Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews in United States

Don't do it the worst place to work
Financial Logistics Processor (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 16, 2016
Don't work here they work u allday long they rush you give u other people work talk to you like cramp don't give u a raise make u stay late don't care about your family kids outside life if someone dies they don't car they just care about Brinks that's it I don't care how good u work it don't matter you still will feel like you on the bottom if u work here everybody just talk about you behind your back if u work her you crazy just kill yourself and u get 30 min lunches nobody listen to the rules here
Long hours.. Not enough pay
Teller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2016
This could be an amazing place to work if the management didn't chose sides. If they didnt like you they woukd make you processes the worst of the worst with no help. Management didn't care if you passed out and died as long as you got the work done. They don't train you but expect you to come in knowing everything. Horrible place to work if you have kids or a life for that matter.
Pros
Off on holidays
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, lack of training
Risky, but good work environment
Regional Director of Security, Latin America (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 23, 2016
Brinks had investments throughout Caribbean and Latin American countries. While in this position, I inspected and improved the security at various locations and arranged for quarterly training sessions in South Florida where security managers had the opportunity to exchange ideas and methods that ultimately improved risk in their respective countries. The process helped reduce the global security cost provided by the Willis Group Holdings plc, a multinational risk advisor and insurance brokerage, based in London. Unfortunately, government corruption in countries of operation was high.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
U.S. Director did not listen to local managers opinion on growing the business
No advancement
Teller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 14, 2016
Management was a joke, no advancement unless you want to be working at the same job for years, raises are only 12 cents a year and the health insurance benefits are a joke. Very expensive with no real benefits. Only allotted 3 sick days for a year. Also, there was no camaraderie at all. Everyone was at each others throats everyday. Horrible!! Do NOT APPLY
Pros
OVERTIME
Cons
short lunches, no raises, no benefits, no advancement
Worst place ever
messenger (Current Employee) –  somewhere usaMay 15, 2016
Been with the company for over 4 years, over worked, under paid. Company is going to one man trucks, yes that's right one man, who does everything, even ATM's. Loading huge amounts of money into a machine with nobody watching your back. They care less about your safety. If you die oh well, we will just get someone else to do your job. They have taken everything away from the workers, and continue to find ways to stick it to you. No over time pay, no 401 match, horrible benefits, etc,etc,etc. Anyone looking to advance themselves in life should stay far away from this company, everyone I know who works at the branch I am at is looking to leave.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Meeting new people and building relationships
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMay 12, 2016
My job was to control inventory such as off road, OTR, fuel for trucks, oil stations and company vehicles. I also built relationships with many of the clients, customers for the different companies. This job was fun but, there was no room for advancement, and the pay was 9.00 hr. which made me work almost 80 hours a week, leaving no time with my wife.
Pros
Close to house
Cons
No money for employees. 9.00 was too much too pay for an employee who was not a real "manager"
Not what I had expected
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 11, 2016
when I first started working for Brinks I thought I was going to love my job, on the contrary it's nothing like I expected. Only 5 hours of overtime is a joke. You will work way more than that here. Hard work will go unappreciated. If you try to get your route done early they will keep adding more and more to your workload. The trucks are falling apart and Brinks solution is to band-aid them up so they work but just barely. The only reason I've worked here so long is the fact I have awesome customers on my routes. Furthermore, never try to call in sick or have any family pass while you work here, they will try to guilt you to come to work anyways.
Pros
Occasional free meals, a few awesome customers, and co-workers
Cons
Work environment, poor management
A disapointment
Messenger/Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 5, 2016
Poor communication between Mgmt and employees. Uncaring working environment, job main priority and family is a very distant second. Yet, Brinks proclaimed to be a family oriented company, that cares about their employees family. Not paying full hours work, meaning not paying time and a half, when one has worked 20-30 additional hours over 40! No rotating system to be off on weekends, so again family life isn't an concern... No schedule adjustments for those that, work late on their routes (coming in after 9 p.m. and not getting off until 10 p.m.) and need to come in later the next day, causing lack of rest and sleep!!! Unaffordable health insurance. Turnover rate is extremely high, for a company that's so well known and large... Not knowing the mgmt. situation currently but before, very poor mgmt staff.
Pros
Can make very good money!
Cons
no time for family or at times, rest/sleep!!!
Transporting money and valuables to customer location
Courier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2016
The hours can be long. The harder you work, the more work they make you responsible for. If you master your route and are able to shave time off of the route, they will just add more stops to your route so that you get more done in the original time allotted. Compensation is terrible, considering they don't pay you for overtime after 45 hours. You earn 5 hours of overtime and then drop back down to "straight pay" for anything over the 45 hour mark. I made 800 dollars more in 2014 than 2013 but worked 500+ hours to earn that 800 dollars. Do the math.
Pros
There are some but i'm not sure what they are
Cons
Hours worked, compensation, terrible insurance, managers don't care, owners don't care, customers don't care
good learning experience
armed guard (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 4, 2016
i learned to work efficiently and have gained knowledge over the years. my previous manager was my mentor and a lot of my co workers became my good friends thru the years. hardest part of the job is dealing sometimes with bad attitude customers. i learned to deal with it by just being polite
Pros
free turkey on thanksgiving
Cons
yearly bonus
Underpaid, dangerous and little compensation.
Turret Guard (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 6, 2016
Although Brinks had it's good days like any other, it wasn't the bad days which had me change my mind about the company. I enjoyed going to work and how I was a staple for making things happen, both in and out of my job description. The problem was the amount I was paid for my position and the two positions above me, was very little. It would have taken seven plus years to earn anything liveable beyond a two bedroom apartment (being i started at 10.95, drivers and messengers are at roughly 11.73-1250 hourly).

The benefits aren't too bad but health care is incredibly expensive unfortunately. I enjoyed the people I worked with, but could not advance in a profitable manner.
Good pay and benefits; Workplace can be filled with unnecessary drama.
Cash Logistics Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2016
Easy job. I've heard they've become more lenient there now allowing beards and headphones which wasn't allowed when I was there. I assume this makes working a better experience. Subject to unnecessary drama at job. Good pay and benefits and job security.
Unorganized place with executives not knowing what they were doing
Global Application IT Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 30, 2016
Almost all resources were hired in order to implement and support Oracle R12 for LATAM. The executives did a poor job managing the project and then hired the right people to stabilize the system and complete some of the project. Once stabilized - most of the resources were let go. There was a lot of blame on the new resources for the executives and prior resources decision and waste.

Enjoyed the people in Miami and the countries we serviced. Very nice environment in Miami, but no career path in the organization.

The organization is still operating as a mom and pop shop
Pros
People made it fun. Lots of Hispanic foods and celebrations.
Cons
Healthcare was too expensive
Unprofessional work enviroment.
Messenger/Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 17, 2016
Unfortunately working at Brinks in Miami is not the same as it was before. The management team is unprofessional and disrespectful. Employees are constantly yelled at and threatened with loosing there jobs and you are forced to work 6 days a week with more than 12 hour shifts. Management does not care about your health or saftey, or about the old trucks that constantly break down. I would not recommend this job to anyone. Stay Away.
Pros
Cons
High work load, No respect for employees, unprofessional management
Disappearing Industry
Messenger (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMarch 17, 2016
A typical day would be out on the road delivering valuables to various locations. My time with Brinks has taught me various skills in security and logistics. I have enjoyed working with all of the employees at Brinks and have no complaints about anyone. The hardest part of this job has been watching the armored industry slowly disappear due to the lack of cash-flow and the advancement of banking technology. Since then, benefits and salaries have been slowly cut in order to remain competitive within the industry.
Pros
Active, building relationships with various people
Cons
cutbacks, lack of advancement
High Turnover
Audit Executive (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 19, 2016
The job had excessive international travel over 90% and a very high turnover with rapidly changing environment and leadership. This resulted in a luck of knowledge transfer due to the high turnover.
Pros
A few good people trying to make a difference
Cons
High Turnover and too much travel
A great company too work for. You have to be alert at all times, when people see an armor car vehicle all they are seeing is dollar signs.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 14, 2016
A great part about of the position was the travelling. I learned a great deal more about the state of New Jersey than I did when I was in high school. I also like working outdoors so that was a perk for me too. Along with that I will really miss my co-workers. we had some good times and some good laughs.
Pros
Working out doors, A lot of driving which i also enjoyed.
Cons
Dangereous, A whole lot of driving, not recommended if one is married
Place is a sinking ship!!
Messenger/Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 10, 2016
Don't care about employee's..your just a number. Only worried about the dollar not the person. People working in the A/C get paid all the over time they work but not the people doing the hardest and most dangerous part of the job. Insurance is stupid expensive and pray you don't have take time off for an injury cause they will bend you in-half and break it off.
Pros
Getting to see different people
Cons
everything is bad here.
A company with no clear direction.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southeastern USApril 8, 2016
Layers of responsibility overlap. No definable standard of operating, and getting everyone on the same page is nearly impossible. The way you're doing it today, will change the next day. HR is horrendous eventhough they say they care about their people.
Pros
Never boring.
Cons
Too many to mention. Take the job if you have no other options.
Good place to work but the work life balance is not favorable for the employee.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 2, 2016
Typical work day begins between 7 am and 9 am and usually lasts 11 to 13 hours. Management team worked hard to make life as easy as possible for employees but the job has to be done. There is a guaranteed start time but no end time as the route times are dependent upon traffic, weather, accidents etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee's who were like family and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Pros
Free meals once a month during Speak Outs, a monthly employee branch meeting.
Cons
Benefits being eliminated or cost of benefits continually being raised.

2.9