Briljent Employee Reviews

Good place to work!
Eligibility Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2017
Briljent is an expanding company that employs many off-site employees, as well as on-site. The company is very good to their employees, offering a generous amount of PTO as well as decent benefit options.
Wonderful Office Environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2017
I love helping others. I loved my small team. Solving problems with them made my daily office environment easy going and enjoyable. I would recommend this employer to anyone.
Casual work environment
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2017
Days are shaped by client project
Learned that working on projects is ever changing
Sometimes management lines are blurred because of client needs/demands
Hardest part is the uncertainty of projects
Met some nice people
Pros
Casual environment
Cons
Not embracing the work from home culture of client
Gained experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2017
Call center atmosphere, not a very relaxed atmosphere at all, had a lot of different changes and could be unorganized at times, did gain some experience.
Pros
gained experience and knowledge
Cons
management
Good Work/Life Balance
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2017
Although this was a very nice group of people to work with, communication between managers and employees could have been much better i.e. there were no regular performance or salary related reviews.
Fun Work Place Laid Back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 20, 2016
I really enjoyed the job but the management sucked the training needs a whole lot of improvement and work and they also need to change their metrics which I feel is way to high to meet considering you have to be confined to your seat all day taking calls the hardest part of the job was being half trained and had to figured out what to do the best way you could I did learn a lot about Medicaid benefits my coworkers were somewhat helpful but some not so helpful
Pros
was able to have your cell phones out and browse the internet no micro managing
Cons
no places in the area to have lunch food was nasty and bland, short breaks, only 2 people could take off in a day, could not talk much to coworkers, the pay is way to low for the amount of work you have to perform
Hostile Company culture
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2016
Management is not supportive and encourages a culture of back stabbing and fighting. I did learn to use the project management tool At Task and I did learn about Medicare and Medicaid.
Pros
Cons
management, company culture
Excellent Company
Customer Service Representative at HP (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2016
Very great company to work for with great benefits. That have very good opportunities if you have time to wait on a better pay. They have very good accounts that you may want to work for
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Consulting firm
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 11, 2014
Small company offering short-term assignments. Benefits are ok
Short-term assignment
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 1, 2014
Not able to effectively evaluate as it was a vey short-term assignment
1 800 Medicare
Medicare Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2014
I updated training materials for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) using processes based on the ADDIE model of instructional design. I lead project scope meetings involving multiple associates to ensure seamless learning deliverables. I managed project scope by ensuring any changes to scope were documented and approved. I gained experience with designing Section 508-compliant learning courses and built my Medicare knowledge and expertise to design and develop high quality training content.

I would have to say hardest part of the job was the abbreviated new hire training I received. But my Call Center background provided me a frame of reference on how to approach the situation. The line of business I was assigned to was the call center (1-800 Medicare) which meant I had to also learn how to navigate the systems used by the Customer Care Associates as they addressed incoming calls. Instructions on where to go in the systems had to be included along with updates. I had to understand their interactions.

Overall the job itself was enjoyable because of learning about government legislation that affected Medicare and Social Security.
Pros
Everything revolved around timelines and processes.
Cons
Adjusting to the downtime while waiting on work to be reviewed and returned.
Productive company and a fun team to work with
Training Consultant Contractor (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 14, 2014
4 star company. Great company to work for. They really care about the employees employed by them. The management communicates with you weekly. This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Pros
Ice cream socials are great
Cons
Fantastic and very enjoyable place to work.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2013
I thoroughly loved working at Briljent. I would have never left this company had we not lost a very large federal contract which resulted in mass lay offs. Leadership and co-workers were like family.
Amazing company with strong core values
Task Coordinator- (TQC) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2013
Briljent is the best company I have ever worked for. I would not have left, however the company's contract with CMS ended therefore laying off the majority of the workforce. While at Briljent, I became knowledgeable in the expectations of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) training. I was responsible for transcribing minutes for the training team and sending weekly correspondence between TQC, the Beneficiary Contact Center (BCC), and CMS regarding meeting information.
My co-workers and management were extremely supportive and helped me along the way. I came into Briljent with zero knowledge regarding Medicare & Medicaid, but with continued support and training I was able to understand my role with the company better.
The hardest part of the job in the beginning was understanding the many acronyms and jargon used by the company. But once I had a grasp on the concepts, I was able to overcome this.
Briljent is the first company that I have worked for where the employees come first. The company has a strong list of core values and sticks by them. It wasn't a job as much as it was a family.
Pros
My co-workers and constant fun.
Cons
The contract ended.
Nightmare workplace - they do not value personal/home life: lots of evening, weekend and on-call work
ID (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2013
No day is typical. It is a very high-stress environment; ineffective, inept management (three managers appointed in a 16 month period). You can have emergency work at any time. You may end up working late because an "emergency" has arisen and any previous plans must be cancelled.
I brought more to them than I learned.
Management did not understand instituting processes and standards and were inexperienced.
Co-workers were frustrated and disappointed.
Going to work there; not knowing what to expect.
Leaving it.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
no personal life, no structure, high-stressed: a lot of pressure.
Briljent
Technology Specialist / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2013
Working at Briljent has given me the opportunity to multi-task and work in several different areas, which has expanded my Technical and Project Management Skills. I have also been able to utilize my skills from past jobs as well as my MBA and BS degrees.

Our work environment if very family oriented.

Everyone is very good at sharing their skills with others to help with cross training and advancement.

The hardest part of the job is knowing when to go home.

I enjoy working with my co-workers, supervisor, and sub-contractors.
Pros
the owner is very in touch with all employees
Cons
the contract is coming to an end