Brink's Incorporated

Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews

The people where the most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Manager Route Logistics (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2017
The people were the most enjoyable part of the job. During my tenure I thank Brinks for the advancement and the ability to gain knowledge in many different areas.
Diverse Company
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Good company build employee relations as well as customer relations. Interact with upper mangement on a regular basis. Work as a team on getting the job done.
Pros
Rewards for outstanding performance
Cons
Long hours, management change consistently
To stressfull
Revenue Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Brinks Inc is a great company, but there is a lot of stress due to the volume of work. But everyone is great including the managers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
15 minutes break
Be forewarned
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 20, 2017
I worked briefly for the northern Ohio branch. Overall, the company treats it's employees as numbers and if you're looking for a job to punch the clock then Brinks is alright. However, management isn't looking out for employees safety, training is subpar and the pay isn't much either. Additionally, almost all of the management members do not have a background in either law enforcement, military or security. Mostly, they come from retail and are more concerned by the bottom dollar and have not clue on security training or tactical experience. The trucks are in miserable condition as management saw fit to get rid of the second mechanic. Most of the trucks are mechanically unsound and either overheat or have engine issues that go unfixed.
Pros
Its pays, though not enough
Cons
Lack of mechanically sound vehicles, employee saftey is a joke, management is unfit
Great office location
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2017
worked in the mid town NYC office for the Global Services division for few years. Leadership lacks forward looking concepts and idea's. They are satisfied with the status quo and leadership doesn't produce any forward thinking idea's and they will eventually end up like the dinosaurs or Kodak.
Pros
Good office location
Cons
mice & bug infested office
Overload
Cash Logistics Lead and Driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 14, 2017
I work too many hours with much more responsibility than I am compensated for. I feel stuck there because I am hopeful to move from my Cash Logistics Lead position to a Branch Manager position, although, one may not open up near me for a very long time.
Pros
My own Boss
Cons
Not paid like I'm my own boss
neat experence
Armored Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48201February 14, 2017
It was really cool to learn how to drive those trucks and they do train very well. The people there are all cool too. There is overtime usually everyday unless you finish your route fast. In the morning you had to load up your truck, check your truck oil etc. get on the road quick with your partner start the day early to finish all your stops early. we had usually 80 stops a day. On hot days they would have water in coolers or hotdogs grilled for us.
Pros
cool learning ex, overtime people.
Cons
not enough pay, long hours, trucks didnt always have a/c.
It's OK work place.
Security Guard/Driver (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I would not recommend this company to a friend or family. I think they should show more to the employee then to the management we do not get the credit like we are supposed to no one in the company is satisfied I think in the last 6 months I have seen more then 10 people leave including or Supervisor. What does that tell you
Terrible management
State licensed security guard (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 13, 2017
Terrible management, no raises, salary for what you're doing is to low, terrible insurance, terrible working conditions, no advancement at all. Brinks is falling apart and losing contracts left and right.
Lot of Work, Productive
Messenger/Driver (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAFebruary 12, 2017
Clock in, load the truck, and deliver customer deliveries and follow logistics service. Pick up customer deliveries and sell them to the vault.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Long hours, no personal life
No entertainment
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2017
Hardest part was always having to do alot of work on one route which would then become about a 12 to 16 hour work day, then having to wake back up again early in the morning with just a couple hours of sleep
Pros
Break whenever
Cons
Long work days
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIFebruary 10, 2017
It was the best company I had ever worked for until they rolled off the security side and sold it to ADT. I still can't talk bad about them though.
Pros
Excellent managers and benefits
Cons
Nothing to remember
Not horrible
Cash Logistics Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46809February 6, 2017
Was fun and kept you busy. Could get boring or annoying when everyone just complained or fought all the time. For the most part everyone is okay and if there is any issues you can go to management and they help fix it.
Trash
Guard/Vault Processor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2017
I recommend working here only to receive your gun license. Once you have it don't stay for more than six months to a year. This is by far the worse company I've ever worked for and I've worked for many.
Pros
Gun license and looks gokd on resume
Cons
You will see for yourself
Poor management
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Poor management, they lie to your face. They don't spread the work evenly. Management does not pay attention to there paper work. They will always ask you to do extra. No overtime and you will work over 40 hours a week.
Its a demanding job
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Only the senior guys have a set route, and even then your hours are never the same. one day you could be out for 10 hrs. the next your out for 12. one day I was out for 14 hrs. its much more work than it looks and will take a toll on your body.
Very productive
Vault Processor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2017
Very fun and productive job to work at, everyone works together to get the job done right. Management works with you when you need to and its multi culture.
Low pay for dangerous work
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2017
I didn't work there for a particularly long time so my review may not be entirely accurate but here is my view from what I had seen. The work hours are insane, I found my self working 60 hour weeks in very dangerous neighborhoods for pay that isn't particularly competitive. There was almost an unofficial 'no-break' policy. While in theory you could take them it was somewhat discouraged cause it meant falling behind time wise. Most people ate lunch between stops but unless youre working in the suburbs where there was a lot of time between stops that often meant falling behind on your paper work. The benefits were nothing special and if they catch you saying the word Union they'll find some pretext to fire you. Due to all of this the retention rate for messengers is VERY low. Many employees complained that their pay raises dont keep up with their skill. The longer you work there the faster you become at your job so you actually end up making less money.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Grueling schedule
Not enough job structure. No respect or professionalism. Not enough on the job training which led to a lot of errors.
Cash Logistics Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2017
Very consistent work. No time off except vacation. No end time. High turnover ratio. Management inconsistent. I learned a lot on my own. Poor management cause a lot of problems. Everybody did not meet expectations on production level. Made the job harder for everyone else. No Teamwork.
Pros
Always work
Cons
12-14 hr days
Management is clueless/no social life
Driver/Messenger (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2017
You never know when you're going to get off work most days. Trucks aren't properly maintained. People that have been there the longest do what they want. Management decides to hire new people for higher up positions so don't expect any promotions or advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brink's Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8