Briljent

Briljent Employer Reviews

Productive company and a fun team to work with
Training Consultant Contractor (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: ice cream socials are great
4 star company. Great company to work for. They really care about the employees employed by them. The management communicates with you weekly. This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Fantastic and very enjoyable place to work.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2013
I thoroughly loved working at Briljent. I would have never left this company had we not lost a very large federal contract which resulted in mass lay offs. Leadership and co-workers were like family.
Amazing company with strong core values
Task Coordinator- (TQC) (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2013
Pros: my co-workers and constant fun.
Cons: the contract ended.
Briljent is the best company I have ever worked for. I would not have left, however the company's contract with CMS ended therefore laying off the majority of the workforce. While at Briljent, I became knowledgeable in the expectations of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) training. I was responsible for transcribing minutes for the training – more... team and sending weekly correspondence between TQC, the Beneficiary Contact Center (BCC), and CMS regarding meeting information.
My co-workers and management were extremely supportive and helped me along the way. I came into Briljent with zero knowledge regarding Medicare & Medicaid, but with continued support and training I was able to understand my role with the company better.
The hardest part of the job in the beginning was understanding the many acronyms and jargon used by the company. But once I had a grasp on the concepts, I was able to overcome this.
Briljent is the first company that I have worked for where the employees come first. The company has a strong list of core values and sticks by them. It wasn't a job as much as it was a family. – less
Nightmare workplace - they do not value personal/home life: lots of evening, weekend and on-call work
ID (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: good pay.
Cons: no personal life, no structure, high-stressed: a lot of pressure.
No day is typical. It is a very high-stress environment; ineffective, inept management (three managers appointed in a 16 month period). You can have emergency work at any time. You may end up working late because an "emergency" has arisen and any previous plans must be cancelled.
I brought more to them than I learned.
Management did not understand instituting – more... processes and standards and were inexperienced.
Co-workers were frustrated and disappointed.
Going to work there; not knowing what to expect.
Leaving it. – less
Briljent
Technology Specialist / Project Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: the owner is very in touch with all employees
Cons: the contract is coming to an end
Working at Briljent has given me the opportunity to multi-task and work in several different areas, which has expanded my Technical and Project Management Skills. I have also been able to utilize my skills from past jobs as well as my MBA and BS degrees.

Our work environment if very family oriented.

Everyone is very good at sharing their skills with – more... others to help with cross training and advancement.

The hardest part of the job is knowing when to go home.

I enjoy working with my co-workers, supervisor, and sub-contractors.
. – less