Bristol Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNNovember 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working at the hospital. The administration was wonderful and cared about their employees. Everyone in my department got along with everyone and there was not any drama. I would recommend working at this facility to anyone.
stressful
PCT (Patient Care Technician)/ Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNNovember 12, 2017
Nurses are rude,
We do not get paid enough
Patients think its a hotel
us PCT's get treated like we do not matter
We do the dirty work and get no appreciation for it.
There is no team work involved
People are constantly talking about one another
Pros
insurance
Cons
short breaks, PTO is hard to come by
Really Great Place To Work
Specialty Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  bristol tnOctober 28, 2017
My coworkers are really good people. Everyone is always willing to teach me more about the different aspects that are involved in my daily job. The hours are also great
Decent place to work, but unpreditible
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TN 37620September 13, 2017
Its a good place to work, so long as you know your place, and not step on anyone's toes. If you know how to get around the staff in order to advance, then you are a shoe in, but if you do your job and you become an intimidation, then you will most likely not be employed for very long.

Most of the staff are great to be around the doctors and nurses on the floor are wonderful. the atmosphere is although fast pace, its fun to go around the various floors retrieving medical charts and meeting and chatting with people.
Pros
I enjoyed helping people and my job
Cons
You never know when you might lose your job
Very poor management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  New Life Birthing Center (OB/GYN)August 11, 2017
There was a time when it took years to get into the coveted Labor and Delivery floor. That is certainly not the case anymore. The turn over is atrocious at best and it is ALL due to management of that department. There is excessive favoritism, denial of problems, and major safety concerns. Management constantly creates drama and a hostile work place. I absolutely love the job itself and most of my coworkers. Just could not tolerate the constant rule changes, lack of respect, and unsafe habits that goes on due to managements shortcomings. I hope one day upper management opens their eyes to the gross negligence and terrible job the current Clinical Leads are doing and have done for years now. Unfortunately, it's all in who you know when it comes to hospital politics. I would go back in a heartbeat if management was replaced. I left on my own terms without hostility towards the company, or hospital, as a whole.
Pros
The job itself is more rewarding than ever imaginable, the patients, coworkers
Cons
Management, management, management
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJuly 20, 2017
If you are willing to stand for 6.5 hours while cleaning and talking then this is a good job for you. The management is good but Sodexo is very cut throat.
political invironment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJuly 11, 2017
Unable to do job properly due to administrative wanting the employees to bow down and kiss their feet. Short staffed and are forced to do job duties outside your perimeters.
I loved this job
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNJune 14, 2017
This is a rewarding place to work and improved many of my nursing skilles here, I learned alot from nursing coworkers with more experience. However I found management to be lacking in fairness.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNMay 23, 2017
Management does not look out for or respect those below them. I enjoy speaking with and spending time with my patients as well as a majority of my co-workers, however, respect is lacking on all fronts.
Pros
Great doctors to work with
Cons
Bad management
Brmc
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNApril 13, 2017
Culture changed and lost job to no fault of my own with job cuts. Worked for wellmont for over 11 years and rarely had legitimate pay increase. Don't take care of employees, felt just like a number not a person
A typical day at work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNApril 9, 2017
Fast-paced at times. My manager is the best manager in the hospital and could not ask for someone better. She helps in anyway she can and we all can always count on her.
I loved the job but the supervisor over the unit was horrible!
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNApril 6, 2017
Great job but horrible horrible supervisor! Ive never met some one that drinks all the time and is so rood to keep a supervisor job. I had to get HR involved and even then nothing was done about it so I just found a better company to work for. Again I have never in my life met someone so vulgar and rood. Good luck if you want a job as a Sterilizing Technician.
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNMarch 24, 2017
Very busy but pay not enough to live on. Hire to many PRN employees and not enough hours to work when to many employees. All employees very nice and patients are very sweet.
Emotional Bullying
House keeper Maid (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNMarch 19, 2017
Ego and verbal abuse from management, low pay, publicly admitted try to keep wages down. Report abuse to lack of safety, security nothing much done about it.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Low pay, bullying, given points towards being fired if not in the CLICK have to work off the clock.
Beware stay away from 2 west
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMarch 8, 2017
The management on 2 west are a joke. Any other floor is amazing to work on just stay away from that floor because of management. Never enough staff to treat patients adequately .
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Worst management I've seen in my 20 yrs nursing experience
Great place to work, and great environment and people.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNFebruary 22, 2017
I loved working at the hospital, I ran into so many different people and helping them with their problems or just carry on a conversation. I love helping and interacting with people. My goals are good customer service, helping others, and protecting my community.
Pros
good benefits, good training, great hospital to work for
Cons
Pay
Enjoyed working here this was a challange
PCT/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNFebruary 9, 2017
While working here everyday was a new experience and a challenged , but I learned something new everyday. I grew in knowledge in so many defiant aspects in the medical field
Very busy but builds skill quickly
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNFebruary 3, 2017
Can be very busy work but allows for building critical skills quickly. Amazing departmental education provided. Respiratory-driven protocols strengthen RTs to be self sufficient and create expertise.
Pros
Respiratory-driven protocols.
Cons
Scheduling was difficult for work/life balance due to tracks.
productive workplace with great patient care
Agency RN (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNOctober 13, 2016
Great learning experiences at the time. Great management and co-workers usually. I just was working two jobs and here prn every time I worked and it got to be too much. Nothing bad to say.
Pros
productive workplace with great pay
Very overworked staff
Oncology/Hospice/Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNAugust 14, 2016
Huge disconnect between executives making decisions and the staff implementing them. Guidelines given to follow are unrealistic to the working staff. Patient to RN ratio to high.