Bristol Farms Employee Reviews in United States

DO not work here. NO promotion potential.
DEMO MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2016
As an award-winning chef, my talents and extremely perfectionist work ethic was 100% ignored and totally unappreciated.

What I learned was nothing professional. I learned that the management is corrupt and only want to please their boss at the corporate office.

Management steals from the store with other department managers working together like thieves.

Hardest part was getting any work hours. When you ask for a promotion due to your sales output, you get nothing.
Pros
health insurance after 1 year working FULL TIME.
Cons
pushed to do other people's jobs on top of your own job.
Good place but bad manager
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 1, 2015
Working at Lazy Acres (and then later Bristol Farms) was quite a pleasant experience. I have nothing bad to say about the company, they were very professional and still are. The hardest part is/was the customers. The most enjoyable part were the other workers as they all seemed to be relaxed and very friendly. My manager scheduled me on days I couldn't work on (even though I specifically told them beforehand!). This place will help you grow and give you real world experience. My manager would make me clean up another department because she was good friends with the manager of that department. It was definitely not in my job title but I would gladly do it if it meant dealing with less rude customers.
Pros
Healthy workplace
Cons
Snobby customers
Great grocery store to work for!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Bristol Farms. More of a higher end store that sells great quality. Scanning groceries and being friendly to the customers. Pretty easy stuff. I enjoyed meeting and talking to the many different people who would come though my line.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAOctober 27, 2015
You meet people from all walks of life everyday. Conversations are kept to a minimum but interesting nonetheless. Co-workers are happy and place is always busy. Management is very easy going and approachable. Hardest part of the job is not knowing what your schedule will be the next week. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
Busy Market in need of Morale Boost
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Since the store's location is in a very popular mall, the typical day can be very busy. So if you are looking for a job where you want to be active. This store is busy most of the days of the week.

I learned about merchandising and retail.

There are many managers because there are numerous departments. Several managers were friendly others did not seem approachable.

I enjoyed working with some of the co-workers that I was able to become acquainted with.

The hardest part of the job was the overall low morale. Many people expressed not being content working here. The high turnover and frequency of people getting fired is alarming and frightening. This created the necessity for cross-training of current employees without prior consultation or notice which left many people feeling taken advantage of.

One of the best parts of the job is that since the business hours of the store cover a wide range. The shifts you can work are flexible which makes it easier if you have other equally important obligations.
Pros
Weekly Paycheck & Flexibility
Cons
Low Morale
Great environment and pleasant co-workers
Bristol Kitchens Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena, CASeptember 12, 2015
I can't say anything bad about Bristol Farms.

They are a great place to work & are very understanding people.

I've learned to be the best employee I can be from working at Bristol Farms because they expect you to only do what you are capable of & they will always encourage you to be better.

Management is very understanding and they will work with you if you bring up any concerns or problems

The hardest part of the job I would have to say is dealing with the older more self-centered people because they think they are in the right for treating you like dirt.

The most enjoyable part of working at bristol is how much of a family you become with the other employees, everyone is so genuine and nice.
Pros
20% Employee Discount Cards
Cons
Poor Managment. No room for growth.
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  7880 Sunset blvd.August 2, 2015
Typical day of work consisted of picking up all the slack the managers leave behind. Morale was low and discipline? None to be found. I learned to be a better leader after working in Bristol Farms Some may say this sounds like an attack but I am grateful for what I've learned there. What really helped get me through the day were my co-workers. It's what you make of it and it's because of them I was able to work as long as I did. The job it self wasn't HARD. The hours however? Well it can definitely break your spirit. I want to continue to grow. I couldn't do it at Bristol Farms. This a summer job at best.
Pros
My co-workers.
Cons
The poor hours
Greet place to work.
Baker (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 24, 2015
I would help customers with any questions they would have and I would do cashiering and do gift baskets, I also sold turkey and Christmas dinners during the season.
Pros
Management was great
Cons
Staff members are rude
Floral dept a real disaster management wise
Floral designer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, caAugust 8, 2015
Unbelievable goals set for sales, so high it was disappointing and morale went down the tubes. Everyone on staff did their best but expectations from top were ridiculous at best. Training was good and helpful, customers loved what we did.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
Upper management did not listen or care about real problems
Packer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 26, 2015
The managers and Staff were all understanding. They were flexible with my schedule. They showed me how to use many computer programs.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Short Breaks, Health care
Fun Job
Caterer (Former Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAOctober 2, 2015
Super fun environment love the employees and customers you interact with while working. Its a great way to learn interpersonal skills.
this job was cool for a fist job
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 21, 2015
• Completed purchase transactions at register and bagged customer groceries
• Helped customers select products that best fit their personal needs and addressed any complaints
• Returned merchandise at store closing to maintain visually appealing and effective displays
• Built customer confidence by actively listening to their concerns and giving appropriate feedback
Pros
i was very fast paste and oi was never not busy
Cons
nun
If you have a team-building store director....great!
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMay 12, 2015
There were many knowledgable, caring, specialized, passionate people. Incentives and benefits were good. Aggressive nepotism and cronyism are the norms.
Pros
dedicated staff, benefits and quality products
Cons
unresponsive upper management
Friendly coworkers in a friendly work environment
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 18, 2015
Bristol Farms is a pretty good place to work. Most of the employees are very friendly and outgoing. A few of the managers should be trained a little better but all in all its still not bad working there.
Enjoyable place to work and a great staff
Natural Grocery Hospitality & Maintenance Employee (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Great atmosphere to work at. Learned a lot about grocery/retail. All employees there got along. I was kind of a jack of all trades there; meaning I was a courtesy clerk, maintenance employee, and worked back in the kitchen as well as being a busboy at our cafe. So, I have multiple types of skills and experiences that I was fortunate to acquire from being at an esteemed establishment like Bristol Farms.
Fun, enjoyable atmosphere that offers the opportunity to always meet new people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena, CADecember 10, 2014
Arriving to work is always a pleasure, because I know there will always be something new. Seeing the smiling faces come through the register, being able to help customers with their questions and seeing how enthusiastic they are about being able to find the things they need and exceeding their expectations is probably one of the most rewarding feelings during work.

I'd say the hardest part of this job is not having the time to perhaps interact more with a customer. The most enjoyable is meeting new people.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
part time hours
High paying Grocery Job..but
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 18, 2014
You receive a lot of hours, but working here is tiresome. I go home exhausted and if you going to school i recommend getting a retail job instead. The management is terrible as all the employees talk smack about how bad it is. There is also unexplained and sudden instances of respected and loyal employees quitting.
Pros
paid around 12 dollars an hour, paid every week not biweekly, work in the mall, hour long breaks
Cons
hard work, standing for 8 hours
Great and Flexible place to work
CAKE DECORATOR / ASST. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 29, 2014
Learned a great deal about management, had a great manager that really taught me about ordering, shrink, inventory. Was able to really develop as a decorator and was given the freedom to be creative.
Cons
not many opportunities to grow, they only had one location in san francisco area
Fun workplace, great management, excellent support
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood,CAMay 30, 2014
A typical day at work consists of being a team player and extreme patience. I learned how to manage my time and prioritize what was urgent and what wasn't. I was trained to respect my superiors and my subordinates, because we are all a team, positive energy is key! My management skills were most used for customer support, when issues would arise, my job was to diffuse the situation and have positive customer feedback. The hardest part of the job is making sure all tasks are completed, all deadlines are met and all customers are happy. The most enjoyable part of my job is building my teams spirits and motivating them to work hard, as well as knowing I support families in an event that truly makes a difference in their home life.
benefits
Cons
schedule was variable
Nice organic and natural market to work as a cashier and in gaining goals.
Cashier, Bakery, and Demonstrator clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 19, 2014
This job meets my immediate goals, which is to find an opportunity where I can be productive and grow as a cashier. I love my job meeting new customers every day as well as the regular customers. I never have a hard day at work and if I do I always leave my personal problems behind and never show it at work. I always have a positive attitude and show my employer that I'm responsible and committed to my job as a cashier. I get along with my co-workers as well as my customers even if there's an issue involved, which i never involve myself with. I always put a nice smile on my face.