Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

great place to work
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2017
This was a great place to work and one that always did what was best for the rep. They has a good training program. Management was good. The culture was one that changed over time with different CEOs.
Pros
work lfe balance and pay
Cons
coverage of meds
Life as a Contract
Assistant Quality Control Scientist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 19, 2017
It is extremely difficult to be treated as an equal among BMS employees as a contract. It is frustrating at times to not be able to take on equal responsibilities to prove your worth to the company. As a contract you are also thrown around on really undesirable days (weekends and constant shift changes) that throw off a comfortable work/life balance.
Bms
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 17, 2017
Great company to work for. Room for adancement. Global relations across country as well as across the globe. Most times dealing with cross globe management during budget season and if a situation occurs. Otherwise, work with laterals to ourselves to handle day to day and month to month transactions.
Pros
Auspicious work environment
Cons
Extremely high volume
BMS is the bomb
Wound Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 17, 2017
First experience out of college. Division was going through a lot of changes, great people and great support. Products are all very good and nice marketing dept
great place to learn and grow
Consultant / Sr. Unix System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJApril 17, 2017
it was my pleasure to work for BMS as consultant for 3 years. It was great team which I love to work with them, the team spirit is to share knowledge and fun, it is still my dream place to work
Pros
great people
Cons
n/a
It is a great experience
Feasibility Specialist Intern (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 15, 2017
I love the culture here and the opportunity to grow is eminent here. There is no strict/rude corporate culture. Working here is a wonderful experience. People here are welcoming and warm.
Software Internship (Former Employee) –  Humacao, PRApril 9, 2017

What I learned:

 Investigated and implemented useful SharePoint apps and features.
 Created SOP for users to understand how to use SP Online functionality and features.

 Organized and participated in reunions with local and international managers and directors that will be using the site.
 Yellow Belt Training
Pharmaceutical Sales
Territory Business Manager in Pharmaceutical Sales (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2017
My responsibilities were to build and maintain professional relationships with physicians and their staff to gain access and promote the products of which I represented. Over the course of 15 years, I interacted with a variety of physicians/residents and called on different types of facilities (teaching/community hospitals, termination clinics, ER's, psych wards,etc). And I launched 12 drugs (anitbiotics, anti-anxiety, anti-depressants,anti-migraine, anti-hyertensives, diabetic, oral contraceptives, estrogen hormones).
The culture and management all depended on who was the current District Manager.
The most difficult aspect of the job was sometimes not having access to the customer.
The best part was interacting with a variety of people and having some independence in my work.
Pros
Meeting people, using my medical knowledge, salary
Cons
Difficulty in seeing the client at times.
A changing company with a strong culture
Associate Director, CV, Sales and Access Learning (Current Employee) –  Princeton PikeApril 7, 2017
A lot of lifers. You either fit into the culture or you don't. God forbid if a mistake is made! A lot of tough personalities to deal with on a regular basis
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a great pharma company to work
Business Architect Process Modeler (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, NJApril 6, 2017
I have spent about the last year contracting at BMS and even though the company was and is still going through major transformations, my team and the work they did was tremendously satisfying.

I was respected and treated like a full-time employee as a contractor, which I have heard is uncommon. They expected a lot out of me and for me to quickly develop. My peers and managers gave me mentoring and guidance. However, I feel I was an exception as I was a pre-identified contractor and was reached out to about the contract from an internal team member.

For contractors and full time employees, I think the culture is very much enjoyable. The staff is wholly professional, the facilities are kept very tidy and, although it's a competitive environment, I never felt pushed around or on edge.
Pros
Very professional staff with high performance expectations
Cons
Cafeteria is a bit pricey. Strategic transparency from upper management, although unsure how much to expect in global corporations
Tremendous organization with a fantastic history of success.
Director, Strategic Development & Area Marketing (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 5, 2017
Well-established organization with a long history of success. Dynamic work environment with substantial opportunity for professional growth. Successful even with blended cultures.
Fun
Payroll Consultant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 4, 2017
Set responsibilities. I developed worksheet to payout United Way withholding and reconciled inter-company accounts. Hardest part was that I wasn't given opportunity to learn SAP database training. Most enjoyable part was timing. I could leave on time.
Pros
Discount store for their products.
Cons
Good benefits.
Not my favorite experience
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 2, 2017
This company bought the company I had worked for sixteen years. The corporate culture was not the same as the former company. I left the company for these reasons.
Fun place to work
Expenditure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2017
I would have to say that it has been a great learning experience. It is a fun place to work in, open environment, very modern, with excellent benefits. I had the opportunity to work in different projects and participate in stretch assignments with other departments as part of my development. I also loved the fact that the company allowed flexibility for working remotely.
Pros
Vacation time, option to work from home one day a week, healthcare
Interesting workplace in diverse group
Process Modeler / Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMarch 30, 2017
Business Architecture provides a blueprint of the enterprise that provides a common understanding of the organization and is used to align strategic objectives and tactical demands.
General Activities include but are not limited to Discovery, UML Modeling (Present and Future State), Pain Point Analysis, Development of Recommendations, Presentation to stakeholders.
Pros
New work type (Business Architecture) with a great group of people
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a great place to work
Associate Project Manager, Internal Communications (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 27, 2017
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a great place to work. Their culture and top notch employees are paramount.

The company encourages employees to be innovative and rewards them when they are.
BMS is very inovated company, too much opportunities to learn about science and new areas.
QA Scientist (Current Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRMarch 26, 2017
The best Biotechnology company to help people to improve the quality of life. I worked as an temporary employee but I was treated very well. I feel comfortable with the job and some opportunities were bring to me to learn new responsibilities. Is an excellent company to work.
Core Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 22, 2017
Nice environment, friendly, many opportunities to learn and good benefits. The schedule was well balanced, and there were no need to work on weekends.
See above
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 21, 2017
See Above for ratings. Company leaves one feeling like a number. I have worked for this company for 14 years and it has from a leadership standpoint gotten worse.
very fun place to work
Logistics Contractor (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJMarch 16, 2017
A very relaxing place to work with a lot of great people of all cultures.
Very diverse atmosphere with opportunities to advance in your current position. The management team ensures that their employees receive the best training to perform the role within your job description. There is always room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2