Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
fun work place
A/R Tech (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKAugust 19, 2016
hard work always pays off, you have to make sure your on time and that you know how to do your job correctly. you dont have to be fast paced, but you have to make sure you can learn your job quickly
Pros
great pay and fun
Cons
a little bit too stern
Worked with members of the community
Case Management Support (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKJanuary 22, 2015
Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation is a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of working there is working with the community in a hospital setting. The hardest part of the job I found to be is when coworkers do not show up for work.
You have to love bush life!
CIO Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Dillingham AlaskaNovember 17, 2014
It is the best fishing and hunting in North America!
No roads no malls no McDonalds LOL ... to me that was great!
Very expensive to live there and takes a day each way (with good weather) to go anywhere! So pay is not enough to cover the extra cost of living there unless that is what you want!
Challenging location but everyone there is there to make a difference! You either work or play or get out of the way!
Pros
hunting and fishing
Cons
expensive if you try to live like you are in the rest of the world!
Productive, busy work place
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKMay 29, 2014
I have never had a boring work day. There is always something to do, if not my own work there is always opportunity to help others in the office. I have learned how to work with patients, customers, and to be a positive role model to others. I love working with people and make people feel they have been helped and to feel important. I enjoyed my co-workers, they have been helpful and patient with me learning new things on the computer. Some days were hard especially working with frustrated customers but was always able to come to a conclusion to the problem,whatever it may be. I really enjoyed the work atmosphere. I love working and helping others as much as I can, with what knowledge I have in the job that I am doing. I have a positive attitude and communicate well with others.
Awesome exprience to live in Alaska
Revenue Cycle Manager (Former Employee) –  Dillingham AlaskaApril 30, 2014
Challenging in a positive manner. Learned to live in a very humble manner.
Truly an experience to work in the Alaskan "bush."
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dillingham,AKAugust 25, 2013
Team atmosphere with a great supervisor welcoming you. The native population is generally loving and friendly to those new to the area.

4.3