Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fast pace workplace
Inoculum Technologist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse NY 13104August 20, 2015
Most employees at work were very much interconnected throughout departments. I learned how to manage my time and keep a set schedule for how work was going to flow for the day. I also learned that my job required a lot of flexibility since everyday could be a wild card based on mechanical problems occuring or human error taking place. Management was strong and customer oriented.
The beginning of my pharmaceutical career!
Region Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2015
I loved this job as well as the people! A ton of opprtunities to grow and advance! No two days alike! Lots of responsibility!
Pros
free education opportunities and worked remotely
Cons
No cons for BMS!
Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) is a global BioPharma company
Validation Analyst / Quality Tester (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2015
As a validation engineer I had validated various analytical and medical equipments such as GC, Mass spectrometers, HPLC, Total Nitrogen Analyzers and Plate readers in compliance with 21 CFR Part 11, 210 and 211. Used SQL LIMS as a central laboratory management system to keep track of all the laboratory equipment activities.
Nice company to work for but these days the culture is changing and is difficult to say what is it becoming
Sales and Marketing Compliance & Ethics (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJAugust 7, 2015
Good company to work. At the beginning there were opportunities that helped developed my career.
Then the company started decreasing its size at the time it started its Corporate Integrity Agreement. I had a job with responsibilities directly linked to the company's CIA. Three years after the end of the CIA the Compliance Department reorganized and my job was eliminated.
Pros
Summer hours, work from home if needed
Cons
Too political
Great place to work.
Associate Research Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 6, 2015
It is a great place to work, but they are closing the CT site unfortunately for me and a bunch of other people.

Did I mention they are closing the CT site?
Bms
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2015
excellent manager, long hours, good benefits and compensation. Enjoyed the territory, lots of paperwork to comply with FDA requirements.
Pros
Manager
Cons
access
Good company but not willing to hire employees who require training
Senior EHS Specialist Associate (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 30, 2015
Good company but not willing to hire employees who require training. They prefer to hire scientists who come in hitting the ground running instead.
Great Place to Work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 28, 2015
Excellent management and co-workers. Job was very easy. Learned to enter Case Report forms into the system prior to scanning. Identify quality issues that may arise. PC imaging.

This was a Temporary Job.
Great place to work! Cool building and gea
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2015
Bristol Myers is a great company to work for and the facility is beautiful and state of the art! The building has some really fun work stations. The company has lots of opportunities for growth.
Pros
Free lunches, good training, and great people
Execellent company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 19, 2015
A typical day is busy interacting with various colleagues within the company to assist in approving studies for start up. Management is great and I learned a lot about study development, approvals and many other aspects of study drugs.

Coworkers were helpful in assisting with projects, etc. The hardest part of the job was adhering to deadlines of the clinical community. I enjoyed the learning aspect and attending meetings to approve studies.
Pros
Great healthcare
It was a good friendly place to work.
Group Leader/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 17, 2015
We did a lot of work. people always worked together. My job was the same as working with JCI but BMS out sourced us to JCI. Thats when things got bad.
Pays well, but closing the Wallingford, CT site by 2018
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 14, 2015
BMS is competitive in salary with Pfizer, Borhinger, etc., but management has allowed stock to drop more than other pharma companies. People working there are very nice, but some managers are not very understanding with health or childcare issues. I guess that really depends on individuals. Benefits are good.
Pros
Pays well, and has opportunities to move up if you play the corporate game, in addition to working hard.
Cons
Management could be more attentive to prevent culture of "Clicks" and if one doesn't want to join, then a person is ostracized.
Very good experience
Supply Chain Project Manager (Former Employee) –  PRJuly 13, 2015
Very good experience and Job Work Life Balance. Management culture good to follow. Co-workers were as part of a family.
Great work place for research
Associate Scientist, PPD Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 6, 2015
Highly experience senior scientists and very professional colleagues. In addition, Fun to work at, with monthly social networking, toast masters etc.
innovative
Veterinary Science Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 4, 2015
Bristol Myers Squibb is a very innovative company always searching for new ways to complete the daily job at hand. They are always changing as the times change. The benefits are great, the company is always focusing on their employees and what they can do to make the daily job easier for the employees to complete.
Data Specifications Manager (DSM) (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 30, 2015
Plenty of room for career advancement or cross training with other departments. Supportive management. Great benefits. Company is moving to a patient focused paradigm resulting in compressed timelines for deliverables. Can be stressfull juggling multiple projects.
Pros
Benefits, Work/Life Balance, Co-Workers, Career Path/Advancement
Cons
Can be stressfull at times
Know what you are getting into, always.
Senior Business Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2015
Senior Business Information Analyst - salary range is $55k, for a senior, which is low. This might be expected for a Business Information Analyst.
work life balance
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  PlainsboroJune 23, 2015
A good company to work. Experience may be different for each individual. you need to sometimes go above and beyond, and learn to be self motivated
Pros
work life
Cons
limited career advancement for some
good overallexperience for the 25 years with BMS
Senior Territory Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCJune 18, 2015
I currently work for Bioventive selling Suregene a genetic test for mental health. The experience I got from BMS allowed me to be successful in this job. I call on psychiatrists and work for myself. I enjoy this independence but miss the benefits that BMS offered.
Pros
independence
Cons
no benefits
I'm a person responsible and i learn fast.
Inspection & Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Manati,Puerto RicoJune 16, 2015
in a tipical day i have a responsabolity to take out the lot with any error and importan with Quality. In my room we are a team and we have a good comunication.

4.2