BrightStar Care

BrightStar Care Employee Reviews

n/a
cna (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 31, 2015
Excellent employer. They care about the employees. Great company to work for as a part time job. Management are great, very well organized, everything about the company is a plus.
Works around your schedule
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Vienna, WVJuly 29, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: travel
Brightstar employees are very friendly and they work around my school schedule.They also called with extra shifts if I wanted extra money.
Motivating; always determined to reach new goals daily!
Phone Specialist (Former Employee), lake Bluff, ILJuly 13, 2015
Working with managers who understood the everyday life was something I haven't experienced with past employers. I've learned that every person you meet will not understand you. meeting international people, some of which did not speak English. this was the hardest part of the job, But it also was the best part as well because I had a chance to interact with people from all over the world! The co-workers were so friendly and helping at all times. we all hung out after work most times.
Unrealistic Expectations
Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILJuly 9, 2015
Did not receive any guidance on expectations. When a full-time employee was transferred to another department, all of his duties were assigned to me.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 8, 2015
Very supportive and caring staff. Competitive wadges I would recommend this job for anyone looking for variety in there field of work from C.N.A. To R.N. A great staff!
I would rather have them as a second/backup job
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 2, 2015
The typical work day varies you could work with one client for 1 hr up to 12 hrs or you could have a full day with up to 5/6 clients non-stop. I have learned my limits on what I can do and more about the healthcare field. The management is o.k it can get stress full when people call off. I don't know much about the other workers i don't see them. Working with the elderly and not being able to fix what is wrong with them.Getting to meet some of the nicer clients and hearing their stories and learning new thing.
Accomodating and reliable work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Illinois, ILJune 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Inconsistent full time weekly
Prompt response from nurses about observed changes in patient's condition.

I Learned to be a team player and get along with co-workers

Management is respectful and relates with employee in a professional manner.

Hardest part of the job is when the patient require lifting and there is no assistive device available.
Also when patients in their homes require 2 persons assist for lifting and are not considering a second person support.
My company usually withdraw employees from such case to prevent injury to patient and protect employee.

I enjoy it when the nurse is present with me on any new case and give me the job description. It helps build my confidence when caring for my client.

The job got me exposed to different patients with different issues going on with them. It helped exposed me to how much individualized patient care can be and also increased my experience.
Helped people out with their daily living essentials
Supervisor Susan (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 18, 2015
Pros: I got to pick days I was available and was able to take time whenever
Cons: No insurance, no overtime even if you worked more than 40 hours in a week
The most rewarding part of the job was just seeing my clients happy. A typical day was bathing, cooking, cleaning, and assisting with needs.
Great for a second job
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2015
Pros: There are always hours available
Cons: No room for advancement in pay or skills
Steady hours and allowance to set initial schedule
Not much training offered
Not much communication or effort from management
Compensation is not good
Some clients are great and others are nearly abusive to staff
Office staff great to work amongst
RN Case Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), Blue Ash, OHJune 13, 2015
Fast paced environment, a lot of opportunities to learn different skills, and work among a wide variety of professionals...Downside is taking work home as the norm and overload of responsibilities with lack of training to prepare for it.
Productive Fun workplace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 10, 2015
Very Understanding And Caring staff who value and appreciate their employees! Co-workers are also very friendly and very helpful a lot of good teamwork. The most enjoyable part of my job are the clients , they are so sweet and make my job enjoyable.
BrightStar - Great employer
CNA (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Director of Nursing on staff
Cons: Not always perfect hours
Worked for BrightStar Healthcare for over a year now. Very pleased with them as an employer. Glad that there is always a nurse to call and talk to regarding patient care. Would recommend them to friends and family to work for!
Flexible Hours, but Poor Communication
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Work with your schedule
Cons: Lack of Communication, No Benefits
This company has amazing people in management, as well as clients. Communication between departments is strained. The company works with you to find clients that match up to your availability and needs for hours each week. Each client requires a varying degree of help with their ADLs, and the company always encourages honest communication about your relationship with the client.
Wonderful opportunities
Community Liaison (Current Employee), Lake Elmo, MNMay 29, 2015
Pros: Wonderful coaching
Cons: Very Stressful
At BrightStar I have had an amazing experience that I would never take back for the world. The owner was a wonderful coach and always helped in a time of need or question. The support for staff is wonderful and the whole team is one big family. Though things are constantly changing and you roll may change as well. There are also no health care benefits which is difficult.
Happy people helping people
Caregiver (Former Employee), Boise, IDMay 27, 2015
Pros: Assisting others with care
Cons: Long term can be difficult job
Care giving is a wonderful experience. Helping people is a priceless gift to give someone else. Those who receive care are so thankful. Those who receive respite from caring for a loved one are grateful for a care giver stepping in to help.
HHCA
Pediatric Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 22, 2015
Cons: Pay
Managing Care Plans and administering personal care to clients. It was sometimes difficult to problem solve a medical situation when you had little training on a particular, but I was always able to get help when a predicament presented itself.
wanderful workplace
CNA (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 12, 2015
Productive and fun workplace with caring stuff members. It is truly a place you can enjoy working and a place you can find worth. The management is willing to help in any way they can to improve your work experience.
A cutting-edge company with an interesting industry.
IT Business Analyst / Technical Writer (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMay 8, 2015
Worked with software engineers and company marketers. Provided business analysis for the Reverse Logistics team and with those we partnered. Provided all needed in-house technical documentation

Job involved reverse logistics with a global company. Learned a great deal about forward and reverse logistics.

Co-workers were primarily PMs and software developers. Worked closely with the Director in charge the Reverse Logistics team. A lot of very good chemistry.

Most difficult aspect of the job was that it was global, and required work with different languages. The work as contract work and did not involve advancement opportunities.

Enjoyed the work and the Director, who had an excellent understanding and appreciation of what I brought to the table.
Go through recruiting materials, set appointments
Recruiter/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 5, 2015
Pros: The caregivers
Cons: Management
Research all of the job boards to find new recruits, set appointments, perform interviews and orientation. I completed the entire hiring process for all the new employees. I also did staffing for the clients. The hardest part about the job was finding new employees that would stay. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and our clients.
Good place
Home Health LPN - Private Duty (Former Employee), Lakewood, COApril 30, 2015
Learned much and pleasant people to work with. Lifting sometimes is challenging. Talking with the patient is the most enjoyable part.
Headquarters