Bristol Farms Employee Reviews

You work good hours.
Clerk/Food Service Dept (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMarch 30, 2017
They had good hours of the day to work. The work was light. You could chat with the customers while you did your demonstrations.
You can show off your sales skills.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
On your feet all day.
It could get better
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 1, 2017
Working for Bristol Farms has taught me a lot. There is not advancement for growth with in the company. They don't pay their employees well. Like 10 cents in 4 years,is not good. This store makes good money. But I must say working with the people is awesome. Management is ok, they are certain managers i like. currently the one we have is cool, he leads by example. he make sure his employees are ok.
Pros
discount card
Cons
no avancement
Good company to work for
CAKE DECORATOR/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Ive worked for Bristol for 3 years. They appreciate and notice hard work. In the bakery you are expected to decorate cakes as well as do a lot of customer service. So you have to be really good at multi tasking.
Great work environment
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger/Barista (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 15, 2017
I loved working at Bristol Farms and i honestly wish i could go back. All of the employees are like a big family. I only left because i was offered a job closer to home
No work/life balance
Front End Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I have nothing to say at this time with my concerns of the store or company that I work for. Fear retaliation for expressing my opinion.
Pros
Good products and discounts
Cons
Management, hours
out of business
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 1, 2017
It a good place to work at if you don't have any experience in the customer service industry because you they teach you how to communicate with their customers
Pros
nice people
Cons
miss management
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Great work environment and supportive management. Flexible work schedule with opportunity to experience other departments within the store. Diverse staff and customers. Unfortunately store is no longer in business.
A solid job if you're ok with mediocrity
Wine Department Manager (Current Employee) –  southern CaliforniaJanuary 6, 2017
This a well positioned company to excel and succeed in a huge way. Unfortunately, corporate management is apathetic, lazy, and ignorant.
The pervasive problem is massive waste and inefficiencies. These problems exist and management is unable to find solutions that improve a laundry list of shortcomings in every department.
Staffing is a huge problem, as customer service is one of their proudest features. Mediocrity is the norm and the seam between one department and the next is all too apparent. Sales suffer under managements ignorance that under-staffing means there aren't people covering departments when sales are available. Morale suffers from a lack of resources necessary to achieve goals and a constant barrage of unfocused criticisms from corporate "bimbos" with book knowledge and no true initiative.

The workers, are in general, a great group of people that are friendly and diligent.
Yuppp
Seafood Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 28, 2016
Its a easy company to work for you can get away with alot , long breaks lunches , eating in the deli.. Easy easy easy wat else to say
Cons
BREAKS
great company
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Rolling Hills Estates, CAOctober 6, 2016
Company treats employees well. Plenty of opportunities for lateral movement, not very many opportunities in terms of vertical growth/advancement it seems.
fun
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 29, 2016
I love Bristol Farms awsome company. A company you can grow. I enjoy helping customers enjoy cleaning dishes. Great salary and benefits.
Clerk
Jack of all trades (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 3, 2016
I was hired to work in several departments which I thought would be great only to find out I would not be working in any of them. The store manager will promise you a job that isn't even available. The store has a high turnover because of the difficult store manager. Salaries are the lowest on the market and there is no promotion within the company, nor salary incentive. This job no matter what you are hired for is temporary, and seasonal at best due to lack of hours during slow and non holiday times of the year. The only time you will get more hours is during holiday season, then in Jan thru summer hours are nonexistent. If you try to work another job to compensate for no hours, they won't work around your new schedule they just diminish your hours to nothing and replace you. They value no person no matter how hardrd you work, how much you are willing to do or give your time to them at their beck and weekly call. You are required to work weekends, holidays, yet they won't Schedule you for holidays, to avoid paying holiday pay. You can't win at this company, it's a revolving door of people because they view their employees as completely disposable. Due to the poor attitude toward employees the store only suffers and they will continue to list jobs that are nonexistent to lure you in to apply.
Pros
Minor store discount
Cons
Poor management, high turn over, seasonal, no hours
Good working environment,
Deli Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAAugust 31, 2016
I have been working at Bristol Farms for many years and have learned many skills that have gave me the opportunity to advance in the company.
Pros
good opportunities
Fun palce to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CAJuly 12, 2016
it's a start job for a single person.. it pays a little so don't expect to get rich however if you just need to make some money this place is a great start
Pros
there's incentive to receive
Cons
it's a pay check to pay check job
Produce Manager
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palos Verdes Peninsula, CAJuly 5, 2016
Very physical job lifting, pulling a cart, and unloading a truck with daily delivery. I worked hard and I really enjoyed the work but it took a toll on my body. The most enjoyable part of the day was clocking out.
Customer Service
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Helping and assisting customers in multiple departments
Assisting staff in areas of need
Providing information about the stores products
Busy Market in need of Morale Boost
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Since the store's location is in a very popular mall, the typical day can be very busy. So if you are looking for a job where you want to be active. This store is busy most of the days of the week.

I learned about merchandising and retail.

There are many managers because there are numerous departments. Several managers were friendly others did not seem approachable.

I enjoyed working with some of the co-workers that I was able to become acquainted with.

The hardest part of the job was the overall low morale. Many people expressed not being content working here. The high turnover and frequency of people getting fired is alarming and frightening. This created the necessity for cross-training of current employees without prior consultation or notice which left many people feeling taken advantage of.

One of the best parts of the job is that since the business hours of the store cover a wide range. The shifts you can work are flexible which makes it easier if you have other equally important obligations.
Pros
Weekly Paycheck & Flexibility
Cons
Low Morale
DO not work here. NO promotion potential.
DEMO MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2016
As an award-winning chef, my talents and extremely perfectionist work ethic was 100% ignored and totally unappreciated.

What I learned was nothing professional. I learned that the management is corrupt and only want to please their boss at the corporate office.

Management steals from the store with other department managers working together like thieves.

Hardest part was getting any work hours. When you ask for a promotion due to your sales output, you get nothing.
Pros
health insurance after 1 year working FULL TIME.
Cons
pushed to do other people's jobs on top of your own job.
Great grocery store to work for!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Bristol Farms. More of a higher end store that sells great quality. Scanning groceries and being friendly to the customers. Pretty easy stuff. I enjoyed meeting and talking to the many different people who would come though my line.
Good place but bad manager
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 1, 2015
Working at Lazy Acres (and then later Bristol Farms) was quite a pleasant experience. I have nothing bad to say about the company, they were very professional and still are. The hardest part is/was the customers. The most enjoyable part were the other workers as they all seemed to be relaxed and very friendly. My manager scheduled me on days I couldn't work on (even though I specifically told them beforehand!). This place will help you grow and give you real world experience. My manager would make me clean up another department because she was good friends with the manager of that department. It was definitely not in my job title but I would gladly do it if it meant dealing with less rude customers.
Pros
Healthy workplace
Cons
Snobby customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval