BrightStar Care

BrightStar Care Employee Reviews

Poor communication
I assist young children (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 5, 2016
The management is unprofessional, and makes up false information. You almost never get praised for your hard work and dedication.
Brightstar doesn't always keep their employees busy.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CAFebruary 3, 2016
I would love to work at least 40 hours per week and Brightstar doesn't seem to have the clientele to accommodate my wishes.
Cannot comment as I still work here
IT Project Manager for Apple and Best Buy (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJanuary 31, 2016
You can look at the internet to see the company offerings and you can talk to others to find out what it's like to work there.
Company with potential
Staff (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 29, 2016
Very small home healthcare company franchise, that has not had a history of good marketing. They have a ways to go to compete with the area competition. They could be great someday if they would be responsive and competitive in the market place,
Excellent franchise company to work for.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Excellent Owner, employee relationship. Gained knowledge in a small, private business. Restructured the business environment which grew the company revenue by 20% in 2015.
poor
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJanuary 26, 2016
A very poorly operated company that did not satisfy what I wanted. A typical day was very boring. The hardest part of the job was being told by management to do something one way then later that same day or the next, being told by other management to do the exact opposite. I never found anything enjoyable about the company. If I could give an overall rating of no stars instead of one or negative stars I would.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Very nice place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARJanuary 26, 2016
Love to help the elderly community and felt good to know that our elderly people was receiving the care they deserved.

The schedule was very good and the management is very flexible when the employees have personal appointments to attend.
Not safe if you value nursing license
Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2016
Very poor structure within the office. Many employees hired with minimal to no experience. Very high employee turnover.
Not recommended
LVN (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 13, 2016
I worked as a nurse for them, the management was horrible, communication was poor, and they try to control what you do on your off days. I would not recommend them to anyone.
Great Company
supply chain (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJanuary 10, 2016
Handling inbound and outbound call and working with great people I work with great co-worker and the hardest part of the job is having multiple projects at one time
Pros
lunch and flexible hours, work from home option
Cons
short breaks and alot of work
enjoyed the one on one care
CNA (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJanuary 5, 2016
There was not a typical day as each client had different needs. I learned that each person is valuable in their own sense. The management did not communicate very well. Very rarely did I work with others as this was individualized home care. The hardest part of the job was getting attached to the client and when they pass away you were scheduled for another client and was not able to attend the funerals to say your farewells. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with the clients and getting to know them.
Pros
one on one care
Cons
no benefits
The management is well to work with
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 4, 2016
I had a difficult family to work with and after being with them for 3 months they were able to find me another person to care for right away.
Pros
nice management
Cons
wages
A great opportunity to meet many wonderful people.
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2016
BrightStar was a good company to work for. It had flexible hours and a respectful working environment. Going into the homes of each client allowed for building relationships with wonderful people.
Pros
Getting to know the clients
Cons
No compensation for miles driven
A friendly working environment.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GADecember 28, 2015
the people held open conversations with me. and they were also very focused in their work. they recognize individuals for their hard work. lastly they have strong team spirit and we bond well together.
Horrible Company
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 21, 2015
If you don't mind being asked to compromise your license, be sent to a site without proper or sufficient supplies, being sent to sites 50+ miles away with no mileage reimbursement, going to see a hospice patient that has passed away and not receiving a phone call to notify you beforehand....then this is the place for you!
productive and fun
CNA (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 17, 2015
good place to work kind staff ... they strive to meet clients and caregivers needs competitive salary for agency work i would recommend my friends to apply there
Nice, friendly atmoshere
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2015
Working with children and the ederlty preparing meals and providing companionship to individuals that are ill, as well as babysitting, and giving personal care to the elderly.Working with little or no supervison while using critical thinking skills.
Pros
Weekly pay, Continuing education opportunities
Cons
Some assignments may be temporary
Not a place for people of color
cna nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIDecember 8, 2015
Was told to stand out side in the cold as client smoke in the home was a housekeeper did not use any cna skilles.Hours were the worst every work in 20 years hated it.
Pros
Cons
Bad job culture, bad management
Steady but very little room for growth or advancement
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILDecember 7, 2015
Completeing tasks went smoothly on a day to day basis, however there is very little knowlegde that I've gained at the company. All co-workers have professional for the most part and the management has done a good job handling things. The hardest part of the job is that there is no room for growth within this company, usually where you start is where you will end and there are no healthcare benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the different clients and gaining their trust.
Great pay
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARNovember 24, 2015
Working for this home health agency furthered my understanding of dedication to clients. Clients come first for this company, as they should. Brightstar is a wonderful agency for people to consider using to obtain care for their loved ones.