Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

BMS was an incredible company
Sr. Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 17, 2018
I worked for BMS for 17 years. I took an early retirement to go contract. I consider BMS to be one of the most ethical companies I have ever work for. BMS management was very supportive of the CRAs.
Pros
excellent management; excellent salary and benefits
Cons
no cons noted
Love working here
Global Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 16, 2018
- relaxed atmosphere
- friendly coworkers
- open working environment
- hardworking people
- great location
- meeting heavy culture
- people care about your development
Wonderful people, great benefits; company downsizing
Operations Analyst, U.S. Field Medical Operations (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJFebruary 9, 2018
I spent 13+ years at Bristol-Myers Squibb. My position was eliminated May 26, 1987. I was given a very nice severance package,

When BMS terminates someone due to downsizing, they are more than generous in providing severance and resources to help the person transition.

My main disappointment is that was I was unable to develop into any other areas my last 8 years. With my education and experience, I should have been able to make much more than I did.

That said, I have nothing but gratitude to BMS and am proud to have worked for this great company.
Pros
The People, the benefits, Work-life balance
Cons
Company downsizing overall
Family friendly
Executive Assistant/Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 9, 2018
At the time of my employment here it was an amazing place to work with a very good lifebalanceprogram lots of extras going on good discounts on their products and an awesome management team
Pros
Discounts
Cons
A lot of whining from secretatial staff
Stressful career
Analyst II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2018
no work life balance; expect to work 12-16 hr days. The company downsizes; employees are overextended. No job security or loyalty overall. Typical corporate environment.
Bms
Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJFebruary 9, 2018
Not looking to leave JLL but I am open to new opportunities if the arise. As a Facility Management company JLL is a fantastic. The BMS account that I manage covers multiple sites across the US and in Puerto Rico.
Chaotic Transformation at all Times
COMPLIANCE LEAD (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJFebruary 9, 2018
The company undergoes unreasonable transformations all the time, not considering its long-term impact. Technically equipped personnel are laid off and they end up hiring more costly consultants not only to do the work but to correct errors done. The management team is old, they have been there for years, old strategies are redressed as new, they go through the same cyclical motion.

On a positive note, the company offers very high compensation package in comparison to their peers, good benefits as well.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Strategy not looking at fundamentals, old management team
BMS is focused on the stockholders not its employees
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 8, 2018
The company's "family" pitch to potential employees is a farce. BMS is focused on their stockholders and not its employees. Very qualified management.
Pros
Management. Coworkers.
Cons
BMS is focused on their stockholders and not its employees.
Productive environment that allowed for independence and innovation.
Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 7, 2018
I worked in Oncology Global Clinical Research so there was no "typical" day at work. In addition to my regular responsibilities of answering phones, organizing domestic and international travel, preparing expense reports, I was also required to do project-specific activities. My direct manager was one of the most respected and fair people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was not getting drug approval after years' of hard work by the entire team. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work every day. I had hoped to retire from there.
Excellent biotechnology company
Quality Assurance Scientist (Current Employee) –  Manatí, PRFebruary 7, 2018
A productive and competitive industry, with products manufactured with the most high quality and commitment. The products are secure and effective. Is an organized company with comply with all regulatory agencies.
Great work environment
US Commercial Law & Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, NJFebruary 6, 2018
BMS is the way to go! If you are looking for an environment where you will experience growth as a person, and as a professional, I recommend BMS. Additionally, if you are looking for a place to form friendships with like-minded individuals, BMS is for you. the work is awesome, and the people, even more so. Take a chance with BMS.
Pros
Lots of free food, company events, etc.
Cons
None, in my opinion
Excelent pipeline
Engineering Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRFebruary 6, 2018
Good company to work, lack of career advancement. Too much procedures to make decisions in a timely manner. Good pipeline and saving live medicines. I would recommended.
Loved working for BMS
Paralegal & Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJFebruary 6, 2018
Busy, fast paced work environment. Many opportunities to learn new things.

Encouraged growth as a person and as a team.

Worked with great people.
BMS was an awesome place to work
Technical Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 6, 2018
I was very fortunate to have been hired and spent 22 very happy years with the company. I would be there still had they not outsourced the IT support department
good company work
Clinical Trial Associate (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJFebruary 6, 2018
don't have bad things to say about BMS. I would love to go back and work for them again.
they have a very open mind concept as well open space, plus awards for working the extra mile
Company does not keep its promises to the staff.
Supply Chain Replenishment Planner (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, N.J.February 6, 2018
Management did not keep its promise to me, even though it is in writing. Management has so many meetings that they can not keep to their own mantra of staring and ending on time.
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRFebruary 5, 2018
The company was a good employer with good benefits. I enjoyed the high-paced work environment and the customer/client exchange. It was a great learning experience.
Pros
educational
Cons
Supervised all aspects of of production.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 2, 2018
Supervised 1 to 2 shifts of production employees as well as working projects. Coached employees to help them succeed in desired advancement.
Worked with maintenance to keep production equipment up and producing top quality product.
Pros
Opportunity to work in new environment and different medical products.
Cons
Manager was high school drop out. Difficult to have any sort of win/win discussion with her.
Many opportunities to advance at Bristol-Myers Squibb
Senior Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJFebruary 1, 2018
There are many opportunities to advance within BMS. Manager is very helpful and resourceful to guiding you to a new career path.

The culture is the best.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast changing environment, nothing is status quo, and I do enjoy that very much.
Always new platforms to learn, or having the opportunity to participate in a cross training for 6 months.
very enjoyable work environment
Pharmacovigilance Intern (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 1, 2018
I was an unpaid intern at BMS so I can't truly evaluate the company. The environment was positive and the employees seems satisfied with benefits, management, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

Personal Development
2.9

Career Opportunities
2.9

Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight