Brightview Senior Living, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

THEY are unaware of good talent
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 25, 2016
I interviewed with them and was well qualified for the job. Out of the group I was the only one with the job experience and had more then enough years of talent. Over 30 years. Since my interview they have advertise the position 3 times in 3 months. I never got a call back bit I can see the turnover just by how many times they are advertising for the Concierge position. That is crazy. They obviously don't know what they are looking for. So glad I never got a call back. I can see I would of been unhappy.
They are not looking for good talent.
Cons
Their hiring process. They dont want good talent.
not worth it to waste your time and energy
Dinning server (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NJJune 14, 2016
Watch your back all the times cause theres a lot of them throw a stone towards you and hide their hand after. favoritsm at its finest. If youre favorite you do all against the rule and still dont get disciplined and you get all compliments and all the hours..The most horrible place i ever worked at.. they are just all about profits. Poor employees and poor residents
Pros
free food
Cons
everything
Management and Executive Director clueless and inexperienced
CNA (Former Employee) –  RANDOLPH, NJMarch 14, 2016
Bright View Executive Director and inexperienced program directors are clueless on running a company. They have no compassion or people skills to operate such a big company. They are extremely arrogant and very egocentric. They care about the dollar rather then there good employees or residents. It has been the worst place I ever worked. The residents were wonderful and very special to me. I will miss them terribly. However for Corporate and Program Director no class and definitely no compassion for seniors or good employees.
Pros
The Residents
Cons
Is to leave company and find someone who appreciates good employees.
Not worth applying for a job there
N/A (Former Employee) –  Woodbury NJJanuary 29, 2016
Minimum hours (less than 20 hrs) little training
management overpaid and they don't work only gab all day
Management is nasty to the residents even though they pay alot of money to live there
Newer employees paid higher pay rate
Best part of the job is leaving for the day
Pros
To be employed
Cons
Everything you can think ok
Snobbery at its best
Resident Services (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJNovember 21, 2015
Brightview, specifically Mt. Laurel, is about what and who makes the corporate team look good. They don't care about the residents and that is what it should be about. They are all lip service, leading employees on and residents to. If you don't fit in with the management clic, you are just another faceless employee. "Watch your back" should be their motto.
Cons
Unsupportive, disconnected, not employee friendly
Do Not Work Here.
Wellspring Vibrant Living Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 28, 2016
Brightview which is owned by The Shelter Group company is an absolutely horrible place to work. All they care about is making money and how they can profit by spending as little as possible on resident activities and outing just so they can fall under budget and get nice bonuses on their check. If you aren't part of the management team, you go completely unrecognized. They make you feel low. This was my first full time job out of college and I get paid MINIMUM WAGE for a position that required a college degree. Little did I know, I would be overworked like no other working over 50 hours a week and never having a weekend off. They have such a high employee turnover that the loyal employees get punished for in the end. They try to have as little employees as possible because MONEY MONEY MONEY. And don't let the gourmet food fool you that they serve at their open houses because it is the complete opposite of the actual garbage they feed to the residents. Don't let this place fool you!
Pros
Cons
Everything. Absolutely everything.
Great Job
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Branford, CTJanuary 11, 2016
I love working for Brightview, I work at Evergreen and everyone there seems so happy and is always smiling! I am looking forward to growing and flourishing with this company.
Not so vibrant
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 11, 2015
For a community which claims to be a vibrant community, they are not even close. They care more about making money than they do about the residents or the employees. The turn around is ridiculous and the atmosphere is negative. The pay is just as bad. You are definitely overworked and underpaid. Management plays favorites and really doesn't care about the quality of anything except the mighty dollar.
Pros
Residents are great
Cons
Everything else
great place to work
Vibrant Living Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, MAOctober 7, 2015
great place to work. Amazing people working there. The residents make the community a great place to work for.
The residents there were amazing and they made working there to be fun and enjoyable.
Awesome TA department!
Regional Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 6, 2015
Awesome TA department! To notch leadership and using a modern recruiting vision, promoting independent thinking and working environment.
Pros
ability to work remote
Cons
healthcare and PTO
The work is fun and the people are wonderful.
C.N.A/R.M.A (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VAFebruary 8, 2014
We work 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. A typical day is clocking in counting with the day med aide, then you get report from them after that you check your shower list. Then at 1600 you pass out meds to those who get meds. At 1700 it's dinner time, you help those who need assists down to the dinning room. While the Residents are having dinner you take a 30min dinner break. After everyone has had dinner you help them back to their apartments. Those that get showers you help assist. At 2000 you start your night meds, you help those who need help get ready for bed. Then at 2200 it's time to count and give report to the next shift. I learned that things are not what they always seem to be. I enjoy working with my co-workers, we always have a good work ethinic when we all work together. The hardest part of my job is when someone pass away.The most enjoyable part of my job is when a family member or a resident comes up to you and tell what a great job you do it just makes it all worth it.
Pros
Joyful smiles, warm hearts and friendly faces.
Cons
no free diners or lunches
Amazing place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 22, 2012
brightview is an amazing company that provides a great service!
Pros
advancement
poor leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  MDDecember 14, 2013
ED was more worried about shmoozing and lunch, no support!!!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightview Senior Living, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3