Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews in United States

Great Experience
Procurement Center of Excellence Co-Op (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMay 27, 2016
As a Co-Op I have witnessed great work/life balance here at BMS. The management is dependent on which functional area, but mine was very supportive. Advancement is a little tough as opportunities are heavily reliant on lucky timing.
Overworked and not enough manpower
ABD Analytical Research (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 23, 2016
Work never ends! My work day is busy until it's time to go home. Management expects you to put in extra hours to finish the work which makes it very difficult to have a work life balance.
Good Company
Learning Lead (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMay 23, 2016
Great colleagues and team members.
Benefits and work/life balance were good.
Decision-making is not quick.
Company has a great future vision to save patient lives.
Given our track record of performance and passion for patients
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMay 18, 2016
Given our track record of performance and passion for patients, I know we will live up to the high expectations placed on us in this new structure.
Great company very poor management
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 11, 2016
I have worked for Bristol- Meyers for many years now. Bristol- Myers is a great company to work for they have great benefits and descent pay. However Management at the Redwood City campus has drastically changed and has taken a turn for the worst. This is a company that I used to have pride in working for but the culture of this company has now changed. Management is very critical, negative and demeaning to their employees. They micro manage staff. Staff members used to be able to speak freely of how they feel and now are look down upon and treated as "bottom feeders" rather than equals. Management also is very double standard and are not held to the same accountability as other staff members. Many employees have left within the last 6 months. I hope that Administration back in New Jersey starts to see the trend of employees who have left and see the high turn over that is now taking place. This is NOT a company I would recommend working for any longer. Most employees who are still here are trying to find work elsewhere. I am not saying this because I am jaded by the management I say this as a warning to anyone looking to come on staff with BM Redwood city only. I love the company what they stand for and what they believe in but I do not agree with how management and the leaders are leading this team.
Pros
Free Lunches, Benefits, Descent Pay
Cons
A productive workplace and great team spirit
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMay 10, 2016
A typical day at BMS is fast paced, team oriented and group focused.
Management is great to work with and care about your development within the company. For the most part, I enjoyed my job because everyday was a different challenge. The most difficult part is when people move on and leave the group even though we always wish them well in their new endeavor.
Pros
Anything you need within the company is accessible. Summer Fridays
Cons
The traffice on Route 1
Great Place to Work
Principle Technical Investigator (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 10, 2016
Generally there is a lot of opportunity in Bristol Myers. Everyone is friendly and willing to help if you just ask.

The day to day entails plenty of scientific stimulation.
was a good place to work
Global Process Owner - Indirect Orders (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 6, 2016
The Tampa locations was great to work at. The site manager tries very hard to show the employees appreciated. Open concept was hard at first, but got easier.
excelente company for workers
Industrial Hygiene Chemist (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 2, 2016
Very good working environment, beneficts, and employee training. Medical, dental, and eyes insurance.
working as a team worker or as individual, good communications.
Pros
very good beneficts
Cons
sometimes a lot of volume of work
good place to work
Assistant Scientist-M.A.D (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJApril 26, 2016
its a decent work environment. they are very conscious of caring for their employees safety. and filler to meet the 20 word minimum blh blah blah
Fun Environment
Senior Financial Analyst R&D (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 20, 2016
I was always on top of everything, challenging environment. Management is very good. Colleagues are very helpful. A typical day at this organization is fun, because there's always something to do.
Great Work Environment
Research Scientist II (PSS) (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 20, 2016
BMS is a fantastic company to work for. They provide an excellent environment with opportunity to grow. The company has an excellent work/life balance and is always considerate of your personal needs.
Awesome Company
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2016
Rated one of the best companies to work in Tampa, Fl.
The facility is top notch and location is perfect.The collaborative environment allows you to work independently and alongside a team of experts.
Benefits
Great company
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 6, 2016
Great company to work for, great work-life balance, smart and very driven colleagues. Very promising pipeline that makes everybody more energetic, and this is palpable. Management is reasonable on work demands. A bit bureaucratic - but that's probably because of the very regulated environment.
Interesting Role
US, Puerto Rico, Canada Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2016
Interesting opportunity

Great Work Environment

Team very skilled.

Case Management Responsibility

Learned a lot

Great location
Pros
Teamwork
Payroll clerk, (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 26, 2016
This is were I was taught all about Micro Soft Word and Office Management. Would send me to classes to learn what I needed to know about my job and how to do it well.
Friendly employees
JBOSS/Middleware Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJMarch 25, 2016
we had very good friendly employee and we shared everything to complete project in given time, and we were enjoyable to part of job in office floor
Rewarding and fun place to work.
Sr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMarch 21, 2016
Individuals I worked with in my most recent assignment, were fun,trustworthy individuals who had the best interest of the team in mind.

There was a good work/life balance.

It was a fun learning experience, where I was able to increase my knowledge and build upon my skills.
Productive and Innovative Environment
Post-Graduate Fellow (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMarch 12, 2016
Typical day at work involves medical promotional review, fulfillment of medical information inquiries, ad-hoc projects, and collaboration with broader matrix team.
Great Place To Work At
Learning Management Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2016
The company is focused on their employees and provide benefits and opportunities for growth to all Full time employees. I love working here and have learned so much in my role.
Pros
Flexible hours and OT opportunities
Cons
Hired as Contractor and hard to move to FT

4.2