BrightStar Care Employee Reviews

Poor management. High overturn
LPN Private Home Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VANovember 16, 2017
In the beginning the company appeared to be great. Later I learned they never followed thru with what they said. For more than six months my checks were incorrect. When I left, they wouldn't even give me my CPR card that I myself paid for.
It was alright
Assist residents (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 15, 2017
I liked working for brightstar and helping patients in their own homes. What i did not like was that i wasnt getting alot of hours near me. and we didnt get paid for driving time.
Political
Speech Therapy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXNovember 15, 2017
You have to "pick a side". If the manager doesn't like you she will make sure the rest of the workers don't communicate with you. Manager will leave you out of company parties and socials.
Long days
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCNovember 15, 2017
You will typically work long days with difficult clients with no training. You are given clients last minute with no information about them. You aren't given mileage unless you double check. Sometimes they won't tell you a client doesn't need you and you waste your time.
Very great company, work was stressful
Implementation and Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 14, 2017
Very great company, work was stressful. Leadership was great, unplanned changes in your schedule was the common factor. Traveling was more than 50% of the time.
Good second job
CNA/GNA (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2017
Good second job
Pays weekly
No order in the office
Makes bonuses very hard to achieve
Managers are rude
Payroll always seems flustered
Very strict!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No order in office
very fast paced
Branch Manager/Scheduler/CHHA (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJNovember 13, 2017
I love the Brightstar i work for. There was plenty of opportunity to grow but the business dwindled.brightstar is a great place to work . and a great place to grow if given the oppurtunity/
They pay us less than walmart employes
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2017
They dont pay well. We have no insurance. They call asking you to pick up shifts non stop. All they care About is money. Its really sad..............
hours
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, IN 47904November 12, 2017
WAY over worked because I was salaried. 10 hour days 5 days a week. No overtime pay being salaried :( They do not pay mileage when other home health agencies do.
Great place, low money
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CANovember 12, 2017
Brightstar Care is a great place to work, however, the salary rate leave a lot to be desired. The staff and owner are nice people. I was ut right to work after completing my newhire paperwork. I really don't have anything negative to say about the company.
Pros
Will work with your schedule, great staff
Cons
low apy, no benefits
Great place to work. Receptionist was very helpful.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCNovember 10, 2017
Nice personal to work for. Alway stayed on top of CPR training. And other training as well. Stayed on top of new technology to help improve our quality of work.
Pros
Training was kept up.
Cons
No healthcare coverage
Good work experience
Home Health LVN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 9, 2017
My position with Bright Star was very positive. There was a pleasant working environment .knowledgeable staff, Management was quick to address problems. A very good experience overall.
Pros
Good Positive attitude from Management
Cons
Not enough visits to keep me busy enough in Wound care.
A great place to start your career
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 9, 2017
They believe in you,
They take a chance on you,
They Support you
They coach you
What else can you add from your employer?
Brightstar exposes to different environment of care, such as Home Care, Hospice Care, Skilled Nurse Facilities, and that allows your to build skills, such as time management and confidence in yourself as a caregiver.
Not a good place for someone that wants to succeed
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2017
Brightstar will not give you overtime, and no salary increase in a year. Good job for a student,not for a mom of 4. It’s a good place to work don’t take it wrong, but I will like to succeed and get a better position and this place is not the one.
Poor communication from administration
Science Camp Nurse (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 3, 2017
This company is short on communication and long on assumption. When instruction was needed for operation of new electronic programs, administrators were either not available for help or stated they knew nothing about the new program.

Regarding medical staffing in skilled nursing facilities, no orientation for the specific facility was offered.
Pros
Flexible schedule; choose your patients
Cons
Poor management; poor orientation to company and to contracted facilitlies.
Brightstar have many branches, but the particular one i worked with is one of the best. They listen, help employee meet their needs
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 2, 2017
I have been with Brightstar since 2010 and still love working for them. One of the reason why i work there was because they pay weekly. Christmas time, they invite employees to party
Pros
Free gift card if you are a good worker
Cons
there's no break while you caring for a client in a home care setting
Excellent job for helping others
HOME CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CANovember 1, 2017
On a daily basis,I would go to a client home and I would cook light meals. I would also help them with household chores such as washing dishes, washing clothes,vacuum, mop and clean bedrooms, and living rooms.I would take the clients on walks, help them with exercises and remind them to take their medication. I would also take clients to doctor appointments and or grocery shopping.
flexible work hours
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 1, 2017
I typical day at work would be a day of assisting a patient with routine ADLS. Its a nice job to have when your work is appreciated. It gets hard some times when patients and their family members expect you to do work outside of the scope of duty.
Pros
the good thing about working with Brightstar Care is that the hours are flexible to my life.
Cons
The cons about working with bright star is that you dont get any raises
nice
Certified Nursing Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 30, 2017
I enjoy working with the elderly. The branch owner is a nice guy. It is great for part time work, not great for full time. Most clients are nice people.
The work schedule is exaggerating and not not true.
Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 30, 2017
Work is truly not available.Office manager lies about positions and does not call. You can work for them 12 hours and the day you get sick... there an attitude and No work is given.Dont take it personal. When managers are pregnant emotions can run high..but keep it professional.
Pros
Possible advancement
Cons
Fees are not paid for 12 hours. No Overtime which is not told Up Front.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrightStar Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9