Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews

Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIFebruary 10, 2017
It was the best company I had ever worked for until they rolled off the security side and sold it to ADT. I still can't talk bad about them though.
Pros
Excellent managers and benefits
Cons
Nothing to remember
Hard work
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Be prepared to work extremely hard and be on the move the whole time. Work hours are long and strenuous. Not worth the pay and keep in mind you are risking your life moving money.
Pros
all the overtime you wanted
Cons
no breaks, hard work, no work life balance
Good place to work but the work life balance is not favorable for the employee.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 2, 2016
Typical work day begins between 7 am and 9 am and usually lasts 11 to 13 hours. Management team worked hard to make life as easy as possible for employees but the job has to be done. There is a guaranteed start time but no end time as the route times are dependent upon traffic, weather, accidents etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee's who were like family and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Pros
Free meals once a month during Speak Outs, a monthly employee branch meeting.
Cons
Benefits being eliminated or cost of benefits continually being raised.
Not horrible
Cash Logistics Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46809February 6, 2017
Was fun and kept you busy. Could get boring or annoying when everyone just complained or fought all the time. For the most part everyone is okay and if there is any issues you can go to management and they help fix it.
My time at Brinks
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day,
Unless you have your own route, there really is no typical day. Most days I would be at the branch by 6am. After that it took me about 10 minutes to get my gun belt, vest, bags, and gun. Then another 5 or 10 minutes to get my cart with my deliveries. When I got to my truck for the day, I scanned in all my items in the cart and put them in the truck, made sure I had bags for stops and atms and talked to the driver about the run guide. All in all, I was ready to leave and gone by about 7am 90% of the time. After you leave the branch for the day, depending on how fast you are, your route, what truck you have, what driver you have, and how smoothly your day goes, you will be back in anywhere from 7-12+ hours. I have had days where I left at 7 and returned at 3pm, and days where I didn't return until 10pm. After you get back you have to check in your pick ups from that day, and that usually takes about 45 minutes, and that is only if all your scanned items are there and you have no items to write up. When you're done checking in, you hand in all your equipment and put your gear back in your locker, THEN you can clock out. A usual day is about 10 hours.

What I learned,
They teach you how to use and maintain a handgun during training, their policies and what to do in certain situations. Preliminary training is a week long. After that, you learn how to drive a truck for anywhere from 3 to 5 days. When you complete driver training you have the option of becoming a messenger. To get fully messenger trained, takes about 2 weeks, learning how to use your scanner, keys,
  more... safes, atms, When you are fully messenger trained, it still takes some time to learn on your own, as I stated after 3 months overall, you should be ok, you only get better.

Management,
Most of the management are former messengers. They can relate to the drivers and messengers. Regardless of that fact, only some of the management were good at being managers. The lower level managers were good, the upper level managers were hit and miss. They usually did not listen to the messengers suggestions, and did not fix problems when the messengers/drivers told them about it.

Co-workers,
I personally liked almost all my co-workers. Most of them were friendly and helpful, we got good laughs and almost no conflict. Even the people who were not messengers/drivers were friendly. You will spend a lot of time with your co-workers, depending on your route, maybe even more time than with your own family. There are messenger/driver teams that have worked together for months, if not longer. If you have a good driver/messenger (whichever one you're not), and get along well with them, it makes the day go by much faster.

Hardest part of the job,
The first 3 months are the hardest part of the job. It takes about that long to get used to the job, the stops, the keys, the people, the trucks, the safes, and the atms. If you can make it through that, you will be ok. After that, something just clicks and you get faster, everything starts to make sense, and the job gets easier, much easier the longer you work.

Most enjoyable part/s of the job (in no particular order),
The co-workers, as I said earlier, those guys (and gals) will make or break the job. Some of the stops, after a while you get to know your stops and the people, I enjoyed talking to the ones that talked to me and seeing how they were doing. I got to get out and get some exercise, and talk to people. I preferred that to sitting in the truck and driving.
Pros
Great co-workers for the most part. Good Insurance. Donuts every Friday.
Cons
Poor management for the most part. Long hours, almost no overtime (5 hours per week). Almost no personal life.
The people where the most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Manager Route Logistics (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2017
The people were the most enjoyable part of the job. During my tenure I thank Brinks for the advancement and the ability to gain knowledge in many different areas.
Poor management
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Poor management, they lie to your face. They don't spread the work evenly. Management does not pay attention to there paper work. They will always ask you to do extra. No overtime and you will work over 40 hours a week.
Lot of Work, Productive
Messenger/Driver (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAFebruary 12, 2017
Clock in, load the truck, and deliver customer deliveries and follow logistics service. Pick up customer deliveries and sell them to the vault.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Long hours, no personal life
Hours and Money
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2017
Management is paid well. Hourly employee's are capped at 10 years which is only about $4 more an hour then start date. No accountability and or discipline is handed out when needed.
Solid Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2017
Very solid company in a tough low cost market place. Good pay with flexible hours. Sells on value vs. price against low cost providers.
Pros
Solid Reputation
Cons
Not price competitive
managers do absolutely nothing
Cashier/Teller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2016
Managers give their workers their workload and do nothing the whole day but watch other people work. upper management changes the way work is done to how they see it being more efficient but really just make things much much harder. they also cut down on workers to make few people do a lot of work and save some money, by far the worst job i have ever had.
Pros
Cons
everything
Teller (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 15, 2016
Loved this place and the staff. One of my favorite places I've worked. Everyone had their own space and it was great teamwork.
Pros
Location, staff
Cons
Salary
not a great place for advancement
Cash Logistics Lead (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 27, 2017
i have learned some very valuable skills to carry with me throughout my careeer but it is not a place for advancement..Not a place for you to build a career
Unorganized place with executives not knowing what they were doing
Global Application IT Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 30, 2016
Almost all resources were hired in order to implement and support Oracle R12 for LATAM. The executives did a poor job managing the project and then hired the right people to stabilize the system and complete some of the project. Once stabilized - most of the resources were let go. There was a lot of blame on the new resources for the executives and prior resources decision and waste.

Enjoyed the people in Miami and the countries we serviced. Very nice environment in Miami, but no career path in the organization.

The organization is still operating as a mom and pop shop
Pros
People made it fun. Lots of Hispanic foods and celebrations.
Cons
Healthcare was too expensive
great
Armed Messenger (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2016
this job is a great place to work management is understanding and they offer many oppurtunities to advance and excel at every turn of the journey
Fun to count cash and lots of it
Cash Logistics Processor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 8, 2016
Easy job not enough pay. currency room dirty could use a little tidy up. some management is okay some not. co-workers suck. most enjoyable is counting cages learning new things
great employees and. good envionment
Messenger (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 5, 2016
Very good place to work great medical benefits and vacation benefits. Meeting people and customer service is beautiful very important as well as security.
Pros
good pay
Great people
Cash processor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 18, 2017
Nice place to work, open door policy, descent benefits and pay. Must be able to work on deadlines and pay attention to detail.
Terrible mgt in Memphis Branch
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 26, 2016
Global logistics company, however they will give you terrible equipment, and management will only promote their friends. It's the worst excuse for leadership.
Fast paced and productive
Teller-Cashier-Clerk (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDNovember 6, 2016
Come to work and clock in, the morning work is at your desk. 35 bags in a tray should be done within the hour. The managers make the job and its hours bearable.
benefits
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brink's Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8