Bristol Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Busy, fast-paced hospital setting
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Bristol, TNMay 29, 2015
Cons: Management, opportunities for advancement are usually not in-house.
I take pride in saying that I am a current employee at a well known Wellmont Health Systems hospital. I have gained a lot of experience with outpatients, inpatients and the emergency department. Being such a large hospital in a small rural area in Tennessee, the patient to tech ratio is always much higher than the thought amount. You learn to multi-task and work as a team as well as an individual when the time calls for it. After a 8,10,12 or 16 hour shift is over, I always leave with the feeling of accomplishment in known I did my part to provide compassionate care to all patients.
PHLEBOTOMY
Phlebotomy (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMay 11, 2015
Pros: PATIENTS
Cons: POLITICS
I LOVED MY JOB. CO-WORKERS WERE GOOD. THE HARDEST PART WAS THE PAY, WE WERE THE LOWEST PAID IN THE HOSPITAL.THE HOURS WERE 5:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. THAT WAS DIFFICULT WITH SMALL CHILDREN AT HOME. MANAGEMENT WAS OK. I DIDN'T LEARN AOT, I was doing the training for the new hires.
good start for career
Certified Transporter (Current Employee), Bristol, TNMarch 25, 2015
Cons: No breaks most of the time, just a 30 minute lunch.
Pay is not great for transporters. Its a back breaking job for the young and old. They should definitely be paid more for the things they have to put up. Management and nurses. Other than that, it is a great place to work. I love working with patients and making them smile when they are sick.
sucks completely!
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee), Bristol, TNAugust 10, 2014
Pros: paycheck every two weeks
Cons: everything else
I work in Environmental Services and it is terrible. All my co workers hate it and the only reason we are there is because of a paycheck. The supervisors are mean and expect too much out of you for the little bit of pay. If i was you try Holston Valley or MSHA.
Very fast paced environment.
Secretary/PCT (Current Employee), Bristol, TNAugust 8, 2014
A typical day of consists of answering all call lights for patients that are assigned to me, making sure bathroom needs are met, give baths to patients, ensure proper and prompt care to all my patients and their families. If it is a day of secretary then I answer all call lights, assign patients to nurses, answer all phone calls, page physicians, make all follow-up appts for patients being discharged, filing medical records into charts, etc. My co-workers are very helpful and great to work for. This is a friendly environment but faced paced which is for me. There really is no hard part to the job, I personally feel I have a big heart and everytime I encounter with a patient then I put myself in their shoes and hope that one day when I am sick then the CNA or receptionist will assist in my needs as I do my patients. I enjoy my job taking care of the patients and family members. I like the fast pace. I am a very energetic person and like to assist people.
Not bad..
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee), Bristol, TNJuly 17, 2014
Not a bad place to work, hours suck, always short handed, but the employees aren't bad and the managers are awesome.
Great job Very low pay!
DEsk top services (Current Employee), Bristol TNJuly 15, 2014
I work at this position and it is a great place and rewarding job until you get your paycheck! No respect for the I.T feild here! They will pay nothing! You will starve and envy the workers at Taco Bell for the money they make there!
Friendly and personalized care
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Bristol, TNJuly 10, 2014
Staff at BRMC are friendly and personable; they make an effort to get to know their patients and families. They are approachable with any questions and were instrumental in pushing me to further my education in healthcare.
Fast paced new construction.
Electrician (Former Employee), Bristol, TNMarch 15, 2014
Pulled wire, installed new equipment. Fast paced but electrical maintenance team worked well together and good working environment.
the girls I work with
Oncology Nurse (Current Employee), Bristol, TNJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: night shift
hardest part of the day was the death of a pt. my co workers are wonderful
TAKING CARE OF THE ONES IN NEED
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee), Bristol, TNNovember 25, 2013
Pros: the number one pro would be caring
Cons: my number one con would be working with chemicals in housekeeping, and having side affects that ultimately caused me to lose my job.
I LEARNED DURING THE 6 YEARS THAT I WAS WITH THE HOSPITAL THAT GIVING YOUR BEST IN BAD SITUATIONS CAN BE REWARDING BY HELPING OUT PEOPLE IN NEED WHEN THEY THINK THERE IS NO HOPE.
A TYPICAL DAY ON THE JOB REQUIRED ME TO HAVE A GOOD ATTITUDE AND THE WILLINGNESS TO GO BEYOND MY COMFORT ZONE. THE FIRST 4 YEARS I WAS PART OF A TEAM OF HOUSEKEEPERS THAT TOOK CARE OF THE HOSPITAL ROOMS, EQUIPMENT. AND THE SUPPLIES. WE ALSO WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEANING THE FLOORS IN THE MAIN SECTION OF THE HOSPITAL.
MY COWORKER WERE VERY GOOD AT THEIR JOBS. MANY HAD BEEN DOING THE SAME JOB EVEN AT THE OLD HOSPITAL YEARS BEFORE. EVEN WHEN THEY WERE EXHAUSTED FROM THE JOB OR THE CHANGE IN HEAT OR COLD I COULD SEE THEM ALWAYS SMILING EVEN WHEN YOU KNEW THEY WERE SAD.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS WHEN THE PATIENTS PASSED AWAY AND WE WERE PUT IN POSITIONS OF HELPING HEAL THE HURT OF THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
MY MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS WHEN I KNEW THAT I LOVED BEING AROUND PEOPLE.
interesting place to work
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Bristol, TNNovember 12, 2013
Bristol allowed me to follow my dreams as a nuclear medicine technologist and help me achieve my goals
Hard work
Floor RN (Former Employee), Bristol, TnNovember 15, 2012
Pros: 3 day work week
Cons: stress
Its a great place to keep your skills from rusting but can be to stressful and intense.
Fast paced and a great company to work for.
Student Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Bristol, TNOctober 22, 2012
The units are very well taken care of. The staff are considerate to the patient's needs as well as the visitors. One of the difficult parts of the job is when you have a lot of different things going on at once. Your stress level can be very high sometimes. What I like most about my job is how important it is for everyone to communicate effectively.
Great teamwork, hard work, be strong
Surgical Scrub Technician (Former Employee), Bristol, TNJune 18, 2012
Pros: each day is a learning experience
Cons: have to be able to take criticism
Good place to work. Good team work. Learn a lot. Good managers.