Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews

Horrible
Turret Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2017
They treat their employees like garbage in 8 months i never received a single lunch break while working 14 hour days they did away with raises and advancement also management lies
Not flexiable with your peronal life.
Messenger/driver/vault assistant- Duties (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 19, 2017
I liked working here the only down fall was that it was very hard for me to schedule doctors appointments or anything important because we got worked like dogs. When I wanted to use my vacation time I was having a hard time because they wouldn't give it to me when I wanted it.
Pros
fun, active, and someone isnt always watching over you
Cons
Not flexiable and days off arent always promised.
Great people
Cash processor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 18, 2017
Nice place to work, open door policy, descent benefits and pay. Must be able to work on deadlines and pay attention to detail.
Brinks inc
Driver, Messenger, Coin Room and Vault Processor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Productive company and stress workplace, very high security place,
different culture but a great team to work. Good company to work but need better management. Regular work day is check in the routes, balance the routes, process the change orders for customer and schedule for next day delivery, scan all the pieces and the end of the night balance the day, clear and secured the hold building.
Job Security and Optimal Hours
Armored Guard (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJanuary 16, 2017
Overall a good company to work for. There is strong job security and hours are always available, routes averaging around 50 hrs per week. Only downside is there is no set clock out/ end time. You finish when you complete your route. That could be 1500 or 2100 depending on the day/volume.
Pros
Job security, hours, steady pay
Cons
Long days, traffic, heavy routes (many stops)
Very fast passed which I loved
Driver/Warehouse/security (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2017
My job qas great the only problem was no advancement in company and no cross training. The employees were great
Typical day was about a 12 hour shift which was great. Just low pay and no advancement opportunities.
Pros
Learning
Cons
No advancement
Solid Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2017
Very solid company in a tough low cost market place. Good pay with flexible hours. Sells on value vs. price against low cost providers.
Pros
Solid Reputation
Cons
Not price competitive
My time at Brinks
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day,
Unless you have your own route, there really is no typical day. Most days I would be at the branch by 6am. After that it took me about 10 minutes to get my gun belt, vest, bags, and gun. Then another 5 or 10 minutes to get my cart with my deliveries. When I got to my truck for the day, I scanned in all my items in the cart and put them in the truck, made sure I had bags for stops and atms and talked to the driver about the run guide. All in all, I was ready to leave and gone by about 7am 90% of the time. After you leave the branch for the day, depending on how fast you are, your route, what truck you have, what driver you have, and how smoothly your day goes, you will be back in anywhere from 7-12+ hours. I have had days where I left at 7 and returned at 3pm, and days where I didn't return until 10pm. After you get back you have to check in your pick ups from that day, and that usually takes about 45 minutes, and that is only if all your scanned items are there and you have no items to write up. When you're done checking in, you hand in all your equipment and put your gear back in your locker, THEN you can clock out. A usual day is about 10 hours.

What I learned,
They teach you how to use and maintain a handgun during training, their policies and what to do in certain situations. Preliminary training is a week long. After that, you learn how to drive a truck for anywhere from 3 to 5 days. When you complete driver training you have the option of becoming a messenger. To get fully messenger trained, takes about 2 weeks, learning how to use your scanner, keys,
  more... safes, atms, When you are fully messenger trained, it still takes some time to learn on your own, as I stated after 3 months overall, you should be ok, you only get better.

Management,
Most of the management are former messengers. They can relate to the drivers and messengers. Regardless of that fact, only some of the management were good at being managers. The lower level managers were good, the upper level managers were hit and miss. They usually did not listen to the messengers suggestions, and did not fix problems when the messengers/drivers told them about it.

Co-workers,
I personally liked almost all my co-workers. Most of them were friendly and helpful, we got good laughs and almost no conflict. Even the people who were not messengers/drivers were friendly. You will spend a lot of time with your co-workers, depending on your route, maybe even more time than with your own family. There are messenger/driver teams that have worked together for months, if not longer. If you have a good driver/messenger (whichever one you're not), and get along well with them, it makes the day go by much faster.

Hardest part of the job,
The first 3 months are the hardest part of the job. It takes about that long to get used to the job, the stops, the keys, the people, the trucks, the safes, and the atms. If you can make it through that, you will be ok. After that, something just clicks and you get faster, everything starts to make sense, and the job gets easier, much easier the longer you work.

Most enjoyable part/s of the job (in no particular order),
The co-workers, as I said earlier, those guys (and gals) will make or break the job. Some of the stops, after a while you get to know your stops and the people, I enjoyed talking to the ones that talked to me and seeing how they were doing. I got to get out and get some exercise, and talk to people. I preferred that to sitting in the truck and driving.
Pros
Great co-workers for the most part. Good Insurance. Donuts every Friday.
Cons
Poor management for the most part. Long hours, almost no overtime (5 hours per week). Almost no personal life.
great company
Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2017
I met amazing people while working at Brinks. I learned a lot from each co worker. The company within it self is very friendly and detail oriented.Hardest part of my job was putting my life on the line in the event someone tried to rob the money.
Pros
co workers
Cons
danger
Fast Paced and Clear State of Mind
Driver, Messenger (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2017
Important to keep visual of surroundings, and maintain a healthy diet due to always being on the go. Decent pay but can be more due to extra responsibility given and long hours so get a good night rest and must be prepared for anything. ,
Pros
overtime pay, health benefits, 401k, profit share, you set your break time
Cons
expect the unexpected, no social life, always eating on the go, unorganized management
complicated job
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 1, 2017
Job is great. The team have a lot of drama but other then that a great job. enjoyable about this job is getting your paid. the hardest part with the company is the pay and the daily drama. I have learned a lot here and more room to grow but the company hold you back because of pay increase.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 15, 2016
Loved this place and the staff. One of my favorite places I've worked. Everyone had their own space and it was great teamwork.
Pros
Location, staff
Cons
Salary
First Security Job
Armed Courier (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 14, 2016
Brinks was one of many jobs that I have enjoyed working for. Brinks incorporated accepted me as individual but not an handicapped, which I was impressed by the treatment of the staff. I really enjoyed working for Brinks although,the job was short lived because of the company closing the Kalamazoo Branch. However, the company attempted to found a full time position for myself, unfortunately I was unable to move.
taxing environment
Sr Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 14, 2016
my coworkers were good people but the company culture is to use you up and discard you. No real advancement was available.

I stuck it out for 6 years and the company reorganized at least 5 times during that period. With that many new CEO, CIO, etc. in so short a time, they never really set a good course to follow.
Don't work here
Messenger/Driver (Current Employee) –  NCDecember 12, 2016
Long hours. Don't get paid overtime. If you work hard to get your route finished quicker, the next week they'll add more stops to you. There is no recognition for hard work. The ones that complain the loudest get the best treatment. Management sits in the office all day and instead of them taking care of emergency stops, they just throw it on whatever route they feel like. If you have a family, carry a picture of them with you because that will be the only way you will get to see them working at brinks. They'll give you little to no guidance or training than get mad at you when you don't know what you're doing. If a supervisor has to go on route to cover a call out, they will switch up and mess up every other route just so they can get the easiest run and screw every other employee in the process. The only good part of this job is the guys suffering with you.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Long un rewarding hours, bad management, not enough pay for how much they ask of you
Fun to count cash and lots of it
Cash Logistics Processor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 8, 2016
Easy job not enough pay. currency room dirty could use a little tidy up. some management is okay some not. co-workers suck. most enjoyable is counting cages learning new things
great
Armed Messenger (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2016
this job is a great place to work management is understanding and they offer many oppurtunities to advance and excel at every turn of the journey
great employees and. good envionment
Messenger (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 5, 2016
Very good place to work great medical benefits and vacation benefits. Meeting people and customer service is beautiful very important as well as security.
Pros
good pay
Poor Workplace
Messenger (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, MANovember 26, 2016
overall poor management. no communication. No work/life balance. Unorganized and too overworked. There is no room for growth and everyone works against each other instead of with each other.
Terrible mgt in Memphis Branch
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 26, 2016
Global logistics company, however they will give you terrible equipment, and management will only promote their friends. It's the worst excuse for leadership.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brink's Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8