. and is hard to see them leaving and going to another class when they grow up.
Its a great place to work.
Education Director (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 17, 2016
Enjoying greeting parents and children in the morning starting off my day, Preparing office work, having fun with my peers. Hardest part on my job is running a center when under staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is the children.
Pros
Getting to work with the public.
Cons
Not having a set break, healthcare
Too corporate
Lead Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2016
Feels more like a business than a school. Uniforms are required and not quite comfortable for working with children. Often times children are pushed around from class to class to accommodate ratios and scheduling needs.
Pros
free lunch, kids are nice to work with, close knit working relationships
Cons
pay, breaks are often cut, perpetually understaffed
Stars grant stealing company
Ex Academy Director in Philadelphia (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2016
Teachers and Management work hard to move centers to next Stars level and they are termed before receiving there share of the Stars grant money which can be as high as$700.00 dollars for teachers and 3,500.00 for directors. Bright side keeps the grant money for themselves from the teachers and managers who no longer work for the company. If this has happened to you, you have the right to file a law suite against them for your share of the grant money. Philadelphia Small Claims court will be glad to assist you with your filing. Beware Brightside Academy in Philadelphia there will be justice for all.
Pros
On going training for staff
Cons
Use other personal from other bright side sites when Stars visit
Love working with children
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 28, 2016
Working with Brightside Academy has been a learning experience. I find this company great for those who need to start off their working experience as a teacher. I loved working in my classroom with the children. However the management was not as welcoming.
Pros
children
bad place to work no support
UPK Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 23, 2016
I would never recommend no one to work here, its unethical and its under paid staff. I worked here for 5 years and they continued to have very depressing atmosphere.
Pros
its a job
Cons
no childcare for you kids expensive benefits
Very hard day,
Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2016
Very over loading day, but the work itself is not hard. the hours are very long which makes the day drag out. I loved the staff and families in the academy
Pros
growth within the company
Cons
short staff, long work hourss
great place to work
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2016
I learned so much working at this facility. My child goes here now after so many years so of the same teachers are still working there. I would recommend the facility to parents for child care
A place where there is room for growth
New York Quality Compliance Manager. (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 17, 2016
Brightside is a place where there is room for growth. Working at Brightside Academy you will meet great people and the children are amazing to be around
Productive and fun workplace
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2016
This company has plenty of room for growth. Brightside Academy encourage all employees to further their education. Over all it's a great place to work.
Professional Environment
Head Start Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 19, 2016
I enjoy being at Brightside Academy, but am looking to further my experiences. They have a wonderful support system in place to help you grow as a teacher.
Brightside is a company I would recommend to anyone seeking gainful employment working with families and children.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2015
Brightside Academy is a great academy to work for and I enjoy the quality of service that is surrender to the children, families and employees. I would recommend Brightside for anyone searching for a career working with families and children. The work hours are great having weekends off is fantastic, Management seem to show concern for the workers. I have the best co workers ever. The hardest part of this job is the constant changing of classrooms all day long. Most enjoyable is the pay is good. I love working with the children.
Pros
Work hours are great, no weekends, no major holidays to work, free lunch, caring management
Cons
Changing classrooms all day long while working
Energetic workplace. The children keeps you busy
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 8, 2015
My typical day at work is entering the job site greeting staff, parents, and children. I start off by sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming the front and vestibule. Wipe down all glass windows in the academy and clean all bathrooms in the classrooms. Maintain my closet and take inventory for janitorial supplies. Then i maintain the offices. Management is ok, though i feel they can be a bit more appreciative with their workers and offer raises to those who are deserving, and not micro-manage the janitors. The most enjoyable part of the job are the children. I get a joy of cleaning mainly for the children. They deserve a clean, healthy enviornment in their upbringing. The hardest part of the job is giving your all and not being financially compensated for it.
Pros
Flexibity
Cons
Pay
Horrible!
Managing Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 26, 2015
I've worked in the class and in management. They have great intentions and an EXCELLENT curriculum, however it become difficult to implement the work ethics they aim to have because they mass enroll children and overwork the staff. Staff very under-paid and over worked. Great starting point for people looking to become EDUCATORS ONLY. Otherwise a waste of time and life.
Pros
Free school lunch
Cons
Poor management and staffing quality
I worked as a nurse assistant for several years at this company
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 6, 2016
I miss the teamwork, staff and patients in this long term facility. I worked in this field for several years until I injured my knee and was out of the field for a couple of years. However, when I returned and furthered my education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightside Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9