Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews

productive
Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2016
• Help process ATM from different financial institutes accurately and efficiently
• Auditing different financial institutes vaults and making sure it is balanced every night
• Keep work station neat
• Prepared currency and coin orders for teller from vault
• Supplied and verified currency and coin to branches and tellers
• Double-counted deposits with a machine as well as by hand to verify accuracy
• Prepared shipments and placed orders for currency and coin from Federal Reserve
no life balance. stressfull place
Driver (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 15, 2016
Work 13 hrs+ only to return to work 10 hours later.No advancement.Management never listens to you,either they will ignore you or say " we'll take care of it".A lot of over time but brinks will only pay you 5 hours worth of overtime,anything over 5 hours of ot will be considered straight time.Gun happy coworkers.If you enjoy not seeing your family especially your kids and working with nothing to show for it then brinks will be a perfect place for you to work.
Pros
Cons
bad management, long hours with little rest in between, will not get paid for OT once you past the 5 hour mark
Jobs a job
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MASeptember 28, 2016
Worked for Brinks for a while. Absolutely hated it. You go from early in the morning to complete which could put you doing a 14-16hr shift. That wouldn't be bad if you didn't have to explain every minute of that time. Everything is down to the second. The health insurance isn't bad if you want to pay half your paycheck on it along with co pays. One thing I hated was when you were still out doing your job late at night. Management was at home with their family not giving caring about you. 6am-3 they were there for you. After that...good luck champ. You got this.
Pros
LTC
Cons
Everything else.
Don't do it the worst place to work
Financial Logistics Processor (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 16, 2016
Don't work here they work u allday long they rush you give u other people work talk to you like cramp don't give u a raise make u stay late don't care about your family kids outside life if someone dies they don't car they just care about Brinks that's it I don't care how good u work it don't matter you still will feel like you on the bottom if u work here everybody just talk about you behind your back if u work her you crazy just kill yourself and u get 30 min lunches nobody listen to the rules here
Long hours.. Not enough pay
Teller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2016
This could be an amazing place to work if the management didn't chose sides. If they didnt like you they woukd make you processes the worst of the worst with no help. Management didn't care if you passed out and died as long as you got the work done. They don't train you but expect you to come in knowing everything. Horrible place to work if you have kids or a life for that matter.
Pros
Off on holidays
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, lack of training
Company in transition lacking standardized work processes
City Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2016
Brink's Inc. Is a Global Leader in Secure transportation and logistics. Also providing internal banking processes for commercailly contracted customers.
A lack of progressive Corporate business management has led to shareholder loss of confidence and high employee turnover.
New Board leadership is generating headwinds to move the Company forward.
Risky, tough & demanding work @ Brinks
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 5, 2016
Typically dealing with money/precious, metals alert security is highly required considering value. I've learned that one must adapt quickly, no two days are alike. Management can be challenging on all levels & Brinks was no exception. The staff @ Brinks is huge, being global as well as out sourcing, co workers are varied tremendously. One of the more difficult task @ Brinks for myself would be transit in bad weather. Transit in bad weather limits visibility which takes from alertness.One of the more fascinating details of employment would be my safety development. @ Brinks there's a daily reminder to be safe, whether it be through personal experience, experience of a coworker (past/present) & or through an event of competitors.
Pros
Plenty available hours for work
Cons
salary insufficient
Risky, but good work environment
Regional Director of Security, Latin America (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 23, 2016
Brinks had investments throughout Caribbean and Latin American countries. While in this position, I inspected and improved the security at various locations and arranged for quarterly training sessions in South Florida where security managers had the opportunity to exchange ideas and methods that ultimately improved risk in their respective countries. The process helped reduce the global security cost provided by the Willis Group Holdings plc, a multinational risk advisor and insurance brokerage, based in London. Unfortunately, government corruption in countries of operation was high.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
U.S. Director did not listen to local managers opinion on growing the business
No advancement
Teller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 14, 2016
Management was a joke, no advancement unless you want to be working at the same job for years, raises are only 12 cents a year and the health insurance benefits are a joke. Very expensive with no real benefits. Only allotted 3 sick days for a year. Also, there was no camaraderie at all. Everyone was at each others throats everyday. Horrible!! Do NOT APPLY
Pros
OVERTIME
Cons
short lunches, no raises, no benefits, no advancement
A disapointment
Messenger/Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 5, 2016
Poor communication between Mgmt and employees. Uncaring working environment, job main priority and family is a very distant second. Yet, Brinks proclaimed to be a family oriented company, that cares about their employees family. Not paying full hours work, meaning not paying time and a half, when one has worked 20-30 additional hours over 40! No rotating system to be off on weekends, so again family life isn't an concern... No schedule adjustments for those that, work late on their routes (coming in after 9 p.m. and not getting off until 10 p.m.) and need to come in later the next day, causing lack of rest and sleep!!! Unaffordable health insurance. Turnover rate is extremely high, for a company that's so well known and large... Not knowing the mgmt. situation currently but before, very poor mgmt staff.
Pros
Can make very good money!
Cons
no time for family or at times, rest/sleep!!!
Worst place ever
messenger (Current Employee) –  somewhere usaMay 15, 2016
Been with the company for over 4 years, over worked, under paid. Company is going to one man trucks, yes that's right one man, who does everything, even ATM's. Loading huge amounts of money into a machine with nobody watching your back. They care less about your safety. If you die oh well, we will just get someone else to do your job. They have taken everything away from the workers, and continue to find ways to stick it to you. No over time pay, no 401 match, horrible benefits, etc,etc,etc. Anyone looking to advance themselves in life should stay far away from this company, everyone I know who works at the branch I am at is looking to leave.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Meeting new people and building relationships
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMay 12, 2016
My job was to control inventory such as off road, OTR, fuel for trucks, oil stations and company vehicles. I also built relationships with many of the clients, customers for the different companies. This job was fun but, there was no room for advancement, and the pay was 9.00 hr. which made me work almost 80 hours a week, leaving no time with my wife.
Pros
Close to house
Cons
No money for employees. 9.00 was too much too pay for an employee who was not a real "manager"
Productive Place to Work with tight Job Security.
Cash Logistics Processor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 26, 2016
A typical day working for Brinks is between 9 and 12 hours depending on the job description. The work is not hard but no one has a specific end time. Its pretty much repeating the same process everyday
Pros
Overtime and 401k benefits
Cons
Short breaks, no specific end time
Not what I had expected
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 11, 2016
when I first started working for Brinks I thought I was going to love my job, on the contrary it's nothing like I expected. Only 5 hours of overtime is a joke. You will work way more than that here. Hard work will go unappreciated. If you try to get your route done early they will keep adding more and more to your workload. The trucks are falling apart and Brinks solution is to band-aid them up so they work but just barely. The only reason I've worked here so long is the fact I have awesome customers on my routes. Furthermore, never try to call in sick or have any family pass while you work here, they will try to guilt you to come to work anyways.
Pros
Occasional free meals, a few awesome customers, and co-workers
Cons
Work environment, poor management
Productive and Progressive Oppurtunities
Driver/Messenger/Life Coach (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, MASeptember 26, 2016
Brinks is a cash in transit company responsible for delivery or picking up valuables,I for one learned a lot from the company and enjoyed my time there,I became more intelligent and am more understanding of every day life and necessities
Pros
travel
Cons
wages
Fluid work enviroment in a negative way
Supervisor/Trainer/Firearms Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 27, 2016
Brinks is an incredible place to work at and has some of the best people I have worked with that are very dedicate and sincere in helping others blend in to their very flexible and ever changing work environment. The negative aspects are from a few bad management level workers that bend or flat out ignore rules and regulations and turn the work place into a difficult place to work in. There are several legal issues that are never explained correctly or at all. Pay is significantly lower than competitive companies, but provide better resources to compensate. As a company I believe in and support them and I'm glad to be a part of this giant corporation, yet the commute is horrific both ways with the conflict of continuous changing rules that seem to come and go when useful.
Pros
Drivers have lunch waivers
Cons
Drivers have a 5 hour overtime cap for every 40 hours worked.
good learning experience
armed guard (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 4, 2016
i learned to work efficiently and have gained knowledge over the years. my previous manager was my mentor and a lot of my co workers became my good friends thru the years. hardest part of the job is dealing sometimes with bad attitude customers. i learned to deal with it by just being polite
Pros
free turkey on thanksgiving
Cons
yearly bonus
High Turnover
Audit Executive (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 19, 2016
The job had excessive international travel over 90% and a very high turnover with rapidly changing environment and leadership. This resulted in a luck of knowledge transfer due to the high turnover.
Pros
A few good people trying to make a difference
Cons
High Turnover and too much travel
Transporting money and valuables to customer location
Courier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2016
The hours can be long. The harder you work, the more work they make you responsible for. If you master your route and are able to shave time off of the route, they will just add more stops to your route so that you get more done in the original time allotted. Compensation is terrible, considering they don't pay you for overtime after 45 hours. You earn 5 hours of overtime and then drop back down to "straight pay" for anything over the 45 hour mark. I made 800 dollars more in 2014 than 2013 but worked 500+ hours to earn that 800 dollars. Do the math.
Pros
There are some but i'm not sure what they are
Cons
Hours worked, compensation, terrible insurance, managers don't care, owners don't care, customers don't care
Good pay and benefits; Workplace can be filled with unnecessary drama.
Cash Logistics Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2016
Easy job. I've heard they've become more lenient there now allowing beards and headphones which wasn't allowed when I was there. I assume this makes working a better experience. Subject to unnecessary drama at job. Good pay and benefits and job security.

2.8