Bristol Hospital

Bristol Hospital Employer Reviews

Only a job to pay the bills
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bristol, ctAugust 19, 2014
I have to TOTALLY AGREE with those who feel that this is a less than deseriable place to work. I have been here as an RN for many, many years and only because it works best for my family. There is little to no support from management and god forbid you have an issue that needs assistance from HR... Well that won't happen because HR is not there for – more... their employees and there is honestly a huge disconnect with HR and the rest if the working world at BH.
There is no teamwork and expect to be belittled as you work from time to time by management. Taking a break is not a common practice, and honestly staffing is cut so short nobody has time to take breaks. There is constant pressure from supervisors and management to "do better" but little praise or compensation for the staff. Of course a former medical director would think this is a lovely place to work, well I'm sure he was well compensated and he didn't deal with all the issues that the staff deals with who actually place there hands on patients. I feel that upper management have closed their eyes to all issues that are truly important to the rest of the working world just to raise their press Gainey scores.
All in all, this hospital is not about taking care of patients, it is about checking boxes, raising press Gainey scores and keeping your mouth shut because honestly nobody cares. As soon as I can I will be looking for a new position and mine will be filled with just another warm body. The grass is not always greener in the other side, we all know this, but this hospital MUST start making their employees a priority. – less
Good place to work but not the greatest management
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee), Bristol,ctAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: bennifits keep getting cut back year after year, management is horrible and has no clue how to actually manage
The people that work here are great and it feels like a family but a lot of the management has no grasp on what the average worker does workwise, They have also cut back a lot of bennifits in the last few years making this a less than desireable place to work. They dont do anything to try and boost morale. This place is a good stepping stone on the – more... way to finding a better job. But I wouldnt stay here forever – less
Ultrasound Student
Ultrasound Student (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMay 31, 2014
• Observed pre and post scanned patients
• Stocked and maintained examination rooms neat and clean
nice atmosphere
Dietary Aid (Former Employee), Bristol CTMay 23, 2014
good hospital to work for. diverse environment. good food in the cafe
Management Support
Parent Educator (Former Employee), Bristol, CTApril 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: na
I had a great experience working with the clients and co workers. Also my supervisor was a proffesional and great working with the workers and famalies. Great support and opportunites.
community hospital, home-like environment
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee), BristolFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: co-operation
Very pleasant community homelike environment, flexible scheduling, great co-workers
Dynamic Hospital
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Bristol, CTDecember 5, 2013
Each day consisted of multiple patient exams and testing, Great team work and the knowledge that you helped someone who was ill or you helped prevent what could have been a major illness.
Quick burnout
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bristol, CTOctober 8, 2013
Pros: community atmosphere
Cons: no breaks, demanding workload, no teamwork
This Hospital is struggling financially and unfortunatley it affects the nursing staff the most. High nurse to patient ratios make for unsafe situations frequently. Meal breaks are automatically deducted from pay, yet are rarely taken. At time managers seem to make up the rules regarding staffing, vacation requests, and general departmental rules as – more... they go. This is a great place to gain some experience as it is small yet very fast paced, just don't expect a team atmosphere; it is truly an individual proving ground. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home. – less
Nice community hospital
Case Manager (Current Employee), Bristol, CTJuly 27, 2013
Pros: family environment, nurse staff is top-notch.
Cons: management responsiveness, lack of follow through when employee suggestions made.
Nice community hospital. Struggling financially. Often understaffed. Case Manger workload varies from 15 patients to the entire hospital based on day of week worked and absenteeism. Staff is rather stressed and often is unable to complete daily tasks secondary to these problems. Management can be unhelpful at times.
Productive workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Bristol, CTApril 1, 2013
Everyone is nice and sweet and very playful. A typical day is you clean preap clean serve clean and clean haha.
another job I loved
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMarch 12, 2013
Pros: work close to home
Cons: my bosses remarks
My Boss and I didn't see eye to eye,Didn't like he treated my co-workers. Mental stress from him made me leave,but miss the patients since it was in my home town
Best work place environment
Medical Director (Former Employee), Bristol, CTFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: excellent health care system
I was the Medical Director of the primary care outpatient center for ober 14 years. Bristol Hospital was like family to me and after nearly 22 years, my physician colleagues and I are still in close contact.
Excellent benefits and working environment,
excellent leadership. great team
Small, community based hospital
Perdiem Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee), Bristol, CTFebruary 15, 2013
Maternity unit is top knotch. Med/Surg units communicate well.
Nice place to work most of the time.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJanuary 17, 2013
Transcribing and typing medical reports, data entry of pertinent patient demographic, following HIPPA compliance rules, helping coworkers as necessary, maintaining a professional attitude, making sure all reports are accurate and complete..
compassionate, motivated, reliable,
RN LDRP (Current Employee), brewster rd, bristolDecember 22, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: workload
- Currently started working as a case manager for home care
planning and implementing individual care plans for my patient
- management skills, working under stressed diverse environment
-most enjoyable is to see progress in patient's physical and emotional well being and empowering them to be independent in their community

in maternity setting I enjoy – more... being a part of the most wonderful family event (the birth of a new baby) and help to adjust the family to their new role, provide them with teaching, encouragement, and assistance in this exciting transition – less
Nice environment, easy to get along well with other co-workers.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bristol, CTDecember 20, 2012
Although it was a work study and was there for a short period of time, I learned alot and will love to work again in that environment.
Great working enviornment!
Security Officer (Current Employee), Bristol, CTMarch 6, 2012
Great place to work. Great people. Great management.
Great environment.

June 23, 2013

Manager has no security experience.. Staff is hostile to security officers.. Many issues with patient valuables missing.. Little on going training.. Major issues that could lead to lawsuits.. Several per diem officers quitting in last 12 months.

June 27, 2013

Several security officers quit in the last year. Serious issues with patients and property. Manager immature and has no security experience.