Brink's, Inc.

Brink's, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great potential but way too demanding.
Route Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Portland, ORJuly 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: demanding work schedule
I started as a part-time currency processor. Within 2 years, I was able to advance through company, learning every position available as well as management placement. I now sit as second in command at the local branch. The job is very challenging and ever evolving, something I find to be very satisfying. However the demand from Corporate to be lean and effective does not allow for a quality work/life balance.
Satisfaction
Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2015
working with computers, mail room duties, operations for merchandise, handling client and customers needs in sending packages on time.
Would not recommend..
Cash Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 20, 2015
Pros: Overtime, good pay, a lot to learn
Cons: no breaks (except lunch), terrible bosses, no upward mobility
I worked at the portland branch for 5 years, and I learned a lot. I worked consistent overtime and had almost no time for a personal life. The supervisors and branch manager were all constantly miserable, screaming and throwing things. Treating the employees like workhorses. I worked extremely hard and received only two promotions and for 3 of those years I didn't get a raise. The company does not put their employees first, as they are struggling to stay afloat. There is no such thing as customer service and as there is no HR department in the branch, everyone runs a muck and does whatever they want without consequence.
Funny enough, I loved my job.. The bosses and company just sucked.
Very Productive working place
Vault Processor (Current Employee), Salem, VAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Short breaks
Vault Processor that job entitles a lot of answering phones and dealing with alot of managment issues.

Making sure that all trucks assigned to their correct routes and that all banks or local business received all orders.

Checking in all drivers and messengers after every route.
Assuring that all money bags received were sent to their correct bank account

Co-workers are very helpful and productive.

The hardest part of my job would be making sure runs are assigned to their correct routes and have all the money bags prepared to be sent out.

Most enjoyable part would be dealing with the customers adn making sure that they are being serviced to the best of my ability as well as working along side my co workers.
Brinks will probably go under within the year and the big bosses will get their bonus.
Armored Car Security Officer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2015
Pros: Lots of work and history of past reputation. Co workers and the customers are great.
Cons: Management is not effective, the company makes money but goes to stockholders not the company assets, I work an average 14 hours per day and don't see my family or get enough rest for the next day.
Work long hours with low pay, approx. 60- 70 hours per week. They did away with overtime pay and only will pay you 5 hours of OT per week. Medical is high, vacation time is no more than 1 week at a time. Losing a lot of business because of employee turn up rate is low. Loss of profit sharing. Does not care about employees concerns. Unsafe trucks, they will not spend money on fixing them, just on simple repairs to get them back on the road.
ok place to work
Messenger (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 19, 2015
It just wasn't for me I didn't like how paranoid I felt at times felt like my life was always on the line. Everyone watches you the whole time you off the truck and watch you get back on to the truck.
Great Benefits
Implementation (Former Employee), Coppell TXJune 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Poor Middle Management
Not sure about the middle management. Not very qualified, but placed in those positions for longevity with the company. Be careful about who you share your innovative ideas with, they may be stolen.
Friendly Environment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Medley, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: unstable managers
I handled over 3 different countries payments. I applied payments and solved any balance problems. Handled collections as well.
Awesome company.
Permit Coordinator/Assistant Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Elk Grove, ILJune 16, 2015
Before the spin off it was a great division of Brinks Inc. Treat employees well, even though a very large company you are still considered someone, and not just a number.
poor management
Cash logistics Teller (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: a lot of overtime available
Cons: you will work long hours and ger late lunches
management was not very understanding of work/life balance issues. It was a very stressful work place from the start and they did not give proper time to learn the job with very little training before threatening a write up about production.
Not a good place
Coin Supervisor (Current Employee), South Bend, INJune 11, 2015
Magement sucks. They are never around to help out when needed. They put a lot of extras on everyone else and there is no compensation or even a thank you
not the best place to be at
Armored Service Technician (Former Employee), trentonJune 9, 2015
work long hours every day. Your never doing the same thing one day your use to do something then next is a change. don't get paid enough to risk your life.
Slow
Operations Manager (Former Employee), ohioJune 8, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: every thing
Growth slow pay low company is going down fast in last 10 years all they care about is P&L. they offer nothing to there hard working people they only take.
review
Volt and Teller Operator (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJune 8, 2015
horrible place to work the managemnet was no good what so ever. He said he would work with schedules as I was a full time student and in the end fired me because while working 55 hours at his job and going to school both 5 days a week he decided that I was not flexible enough. In all honesty there was no consideration for any worker there.
short hours worked
ARMED VAULT CLERK / PRECIOUS METALS (Current Employee), Springfield Gardens, NYJune 3, 2015
the good part of working at ups was that there was room for advancement. the hours werent that great and the pay wasnt that great but the benefits were and the union was good.
Cash Logistics Processor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 1, 2015
Working for the company was okay. The management though, they do not care about you at all and not about what you have going on in your life to provide for your family. Working for BRINKS they wanted you to just be about them and nothing or nobody else. They did not care about if you had to pick your kid up from daycare or anything. I would not work for them again ever. They wanted you to choose them over your family. NOT a way to run business. Wanted you to work long hours but would not try and get the work done faster throughout the day. Things just were not ran right.
Driver/Guard (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: your lunch is behind the wheel
Cons: no actual breaks
Is hard to work for Brinks specially if you're a female but you get to know a lot of places and people of different cultures
need structure
Cash Logistic Processor (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 23, 2015
A good place to work. I respect each and every employee. We talk and laugh while we work but we get the job done. The company needs structure
good work atmosphere
Teller (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: rewarded for good work
Cons: no clock out schedule
As you walk in you know your tasks, don't have to wait to get instructions. Management needs to work on communicating with each other and with the employees. Co-workers are very helpful and communicate clearly. Feels like you have no time for yourself or family. Not highly recommended for families with kids. Late shifts; shifts could be from 9- 14 hours a day or more.
dont waste your time
CDL Driver (Former Employee), Phila PAMay 8, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no overtime, expensive benefits
no raises, not worth it at all, too many cuts over the years, nothing to look forward to, only 5 hours overtime but they still want to work you 60 hours cause their always short staffed...go figure!

1 2 3 4 5

About Brink's, Inc.

The Brink’s Company, conducts business in the security industry, principally through its wholly owned subsidiary Brink’s, – Read more

Brink's, Inc. Salaries