Brink's, Inc.

Brink's, Inc. Employee Reviews

Decent
Cohn operator (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2015
i enjoyed working at these places , it was a great learning experience
Great Start-Up for Banking
Cash Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2015
Great career for college students. Great first career start in banking and opportunity for growth.
Fun Workplace, great team!
Service Technician (Former Employee), Portland OregonDecember 31, 2014
Pros: good pay scale, company vehicle, equpment. medical and invenstment benifits
Cons: company was sold to adt....
Great team to work with, lots of good experiences. Average day included 8 to 10 hours of service on alarm systems in Portland Metro area. Regular training, good support staff, good management team. Company picnic was good fun, fellow co-workers were enjoyable.
didnt like the work place
ATM Coordinator (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALDecember 30, 2014
no room for advancement, people okay but messy. Management didnt know what they were doing.
November 4,2009-May 6, 2011, Brinks, Inc., Armored Car Messenger-Memphis, TN
Armored Car Messenger (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 26, 2014
• Responsible for safeguarding, transporting, and delivering of over $4,000,000 in US currency and customer assets
• Delivery of up to 90 customer locations throughout the Mid South area daily
• Working in an armed environment
• Responsible for maintaining assigned routes and on-time pickup and delivery
sucks
messanger (Current Employee), allas txDecember 24, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: everything else
This job is only good because all the hrs u wrk there for ur checks are good but dont have time to spend the money managers dont care what time u get back or how many stops u have left they dont care if there is a holiday u go do ur route and F ur family because they get to go home this job sucks
It turns people grumpy and body is always hurting
Aghhh!
Driver/Guard (Former Employee), Lancaster, PADecember 21, 2014
Not good enough pay for the risk. Too many bosses and none do their job.
Productive and long days
Messenger (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 20, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: healthcare, short breaks
Our day start at six in the morning and doesn't end till six at night. I work between 12 to 15 hours a day. I learn everyday how to deal with different situations with my customers. Management is strict but fair. My co-workers play a big part in our success, so we work well together. The hardest part of my job is being assign to new routes. The most enjoyable part is being assign to new routes.
Sell products and services.
Sales Manager / Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Fort LauderdaleDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great compensation
Cons: i was bought out by adt.
Generally have a week of prospecting and appointments set up. Visit and sell alarm systems with a 3 year monitoring contract.
Hard work Low pay
driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: heath-care, low pay
Delivering, picking up and reconciling valuables at customer’s location
Checking in liability from truck, conducting data entry for holdover items
Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTDecember 4, 2014
Pros: great experience and being depended on.
Cons: working 6 days most weeks.
days were not too typical here anything could happen a machine breaks down or get odd orders but overall I think me and my co workers handled everyday the best we could. Management was iffy in this business I had trained 3 different managers before my departure form the company. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was all the fun times I had with the friends I received from this job.
Exciting for the Meticulous and Aware
Messenger (Current Employee), Irondale, ALDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great pay, nice hours
Cons: dangerous, grave responsibility, and very short breaks
Shifts for Messengers usually start around 0600, ends whenever you're done with the route you're assigned. I learned how to work on ATM machines, use safes, firearms, count money at an accelerated rate, and increase my peripheral vision analysis. Management is always calm and collected, usually, and were usually quick to solve issues with work-related and of personal matters. Fellow co-workers usually have some military, law enforcement, or security background. The hardest part of working for Brink's is the adjustment to the hours. You don't get lunch breaks like normal employees in a break room and sometimes can hit 50+ hours with ease per week. You have your meal on the go, in between stops. the most enjoyable part, to me, was a consistent change of scenery.
Good Job to start off.
Armored Driver/ Guard (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2014
Pros: learning all the streets of san antonio
Cons: work 60hrs a week with no overtime, trucks are all in bad condition, management couldn't organize schedule right
As a Driver you come in prep your truck that you will be driving all with your partner checking all fluids and any possible issues there might be that may cause your truck to brake down.
After checking in all your money that has to be dropped off to your customers you begin your route you are scheduled to work all over san antonio.
co-workers are great to work with
management was not as great as the military and they where always stepping over each other because no organization skills.
Company has been in business for over 150 years
Enterprise Account Director (Former Employee), Oceanside, CADecember 1, 2014
Brinks has a reputation for being one of the most well known armored car company's in the industry. Formed partnerships with national and international accounts. Solutions include armored car, money processing, smart safes, check imaging, ATM services, coin processing, cash management, and payroll card.
Very low pay and no advancement opportunities
Driver (Former Employee), South Bend, INNovember 26, 2014
No raises, took away overtime and overtime pay and no chance for career advancement. You would work anywhere between 10 hours to 17 hours a day. Management would never answer your phone calls for questions and the trucks were always breaking down.
Great hours
Messenger (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 25, 2014
you work 10-12 hours a day, at least. supervisors are available either in person or over the phone. the employees are friendly. working long hours and handling a large amount of money was the hardest part. i learn to keep everything organized and make sure that the paper work is legible
Professional with a great work environment.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 19, 2014
There was a great work environment.
I learned about the business operations.
My management were very helpful.
I had great team-mates.
When there was a company buyout.
Going to work.
Great company, wonderful work experience & knowledge but office closed.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2014
Served as point-of-contact for customers, internal installation teams, contractors and builders, scheduling installation of new residential security systems, tracking installation progress, following-up with customers, and re-scheduling installation teams if necessary.
 Interfaced with individual homeowners to gather initial security data for sales team, then coordinated with sales team; monitored contract execution process and forwarded documents to corporate offices in Texas. Oversaw all daily internal office functions and supervised a staff of 2; trained and mentored new office staff.
Fast Passed enviroment
Cash Logistics Lead (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 15, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunity
Cons: you will never know when you will be done for the day
No time for family because this job consumes most of your day.
Good benefits
Messenger (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers are great to be around.
Cons: little room for advancement
Each day is different and the job keeps you moving around. Always got to be aware of your surroundings.

About Brink's, Inc.

The Brink’s Company, conducts business in the security industry, principally through its wholly owned subsidiary Brink’s, – Read more

Brink's, Inc. Salaries