Brightwood College Employee Reviews

Very productive easy work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 3, 2017
Great work atmosphere that I work in and fairly easy tasked that you were asked to perform. The management that I worked under were very encouraging and helpful. The hardest part of the job was not knowing a few things before the task were asked of me to perform them
Productive place
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CANovember 2, 2017
- Always something new with the many students that come in and ask for help or just to tell us about their day.
- On the job training
- Working environment was stress-free
Stressful
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 11, 2017
You are told to do things illegal as to mark stidents there when they are absent. No this place is not a good place to work for
They are rude to students
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Always wondering if you are going to get fired
Not a good place to work.
Student Finance Supervisor/Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2017
Very stressful and lack of teamwork. Everyone is out for themselves. Poor leadership and lack of direction. However, they do have a few great instructors.
Pros
Cons
very poor leadership
Good Working Environment
Career Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 29, 2017
I enjoy working here, people are friendly and helpful. From the moment I started everyone welcomed me. Met hardworking individuals who truly care about the student.
Fun Place to work
Director of Career Development (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INSeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work! Work/life balanced well. Hammond was one of the top schools. Very much team oriented. It was like working with family. It was easy to go to work everyday!
Company most likely won't be around in 6 months
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vista, CASeptember 5, 2017
Great schedule, flexibility to add/remove curriculum as needed, promoted quickly, some would say not having a drug screen would be a plus. However, there's a lot of false promises (we were told merit increases would be given January 2017, then April, then August, and now not at all), hiring freeze, no overtime, absolutely no spending (even supplies), high employee turn over rate, layoffs, accreditation issues, company wide furlough at Christmas (2016), and employees are low-balled when hired.

My advice, don't low-ball employees. Instead, hire employees at a good rate, treat them well, and they will stay. Understand that employees can only do so much before their breaking point. Morale is extremely low at my campus. Employees are resigning left and right and not being replaced; that is not normal. I had 3 people in my department and now I'm taking on all their tasks without having any compensation in pay. Trying to get an increase in pay is pulling teeth. They want students to pay more money but they aren't willing to give it back to the instructors and deserving staff. All the classic signs are there of a company going under.

In the conversations I've had regarding pay, there's been quite a few times where my age was brought into discussion (by my program director). Things like being told that I'm "making more money than I have in my whole career" as a reason why I don't deserve a pay increase.. This company doesn't have ethics.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Employees are taken advantage of
Awsome WorkStudy job
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2017
I was a workstudy student and I enjoyed the time given to work on school work or other school tasks and the skills I gained for the work place. I perform general Reception duties, I just generally help where ever I'm needed.
brightwood college
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXAugust 24, 2017
brightwood college is fast paced but yet very fun. although I got to night school and I don't like staying till 10:30 I enjoy going to school everyday to learn new information.
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 24, 2017
Positive, fun place to work. The focus truly is on the success of our students. Team mentality. Good work life balance. Management is supportive but does not micromanage.
Pros
Work life balance/meaningful work
Always learning new things at this job
Clinical Coordinator, X-Ray Technician Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAAugust 15, 2017
Brightwood is a good place to work at long term. The company is flexible and provides very good benefits. It is fun working with my co-workers. I enjoy teaching and sharing all of the experience I have gained throughout 23 years in the field of radiography. That is the reason I have worked here so long.

I honestly do not find anything hard about this job anymore. It can be very challenging at times but, with experience, the job is something i have mastered and i am now ready for new challenges.
Pros
flexible with schedules
Cons
Job security
Stressful career awaits you
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2017
This is a stressful environment. It is very overwhelming. There are too many hands on deck for everything and it lacks organization. They are focused on money and numbers and less on quality and staff.
Pros
Salary and Students
Cons
Everything else
Productive and Great place to learn skills
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJuly 31, 2017
I learned everything I feel i needed to know to work in the medical field, I had a great instructor. I loved working hands on and practicing blood draws, Venipunctures and vitals.
Pros
Great Instructor
Cons
Short Breaks
Work was easy. Students was respectful, great and wonderful to serve! But some of the staff members was not in sync with one another.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at the college especially serving its student population. However, some staff did not properly correspond as effective as they could have.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
Horrible benefits
Good school
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJune 13, 2017
I have nothing negative to say about Brightwood College. The campus in Friendswood Texas is wonderful. All the instructors that teach are great, they are easy to talk too and they try their best to make sure all the students are successful.
phelbotomy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 7, 2017
great school to work in and great teachers,got my phlebotomy certification there and learned the proper way to collect blood samples from patients and what test to run.
Not employee friendly
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
Company does not care about it's employees. I could go on and and on but I won't. It's not going to change anything. I just won't waste anymore of my time.
Career Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 19, 2017
I enjoyed helping people and motivation for the students to believe in themselves. The ability to assist people find jobs and knowing that they will be helping themselves and begin their career in their field of study.
Good pay
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2017
Leaves time for you to have a actual full time job. The management is very poor. New management every six months or so. Enrollment isnt high. That can be a good and bad thing. Good for the classes bad for business. When things are bad for business people get laid off.
Full-time student at Brightwood College
Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 26, 2017
Formerly Kaplan. Provided classroom and on-online instruction for completion of medical billing and coding certification. Medical billing and coding instruction was very interesting and helped enhance my healthcare administrative background.
Pros
Enhanced Education in Healthcare
Cons
Cost!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightwood College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9