BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Friendly Working Environment
Administrative Assistant - Academic Affairs (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAOctober 28, 2017
The most difficult part of my job is coordinating meetings for many participants. Using doodle polls made it a little easier, but now we are asked to use Outlook but many faculty members don't use Outlook to maintain their calendar, which makes it more difficult. Overall, management are very friendly.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Accepting and Supportive Colleagues
Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MA 02720September 17, 2017
When I first became employed at BCC, I worried that the full-time nursing faculty - who had worked there for years - would be tough on a new faculty member - since nurses are well-known to "eat their young." However, it was quite the opposite, they were so supportive and helpful - and my boss is great!
Tutor/SI
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 15, 2017
I really LOVE working for BCC, and hope to one day be a full-time professor! I just wish it was possible to work full-time with benefits. Hours are limited due to poor funding/small budget. I also wish there were more assistant professor-type positions available for purposes of job experience and growth options.
Pros
friendly environment, great student body
Cons
part-time only, no benefits, not enough hours
Nice place to work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 3, 2017
Communication is well understanding, you feel at home, team work is a must. You're well comfortable and you have to be on your A game at all times. You have to pay extra attention.
A lot of people try to pull you down and backstab
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 21, 2017
Most of your time will be protecting yourself from people trying to pull you down. BCC is very prejudice, being a minority is VERY difficult to work there. I do not like saying that, but I am trying to be as honest a possible. I worked there for 9 years and every minority I spoke to had the same complaint.
Pros
Good benefits and use of college
Cons
Very predjuice and cutthroat.
Accessible
Biotech Intern (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 16, 2017
It is a very nice place to get an education while the student's career goals are nurtured. The professors are extremely understanding and helpful while being extremely knowledgeable in their fields. ALL THE FILTERED WATER YOU CAN DRINK!
Cool-
Mental Health Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 15, 2017
Really liked the staff. Great knowledgable supervisor in the particular office in which I interned. Good learning experience, felt encouraged to grow and seek out any support needed.
Its okay.
Staff Associate (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 13, 2017
Overall, the job is enjoyable. However, if you are looking for full time and benefits, good luck!

People are more or less expendable. Once your grant is run out, or if they decided to restructure your possession you are essentially out of a job.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
F/T work, expected from P/T work.
great faculty, staff, and students
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 12, 2017
A great place to work. The staff, faculty, and students are all very professional. The students I have had have been very dedicated and interested in the material. Whenever I have needed assistance with computer issues, my concerns have been promptly addressed.
Pros
everyone is very professional and polite
Bristol Community College
Program Coordinator/Adult Evening Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 23, 2017
While at Bristol Community College, I worked as the Kids College Summer Coordinator and as an evening advisor. Both of these positions were part-time, while I was also employed by the Fall River Public Schools.
fun
Cooking Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 21, 2017
It was just a enjoyable job to do one of the things you love to do! The management was always around if I needed some kind of help. The parents liked to see what their children cooked or baked in class.
Pros
eating what we made
Cons
cleanup
Great Place to Work
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 19, 2017
I work as a Special Projects Coordinator in the Writing Center as a writing tutor. I also work in the Quest Math Lab as a Developmental Math tutor.

I have wonderful management, training, and guidance at BCC. I enjoy working with students to help prepare them for their futures.
Pros
great staff
Beautiful campus, friendly atmosphere
EDP III Data Entry Clerk- Office of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAMarch 1, 2017
I enjoyed working at BCC. I regret leaving. It was a beautiful and safe place to work with great people from all over to learn and grow with. Great benefits, great work.
This was a fun place to work
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 28, 2017
i enjoyed working with the staff and students at Bristol Community College in Fall River Massachusetts.
I found the job to be useful for future office work place and gained good experience with how to manage office relations.
very little pressure
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 24, 2017
This is a relaxed environment, where learning is encouraged. Some of the office equipment is older, needs updating. My co-workers were very helpful and fun to work with. was a wonderful opportunity for me to get exposure to working in an office environment.
Diverse student body
P/T Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 11, 2017
The student body at BCC is very diverse; it is easy to make friends. The teachers are also fantastic; they want their students to succeed. And the overall staff is very approachable.
Pros
small, quiet, friendly
Cons
parking spots in lot are not guaranteed to be available, limited parking
IT Student Intern
IT Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 25, 2017
This was the perfect job for a student because it only requires 5 hours of your time per week! I had fun with this job and also met some really nice people!!
Taught one semester of Public Speaking
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 22, 2017
I found the staff at the Taunton campus to be professional and very helpful. I have not had too much contact with the members of the department on the Fall River campus.
Good experience
Grounds Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 19, 2016
I have worked here for 7 years and really got to know a lot of great people. I love being able to work outdoors at my job and work with my team to make the campus look nice.
Pros
getting compliments on how campus looks
Productive workplace as a tutor at BCC
Tutor in Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 14, 2016
In quite rooms we engaged students that have some troubles in the field of mathematics as well as other subjects, including the social sciences and humanities. The aim was to rectify any problems that students face in their field, and to add extra knowledge for students who intend to expand their thoughts as well.
Pros
expands teaching experience
Cons
Time consuming