Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

Great place to excell and spread your wings,,, you are encouraged at every step to do more and more each day..
CREDIT RISK & FINANCIAL SERVICE SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 14, 2017
Great people, great culture.. great benefits.. a great place to work and gain experiemce. wonderful proving ground for yourself to start out and gain experience
Pros
yearly bonus 4 day summer weeks
Cons
none..
Not horrible, not great
Analytical Development (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJJune 14, 2017
Job culture is very diverse and engaging. Company portfolio is promising and opportunities are seemingly plentiful. Management has a difficult time recognizing talent and providing advancement opportunities. Politics play a big role in promotional opportunities.

Pay scale is competitive but work life balance for many is challenging based on the work flow. Uneven distribution of responsibility and a lack of accountability are constant issues.
Pros
growing company, many local locations and opportunities
Cons
work-life balance is challenging, management is political
It was not a fun making movie in the works
Actress (Former Employee) –  Bristow, OKJune 14, 2017
I'm not a child abuser so the part I stared in was a mental challenge for me,I would lay awake at night unable to sleep at times wondering what could cause a parent to have that kind of behavior to a loved one,and would prey that I would never become a mother like that, ever,I love my children and thank God for them, and ask the Lord to keep harm from them in an form.I have to say I think comady,romance, or fantasy' would suit me much better, and my contiants.
Pros
Wardrobe
Cons
Vielance, wardrobe
No longer the darling against cancer
enabling functions (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 13, 2017
Company has changed significantly the last year. Transformation has negatively impacted morale across the company. Rumors of bms being sold or broken up persist. There are increased workloads with fewer and fewer people to do the work. In addition to workloads, slow decision making, poor prioritization and yet the need for everything to be perfect make for tough and long days.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Leadership too focused upward, less and less care given to all employees
Best Place to Work 2016
Project Coordinator - Field Force Management (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2017
I am a contractor at BMS, but I can say being a contractor here is unlike any other assignment I have had. The management staff and team members instantly make you feel welcome and everyone is eager to help the new person succeed. I have been on this contract for a year and I love it. Management also encourages Contractors to review open jobs on the company website and apply should the skill set match.

I definitely am a fan of BMS.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Limited over time options for contractors.
Why is Indeed now making me rate all my employers, this is insane
Institutional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJune 7, 2017
I really am not enjoying having to type 150 characters about how I don't care for this process that indeed has started when all I want to do is search for a job.
BMS is a great pharma company to work with
Principal System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJJune 5, 2017
I like the management culture of the company, the job work/life balance, and relatively relaxed environment. They treat woman and people with a different culture nicely.
BMS is a great place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 5, 2017
I have been working at BMS at Nassau for more than a years. I like the facility, cafeteria, the great meeting room. The workplace culture is great and the manager is great!
Job Review
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 27, 2017
This company has a family environment and the staff members work well together. The company is growing and building profits. The overall company is a good company to work for.
So long ago but good memories
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 26, 2017
Great training program and continuous people development. Products were not market leaders but were supported. Traditional sales approach which may no longer exist.
Help Desk Analyst
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJMay 25, 2017
I worked there as a contractor. They gave me a light training and training time, the team I worked with was great, alll team players. However, the management could be better ....
Best people to work with
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 23, 2017
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a great organization because of the sales training program, I felt very well prepared to execute each of the tasks I was given, and I exceeded each of my objectives
Pros
Great training
Company's focus is Oncology. Their programs are intense and complex.
Senior Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 19, 2017
Company focus is Oncology trials. These trials could last for great lengths of time. Exposure and deliverables (mainly in the form of meeting timelines) contribute to yearly reviews.
Pros
BMS provides good training
Cons
Once established in a study, it can be difficult to switch to other areas of Oncology trials
Great enviroment to work in..
Process Mechanic/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJMay 17, 2017
Very low stress, but highly competitive environment. Would recommend this company to anyone seeking a position with a company who cares for their workers.
Pros
Management, and healthcare.
Cons
site stability..
Young bosses
Assistant Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 15, 2017
I loved the work and all that went with it. I eagerly waited for the research work I performed and the challenges that it supplied.

Late in 2008 a shift from employee to employer culture took place. I was unfortunate to have a less than 1 year of experience leader assigned to a high productive group and they single handily destroyed the work environment.

The mistake was realized in 2012 and a seasoned Development leader was placed in management.
Pros
work challenges
Cons
young PH.Ds
Smart, great people
Technical Project Manager, Disaster Recovery (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 13, 2017
Loved every minute of working for them. Was appreciated for my work, base of expertise, and skill set, wghich was considerably different than those around me.
Pros
Independence, respect, flexiibility
Cons
Wasn't a full time employee
Its a good company to work for
Sr Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMay 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time with BMS. They acquired my previous company. The transition was really easy. The maintained my salary and bonus levels. Upper management did not change. Most change occurred at higher levels.
Pros
Nice cafiteria
Great Company!
Category Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARMay 12, 2017
Working for BMS/Clairol was great! I gained a wealth of experience and knowledge that prepared me for my continuing career. Excellent work environment that promoted a healthy work/family balance.
No structure
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJMay 9, 2017
Very poorly ran and very unorganized there is absolutely no structure the staff does what they want no calls no show no discipline action all of the employees be forced to work double even if they dont want too
Pros
No pros
Cons
Cant keep staff alot of no calls no show
Fun Place to Work in Virology
Senior Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 2, 2017
Exciting and fast-paced. Each division is different, but where I worked was great. Management varied with each person, but that is to be expected anywhere you work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2