At YMT Vacations, the goal is to provide our guests with affordable vacations that they will remember for years to come. We sell direct to customers from sales offices in Los Angeles, Detroit and Cincinnati offering a range of inclusive value-priced tour and cruise/tour vacation packages throughout North America and worldwide. Prospects respond to advertisements placed in a variety of media including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio campaigns, direct mail and online. Prospect leads are provided to one of three call centers manned by highly-trained sales associates who convert the leads into guests.
Travcoa is well regarded as a boutique luxury tour operator catering to sophisticated world travelers with three primary styles of travel including: Escorted Journeys: Small-Group Luxury Tours; Independent Journeys: Private Guided Luxury Travel; Custom Journeys: Individually-Designed Luxury Travel. The business model relies on retail travel agency sales and referrals from others. Travcoa primarily uses direct mail, e-marketing, and online with little consumer and trade advertising. Leveraging the 60-year old brand name to endorse new product lines that cater to a younger, more independent traveler through enhanced online marketing is providing growth opportunities.
YMT Vacations and Travcoa are members of the TUI Travel Group of companies, one of the largest and most successful travel and tourism organizations in the world.
Responsible for the continued development and maintenance of current websites (travcoa.com and ymtvacations.com) on a common Drupal platform that is consistent with best practices of other TUI brands. Execute the testing, content development, and proper functioning of both web sites. This role spans across a range of marketing applications to support all stages of the customer lifecycle, including content management, promotional efforts, regular announcements and communications, and on-going customer service enhancements.
Under the direction of the VP of Marketing and individual brand managers, this position supports all functions for the execution of online marketing, including communications, website maintenance, project management, SEO/SEM efforts and supporting strategy implementation.
Although the primary focus for this position is leading and overseeing website maintenance and performance, s/he will also support other projects and tasks within the marketing department relating to e-marketing.
- Responsible for daily website content management. Manage content for both websites inclusive of pricing, itineraries, tour information, company information, etc.
- Implement the use of Social Media in online strategies based on fit with customer segments and potential ROI opportunities.
- Partner with others in the TUI North American division to share best practices, drive critical outcomes, and commercial success for all online efforts.
- Work with the site developers to enhance the functionality of online booking process, incorporating email lists and other online tactics to drive more bookings through the ease of use and also to ensure the information is transferred into Travel Studio reservations system.
- Assist in the development and execution of capabilities for e-marketing. Implementation includes list pulls, assignment of content, and coordinating with others to proof and send e-mails and e-newsletters.
- Responsible for effective use of e-marketing tools (i.e., Cheetah Mail and Mail Chimp).
- Work with the hosting vendor and other third party technical resources to support the site.
- Ensure branding for both sites is consistent with all marketing materials and communicated to the consumer as such.
- Utilize technology platform to improve customer service, improve marketing efficiencies, and reduce operating costs by providing timely information and resources to customers through online channels.
- Stay current on web technologies and trends in order to advise and recommend approaches for web marketing. Take initiative and make recommendations to ensure that the web site is continually being developed to meet its goals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of experience in content management
- Degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Experience with Drupal, or a similar Content Management System
- Ability to communicate with a developer
- Project management experience is an asset
- Experience with Photoshop and In Design
- Strong Mac and PC skills, including standard office productivity tools (MS Office, etc.)
- Training, education and experience in internet, e-Marketing and Marketing Media
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work independently with minimal supervision on multiple tasks with a variety of clients and team members
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written, including presentation skills)
- Solid ability to deliver to expectations
- Strong organizational and execution skills
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Travel industry experience desirable
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Brightspark Travel, Inc. is a leading North American student travel organization servicing over 100,000 students each year with...