Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

Great Company
Director Organizational Effectiveness (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 12, 2017
Fast-paced, ever changing organization that is focused on saving patients. Dedicated employees that care about their work and really focus on providing quality products to the customer.
See above
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 21, 2017
See Above for ratings. Company leaves one feeling like a number. I have worked for this company for 14 years and it has from a leadership standpoint gotten worse.
Productive workplace
Project Clinical Trials Associate, GCO&S Dept (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 7, 2016
Very productive workplace. There's colleague collaboration and work/life balance. There's flexible work options too.
Good work environment
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 27, 2016
Good work environment. Variety of laboratory equipment: GC, HPLC, dissolution apparatuses, UV/Vis spectrophotometers, IR spectrophotometers, particle size analyzer.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Long commute
Pays well, but closing the Wallingford, CT site by 2018
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 14, 2015
BMS is competitive in salary with Pfizer, Borhinger, etc., but management has allowed stock to drop more than other pharma companies. People working there are very nice, but some managers are not very understanding with health or childcare issues. I guess that really depends on individuals. Benefits are good.
Pros
Pays well, and has opportunities to move up if you play the corporate game, in addition to working hard.
Cons
Management could be more attentive to prevent culture of "Clicks" and if one doesn't want to join, then a person is ostracized.
An employer that overworks its employees and does not provide equal opportunity for advancement/employment
Product Manager, ERBITUX Marketing (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJAugust 22, 2013
This is an employer that overworks its employees by maintaining an inefficient culture plagued by inefficient policies, procedures, and excessive meetings. In addition, it is an excessively relationship-based company, which results in a proliferation of cliques and favoritism. Lastly, this is not a company that appreciates and values diversity, as demonstrated by it's extremely low level of African American, Latino, and Asian representation, and even lower advancement into management ranks. On a positive note, I was compensated adequately over the five years I was with the company.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Excessive hours, non-inclusive, discriminatory culture
Not a bad place to work
Senior Art Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2013
This is a company that was once a leader in the industry and I was hired at that time. They were diversified and had four core business areas: pharmaceutical, nutritional, medical device and consumer products; now they only have one.
When I was employed there, the work/life balance was nonexistent. There was very little interest in advancing their people, which was a shame, since most of my colleagues were highly qualified professionals. A little old fashioned, they took a long time to embrace new media. I also noticed that they kept some people they should have let go and they let go people they should have kept during the required layoffs.
Pros
high standards, pretty good benefits
Cons
no advancement or work/life balance
Great-science based company
1) Commercial Director (Former Employee) –  Dominican Republic & CaribbeanOctober 26, 2016
BMS is a company with long-standing reputation on knowledge of brand science. Excellent training department. Pipeline is well diversify and has the team on place to have effective product launches.
Pros
Great product launch expertise
Cons
Perception of high employee turnover
Good Company; Job Not Right Fit for Me
Tape Librarian (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJAugust 6, 2014
I have nothing against the pharmaceutical company Bristol-Myers Squibb. However, I am looking for another job due to the work slowing down in my three years of current position and job doesn't match my education background. Took position because the employment agency was the only one to call me back when applying. Now, I am trying to get out. Rated Job Culture (3 Stars) because I only see the same couple people every day, even when working overtime due to vacation coverage. Rated Job Security/Advancement as (2 Stars) because of a new contract with unknown details and there is zero advancement in my current role. Supervisor rarely has extra work for me to perform when I am done with daily tasks.
Pros
Close to Home; Good Benefits
Cons
Near Zero Social Interaction in Building; Not Much Work
It depends who you work for...
marketing and advertising services member (Current Employee) –  NJJuly 1, 2012
My department
Director does not model the core behaviors. Procedures are not rigorously followed and subjective even though it is well documented. Praise in general is not extended on a frequent enough basis even for outstanding performance. However, small mistakes are magnified and made an issue of.

There is not enough time to get things done. Director settles for good enough so that we can accomplish more.

Overall
The pay and the benefits are very good. The culture is very nice. The product and mission are honorable.

Raises are low, typically 2%/yr. Layoffs are frequent with large layoffs annually.
Pros
work from home, training and development, culture, mission and commitment, location, facility
Cons
layoffs, low raises, too much work load

Want to know more about Bristol-Myers Squibb?

Ask a question
A challenging work environment
Associate Research Scientist II (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 2, 2016
The company is continuously evolving. I enjoy my job but feel as though my department may be losing head count and do not feel as secure as I have for the past 10 years.
Excellent Company
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJNovember 16, 2016
Great company and staff. It taught me how to handle customers needs with special needs. I truly had a very strong connection with the managers and supervisors... I truly loved the company.
work and life is very good combination in BMS
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 5, 2016
Very good company to work with. BMS takes care of it's employee
Usually BMS doesn't lay off people. Working at BMS is very stable
Excellent Place to Work
Director (Former Employee) –  Washinton DCMarch 3, 2015
Bristol Myers Squibb provided an enjoyable and productive work place environment. The issues were most rewarding in that they involved different countries, cultures and personalities on a very frequent basis. My colleagues were diverse, secure in their positions and knowledgeable about the work they performed on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to the most ravaged parts of southern Africa, helping mothers and children who were most impacted by HIV/AIDS. Bristol, the African governments and the will of the people- all working together-helped to transform the face of Aids, from one of hopelessness and despair to hopefulness and encouragement.
Pros
Great employment benefits
Cons
n/a
Great company with an exponential amount of work in the pipeline but employee needs are not met
Clinical Trials Associate (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 28, 2015
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an incredible company to work with and clearly values you as an employee by recognizing your work and giving opportunities in advancement given that you have a manager that takes the effort to recognize it.
Pros
Job security, benefits
Cons
Management needs to be more involved.
Great people who are truly dedicated to a culture of compassion and innovation.
Assistant Veterinary Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 8, 2016
I have worked here for over 10 years. In that time I have had many opportunities to learn new skills and have been promoted 4 times. I enjoy the people I work with as we all share a vision of compassionate animal care while still completing important animal research.
Very Productive and fun place to work
Divisional Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Mirada CASeptember 12, 2012
Bristol Mayers was a blessing for me, great Company to work, great benefits, typical day, seat at my desk, check for new phone messages, prioritize my work load, since I was a Divisional Service Rep. I will be in charge to help other desks when in need. Bristol Myers had several different companies incorporated, I was trained to handle any and all different account when needed. I learn so much at this company, and I was very greatful. Management was the best. The hardes part of this job was keeping my own load work down since I always was helping on somebody else desk, I will have to stay after work to catch up with my own loads. the most enjoyable part of this job, Recognition and Benefits, the best. The co-workers we all were like a family, we celebrated birthdays, baby showers, aniversaries, on fridays most of the office employees Including managers will meet for the happy hour.
Great people, great company
Senior SAP Helpdesk & Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 21, 2013
BMS is the best place I ever worked. Discrimination of any kind is not tolerated. Management is friendly and approachable and your co-workers become good friends. The benefits package is one of the best. At the time I was there from 2001 to 2009, they matched 80% of your 401K contributions up to 6%. The medical insurance package is exceptional. They offer free life insurance, short-term, long-term disablility, maternity AND paternity leave, bereavement leave,stock options, you name it. They used to give us full PAID time off for Christmas break, from December 24th until January 2nd, but that stopped a year after I got hired.
Pros
Friendly workplace. Great benefits.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Great company to work for and life saving products
Senior Hospital Business Manager (Former Employee) –  PittsburghOctober 20, 2015
I found the job to be very rewarding. The most difficult part of the job is having limited access to physicians.
Company is very respected in the medical community and I was able to bring value to physicians and patients.
Pros
Great benefits and rewards for efforts
Cons
lower level management
Productive and ever evolving place
Compliance Consultant, Quality and Audit (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJSeptember 21, 2016
A lot to learn, limited but precise guidance, continuous performance, great co-workers, team spirit, awesome inter location communication setup, easy communication with global teams, flexible schedule.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
long meetings via digital mode

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2