Brightview Senior Living Employee Reviews

Constintly Changing Managment
COOK (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJuly 20, 2017
Most days are a positive environment to work, however, there tends to be one if not more days when I question my happiness at work. Through out my time with the company there has been a make of about 6-9 months of constant management. Other then that there has been constant change in high management jobs making it difficult to have clear expectations in the work place. Although the company has great potential, I feel they are growing to quickly to have a quality community and work place.
The is the worst job every
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJuly 19, 2017
I worked there for months no help the mangement sucks the company needs to be reported all the shelter group care about is money worst place to work the gna hit the residents and mistreat the ones who cant help there selves
Pros
Cons
Brightview
Great company with lots of room for advancement
vibrant living assistant (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJuly 18, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed every day that I worked at Brightview. All of the associates were easy to work and communicate with. I held several different positions throughout my time working with this company, and in each position, I was able to interact with the residents, which I loved. You can clearly see that all associates really care about the residents and feel that the work that they are doing is important.
Decent but aggraveting
Senior Dietary Server (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 6, 2017
It has its ups and downs just needs better management. I think the benefits are good and I really enjoy most of the residents and co-workers I work with.
A great place to work
Vibrant Living Director (Current Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJJune 30, 2017
Residents, families, and associates are all friendly. People are always smiling and welcoming. There is a lot of education. All associates are given monthly online classes to maintain working knowledge of the industry. Overall, a great place to work!
Great job
Intern (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 29, 2017
Residents and the relationships your form with them are great. Management is not overbearing, but supportive. If you show interest in advancing professionally, they will actually help you because the company is growing so quickly. Always fun activities happening at the community and what you do is different every day.
Sometimes can be short staffed, but keep in mind the residents live there and need 24 hour care, and of course the healthcare industry will always have higher turnover naturally.
Overall, everyone from the CEO to your direct supervisor will care about the residents, and if you're good to them they will be good to you.
Decent
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/ Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAJune 6, 2017
Management is very cliquey. Very disorganized as a whole. Never communicated with staff . All the management I are friends and gang up on staff. Never any posture comments Alwas negative
Pros
Food at meetings
Stressful
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMay 23, 2017
The work was very stressful and very short staffed at almost all times. You also used very out dated technology like pen, paper, pagers, and a walkie talkie. Also, the work starts to get redundant because when you are signing care plans you have to sign by pen and paper and as well as using technology to complete the work. I was always called in to work on my days off and the coworkers produce a lot of drama.
Pros
Mangement helps at times
Cons
Short breaks, always interrupted during break, no weekend differential, holidays are a must, low on staff, always calling on your day off
job elevation
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  bel air mdMay 22, 2017
Bright view can provide the opportunity to grow. It is very fast paced and can be challenging most of the time. The manager doesn't seem to have the employees best interest at heart. Many times they are over worked and tired. However, it is a place where is room to improve yourself and advance your career in this field. They also provide tuition reimbursement which is a plus and employees are also able to get great discounts through tickets at work.
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 15, 2017
Very chill place to work. They arent constantly hovering over you. As long as you do your work they will not be down your throat about stuff. Every month you have to complete online safety though.
A great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 28, 2017
A great place to work the workers and and residents are very friendly. And they strongly believe in team work it's one of the best place I have ever worked I used to love it there.
It was a great experience, bad communication
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDApril 17, 2017
Good reliable workers, with bad communication about schedule. Great opportunity, and a lot was learned while working ther. Great training, and fun environment.
I love my job.
CNA/CMA (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 7, 2017
Awesome place to work and I love the residents and coworkers. It's a fun and friendly environment and you can truly advance with this company. They also have great benefits.
Pros
All is well.
Cons
All is well.
This job is a joke
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDMarch 9, 2017
I'm a utility worker and we are always short staffed, i'm constantly being called in on my days off to work for someone who called out. I'm working with teenagers that don't want to do their job and are just there Half of the time I have to do their job for them just so we get out on time.
I work from 10:30 - 7:30 a 9 hour shift all day on my feet, no time to even make plans with friends or family. Don't even get me started with personal life and school balance. I've been working here for 3 years while also attending college and they don't value college in any way shape or form. I've been sleep deprived many nights because I worked so much while still in school, mind you i'm a part time employee basically working full time hours with no benefits.
Pros
Residents are awesome to conversate with
Cons
No respect for personal life/college and school, long hours, short staffed, lack of equipment, always running out of food items daily, long grueling hours, no consequences and structure
it was ok
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Jamison, PAJanuary 24, 2017
the job was good but the food service director was a dictator. he was not a good teacher for a firs time management employee. made some really god and cool food there
Pros
free lunch
Cons
mangement
Was fine at start date.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  East Norriton, PAJanuary 18, 2017
If hired again wouldn't go back.I had to catch two buses liked the traveling to work but unfortunately that didn't mean to much to them when they fired me when septa went on strike
Pros
Had to pay for lunch.
was a great job. but I'm burned out in under 2 years.
Porter/Janitor (Current Employee) –  MDDecember 31, 2016
I work for the shelter group which is part of bright view senior living. Was a great job when I first started. best job I've had in years. but their are problems not being addressed by management.

Constant staffing shortages, too much work daily and not enough help. I’m burned out and they don’t care. When employees get burned out, the residents suffer. in fact its not about the residents here at all most days, it's about the bottom line. Money and profit. Money matters most. I just wish the lower level employees had a voice, someone looking out for them and that listens to their concerns. My boss is very critical sometimes of everyone and everything, but him/her self.

the benefits are great. hours are great, nights and weekends off. pay is fair but should be more for the amount of work we do daily. the workload is fine if you're 20 yrs old... but not so easy if you're in your 50s or older... its tough. biweekly pay sucks, they should pay us every Friday for the BS we have to endure here...

generally speaking it's still an ok job. I love working with residents. I just wish we could get more help so I'm not killing myself every day and burning myself out.... I don't mind hard work, but Im not sure how much longer at my age I can keep this pace up.
Pros
pay is fair, benefits are great. nights and weekends off are great.
Cons
too much work not enough help creates high employee burnout and stress, the care and customer service we give the residents suffers
A top notch Senior Living company who believes in vibrant living and choices for seniors living in their many communities.
Dining Services Director (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 28, 2016
As a chef moving from restaurants and other various institutional operations such as a hospital and a school, I found Brightview to be a good balance of both types of jobs. I was still able to be creative from a menu development and cooking standpoint while developing my management skills and expanding my knowledge in the Senior Living industry.
Pros
Better hours than restaurants enabling better work/life balance
Great Company & A True Sense of Giving Back
On Site (Current Employee) –  MarylandDecember 15, 2016
I have been with Brightview for 7 years and came from an environment where I felt like just a number. At Brightview, there is a true sense of community and when the leadership team visits, they know the employees by name. They also do fun things for the employees-- contests, incentives, team building. I love the residents and at the end of the day, you feel like you've giving back and enhancing the residents lives. Or as Brightview would say, making their lives more "vibrant"
Pros
Residents, free food, team feel, culture
Cons
You have to be okay working around blood, bodily fluids etc.
Poorly run Company
Director (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 8, 2016
The company thinks they are the best around but they are not. They treat people horribly. They string along staff making them think they will promote but don't. In the mean time they work people to death.
The home office pretends they really care and are in touch but they are not. They seem to just be about making money.

They shuffle upper management around even when they perform below standards. They lose great directors left and right and they don't seem to care.

They are not the best around.
Pros
Beautiful buildings
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightview Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9