British Airways Employee Reviews

Love that job, not the company
Flight Attendant/Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Greater LondonJanuary 11, 2018
I worked for Mixed Fleet out of Heathrow as cabin crew. Mixed Fleet is a low cost, hard-working, harsh terms and conditions newest contract within the BA fleets. You work to the max possible hours, often grounded due to reaching 900 hours per year, low flight pay, low basic. On average you take home around 1400 GBP. The management treats mixed fleet crew as a second-class citizen if not worse. You often hear you can not do this cause you are mixed fleet, or you have to do this cause you are mixed fleet. I loved the job, but not the company.
Pros
staff travel benefits
Cons
low pay, no chance to enjoy the staff benefits
British Airways is a very good place to work in.
Ramp safety coordinator - Customer service (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 30, 2017
A day at British Airways is a great day i learn to deal with first class passengers and with economy passengers.I also learn how to become a great customer service agent as i check in passengers into there flghts and escort to the first class lounge.The hardest part of my job is not being reconize for my talent and my experience.I enjoy what i do as it made me a smarter and more professional person which i can take my talent to another company.
Pros
great comapny to work for overall
Cons
not being reconize for your job ethics
Competive and Fun Work Environment
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 13, 2017
It was great, just no job career advancement offered. Many traveling perks! Opportunity to experience multiple culture with traveling passengers. Fast-paced and we'll organized.
Pros
Traveling Perks
Cons
Low Pay
Great Incentives
Travel Consultant/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2017
We received flight benefits, Vested after 5 years and bonus checks
We had a union that worked hard for us
Overtime was great
Mangers were cool
A lot of room for advancement if you wanted too
fabulous place to work
Customer Service Sales (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 2, 2017
The site in Jacksonville closed. Otherwise, we would all still be with the company.

Awesome travel benefits. The pay was above average for a call center, bonuses were based on your sales so you got what you put into the job. BA treated their employees well. REALLY wish they had not closed the site.
Pros
travel
Cons
site closed
Customer orented enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYNovember 20, 2017
Customers were highly valued
Staff were respected by their peers and management
Manager encouraged team work and provided hands on training.

BA was and amazing company to work for. There employees were loyal.
All of my 21 years working with BA were gratifying
A professional travel culture that made my intelligence greater
Former Senior VIP Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2017
The professional experience with BA was a positive life changing experience. Communication with every culture in the world contributed to my patience and understanding of human kind on a global level, and grateful for the experienance
Pros
Positive professional experience
Cons
BA left to off shore location
Amazing Place to Work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
I worked for British Airways for close to 20 years in sales and marketing. Had amazing experiences and really loved this iconic British brand. Would not trade it for anything!
Pros
Great benefits, iconic British brand, international travel
Cons
Frequent corporate reorganizations, long hours at times (but I loved what I did)
Rewarding.Opportunity to travel the world, meet people from all walks of life. Great job experience. Company to be proud to say you worked for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2017
Very rewarding. Opportunity to travel the world, and meet many people from different walks of life. Great on the job training and experience. Was a company to be proud to say you worked for.
Pros
Benefits, salary, travel
working at ba is the best for me i love what i do very much,helping people is something i take much pride in doing
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  jfk new yorkSeptember 7, 2017
a typical day at work can go from a normal day to a stressful day,depend on the operation or the weather can change that also at times,there are loads of different culture at my job, most of my colleagues are very helpful and we always work together to get the job done and my manager are always there to assist, on some days am also the asst supervisor which my colleagues gives the same support
Pros
trades are good
Cons
been a part time employee for over 10 years
The good days are gone.
Human Resources Advisor (Generalist) - Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
I report to a lot of people with over 25 years experience at British Airways. It's a really big company with a substantial presence in the US, however all major decisions come from the UK which results in communication and strategic decisions being delayed. The hardest part of the job is that there's been so much turnover so training has been limited and I'm flying by the seat of my pants most days. That being said, I am exposed to a lot of different departments and I work on a lot of important HR initiatives for the company because there are so few people with an HR skillset.
Pros
The brand
Cons
UK model does not work well with keeping up to US standards, several HR complications
outstanding and profitable company
Director of Sales Southwest USA, Phoenix, AZ (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2017
company that cared about its employees. Culture was wonderful and the benefits were outstanding. Management listened and took action when required. Fun environment.
Pros
benefits, super management
Cons
Fun job outsourced and closed
Customer Support/Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2017
Great place to work while it lasted. BA closed US office and outsourced. People were friendly and there was much to learn. Unfortunately the place closed.
Fun and Exciting
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  HeathrowAugust 7, 2017
To be cabin crew takes a certain person. Be prepared to be thrown in the deep end but experience and meet some amazing people and explore parts of the world you never expected!
Improvement
Lounge Attendant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 4, 2017
A typical day at work is clocking in, go to a briefing that we do daily to here managers repeat the same lecture about all the things we aren't doing right and no acknowledgement on what we do right. Then we buss dishes and glasses for 7 hours and go home. Management should be more professional and staff should know more English. Uniforms should be less ugly and pay rate should be higher.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
good place but it closed...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RhôneJuly 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for the airlines. British Airways was a small office in Lyon with 60 employees. The general ambiance was cordial and hours were office hours which was great for work life balance.
Very enjoyable career with an International Airline
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2017
With my position as Customer Service Agent there was ongoing education of the airline industry. It was enjoyable while interesting in speaking and assisting customers all over the world. The management staff was always helpful in assisting agents in many different venues, including any customer concerns or conflicts. I would say the hardest part of this position was in meeting expectations of average handling time while providing excellent customer service.
Pros
Resolving issues of air travel with people from all over the world.
Cons
Do not have any cons, as I loved this company and my position.
productive work place
Gate and Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2017
fun places to work.Nice people, everyone was very friendly. Met a lot of different type of people because of the airport setting. nice place to build a resume and grow
n/a
Cargo Import Agent (Former Employee) –  jfk international airportJuly 5, 2017
it's a typical day to day workplace made up work-place culture. it's always busy, can be hectic and some days insane. people and management are great to work with.
High paced work environment
Duty Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 4, 2017
Very professional organization that strives to meet on time deadlines while maintaining a safe work environment and providing a quality product for there Customer airlines.
Cons
Staffing levels too low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Airways. Our community is ready to answer.