Brinker International Employee Reviews in United States

Fun job, enjoyed going to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75240June 9, 2016
Typical day started at 7 am, check lists, receive morning orders, place orders, set up prep list, check schedules and set up floor plans, answer phone calls. Learned a good deal about P&L, and MOPL statements. Upper management had an identity crisis about which direction to go, family style, or bar/casual dining. I had great group of employees, which always made coming in to work a good thing. Hardest part was getting a phone call at 4:00 from someone scheduled for 5:00 and having to find a replacement for them, while you are trying to finish your day and go home.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Long hours, late nights.
it was a fun place to work, although management left a little something to be desired. I should have gotten a raise after i had trained someone
Chili's (Former Employee) –  Petal, MSJune 27, 2016
I review brinker as an ok place to work, just don't expect any pay raises...management left something to be desired, especially the way that the restaurant was run. but other than that, the environment was pleasant enough...
Pros
free food
Cons
mismanagement
friendly fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 5, 2016
I was not given enough hours. I worked over when they needed me. I worked afternoons to close. We did not have an evening manager. I received and prepared customers' orders. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my best friend. We get along great. The job wasn't hard at all. I caught on very quickly.
Pros
free smoothies
Cons
hours
Fun, fast paced career with ample opportunities for growth
Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 25, 2016
Work is always different, something new everyday. I learned personnel management and I was given the tools that i needed to succeed. Great team and supervisors who only want the best for us and our brand and pushed me to do better daily.I love the fast pace and never boring environment
Pros
Great food, fun atmospher
Cons
long nights
Fast paced and lots of energy to work
Dishwasher/prep cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2016
Gained experience in restaurants and learned how they operated "behind the scenes". Fast paced environments and friendly staff. Easy to gain experience in different parts of the kitchen.
Pros
Lots of productivity and experience in different areas of kitchen
Cons
Must have a lot of energy to keep up at times
Multi-tasking and getting the job done
Trainer/Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2016
Work days for me are typically busy from beginning to end for me which I enjoy. Whether I am prepping the bar for the day or waiting on guests there is always something to do. I enjoy all of the people that I work with and have a few friendships. Management just changed so we are all still getting to know one another.
A business that is truly like no place else.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 27, 2016
Extremely enjoy my career. Love everyone I work for and with. Have been with company for 17 years and have enjoyed every day. Great culture and atomsphere where work is fun and they dont take themselves seriously but take the food and service we give to the guest serious.
Great Company and People
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Texas TXJuly 14, 2016
Great Company with Great People. Fun Atmosphere and an amazing group of team members. Never bored, as life in a restaurant is always moving when hosting a dinner party!
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Great People to work with, fun and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Working holidays and weekends
horrible place, bad management, and noone knows what is going on
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 24, 2016
I loved working for this company, the first two years, the last three years were horrible. They could not keep management or employees! No one ever knew what was going on. I had to spend countless hours working over, because mangers would come in where ever they felt like it.
Great Job to have while going to school
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 17, 2016
it was a great experience, it help me while i was going to school, great place to build costumer service skills. skills that will be used in the future. it is also a great place if you are looking for a career in the restaurant industry
fast paced enviroment
MID MANAGER/FOH GUEST RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 2, 2016
Fast paced environment. Must be muti-tasked oriented and have a great positive guest relations attitude. I loved working at the Chili's Garland location. I had many regular guests due to my personality and passion to care for guests.
Pros
good fast income
Cons
fast paced and demanding
Beginning work career options
Assistant Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2016
This was my very first job at age 16 and stayed with this company for almost six years. It was a lot to learn for a first job, but I loved it. I moved around to many areas very quickly to gain experience in multiple levels of customer service.
Great compensation, upper management needs adjustment
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Pay is great for the job you do, gets better with improved performance. The crew you work with is like a family and even after a hard days work everyone is still friends. Hard to advance depending on your direct supervisor, it is not based on results but on who brown noses the most and this is evident in most cases. Long hours and but not hard, if you have a family it will turn into a stressful situation, unless you are used to long hours.
Pros
Free food, compensation, coworkers
Cons
Supervisors, lots and lots of brown nosing, lack of growth
Productive and Competitive work space
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 1, 2016
All of my coworkers were amazing. They were supportive and understanding. The work space was competitive and productive so time flies by. The night shift is where I belong on any roster.
great first job
Server and BOH help (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJune 3, 2016
Great first job while going to college.

Fine managers that cared and willing to help.

Ability to apply my college classes to work.

Flexible with college.
Pros
fun, free food
Cons
late hours
What I learned
Assist other Team Members (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 29, 2016
Chilis is a wonderful place to work it helped me with my customer service skills being able to interact with the guests as they share their experiences. Management in chili's need to be more responsible.
Fast paced, team centered environment
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 10, 2016
I enjoyed my interaction with guests and teammates. I decided to start a new career that I have a passion for. It is difficult to start a family with this schedule.
Pros
All the food you can desire
Cons
Working nights/ weekends/ holidays
Fast paced environment working with interesting individuals.
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 25, 2015
For my first job it was very fun and competitive. Although there was little training some of my co-workers gave me valuable tips and advice to help me improve. I enjoyed working with them and even helped out when possible, as for the management they were very understanding and were able to work with my school schedule. What I learned from this experience was to listen to my peers when they gave me constructive criticism, and time management.
Pros
One free meal per shift
Cons
little to no breaks, late night shifts
No comment.
Finance (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2016
I do not feel comfortable making specific comments.

Overall rating low. Good work life balance. Compensation and benefits are bad. No advancement opportunities. Does not treat employees well.
Great Company
Kitchen Manager Chili's Bar and Grill (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 2, 2016
responsible for making sure we are hitting our goals regarding sales, labor, training and coaching during all shifts in the restaurant.

Brinker International Reviews by Location