Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews in United States

No for everyone.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 4, 2016
Very fun work, I really enjoyed it. The people around you always are with you at all times making sure you have what you need to perform your job. The benefits are great as well as the retirement plan. Is a good company to work for!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very short breaks.
Good company
Courier/Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2015
Productive company with good staff. High energy and job security. Great place to work. Good benefits and good management. Good.
Great company
Interim Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2015
Sorry I left. Great company, benefits and upper management. Problem is middle management played politics and promoted not because of ability, but because of their personal agenda,
Pros
Great equipment, training and facilities.
Cons
Staff not rewarded for performance
Multicultural environment
QA Test Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2015
A growing company that has a multicultural environment and culture.

Global company with global departments. Working in many projects at the same time. I'm learning QA tools and methodologies in order to do my job.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Many changes
Brinks is trying to put the company back in the black at the expense of their employees
Driver / Messenger (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 22, 2015
Brinks stopped all 401 K matching and retirement benefits, they also stopped paying overtime once you had worked more than 5 hours in a week... I don't understand how they justified this as it seems to be in violation of federal law but when I asked management they could not explain the companies actions
Cons
Rate of pay is not comenserate for the hazards of the job
Every other day there's an issue or two
Armored Vehicle Driver (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 10, 2015
Management could care less about your family issues. Coworkers are cool with typical gossip talk. Problems with vehicles are not addressed when reported. Most enjoyable part of job is when i'm off.
Pros
When you have a day or two off.
Cons
Management listens to problems but do not act on issues.
Need to be willing to work in a fast pace environment.
Teller, Vault (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 14, 2015
Unfortunately I can't give you a typical day at work because of security reasons but I can tell you that I learned how to handle a lot of money. Management was cool very easy going and able to get along with. Some of my co-workers were hard to get along with but all in all ok to work with. The hardest part of the job is that you don't get breaks and some times a 10-15 min break helps out to get threw a stressful day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working for awesome managers.
Pros
Great co-workers to work with.
Cons
No breaks
Teller (Current Employee) –  Irondale, ALAugust 18, 2015
Brinks is an enjoyable job has many pros and cons. Some of the pros is the amount of hours and flexible hours also the management is nice. The cons is the long hours and not being able to get off at a set time each day.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Not organized
Average
Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 31, 2016
I love working for my Manager. He is great to work for and he have ideals to streamline our work. I am on the phone all day and it is very busy. I take incoming calls 50 to 100 phone calls a day. I have learned how to set up new customers for service, learned about claims, and in the process learning about Money Processing, ATM, & CompuSafe. My co-workers are like family and we look out for each other. Hardest part is working holidays. The most enjoyable is making the customer happy - resolving issues.
Pros
work hours are flexible if I need to change my shift.
Cons
I work too far from home.
A great company too work for. You have to be alert at all times, when people see an armor car vehicle all they are seeing is dollar signs.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 14, 2016
A great part about of the position was the travelling. I learned a great deal more about the state of New Jersey than I did when I was in high school. I also like working outdoors so that was a perk for me too. Along with that I will really miss my co-workers. we had some good times and some good laughs.
Pros
Working out doors, A lot of driving which i also enjoyed.
Cons
Dangereous, A whole lot of driving, not recommended if one is married
Cash Logistics Processor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2015
Working for the company was okay. The management though, they do not care about you at all and not about what you have going on in your life to provide for your family. Working for BRINKS they wanted you to just be about them and nothing or nobody else. They did not care about if you had to pick your kid up from daycare or anything. I would not work for them again ever. They wanted you to choose them over your family. NOT a way to run business. Wanted you to work long hours but would not try and get the work done faster throughout the day. Things just were not ran right.
Horrible place to work unless you really need money
Coin room machine operator (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 22, 2015
Full of old people who don't mind their business. Terrible management. Poor working conditions. Under paid,'just everything about this place was bad.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everything else
Place is a sinking ship!!
Messenger/Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 10, 2016
Don't care about employee's..your just a number. Only worried about the dollar not the person. People working in the A/C get paid all the over time they work but not the people doing the hardest and most dangerous part of the job. Insurance is stupid expensive and pray you don't have take time off for an injury cause they will bend you in-half and break it off.
Pros
Getting to see different people
Cons
everything is bad here.
stressful
Teller (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2015
Very unethical place of business, poor management.
Very long hours, no appreciation shown for the hard work that
is endured.
Pros
Helping customers, enjoying my coworkers
Cons
poor managment
fun at times, would be better if managed properly, be better if paid way more for putting life on line everyday.
Messenger/ Driver (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 19, 2015
a typical work day at brinks is long and exhausting. you work hard but don't get paid worth jack for all that you do. been there three years and already on third manager.
Dont Work Here
ARMED DRIVER/GUARD (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
They Suck Big Time. Do NOT apply. Worse management ever. Make this company the your last resort. Again They SUCK. Don't Do it.
No Future at BRINKS, Inc.
Armored Guard, Messenger & Driver (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at BRINKS, Inc. consists of long hours with little to gain from them. I have learned that they do not value their employees despite the importance and danger on the job. Management is uncaring towards employees, and they maintain their own profit above employee benefits. My co-workers are one of the few good things on the job, but unfortunately we're all stuck on what seems to be a sinking ship. The hardest part of the job is maintaining your security, awareness and consistent responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the long hours shift is over.
Pros
occasional free lunches from customers and co-worker camaradrie
Cons
long hours, benefits gutted, next to nothing 401k, high expections and low rewards, overtime 5 hour cap, no double time, dangerous job
Not So Great
Messenger (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Started off great, but slowly started falling apart. Company is constastaley going through changes. Upper management dont care about the employess
Horrible management
Vault Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 31, 2015
Worked there for quite some time and the management is horrible. So much favoritism there it's unbelievable. If you're not a suck up or in the clique you get no where. Plus they'll walk all over and stab you in the back. Tampa branch needs to be overhauled.
Pros
overtime
Cons
shirt breaks, horrible managers, too much drama
teller (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 11, 2015
Brinks has been a wonderful place to work and I love my job, but the hours do not leave much time for family or anything else outside of work.
Pros
Benefits, friendly atmosphere