Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

Benefits are pretty reasonable
Senior Research Investigator II (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 1, 2018
I didn't feel challenge working in BMS and most days were relaxing.
I learned some new knowledge from seminars and group presentations. I also learned advanced flowcytometry and principles of panel design.
My most enjoyable part working in BMS is team work. We had very good working relationship.
The hardest part in BMS is the pool laboratory conditions. The lab is crowded and instruments need to be upgraded.
The quick brown fox
Project Manager for the Green Labs (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 31, 2018
Overall, the job was good but the character minimum is brutal The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The cow also jumped over the moon, but it was much slower than the dog.
Ok, enjoy the time there
Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 31, 2018
Learned a lot over several years and it was a great experience. There was a significant management turnover which wasn't for the better. Ending up with a lack of caring for employees.
Pros
Learned a lot over several years and it was a great experience.
Cons
Ending up with a lack of caring for employees.
Only downside was contract with Otsuka
Sr. Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJanuary 31, 2018
Great culture. Professional environment. Difficult collaboration on promoted product with parent company. Management and expectations were fair. Targeted bonus structure could have been a bit more realistic in that there was to much variation from one quarter to the next.
not very organized
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJJanuary 29, 2018
I worked for a vendor at Bristol Myers. employees not empowered to make decisions all decision by committee most meeting had 20-30 participants. manager was micro-managing everyone most employees afraid of manager, not a leader. many contractors left before contracts ended. No organized project management lots of what I call 'Engineering in the back of the bus' over topics and issues that should have been covered much earlier in the project planning cycle.
Enjoyed my tenure
Executive Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 28, 2018
I had opportunities to work on many different projects and enjoyed watching myself grow over the last 20 years. I learned all my skills and developed a career in the legal field while working for BMS. I am truly thankful for everything they provided for me.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Restructures
A beautiful Campus and proud to work at such a site.
Manager of Reception (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 28, 2018
I started working at Bristol Myers Squibb as a Secretary. I realized that I was a people person and changed my position to Front Desk Receptionist at Corporate Headquarters in Lawrenceville, N.J.

In 4 years I was promoted to Manager of Reception. Training the new receptionist was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people at the front desk everyday.
My years at BMS
Executive Assistant, VP, Head of OCO&S (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 25, 2018
My tenure at BMS has been wonderful and I will be taking with me so many skills. I really wished they weren't leaving Connecticut because there is so much talent in Wallingford, CT.
Onsite Cafe.
It Concierge Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 22, 2018
Troubleshoot Laptop hardware and windows software and resolve in a short period of time. Client's are very meeting and time concentric. Can be stressful at times when there are more client's than technicians.
Pros
Friendly Clientele
Cons
Have to learn new technologies being rolled out on your own.
very competitive environment
Pharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Most fun part of the job was that everyday was different. I met lot of different people: Physicians, Nurses, Administrators, Pharmacists and after a while developed relationships with them. It was a sales job so was very competitive, but very civil. Got to go to dinners, tennis matches, local plays, baseball games. Lot of paperwork and keeping inventory control of samples was the hard part but very doable.
Pros
helpful managers and colleagues
Cons
depressed if not hit your weekly or monthly numbers

Want to know more about Bristol-Myers Squibb?

Ask a question
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  HumacaoJanuary 19, 2018
Fast paced environment and you have the opportunity to learn a LOT of systems. As with most manufacturing, workplace culture has long work hours. The team I work for is the greatest.
Pros
Workteam
Good work, while it lasts.
IT Collaboration Management (Former Employee) –  Princeton PikeJanuary 19, 2018
I loved the work and the employees. The thing about BMS is that reorganizations occur almost yearly, which makes long-term job security (at least in IT) a bit dubious.
Pros
Nice work environment.
Cons
Frequent re-orgs.
Not the best place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 19, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Bristol-Myers Squibb at the beginning. However, there are definitely individuals that work for the company that can change that perspective.
Excellent work place to work
Co op - Global Procurement (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 17, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed the brief period over which I worked at BMS. Excellent company which gives due importance to its employees and take efforts to retain talented work pool.
People are friendly and helpful
VETERNARIAN TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 17, 2018
The People are great working together very helpful and always pushing each other to work harder. Although the new Management Team that was hired to come in had no answers to anyone's questions to where we would have to wait Months for an answer, Management would get upset if "too many" questions asked. other than that its a good place to work.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Management never got along.
Excellent Work Environmeny
Senior Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJanuary 15, 2018
Senior Account Manager
Training
Meetings
Webcasts
Travel
Pros
Benefits and Team Environment
Cons
Great manager and wonderful employees
Environmental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 15, 2018
Position was through a staffing agency but overall great work culture with flexible work and school schedule. Provided training for new employees and seniors were always available to answer questions.
Work as a Consultant
Senior Validation Scientist (Current Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRJanuary 15, 2018
Work as a Consultant in different Engineering projects and was an excellent experience in terms of the associates uo the directors treatment and knowledge. Highly recommenden place to work.
Cons
Loved my Division & stayed because of all the great people
SENIOR TERRITORY BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 13, 2018
PROs:
*Selling skills
*Business Planning
*Routing
*Implememnation of new technologies
*Well trained in disease state (NOT THE CASE ANYMORE IN PHARMA)
*Management from top down ebbed and flowed but had some great mentors as DMs
*Great benefits

(BEST PEOPLE/LONG LASTING FRIENDSHIPS)

CONS:
*Sales data needs to be overhauled
*CEOs weren't the best
* 75% of VP of Sales were top notch
*75% of Regional Managers were top notch
*Problem people many times were promoted instead of booted out
*HR DEPARTMENT was not someone who reps could go to always sided with MGRS
Pros
Sales Training, Sales Info
Cons
HR Department
Great Company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 12, 2018
Great job with benefits and growth options, I was just too young to realize the opportunity afforded to me and couldn't see the future. Wish I would have stayed with this company.
Pros
Compensation, Opportunity
Cons
May not be able to choose your place of residence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2