Bristol Employee Reviews

Forever Fun Summer Job
Garland Associate, Vendor Seller (Current Employee) –  16 Farnham WayJune 10, 2016
Bristol Fair has been a second home to me since I was in high school and I am very close with my co-workers. I have worked this job every summer since I was sixteen because you are basically getting paid to have fun and make kids smile. Selling flower crowns to little princesses and making their parents realize the price is worth their child's priceless entertainment, has been a joy for the last 9 years.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Weather dependent
Implementing safety policies and procedures
Site Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXApril 4, 2016
Observing workers and their surroundings, ensure the safety of the workers, maintaining a safer work area, conducting a positive leadership role and communicating with supervisors of any up coming work changes and identifying hazards. I enjoy developing a relationship with co workers and management and understanding their work ethics.
Pros
meeting new people, traveling and learning from one another
Cons
rotation traveling home
Bristol / Camp LeJuene
UXO Tech II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Daily Briefing what's to be accomplished
What Surface clearance really is
Management was great SUXSO, Safety, Team Leader
Good days and Bad, Great group of people
Intermingling with everyone
a typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work involved lots of phone communication with customers regarding, utilities such as Electric, Water, Sewer, Sanitation, cable, internet and phone services for two different states. Concentration and accurate information was key to this job
Proactive and good place to work
Parenteral Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  PRJune 24, 2015
Very good place to work, the co- workers are very proactive. good medical and dental plant. The plant is in exelent location.
Pros
parking area
Cons
good dental plant
Great place
Rehabilitation Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 27, 2014
I loved this job. I only transferred when we where asked to take furlough. Otherwise I would have stayed for a long time.
I love my job and the Behaviors of BMS. I would like to move to Tampa because my fiancee is living there.
Warehouse Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Manati, PRSeptember 29, 2014
My typical day at work is beginning early in the morning when i checked my emails and organize my agenda and see the priority for the day. My job is very dynamic for that reason all the time i learned about the rule of the goverment or something that was change Etc. As part of my resposability is coordinate some activity in the Warehouse when my boss is out i'm in charge of the all activity relate to receiving and shipping. I don't have any negative feedback for my co-workers because i'm a good team player and my opinion about that is if you want to get a excellent result you need to work together for the same goals. The hardest part of my job is i can't say "No" when somebody need any information or favor i give them, and the negative part for that is sometime i'm leaving later.
good place to work
set up A (Current Employee) –  brea californiaSeptember 22, 2014
Im currently set up A , good co workers and management as well
Pros
free lunchs every 3 months and bonus
Cons
good healt plan and 401 k
Good for a first job.
Toy Booth (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNAugust 16, 2014
It was a great place for a starter job. I met alot of good people who kept me up on my bad days! The money i got from this job wasnt great but i never complained I was just happy to have a job! It taught me the responsibility of owning a booth!
Pros
a good learning experience, I was my own boss.
Cons
short breaks, bad pay.
Fast paced and challenging,
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOJune 18, 2014
I lived on site for a 12 bed mental health facility. My job consisted of medication administration, housekeeping, meal preparation. Menu and activity planning. Charting in residents files. Interaction with Dr.s regarding medication changes. Although challenging this position was also very rewarding.
Pros
The day to day interaction with the residents
Cons
Living on sight

Want to know more about Bristol?

Ask a question
Difficult and political environment
Director (Current Employee) –  New BrunswickJune 5, 2014
The organization continues to undergo change and the new management team is anything but professional and definitely not your typical polished Pharma Executives.
Its common to learn new information from your co-workers and expect your boss to ignore your questions, especially your direct ones.
This used to be a great place to work but the great leaders have left or are looking to leave.
The work is great but the environment makes it very hard to get anything done.
Pros
Great products and value the patient
Cons
everything else
Great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAApril 17, 2014
This was a good place to work the management was wonderful and we were very involved in the community
a good place to work. had alot of activities
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  TNFebruary 28, 2014
hard work but we worked together, I learned a lot about patient care. management worked with us. co-workers worked together. we had hard days but we loved working there. patients loved it there. all the employees loved it there.
Pros
if we wanted lunch it was taken out of our pay checks
Cons
the building was closed down
Not able to comment since still employed
Senior Cash Management Analyst - Treasury Group (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 22, 2014
During the employment learned new tasks and skills that didn't have before coming on board.
Pros
Decline
Cons
Decline
A Wonderful Place To Work
Network Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAApril 8, 2013
BVU - Bristol Virginia Utilities Authority is a wonderful place to work. Its a public utility company that also provides Internet, Phone and Cable via a huge Fiber Optic network that BVU built in SW Virginia. The majority of supervisors and higher management people are outstanding, and while it does have some amount of Politics, its not a huge concern. BVU treats their employees with respect, has a vast network of people you can go to when you feel something is not right. Everyone in middle-management and above are extremely competent in their areas.

There are a few problem areas but seriously given all the things that BVU does for its employees, their families & the community they are minor. The CEO is a great man and I have never heard any CEO say things about his people that I ever believed til I met him. He believes in taking care of his people. I had to be hospitalized twice and I never went one day with out pay, due to the generosity of the employees and the policy that you could donate your sick time to others.

I loved everyone there and still do. If I had not decided to come back home to help my sister with new baby, I would still (i hope) be working there.

Hands down, the best job and the best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
lots of activities, lunches, xmas parties, great salary, great people, lots of opportunities.
Cons
anyone not used to having "faith" & "church" intertwined into their work day. but a small thing, very small.
Over 6 years of diversified experience as Validation Analyst/Engineer in FDA regulated environment such as cGMP, cGLP, cGCP and cGDP
Validation Lead (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 4, 2013
Is a good company and the people that worked here have graet values, commitment and are proud of their contribution to enhance the human life.
Knowledge Transfer Leader (Former Employee) –  Humacao Puerto RicoAugust 6, 2012
A typical day was to developmet people, managemnet all aspect of the regulatory training departement and the site objective goal. I worked for BMS for 22 years in many regulatory roles, Quality Auditor, Product Compliance and Site Knowledge Transfer Leader, all of these position represented to me a growth of my professional careers. the hardest part of my job, was an implementation of new ideas or innovated process. The most unjoylable part of my job was the opportunty to develop people.
Pros
benefits, people
Cons
too much work with less people and the lack of management vision to innovate.