BrightStar Care Employee Reviews in United States

Bad Company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GAJuly 27, 2016
Upper Employees have no respect for the CNA's.. They take your clients from you at the drop of a dime thats not right we all have to work to live.
Pros
Cons
you have to pay for everything
Stay away from Brightstar Moraga
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Moraga, CAJuly 27, 2016
low wages, will exploit nurses, house cleaning part of the job, no chance to vet cases before taking, cases wildly misrepresented, very pushy office staff, not supportive, greedy,
Great place to work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 26, 2016
Brightstar is the best company I have worked for. Management is so accommodating to my schedule. I love working with the clients and staff at brightstar!
Pros
Great people to work for
Very unprofessional
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 21, 2016
This job is by far one of the worst i have worked for. Staff dont respond. I wanted fulltime. They told me when i started that wouldnt be a problem. A month into the job no one answers me about geting fulltime instead of part.
Company is downsizing, but it was overall a good company.
Human Resources Coordinator/Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJuly 20, 2016
Friendly work environment, enjoyed my time there.

A typical day at work varies from day to day. Mondays are payroll days and Tuesdays are set for interviews. I only work two days a week for the company.

It is a very friendly environment, and the management is top notch. A caring family company, they always compensate with bonuses and incentives.

I enjoy working with my co-workers. A lot of them were let go unfortunately.

The hardest part of the job now, is the stress of handling the job responsibilities of those who were let go.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the many people I interview.
Pros
The Interviewing
Cons
The extra work load
good
caregiver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2016
i love the client and being able to help grow as a human. the my boss and they care about the client . the care giver go to client to take of them,they take them out,doing them hair and nails
Pros
free lurch
Cons
short hours
Its ok
Hospice Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Miami, FLJuly 14, 2016
I work per diem. The in office staff is very friendly and outgoing. I work 12 hr shifts for continuous care hospice patients. I love working with hospice patients.
With bright star I was never short of work.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2016
At Bright Start I worked at least 40 hours a week. With them I had a variety of patients. I had the chance of getting to know new and different patients. They kept me busy.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2016
Worked in San Antonio. These are all franchise and this one is a mess!!!! the DON does nothing but sit in the office, they are unorganized, all on paper- no electronic charting, scheduling is a mess- never complete, patients out number the nurses so you are getting called at last minute to go do admissions or wound care, Patients are all over the place, if you are full time you can not refuse to go somewhere- so if its an hour away oh well you go! No mileage compensation, minimal to no training.
Pros
good/decent pay
Cons
too many patient, short staffed, high turn over, paper charting, lazy administration(DON)
Rewarding, and an overall fun place to work, good management, bad pay
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 6, 2016
Brightstar care is great when it comes to working around your schedule. You can pretty much make your own. However, the pay is low, and raises do not come often.
Care is Great
CNA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2016
Management at Brightstar Preston Dallas,TX is very unorganize. They are rude not enough hours to make a 40 hr paycheck. I do not recommend the Preston office. The hardest part of the job is getting work. I rate Preston office 1 star.
Pros
Make you feel they need you.
Cons
They are all about the money. Lie to clients
Pay is very low. Not able to work with schedule needs.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 30, 2016
Basically they attempt to get you to drive 45 minutes to make $9 a hour. Not really worth it. There's not much communication within the office. Not a preferred job. This is okay if your looking for PRN and don't need a real job.
Pros
Cons
Low wages, long commute, zero communications
flexable in scheduling
CNA Home Health (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 30, 2016
not good managment. lack of hrs not trusting, the office staff to d not have your best interest .i like the clients and working as a cna but the company is poor
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
poor office staff rude to work for
ok. workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2016
working at this company was kind of exciting. I liked the job. im a people person and I have patience. I cleaned, cooked and did extra stuff also.
Ok just job to work just have another form of income too.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2016
Have another form of income because it's not very steady and not too many advancements. Just to make a ok check you have to work day and night.
Pros
Lots of shifts
Cons
Pay sucks if you have a family, if it's just you it's ok.
fast-paced enviorment
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 27, 2016
i would receive phones and check for the serial numers, and the identity of each cellular on the computer.
Cna
Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 27, 2016
A typical day on the job at Brightstar care consisted of caring of patients by bathing, clothing, and assisting with travel
helpful staff
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15234June 24, 2016
I loved working with the elderly people assisting them with there daily needs from cooking cleaning laundry bathing ect. The whole process is very rewarding
Interesting Opportunity
Certified Medical Assistant/home health aid (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2016
I was PRN and only had one patient who was quadriplegic. When his insurance changed I did not get a new patient. I was employed by the company however, they did not contact me and never set me up with a new patient. They were constantly moving and staff turnover was very high.
job full time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  conroe texasJune 23, 2016
they are a good company . Only work load changes weekly from full to part time without notice. Company gets upset with you if you talk to clients about schedule or company.

2.9