Bristol Hospital Employee Reviews

did not meet my expectations
Medical Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 10, 2017
The job is not what I expected at all, management is poor, a lot of broken promises, a very big turn out rate, the BHSMG group needs revamping in order to keep employees happy in the work force.
Pros
close to home
Cons
short breaks, time off comes out of your PTO time, management won't work with you
great place to work, my director and team were the best.
General Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed my entire experience working their. I had a great working relationship with my director, and staff. we got a great deal accomplished during my time there.
Not the Best
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 11, 2017
Not the best employer to work for. A typical day in the ER is hectic and not worth the stress. Most of the nurses seem as though they hate their lives and it is not a place in which any bubbly or happy person should work, they will suck the life out of you. They also work you like a dog and are completely understaffed. I would not recommend.
Terrible experience
RN (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 28, 2017
Dirtiest hospital I've ever worked in. Contracted Erysipelas twice myself. Doctors were not very capable. Management was horrendous. Human Resources suspended me without pay for 5 days without a hearing for dealing with an unruly,hostile patient. Received virtually no support from management or coworkers. Never received any trading or inservices.
Pros
Close to home. Hospital based EMS with many well Qualified personnel.
Cons
Too many to list.
Satisfactory
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 18, 2017
I don't think I could work here permanently. But I must say that I have learned a great deal about private sector payroll preparation from my supervisor.
Pros
On site cafe-reasonably priced
Cons
Do as I say, not as I do.
Voluntary
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 1, 2017
I learned a lot when I volunteered for this company. I was getting my hours in for my Medical Assisting externship. I would check sugar levels, vitals, EHR system, phone messages.
Pros
The knowledge I gained and experience with patients and Doctors.
Cons
No Cons.
Starter Hospital/Gain Experience in your field
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 12, 2017
BH has so much potential. The base is there but I'm afraid the leadership is overzealous. Low paying wages with no incentive. The inpatient facility is antiquated and teetering on unacceptable conditions. Because of the current situation your job will require lots of trouble shooting and added responsibilities that become a frustration. If it was not for the will of the staff to care for the patients this hospital would feel the decline. Very high employee turnover rate. A+ to caring staff while under paid, A+ to BH team of physicians, C- to accommodations & over paid executive leader.
Pros
Challenging /Empowering
Cons
Low pay/low wage increase/ lots of trouble shooting
Easy layout and caring staff
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 5, 2017
I enjoyed seeing patients and putting a smile on their faces as I walked around. I learned where things were and some new vocabulary. I also met new people that were helpful.
Good Lab with poor pay
Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJune 29, 2017
Well run clinical laboratory. Hospital does not pay well. Good environment with good people and management. Excellent support from the pathology team.
Preschool Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJune 19, 2017
At my time at Bristol Hospital, I had a great experience. There were great benefits and wages were great. I had a great experience, they just eliminated our positions.

Want to know more about Bristol Hospital?

Ask a question
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJune 4, 2017
I love working at Bristol Hospital, but I will be re-locating and am seeking a job in San Anotnio, Texas at this time. Bristol hospital is a good place to work for.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Healthcare
Bristol Hospital
First Cook (Head Cook) (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 24, 2017
The management make it difficult to work here. Very Micro managed and confusing at times.
Hardest part is dealing with changes all the time and worrying about hospital closing all the time plus no raises.
fun place to work
Security Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 22, 2017
Good place to work as well as the staff. I learned a lot how to treat patients in health care business. but the management kind of little bit unprofessional and not organized.
amazing staff
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 4, 2017
one of the best places I have ever worked. you will have bad apples anywhere you go but majority of staff is knowledgeable and very nice. every department is extremely helpful
nice place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 28, 2017
Nice place to work and everyone is friendly. Patient care comes first here and everyone works hard to ensure that our high standards are met. Patients can expect great service and friendly staff here.
Execllent place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 27, 2017
They are a very busy hospital but work with employees with scheduling. The experience I received there has been amazing. I have shown many different ways of doing things. This is a teaching hospital and its a great place.
Pros
offers for dicounts at business
Cons
short lunch breaks
many good things here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 24, 2017
Work/life balance can be good, but there is a price for this. Advancement is limited unless you work 60+ hours week or know the right people. Rewards often seem based on favoritism. Evolving leadership team over the past 3 years. Lots of changes, hopefully for the better. But, some very good leaders have left recently.
Okay job
Radiology Centralized Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 18, 2017
The best part of the job was the people. The hardest part of the job was trying to get things done. No one ever seemed to be on the same page which made it difficult to be productive.
The meaning of "teamwork" meant nothing!
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 18, 2017
Some of the crew that I had the pleasure of working with was extremely degrading and always had to point out that I was the "fresh meat" and new kid to the block. I was unwanted before anyone gave me the opportunity to really find my niche. I enjoyed my job and my title however, the title name game did not impress me and contributed to me leaving my position there.
Great patient care, and wonderful co-workers
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 4, 2017
A small community hospital with Magnet recognition. A highly praised facility with compassionate and caring people in every aspect. From the nursing staff down to the housekeepers, this facility allows me to go into work smiling every day, and leave feeling like I've truly made an impact on someones life.