Brink's Incorporated

Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews

Find a better job, Brinks is the worst.
Driver Messenger/Turret Guard (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 5, 2016
If you have a social life and are married or in a relationship, kiss that goodbye. Your life belongs to Brinks. Working 60+ hours per week, sometimes more due to weather, trucks breaking down, etc. Brinks no longer buys new trucks so you are driving around trucks from 2009 and thats the newer trucks. They are converting to one man vans with no armor so less protection for the employees.
Pros
Co workers are pretty good
Cons
Low pay, 10 hours overtime max, benefits keep decreasing
Employees are not important to corporate
Employee (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 4, 2016
I have spent several years with this company and if they treated their employees better I could see myself staying, but alas that is not the case. In my time a Brinks, the corporate executives have cut most of the employee benefits, matched 401k, employee educational assistance, even overtime pay. It is nearly impossible to rise in the company unless you're willing to relocate every few years. Considering the risks the pay is lousy. The one saving grace is the city manager at the Akron Branch and the crews that work there. They are a good group of guys that know how to make the long hours of work fun.
Pros
Good people at the Branch level
Cons
No HR. Employees are expendable. Terrible pay. High Risk
Average
Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 31, 2016
I love working for my Manager. He is great to work for and he have ideals to streamline our work. I am on the phone all day and it is very busy. I take incoming calls 50 to 100 phone calls a day. I have learned how to set up new customers for service, learned about claims, and in the process learning about Money Processing, ATM, & CompuSafe. My co-workers are like family and we look out for each other. Hardest part is working holidays. The most enjoyable is making the customer happy - resolving issues.
Pros
work hours are flexible if I need to change my shift.
Cons
I work too far from home.
A very busy environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 27, 2016
This place is very fast pace, a lot of work, and it's quite time consuming. It's not a bad place to learn or put your banking skills to the test. The job requires a lot of patience and concentration. Speed also plays in a very important factor, but it slowly comes in time once you have hit 100% accuracy. I have learned a lot from this job, from taking responsibility, following security protocols, how to lead a large team into the right direction when trying to hit very short dead-lines, and many more. Supervising is not an easy task at this job, but it does have a lot of benefits and knowledge. Management is not an easy task, but it could use a few more good pointers. The work environment is not hostile, but it can be a bit rambunctious, especially seeing the same co-worker everyday and spending more time at work than at home. So much gossip is a drag, but it tends to happen no matter where you work.

The hardest part of the job is trying to help research information for a customer to help them solve their problem, but you don't have the time to get it done because you're too busy running around and helping your team get done with their work. They would rather work as individuals instead of a team. So, in order for anything to get done, you have to force a team together and keep encouraging and pushing the group to get done within a time limit.

What I enjoy the most about this job is from a supervisor stand point is the fact that I have gained so much experience in different criteria's, such as: having a lot of patience, gathering a plan on the whim with certain situations
  more... arise, free coffee, the pay is decent, meeting different competitors, and I am always learning something new almost every day.  less
Pros
Free coffee, profit sharing, decent pay, experience
Cons
short breaks, no team players, extremely late hours, unfairness, attitudes
co-workers are nice
AP Accountant (Former Employee) –  FLJanuary 25, 2016
it was a harmony place to work, I don't have nothing to complain I learn a lot with them, and I could practice my Spanish skill.
Not So Great
Messenger (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Started off great, but slowly started falling apart. Company is constastaley going through changes. Upper management dont care about the employess
No Opportunity
BALANCE PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 14, 2016
Promotion promises that are never received. Management doesn't seem to care about problems nor do they provide any assistance to solve problems. Most other co-workers are great to be around and have great attitudes despite the lack in management.
Pros
No schedule for some departments
Cons
Don't work around schedules, no management involvement, no advancement opportunities.
Exciting and demanding Job
Currently Route Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 11, 2016
the truck side of this company is very straight forward. We pick up and deliver to a set group of customers each day. The money room side is basically a commercial deposit line at a bank on steroids. We process a lot of deposits each day.
Pros
Fairly flexible schedule.
Cons
Zero home life. Room for advancement, if you are willing to move.
Long hours no overtime
CDL class B driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 10, 2016
You work long hours with no overtime. The company does not back up their employees as it takes care of its self. You are just a employee. If you want anything they will consider it but if it does not benefit them they don't care. Everyone does their own thing there as management has no backbone.
employee fun outings
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 10, 2016
great place to work, productive and a very fun environment

high productivity, excellent co-workers

brinks company was a great company, employees are one of the company strength.
Pros
exellent workplace
slow to change
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 28, 2015
only care about stock price. They will cut everything to make a buck. They had us cut the little guys to make money. Long days
Pros
ablity to try ideas
Cons
no one cares
Horrible place to work unless you really need money
Coin room machine operator (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 22, 2015
Full of old people who don't mind their business. Terrible management. Poor working conditions. Under paid,'just everything about this place was bad.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everything else
A typical day
Human Resource Representative/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2015
Start my day speaking and answer questions with the crews. Reviewing Kronos, adding missing punches. Writing disciplinary letters. Reviewing applications, Phone screens and setting up face to face interviews. Answering emails.
Pros
to have conversations with people
Cons
not being able to learn more
if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn’t have stayed.
Vault Processor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 14, 2015
Met some of my best friends here. Aside from that it is an absolute horrible place to work. Vault processing have me the from noon to close (9:00 to 10:00pm). Rarely get Saturdays off. Never mind being a parent. No room for advancement at all unless someone leaves. Head management is a joke. Don't do it. Pay really sucks; health insurance is atrocious. Only thing to take away from this company is a 401k, experience, and friendships.
Pros
Co-workers get to be like a dysfunctional family.
Cons
Everything else.
Every other day there's an issue or two
Armored Vehicle Driver (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 10, 2015
Management could care less about your family issues. Coworkers are cool with typical gossip talk. Problems with vehicles are not addressed when reported. Most enjoyable part of job is when i'm off.
Pros
When you have a day or two off.
Cons
Management listens to problems but do not act on issues.
chaotic work place with challenging culture
Vice President, Strategy & Change Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2015
Very supportive management for culture change, but work/life balance is challenging. Overall industry is very low pay to front line employees with undisciplined competition. significant gap between employees and management
Terrible pay and benefits.
Armed Guard (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MADecember 4, 2015
The hours are awful, there's never a set end time. The pay is way undercut for the work you deal with. The raises are horrible. The trucks break down all the time.
Pros
You wear a vest and carry a firearm
Cons
Trucks always break down, long hours, terrible pay.
Productive and fun workplace.
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Always made sure employees were safe, and all cash and coin was picked up and delivered on time.
No overtime ...
Armed Guard/Messenger (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2015
You have no choice but to work overtime, however, only 5 .... FIVE ... only FIVE hours of overtime are paid per week. You will only get 10 hours of overtime per check but you will be working in excess of 100+ hours per check. it's a catch 22, you have to stay on the truck and deliver the money which forces you to do overtime but if you skip stops and bring money back to the branch they are VERY QUICK to fire people. After the 5 hours of overtime your pay goes back to regular pay.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
no overtime
Manager
manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 1, 2015
NO COMMENT..... SMH

Not much to say but the President needs to be more involved in the local upper branch management decisions. They need to stop letting good manager and employees go for no reason just because they are a " At Will" company.
Pros
advancement
Cons
no job security