Bristol Hospital

Bristol Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Volunteer / Office Assistant - Filing (Current Employee), Bristol, CTApril 13, 2015
Pros: Lunch is good
Cons: None
I really love volunteering. I am hoping to get a full time job there. The people are really nice there and I am getting a lot of experience volunteering. I used to be a volunteer when I was in 7th grade
Tough environment for new techs
CLS (Former Employee), Bristol,CTApril 2, 2015
Pros: Nice community hospital
Cons: Use national data and not local data to determine pay makes it low
The clinical laboratory is a tough place to work . Lots of good people but very burned out.due to workload and understaffing. That makes it a challenge to train new techs. Some very good, well organized department managers. There is the occasional ones that are not very professional and effect the overall culture of the department.

If you are just out of school don't go here. .,A seasoned tech may do well. Not flexible with days or time. Over all hospital message is good but has not being put in to practice.(In the Lab) They need more flexibility (part-time) positions and better training supervision.
Inservice and training
Certified phlebotomist (Former Employee), outpatientFebruary 23, 2015
Greeting and processing patients for phlebotomy on a daily basis. I
learned to pace myself and to provide the greatest experience in my
field. I perfected my skills and made everyone feel at ease during their visit so they would want to come back.
My Co Workers
Adminstrative Associate (Current Employee), Bristol, CTNovember 21, 2014
Are everyday extraordinary!!! Our main goal is to make sure our patients and visitors are happy and safe while their stay at Bristol Hospital
Excellent resident care
Chef Manager (Current Employee), Bristol, CTOctober 2, 2014
Great resident and rehabilitation customer service. Management is lacking equal opportunity.
Feeding the residents knowing that I put a lot of passion in my cooking and seeing the results from the residents.
A volunteer position that got me out of my comfort zone.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Bristol, CTSeptember 20, 2014
In my middle school years I participated in this volunteer position. I was taught many skills and got to experience first hand all the different aspects of running the hospital.
Only a job to pay the bills
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bristol, ctAugust 19, 2014
I have to TOTALLY AGREE with those who feel that this is a less than deseriable place to work. I have been here as an RN for many, many years and only because it works best for my family. There is little to no support from management and god forbid you have an issue that needs assistance from HR... Well that won't happen because HR is not there for their employees and there is honestly a huge disconnect with HR and the rest if the working world at BH.
There is no teamwork and expect to be belittled as you work from time to time by management. Taking a break is not a common practice, and honestly staffing is cut so short nobody has time to take breaks. There is constant pressure from supervisors and management to "do better" but little praise or compensation for the staff. Of course a former medical director would think this is a lovely place to work, well I'm sure he was well compensated and he didn't deal with all the issues that the staff deals with who actually place there hands on patients. I feel that upper management have closed their eyes to all issues that are truly important to the rest of the working world just to raise their press Gainey scores.
All in all, this hospital is not about taking care of patients, it is about checking boxes, raising press Gainey scores and keeping your mouth shut because honestly nobody cares. As soon as I can I will be looking for a new position and mine will be filled with just another warm body. The grass is not always greener in the other side, we all know this, but this hospital MUST start making their employees a priority.
Good place to work but not the greatest management
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee), Bristol,ctAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: bennifits keep getting cut back year after year, management is horrible and has no clue how to actually manage
The people that work here are great and it feels like a family but a lot of the management has no grasp on what the average worker does workwise, They have also cut back a lot of bennifits in the last few years making this a less than desireable place to work. They dont do anything to try and boost morale. This place is a good stepping stone on the way to finding a better job. But I wouldnt stay here forever
Ultrasound Student
Ultrasound Student (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMay 31, 2014
• Observed pre and post scanned patients
• Stocked and maintained examination rooms neat and clean
nice atmosphere
Dietary Aid (Former Employee), Bristol CTMay 23, 2014
good hospital to work for. diverse environment. good food in the cafe
Management Support
Parent Educator (Former Employee), Bristol, CTApril 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: na
I had a great experience working with the clients and co workers. Also my supervisor was a proffesional and great working with the workers and famalies. Great support and opportunites.
community hospital, home-like environment
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee), BristolFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: co-operation
Very pleasant community homelike environment, flexible scheduling, great co-workers
Dynamic Hospital
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Bristol, CTDecember 5, 2013
Each day consisted of multiple patient exams and testing, Great team work and the knowledge that you helped someone who was ill or you helped prevent what could have been a major illness.
Quick burnout
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bristol, CTOctober 8, 2013
Pros: community atmosphere
Cons: no breaks, demanding workload, no teamwork
This Hospital is struggling financially and unfortunatley it affects the nursing staff the most. High nurse to patient ratios make for unsafe situations frequently. Meal breaks are automatically deducted from pay, yet are rarely taken. At time managers seem to make up the rules regarding staffing, vacation requests, and general departmental rules as they go. This is a great place to gain some experience as it is small yet very fast paced, just don't expect a team atmosphere; it is truly an individual proving ground. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
Nice community hospital
Case Manager (Current Employee), Bristol, CTJuly 27, 2013
Pros: family environment, nurse staff is top-notch.
Cons: management responsiveness, lack of follow through when employee suggestions made.
Nice community hospital. Struggling financially. Often understaffed. Case Manger workload varies from 15 patients to the entire hospital based on day of week worked and absenteeism. Staff is rather stressed and often is unable to complete daily tasks secondary to these problems. Management can be unhelpful at times.
Productive workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Bristol, CTApril 1, 2013
Everyone is nice and sweet and very playful. A typical day is you clean preap clean serve clean and clean haha.
another job I loved
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMarch 12, 2013
Pros: work close to home
Cons: my bosses remarks
My Boss and I didn't see eye to eye,Didn't like he treated my co-workers. Mental stress from him made me leave,but miss the patients since it was in my home town
Best work place environment
Medical Director (Former Employee), Bristol, CTFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: excellent health care system
I was the Medical Director of the primary care outpatient center for ober 14 years. Bristol Hospital was like family to me and after nearly 22 years, my physician colleagues and I are still in close contact.
Excellent benefits and working environment,
excellent leadership. great team
Small, community based hospital
Perdiem Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee), Bristol, CTFebruary 15, 2013
Maternity unit is top knotch. Med/Surg units communicate well.
Nice place to work most of the time.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJanuary 17, 2013
Transcribing and typing medical reports, data entry of pertinent patient demographic, following HIPPA compliance rules, helping coworkers as necessary, maintaining a professional attitude, making sure all reports are accurate and complete..