Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation Employee Reviews

Big work load for every worker with few resources to help patients.
Licensed Master Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKOctober 4, 2017
When manager was asked for help with work load the answer was they didn't have a budget for helper. Training; learn as you go. Rural area; few resources
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Work load is huge.
patient care
Travel Technician (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKSeptember 16, 2017
Make reservations for a patient or an employee. Make the reservations that work for them by calling the airline or making them online. For an employee calculate per diem or subsistence checks before they travel. Follow policy and procedure and management is very helpful in those areas if not completely familiar. Everyone nice and friendly, learning how to calculate per diem can be a little tricky at first but gets easy after a while. When there is a birthday almost every time you will be invited to grab a plate.
Pros
go for a nice walk on your lunch break
Cons
never know when you'll get sick
nice place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKSeptember 6, 2017
it was really fun, had nice co-workers, but my night time supervisor didnt understand the line between work related stuff and personal stuff. he made me unconfortable
Pros
meal ticket
Cons
night time supervisor was intrusave
Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation was my most favorite organization to work for.
Travel Technician (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKFebruary 13, 2017
My work experience started at BBAHC, which is located in Dillingham, AK. I spent 5 years working for the health corporation. I felt extremely blessed to be able to work and become friends with staff from many different departments.
fun work place
A/R Tech (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKAugust 19, 2016
hard work always pays off, you have to make sure your on time and that you know how to do your job correctly. you dont have to be fast paced, but you have to make sure you can learn your job quickly
Pros
great pay and fun
Cons
a little bit too stern
Worked with members of the community
Case Management Support (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKJanuary 22, 2015
Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation is a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of working there is working with the community in a hospital setting. The hardest part of the job I found to be is when coworkers do not show up for work.
You have to love bush life!
CIO Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Dillingham AlaskaNovember 17, 2014
It is the best fishing and hunting in North America!
No roads no malls no McDonalds LOL ... to me that was great!
Very expensive to live there and takes a day each way (with good weather) to go anywhere! So pay is not enough to cover the extra cost of living there unless that is what you want!
Challenging location but everyone there is there to make a difference! You either work or play or get out of the way!
Pros
Hunting and fishing
Cons
Expensive if you try to live like you are in the rest of the world!
Productive, busy work place
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKMay 29, 2014
I have never had a boring work day. There is always something to do, if not my own work there is always opportunity to help others in the office. I have learned how to work with patients, customers, and to be a positive role model to others. I love working with people and make people feel they have been helped and to feel important. I enjoyed my co-workers, they have been helpful and patient with me learning new things on the computer. Some days were hard especially working with frustrated customers but was always able to come to a conclusion to the problem,whatever it may be. I really enjoyed the work atmosphere. I love working and helping others as much as I can, with what knowledge I have in the job that I am doing. I have a positive attitude and communicate well with others.
Awesome exprience to live in Alaska
Revenue Cycle Manager (Former Employee) –  Dillingham AlaskaApril 30, 2014
Challenging in a positive manner. Learned to live in a very humble manner.
Great nursing staff
Manager of Nursing Services (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 28, 2014
In spite of a relatively young nursing staff, they continue to provide excellent nursing care. A great NURSING staff.
Truly an experience to work in the Alaskan "bush."
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dillingham,AKAugust 25, 2013
Team atmosphere with a great supervisor welcoming you. The native population is generally loving and friendly to those new to the area.