Bristol Hospital Employee Reviews

I love being a nurse
RN (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 4, 2015
I work 12 hour shift and I am a bedside Rn for a 32 bed unit. I am shift charge nurse, I take care of medical surgical patients. I enjoy bedside nursing but with home life I need to be at home more. I enjoy working with my coworkers and taking care of my patients. I am also in school to obtain my BSN, so I can further advance my career.
Pros
coworkers
magnet hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 8, 2015
this is a small community hospital every body knows each other which is a good thing but also has its down side its a very friendly group with excellent patient care
great place to work
Billing Specialist and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 2, 2015
They gave me the opportunity to spread my wings and learn Medical coding. A fun and very diverse place to work. They encourage you to do better and attain your goals.
Always moving forward
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 11, 2015
Our goal in the kitchen is to serve patients effectively. We are always brainstorming ways to come up with new menu choices, ideas on how to make the food served to the patient as soon as possible, also, we really make an effort to deliver food as hot as possible so the patient is satisfied. It is my job to make sure the food gets on the plate and up to the floor in a timely manner. I also get to interact with patients which I enjoy.
Its a paycheck, the people are really nice
Centralized Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 22, 2015
Coworkers are absolutely awesome. Benefits are horrible and extremely expensive. I learned endurance and patience at this job. With the exception of my coworkers my experience here has been mediocre.
ok
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJune 25, 2015
Not as drama free as I was hoping it would be. Otherwise, a decent company. But, I guess that is a common problem in any workplace.
Competitive yet we worked as a team.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJune 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was to make people feel at ease after staying with us in the hospital. I always tried to picture myself in thier shoes and how I'd like to be treated and that is where I set my standards and my work ethic. I believe picturing either me or one of my own family members in my patients position would make me a better CNA rather than a person who is there only to achieve a paycheck and not self worth.
Pros
Differentials in pay for the later shifts
Cons
the breaks weren't long enough
Fulfilling work environment
Medical Administrative Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJune 11, 2015
Help out where ever there was a need. Great attitudes, management was pleasant, job was very enjoyable. Had lots of fun learning about the different departments and helping update policies and procedures for each department within the hospital.
Pros
Fulfilling job, great for people who love to help others.
Cons
not applicable
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 21, 2015
I don't know what the other nurse is talking about, but this is a great place to work. We are involved in decision making in the hospital, the managers work with us and value our input. The hospital leadership is excellent and visible all the time. The nurses and staff worked well together. We deliver excellent patient care and our patients send in good reviews about their experience here. I have been on a nursing retreat where we established our strategic plan. I have a very generous education reimbursement which I used for some of my education and have recently gotten certified after a medical surgical certification course was sponsored by the hospital. The nursing leadership wants you to succeed and helps you to do what is right all the time.
Pros
Co-workers, active involvement in the nursing department, doctors actually respect us.
Cons
Sometimes overstretched staffing, but not the norm. Financially, the state is a problem, but our managers support us.
Volunteer
Volunteer / Office Assistant - Filing (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 13, 2015
I really love volunteering. I am hoping to get a full time job there. The people are really nice there and I am getting a lot of experience volunteering. I used to be a volunteer when I was in 7th grade
Pros
Lunch is good
Cons

Want to know more about Bristol Hospital?

Ask a question
Tough environment for new techs
CLS (Former Employee) –  Bristol,CTApril 2, 2015
The clinical laboratory is a tough place to work . Lots of good people but very burned out.due to workload and understaffing. That makes it a challenge to train new techs. Some very good, well organized department managers. There is the occasional ones that are not very professional and effect the overall culture of the department.

If you are just out of school don't go here. .,A seasoned tech may do well. Not flexible with days or time. Over all hospital message is good but has not being put in to practice.(In the Lab) They need more flexibility (part-time) positions and better training supervision.
Pros
Nice community hospital
Cons
Use national data and not local data to determine pay makes it low
Inservice and training
Certified phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  outpatientFebruary 23, 2015
Greeting and processing patients for phlebotomy on a daily basis. I
learned to pace myself and to provide the greatest experience in my
field. I perfected my skills and made everyone feel at ease during their visit so they would want to come back.
My Co Workers
Adminstrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 21, 2014
Are everyday extraordinary!!! Our main goal is to make sure our patients and visitors are happy and safe while their stay at Bristol Hospital
Excellent resident care
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 2, 2014
Great resident and rehabilitation customer service. Management is lacking equal opportunity.
Feeding the residents knowing that I put a lot of passion in my cooking and seeing the results from the residents.
A volunteer position that got me out of my comfort zone.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 20, 2014
In my middle school years I participated in this volunteer position. I was taught many skills and got to experience first hand all the different aspects of running the hospital.
Only a job to pay the bills
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ctAugust 19, 2014
I have to TOTALLY AGREE with those who feel that this is a less than deseriable place to work. I have been here as an RN for many, many years and only because it works best for my family. There is little to no support from management and god forbid you have an issue that needs assistance from HR... Well that won't happen because HR is not there for their employees and there is honestly a huge disconnect with HR and the rest if the working world at BH.
There is no teamwork and expect to be belittled as you work from time to time by management. Taking a break is not a common practice, and honestly staffing is cut so short nobody has time to take breaks. There is constant pressure from supervisors and management to "do better" but little praise or compensation for the staff. Of course a former medical director would think this is a lovely place to work, well I'm sure he was well compensated and he didn't deal with all the issues that the staff deals with who actually place there hands on patients. I feel that upper management have closed their eyes to all issues that are truly important to the rest of the working world just to raise their press Gainey scores.
All in all, this hospital is not about taking care of patients, it is about checking boxes, raising press Gainey scores and keeping your mouth shut because honestly nobody cares. As soon as I can I will be looking for a new position and mine will be filled with just another warm body. The grass is not always greener in the other side, we all know this, but this hospital MUST start making their employees a priority.
Good place to work but not the greatest management
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Bristol,ctAugust 19, 2014
The people that work here are great and it feels like a family but a lot of the management has no grasp on what the average worker does workwise, They have also cut back a lot of bennifits in the last few years making this a less than desireable place to work. They dont do anything to try and boost morale. This place is a good stepping stone on the way to finding a better job. But I wouldnt stay here forever
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
bennifits keep getting cut back year after year, management is horrible and has no clue how to actually manage
Ultrasound Student
Ultrasound Student (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 31, 2014
• Observed pre and post scanned patients
• Stocked and maintained examination rooms neat and clean
nice atmosphere
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Bristol CTMay 23, 2014
good hospital to work for. diverse environment. good food in the cafe
Management Support
Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 29, 2014
I had a great experience working with the clients and co workers. Also my supervisor was a proffesional and great working with the workers and famalies. Great support and opportunites.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
na