Brink's, Inc.

Brink's, Inc. Employer Reviews

High stress fast pace corporate environment
Finance & Accounting Specialist II (Former Employee), Coppell, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: eroding benefits
Multilevel corporate environment dealing with multiple entities and countries. Strong teams that teams to be separate into functional areas. Pay was always competitive but struggles have prevented regular pay increases. Month-end and year end close tends to be chaotic.
Family oriented company with room to grow
COIN VAULT CLERK/ATL/LIFE COACH (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working with this company, there was always something new to learn and room for advancement.
Overall, good company.
Driver/Guard (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: lots of fresh air and beautiful scenery.
Cons: long hours.
Really enjoy the job despite some of the failings. Like meeting people and not being stuck behind a desk all day.
No Future at BRINKS, Inc.
Armored Guard, Messenger & Driver (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: occasional free lunches from customers and co-worker camaradrie
Cons: long hours, benefits gutted, next to nothing 401k, high expections and low rewards, overtime 5 hour cap, no double time, dangerous job
A typical day at BRINKS, Inc. consists of long hours with little to gain from them. I have learned that they do not value their employees despite the importance and danger on the job. Management is uncaring towards employees, and they maintain their own profit above employee benefits. My co-workers are one of the few good things on the job, but unfortunately we're all stuck on what seems to be a sinking ship. The hardest part of the job is maintaining your security, awareness and consistent responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the long hours shift is over.
Brinks is a steady place to work
Vault Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: steady job hours
Cons: poor implementation
Decent pay with some possibilities for advancement. Management has a competent background in the armored business and look for ways to improve it.
show up on time show hard work
Coin Room clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: 40 hours a week
Cons: management
operating forklift on a daily biases counting, sorting, stacking 50 pound bags of coin, inputting information for coin inventory. i have learned how to input,track,and keep up with large sums of currency.management is OK but could be better. love my co-workers because we all work as one to finish the job on time. The hardest part of my job is making sure everything is checked and balanced. when everything is checked and balanced.
Great staff and fun atmosphere
Messenger (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 16, 2015
I loved working for Brinks, great training, knowledgeable staff, everything.
Transit Security Officer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: fair management
Cons: good company to work for.
I worked there for a few years and the compensation was pretty competitive. The management was pretty fair and I enjoyed meeting many different people in the banking industries and other major companies in the tri-state area. I would recommend this job.
Ignorance-laden work environment with incompetent management
Cash Logistics Processor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2015
Brink's is a horrible place to work. In the two years I have worked there, we the lowly employees have been given a single raise of $0.13 cents. That means that the newest new-hire off the street will make as much at me. To a full-time employee who's been loyal to the company for two years, has excelled at everything he does there, this is just insulting. ...And now, corporate is regretting giving us that measly insignificant excuse for a raise. With each passing quarter, we employees get something else taken away from us by management or corporate. My department makes the company a profits, while the other department seems to simply bleed money, resulting in my department's management cutting everything back like hours and other little shows of employee appreciation here and there. Don't work here. You won't get a raise. You won't be appreciated. The most you'll get is a thank you if you stay hours after your shift ends to help the next shift. You'll have to listen to the annoyance of peers with little education bicker back and forth and fight all day, sometimes to the point of cussing each other out. You'll constantly have to wonder why most people around you have the "that's not my job, I can't be bothered with that" attitude, while you seem to be the only one trying to be a team player. In five years, Brink's will be even worse off, financially. Save yourself the hassle and seek employment elsewhere.
Armored Car Driver (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Cons: at the mercy of the messenger
observer the messenger as they enter and exited the different customer location. Also kept track of how long the messenger spent at each location. Also kept track of mileage traveled each day.
Decent
Cohn operator (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2015
i enjoyed working at these places , it was a great learning experience
Great Start-Up for Banking
Cash Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2015
Great career for college students. Great first career start in banking and opportunity for growth.
Fun Workplace, great team!
Service Technician (Former Employee), Portland OregonDecember 31, 2014
Pros: good pay scale, company vehicle, equpment. medical and invenstment benifits
Cons: company was sold to adt....
Great team to work with, lots of good experiences. Average day included 8 to 10 hours of service on alarm systems in Portland Metro area. Regular training, good support staff, good management team. Company picnic was good fun, fellow co-workers were enjoyable.
didnt like the work place
ATM Coordinator (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALDecember 30, 2014
no room for advancement, people okay but messy. Management didnt know what they were doing.
November 4,2009-May 6, 2011, Brinks, Inc., Armored Car Messenger-Memphis, TN
Armored Car Messenger (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 26, 2014
• Responsible for safeguarding, transporting, and delivering of over $4,000,000 in US currency and customer assets
• Delivery of up to 90 customer locations throughout the Mid South area daily
• Working in an armed environment
• Responsible for maintaining assigned routes and on-time pickup and delivery
sucks
messanger (Current Employee), allas txDecember 24, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: everything else
This job is only good because all the hrs u wrk there for ur checks are good but dont have time to spend the money managers dont care what time u get back or how many stops u have left they dont care if there is a holiday u go do ur route and F ur family because they get to go home this job sucks
It turns people grumpy and body is always hurting
Aghhh!
Driver/Guard (Former Employee), Lancaster, PADecember 21, 2014
Not good enough pay for the risk. Too many bosses and none do their job.
Productive and long days
Messenger (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 20, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: healthcare, short breaks
Our day start at six in the morning and doesn't end till six at night. I work between 12 to 15 hours a day. I learn everyday how to deal with different situations with my customers. Management is strict but fair. My co-workers play a big part in our success, so we work well together. The hardest part of my job is being assign to new routes. The most enjoyable part is being assign to new routes.
Sell products and services.
Sales Manager / Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Fort LauderdaleDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great compensation
Cons: i was bought out by adt.
Generally have a week of prospecting and appointments set up. Visit and sell alarm systems with a 3 year monitoring contract.
Hard work Low pay
driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: heath-care, low pay
Delivering, picking up and reconciling valuables at customer’s location
Checking in liability from truck, conducting data entry for holdover items

1 2 3 4 5

About Brink's, Inc.

The Brink’s Company, conducts business in the security industry, principally through its wholly owned subsidiary Brink’s, – Read more

Brink's, Inc. Photos