Brightstorm is looking for a talented UI designer who can lead the company in UI design/development process with unique insights on Web services.
Job Title: Part-time UI/UX designer
Job Location: Mountain View, CA
Job Status: 6 months(can be hired full-time after initial contracted term)
Brightstorm(www.brightstorm.com) has been one of the leaders in online education industry since founded in 2008. We’re a direct-to-consumer service that helps teenage students study. Over 200,000 people visit our site every month and we have a solid revenue stream from paid subscription. This is a chance to work with a small, passionate team and take a critical role in user interface design of a growing business.
- Passion for web design & User Interface
- 5+ years experience in UX/UI design and front-end development for consumer Web services
- Expertise with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Skills in HTML & CSS
What you’ll be doing
- Closely work with engineering team and management to define user experience, site flow and site feel
- Sketch, wireframe the user experience and flow. Transform these ideas into mockups for engineering team and develop design components.
- Front-end development work in HTML and CSS
Good To Have
- Skills for responsive design(New design & refactoring existing UI)
- Experience of working at or with a startup
You can work remotely most of the time, with occasional on-site meetings. We prefer a local candidate in SF bay area. We're flexible with contract terms including hourly-rate-based, retainer-based, half-time. If both sides see the right fit, we’re willing to hire as a full-time as well.