Brimar Industries Employee Reviews

Structured & Pleasant
Customer Service / Sales (Current Employee) –  Garfield, NJMarch 3, 2016
I've been with Brimar for nearly 8 years. When I discovered these reviews I was shocked. Brimar is at the very least above average. Certainly better than my last 3 jobs combined. Sour grapes is what I think of most of these reviews. Maybe 10% is accurate. Management is tough but fair. If you like to miss work or come in late look somewhere else. It is absolutely not tolerated.

I have been in customer service / sales for most of my time and the position can be challenging. There is a lot to learn and every day presents new questions. The trainer and supervisor are very busy which doesn't help. The department has been short handed for over a year but there seems to be a concerted effort by the boss to fix it.

The company has free pizza once a month for the entire company.
The boss a employee relations meeting once a month with people from every department but no managers.
Every manager has been promoted from within.
The company has more than double in size since I've been here.
Parking problem was for the most part solved.
Pros
Opportunity, Job Security, Friendly People
Cons
They need to get better at hiring and soon
Worst Management Ever
art department project manager (Former Employee) –  garfield, NJSeptember 30, 2015
I worked in the art department and even though my co-workers were awesome, management was terrible. The department managers were not only lazy, but also terribly rude. If I had an issue or problem with a project, I'd hear 'are you ret*rded or do you just not know how to learn'...nice. The owner walks around the building all day smoking cigars and gloating about how rich he is.

Most unprofessional environment ever. Not to mention all the labor laws that they continuously don't adhere to.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
everything else
Legacy coding / Poor management
PHP / MYSQL Backend Programmer (Current Employee) –  Garfield, NJMarch 30, 2015
There is a lot of legacy coding, overall the company is alright, I love the concept of having Pizza every last Wednesday of the Month. If you are something looking to continue learning the art of programming in general, than Brimar is not the place for you..

Collaboration as a team sucks big times,

but I do agree on a concept that I have heard for ages,

"There is always something you don't know."

The company would be a great place to work if it wasn't so boring.

FYI: The people there are great.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management, Technology
Great people - poor management and overworked
Manager (Former Employee) –  Garfield NJNovember 23, 2013
There were some untruths told in the interview process. Certain things were promise, and when a paper contract was requested it was denied and I was pressured into giving it up.

Worked at the company for some time, hired at a low-level position. Salary was not competitive for the industry and it was not acceptable to ask for raises at any point.

The coworkers were awesome. It made coming in an hour early and leaving an hour late ("required" by management) worth it.

Eventually, the company (once I resigned) decided to dock pay for time that was worked. As an exempt employee, this is of course illegal - I didn't get paid for the hundreds of extra hours throughout my time here.
Pros
The people
Cons
the hours worked, the benefits, management
Life @ Brimar
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJDecember 30, 2012
Built a very strong relationship with the independant reps thru out the U.S. Training, seminars and field calls made with each of the 49 agencies was my priority and assigment when signing the contract. Attending trade show functions and following up for new business was at the top of the list. Hardest part of the job was travel @ 90% of the time for over 3 years. The most enjoyable was to see the end results with my reps. The business had doubled prior to taking over the territory. Also getting to see our great country the U.S.A., and meeting the people that were in the industry I was serving.
Fabulous environment to be in for the short four years on board. My contract ended and the rewards for the company were the increased volume of business promised.
Pros
travaled and worked thru out the u.s.a with a great group of professionals
Cons
traval was extensive with a 60 hour work week to include some saturdays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brimar Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8