BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE

BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Tough to be an Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Fall River, MAApril 1, 2015
Pros: great student body, facilities, union and good payment of contract
Cons: politics and poor advancement of adjuncts, union needs help
The majority of students do their work and completed assignments that lead to passing grades.

Some students, maybe one or two in a class, want special permission or want to have an exception to the class structure or
grading to improve their scores. If they are not satisfied, they find ways to defame without cause.

Many students have issues and in order to improve their performance, behavior has to be taken into consideration. Tutoring one on one or group sessions help to define the knowledge and skills necessary to preform well on test or to complete a project. Some students do well, while others figure out to directly or indirectly improve their grades.

It is when a student uses indirect methods to improve their grades that puts an instructor in harms way. Many instructors adjust to comply with student wishes, some are informed they will not be considered for rehire. Adjuncts are on contract or work as contractors, the college does not have to hire you.

Many in Administration would probably agree, the student is paying the bills and that is the way things should be run? Except, when in the end, the student suffers from a false sense of accomplishment or does poorly in professional school to become a nurse or technician.

But by then, it is on the student, they got what they wanted from the college, the responsibility is on the student after they leave.

So I would evaluate this college as trying to do the best thing for its interest.
voluntary
Student embassador (Former Employee), Fall River, MAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: during college hours helping
Cons: making sure students had all the help to enrol and stay in college
voluntary work
orientating and incentivizing new students
Productive and fun workplace to work for.
Technical Assistant I (Former Employee), Fall River, MASeptember 12, 2014
I had a lot of exchange server support and trouble shooting, installed hardware and software, either remotely or on-site. Evaluated product's' performance to ensure that the design meets required specifications. Performed product software operational check and set up and fixed network printers, copiers. I also created and deployed Symantec Ghost.
Great Learning Experience for College Students
Student Worker (Former Employee), Fall River, MAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good learning experience, hard work
Cons: long days. not much of break
While taking courses at Bristol Community College we were able to sign up for special functions that were held. Within these functions we learned a lot about our careers in the food industry. We learned about working the front of the house jobs and the back of the house. We got a real taste of what life would be like in those areas after school was over. It was accommodated in pay and free food. The hardest part was that a lot of the functions were on weekends where most of us had to work other jobs or they were after long school days.
It was great I loved it my boss was amazing. It was great pay for someone right out of high school.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJune 24, 2014
excellent higher ed 2 yr public
Director of Administrative Computing (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJune 9, 2014
great place to work
dedicated staff
significant changes in a brief period of time
Great Place to Work
Solidworks Student (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJune 1, 2014
Audited class at Bristol Community College. Laid back and enjoyable. Learned the most out of the class.
sales associate
Office Clerical (Former Employee), Fall River, MAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: there are no cons
Work study program. Provided support to the Dean of Mathematics. Provided Microsoft office support, copy and filing support, answered phone and forwarded calls as applicable
COLLEGE YAY
Receptionist (Former Employee), FALL RIVER, MAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: arrogant college professors
I WAS A COLLEGE STUDENT NEEDED WORK DID A WORK STUDY END OF THE STORY.
its a nice place to work
Tutor (Former Employee), Fall River, MANovember 21, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: work only on an as needed baceis
A typical day you meet with students and help them better understand the class material. It greatly improves your people skills. The management is very helpful as are you co-workers. The hardest part if the job is getting over whatever personal hertals stand in the way of the student.
HR and Management = horrible
former employee (Former Employee), Fall River, MASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: people are friendly and make the day fly by.
Cons: hr, management, cliques
The atmosphere and people that work there are nice. The Human Resource Dept and management are absolutely horrible. The union is an absolute joke. The Director of the department and person above him are really nice and great to work for but they don't get to call the shots. Throughout the college people are in charge of departments that they have no qualifications for. Nobody in charge seems to be on the same page. If someone in charge likes you, you will go far. There are just too many chiefs and not enough indians. A lot of cliques. It's a shame because it could be such a great place to work. Overall pay isn't bad but the limited amount of companies you can choose for medical benefits is horrible and expensive.
fun exciting learning experance. Enjoyabel!
work study (Former Employee), Attleboro, MASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: covenance i worked at the same school where i attened college.
Cons: that i had to quit.
I enjoy working in the office at the school, I filed. answered phone and directed the to another line, I printed out map quest directions for the school director. I learned how to use map quest. I liked that I didn't have any taxes taking out of my check. I really enjoyed the poster boards for advertising up coming events. even though I cant draw they still let me anyways. what I dint like way banging erasers before classes I got chock dust allover me. The hardest part of the job was quitting.
I enjoy the people i work with
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Fall River, MAJune 24, 2013
I work part time a typical day is very quite cause its the summer time and its an on campuse job, Ive learned how to use there computer systems and alot about what the co-op department is for.
Fitness Asst,
Lead Evening Fitness Training Assistant (Current Employee), Fall River, Ma. 02720May 21, 2013
Training members...running exercise classes etc. Good verbal skills and able to interact with members.
I really enjoyed my work here as well.
CLERICAL AIDE (Former Employee), Fall River, MassachusettsMarch 22, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: had to leave to receive benefits at massachusetts rehabilitation comission.
I would go to school and attend my classes then I would proceed to go to the counseling office to organize student files or assign advisors for all the student body.
This is a college
Phi Theta Kappa member (Former Employee), fall river, MAApril 26, 2012
It was a good school to start at but you must stay on top of yourself or you will fall behind.

BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE Salaries