Brink's Incorporated

Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews

Money Room Clerk C
Money Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 15, 2015
As a teller your in a dirty room processing store deposits, ATM deposits or bagging money for at least 9-12 hours a day. There was a bunch of drama with new employees vs the older ones thats been there for more than 10 years and half are at the retiring age. Change and new procedures will never happen at the Detroit location because everyone is stuck in thier ways and management hangs with the employess. Favorism is throwen around and people lie inorder to prevent you opportunity advancement. The only Good thing is the annual pay raise and the housing raise but if you thinking about advancment this is not the place to be....
Pros
Overtime, listening to your music all day
Cons
Drama, Poor Managment, High Turn Over
Fast paced environment, no room for error
Money Processing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 12, 2015
Hours very depending on the time of the year and holidays. Can be stressful if employees call off, due to staffing shortages. Minimal involvement by upper management due to trust in employees and above average training for the position.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
High volume of inventory, inadequate staffing
good work enviorment.
Cash logistics processor (Former Employee) –  philadelphia paOctober 11, 2015
I liked working there, just not a lot of help. Which made work days very long. Good management, and helpful managers. The pay was good, couldve been better. I liked the amount of overtime I got. I made a lot of friends.
Productive growing company
Onboarding Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 8, 2015
Great company to work for. Great with their employees as well as balanced between home and work. Positive environment and customer service based. Constant meetings on improvement for both internal and external customers.customers. Definitely growing in the right direction.
n/s
security officer money pick up (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 6, 2015
My position here with this company was a good learning experience and made me to love the company who i was working for. I would recommend to any one who is in a desire position for a job
Brinks
Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 6, 2015
•Drives armored van to transport money and valuables
•Guards money and valuables during transit Loads and carries bags of cash, coin, and other valuables into and from armored van
SOLID
vault teller (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2015
LONG HOURS THE MANAGEMENT IS UNFAIR, NO STRUCTURE, BUT OVERALL THE COMPANY HAS GREAT BENEFITS AND ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT BUT AGAIN THEY PUT THE WRONG ONES IN LEADERSHIP ROLES
BENEFITS
Cons
management
Run don't walk away from here!!!
Customer Service Rep. III (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 5, 2015
This is genuinely the worst place I've ever worked.

They black out the months of November and December, so anyone expecting to take time off with your family during the holidays forget about it. They barely provide any time off as it is.

I've seen them fire someone recovering from Cancer who was with the company for more than a decade just so they could re-post their position and not even fill it.

The Management team is mostly inept, at least in my department.

High turnover rate due to poor pay, I haven't had a raise in 2 years!!!!!

No onsite cafeteria. Basically no amenities.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Excessive long hours, not a good career for people with spouses and / or children
teller (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 4, 2015
The hours are ridiculous! When you interview management does not explain that a normal 8 hour shift job is 12 hours with the company. A person can work up to 17 hours or more EVERYDAY!! No one is allowed to leave until the work is complete. Regardless if you have commitments after working all day til night, no one is allowed to go until he or she speaks to a supervisor.
There is not enough staff for the amount of workload in the office. They need to create 2 shifts in the office but management constantly says it is not necessary. That is not true! It is a definite need!!
The office is extremely unorganized, there is no stability, no proper training, people get tired and that causes a lot of other issues management seems to not comprehend.
The level of communication and ownership does not take place.
Basically the office need to make major changes if they plan to retain the employees they currently have and any future employees.
Pros
able to listen to music with headphones on while working
Cons
extreme long hours, unorganized office setting, no proper company training
Great Compay
Commission Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Great team to work with. Management has monthly meetings to hear concerns of all employees and helps work on a better work environment for all. The job benefits are great.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No room for advancement
Brink's is a solid company to work for.
Armed Security Officer / Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Brink's is a solid company to work for. There are numerous avenues for career mobility. The pay (in my opinion under some specific circumstances) may not be appropriate for some positions, due to risk/danger. Aside from this, Brink's is a decent employer overall.
Need to be willing to work in a fast pace environment.
Teller, Vault (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 14, 2015
Unfortunately I can't give you a typical day at work because of security reasons but I can tell you that I learned how to handle a lot of money. Management was cool very easy going and able to get along with. Some of my co-workers were hard to get along with but all in all ok to work with. The hardest part of the job is that you don't get breaks and some times a 10-15 min break helps out to get threw a stressful day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working for awesome managers.
Pros
Great co-workers to work with.
Cons
No breaks
Productive company with new challenges each day
CASH LOGISTICS TELLER (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MASeptember 12, 2015
I love working here. The people are friendly and if you like a challenge, this place is full of them. Very fast paced as each task has a quota and a time limit. It feels so good to know that i can be trusted enough to handle a large amount of money each day.
Pros
Awesome benefits, 401K plan, every so often management buys lunch
Cons
some conflicts of time and certain days are heavier workflow than others
Long but Productive
Telle (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TxSeptember 8, 2015
Ok company to work for people with no children or no life.
Long hours and they need improvement with management. This not an understanding company as far as your personal life.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
short breaks, Long hours
Brinks is great
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 3, 2015
Brinks has it's good and bad points.

I typical day is wake up at 7am, sync you computer to find out where you are going that day. One man, One job, One day.
Pros
Client relations
Cons
Random job assignments
stressful
Teller (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2015
Very unethical place of business, poor management.
Very long hours, no appreciation shown for the hard work that
is endured.
Pros
Helping customers, enjoying my coworkers
Cons
poor managment
N/A
Armed messenger (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MASeptember 1, 2015
Not a place to be if you have a family and want a personal life outside of work.Pay is horrible for what we do everyday.No room for growth.
the job was not the greatest
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 29, 2015
the job its self was good the guys on the truck crews were great we were all brothers that had each others back miis the guys not the job
Pros
carry a gun
Cons
might get killed
Constantly busy
Programmer Analyst/Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 26, 2015
Provide second level support nationwide user assistance application support to 100 Brinks sites. Long hours, but would compensate for you later.
Pros
Was able to work from home.
Cons
Healthcare
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 25, 2015
A typical workday consisted of getting the routes out for work. I had 22 employees and 11 trucks that i was responsible for. I learned to deal with different personalities and different work related issues. My most enjoyable part of my job was keeping my employees safe and making sure my customers were happy.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
jumping through hoops to get small things done