BRILLION IRON WORKS Employee Reviews

Productive and professional work environment.
Estimator/Sales (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIOctober 3, 2016
Great benefits with knowledgeable coworkers. Management would listen to issues and help resolve them. Had to do the job of multiple positions due to company cutbacks in recent years.
Very fast pasted but a preetu good place to work.
Electrical apprentice (Current Employee) –  Brillion, WIOctober 1, 2016
This was a good company to work for. It was a dirty place but it is a foundry. Over all the pay was pretty good and it had good benefits. Wished they would not have closed the doors.
Pros
Pay. Good benefits.
Cons
Very hot and dirty.
Quality work, quality co-workers, great benefits
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIJuly 17, 2016
Quality work, quality co-workers, great benefits. Too many lay-offs to support my family.

I learned that management needs to have more knowledge of how production works to effectively run the company.
Scheduled daily work for the grinding department and Shipping department
Scheduler/Manager/Customer Service/OTD (Current Employee) –  Brillion, WISeptember 28, 2016
On a typical day, I handed out jobs to about 35 people based on customer orders.
I lined up trucks to pick up customer orders.
I schedule 2 Finishing departments on what to process based on customer orders.
I talked to customers daily by phone or email to talk about any issues with their orders.
I corrected any Inventory errors
I conducted daily meetings with the Finishing Supervisor, Shipping assistant and the Customer Service group and went through the next week's orders for each customer.
Pros
The people were good workers and understood what needed to be done each day.
Cons
Rates were based on an incentive system
good people
Foundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIDecember 12, 2016
Great people to work with. Very physically demanding work with long work weeks. Management only cared about padding their pockets and didn't care about the employees
Closed doors on all employees
Fork lift (Former Employee) –  BrillionDecember 21, 2016
Worked at this location 49 years so I enjoyed all of the people. But the place was bought and closed down. It is very hot in the summer.
Pros
People
Cons
Heat and dirt
Productive place to work
Core Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WISeptember 13, 2016
Brillion Iron Works is closing their doors, do to the lack of sales and the economy. I am a hard and dependable worker. Always on time and good attendance.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
dirty enviroment
Hot and dirty work environment
general labor (Current Employee) –  Brillion, WINovember 18, 2015
This employer pays well and has wonderful benefits. But at what cost? You are breathing in horrible air and your saliva and mucus will be black! Multiple people every year both currently working and retired, all die of some sort of cancer...workers beware!
Pros
Wonderful pay, and benefits
Cons
poorly managed, lay offs, hot and dirty working conditions
talk to production workers if they had problems with machine
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIOctober 14, 2016
did maintain machine when they broke down. grease and oiled when machines where on down shift. did safty checks on hoists jibs and anything that moved repeatity.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very dirty work
everyone worked good as a team
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIMay 10, 2016
i enjoyed working there, but the job security was not there, only worked 6-7 months at a time then you got layed off. The people
were good to work with because there was always someone there
if someone needed help.
Pros
good pay for a hard days work
Cons
not steady
good people
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIOctober 12, 2016
Too many good people lost jobs because of plant closure. Everyone worked hard in a warm and dirty environment. Best of luck too all.
Don't bother
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WISeptember 13, 2016
They lied in the interview, the place is a dump, a lot of the people are lazy and incompetent, and they are in shambles financially. I wish I would have known before almost uprooting my family.
Pros
Cons
everything
Very Professional
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIJune 22, 2016
I was a Regional Sales Manager and in charge of 25 million of sales. I called on and worked with Engineers from large companies and helped design their casting needs.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
about 35000 miles a year to cover the territory.
Hard work but well paying job
Sale Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIMay 17, 2013
Certified and operated all equipment on melt deck including but not limited to crane, forklift, royal, and monorail; Responsible for quality on the line; Taking temperatures on holders and furnaces; Dropping charges in the furnaces; Knowledge base on all types of iron and what compounds are needed to make a specific type of metal; Casting and recasting molds; Restocking alloy and supplies to multiple locations; Driving a forklift to move multiple pallets of supplies daily; Cleaning up work areas; Transferred iron from the holders to the lines for use; Tracked everything on multiple charts.
The Machining Center was a nice place to work.
Assembler Laid off (Current Employee) –  Brillion, WIAugust 11, 2013
I am laid off due to the machining center closing. A typical day at work was fast paced but enjoyable. Most of the employees were easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was that it was extremely fast paced at times.
Pros
good money due to a lot of overtime.
Cons
room for advancement was very limited.
Good pay but if you want something stable find something else.
General Utility Relief (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WISeptember 24, 2013
I was looking for a better paying job and liked the fact that the hourly rate I made would increase at the rate of my output. I knew they had a history of lay-offs and asked at my interview if there was any chance in the near future because I was at a stable job and wouldn't be able to cover my bills if I were to get laid off and be forced to collect unemployment. They told me there were no signs or talks of any lay offs in the coming months. I accepted and started the following week. Two weeks later we were given notice that in two weeks 198 employees would be laid off due to work shortage. I'm not a business major but I doubt a lay off that big due to work shortages would just pop up like that without any warnings or talks. I worked with a guy who was hired two days before this lay off speech, he relocated from out of state. I would never work here again nor would I suggest anyone else work there. I met some good people in my short time there and the pay was really good but my life has spiraled out of control with my bills and other needed living expenses since being laid off and am still in contact with some of my co-workers who are dealing with the same and still looking for employment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
everything else
good place to work
Repairman (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIApril 21, 2014
was a good place to work until it was purchased by accuride, turned into just another bank account for the fatcats
Pros
great hardworking workers
Cons
poorly managed by owners
Brillion Iron Works
Assistant to the Foreman (Current Employee) –  Brillion, WIAugust 27, 2013
Brillion is a very physical job that is not for most people. Pays very well but they like to lay off during the winter.
Hard Work
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WISeptember 24, 2012
Worked in a 5 building factory. Only tech on staff. Was available 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BRILLION IRON WORKS. Our community is ready to answer.

1.8