BRITISH RED CROSS

BRITISH RED CROSS Employer Reviews

Great place to work where you meet beautiful people
Field Representative (Direct Sales) (Former Employee), Manchester UKSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: full of fun
Cons: yes long long hours
Everyday was an another day full of fun and a continuous learning process. A great chance to meet new people everyday and share ideas with them, teaming up with them and having lots of fun while working.

Our management was more like a friend. We met them twice a day everyday. Always found them with full of energy and enthusiasm.

I learned a great – more... deal of confidence in myself and the product, or the cause in this case.Team work, leading the team, tight sales targets, socializing are some the other things I learnt from the job. – less
Confident, committed.
Volunteer (Current Employee), London, ENGSeptember 11, 2014
I'm volunteering and contributing with all the Administrative Stuff. I'm one of the volunteers and staff responsible to attend the clients, answer the phone, make appointments, submit new clients in the system and filing.
Prodivce and Fun to work
Shop Assistant/ Volunteer (Former Employee), Plymouth, ENGSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: lunchtime
Cons: long hours sometimes
The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in the morning and having a laugh with my co-workers and the customers
Laid back workplace
Account Administrator (Former Employee), PaisleySeptember 3, 2014
Pros: laid back, stress free enviroment
As part of the accounts payable team i would cover a wide range of roles from general data entry & processing of orders and payments to journals for national contracts.

I learned a lot of office based skills in this role finding my way around Microsoft Office alot more in this role. I was in charge of mainly utilities that where essential for the day – more... to day operations for shops, making sure their bills where paid and up to date.

As the Red Cross is a charity it had a very laid back feel around the office and i felt that this some times reflected in the work produced by some employees.

I did enjoy my time with the British Red Cross but i needed to be in a more fast paced enviroment. – less
Enjoyable, great learning curve
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee), Bishop Auckland, ENGSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: short hours
Cons: small work area in back of shop
Working here I learnt that due to it being a charity shop, people may not come in at all one day then loads another day, it also showed me the work you have to do to sort through items which are acceptable to sell. The work staff and management were all very friendly and were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was tagging clothes correctly – more... as it is only meant to be tagged once. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers in the shop when they required assistance. – less
Great place for fun and make your feel good
Volunteer (Former Employee), Bournemouth, ENGSeptember 3, 2014
if you want to work for money? this is not a great place. but If you want to work with great people and fun and lively place. yes!!!!
Friendly diverse workforce.
Sunday Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Minehead, ENGAugust 25, 2014
I enjoyed working at the British Red Cross, there were a wide variety of people who volunteered and was always nice to find out about their lives. They were friendly and always wanted to get to work and get lots done.
The hardest part was sometimes being on my own with no volunteers as it would mean I had to spend the day in the shop and no stock could – more... be put out. – less
Internship
Recovery Team Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee), LondonAugust 21, 2014
The purpose of this internship was to explore the use of social safety nets to support vulnerable groups in contexts of conflict and other situations of violence. I was obliged to analyse available publication on this topic and write a report on these findings.
Fun Workplace and hard work
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee), Carlisle, ENGAugust 16, 2014
Pros: all staff are friendly and inviting as soon as you walk through the door.
Cons: untidy most of the time and can't hardly move around the back/ office.
It is a really inviting environment and the staff are good company to work aside and it is for a good course because we are also raising money for people to learn medical procedures and save lives in the process. It is also a busy environment because we need to sort out all the deliveries that come to the shop and organise them in some sort of order. – more... It is also busy in the actual shop floor because we have loads of customers come in and sometimes ask for certain things and we have a look for them things for them and help them find another place which may have what they are looking for, so I am very proud to be volunteering there because I know that it helps people. Even the managers are outgoing and help you if you need it and make sure that you are feeling welcome, which I always do. The hardest part of the job would be tagging the products because sometimes you can catch yourself with the needle and have to change it. The most thing that I enjoy about the job is the staff and customers because I find out so much from them and learn new things each time. – less
Interesting work
Sunday Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Yeovil, ENGAugust 11, 2014
Pros: friendly; always plenty to do
Cons: none!
No two days are the same. You don't know what's going to be in stock - among the more mundane things are some weird and wonderful articles.

You meet a very wide variety of people, both customers and colleagues.

Colleagues are mostly volunteers, from retired people who want to do something with their time, to young ones who want to do something useful – more... and gain work experience at the same time.

You know that ultimately you are doing your part to help people in crisis and that's a great thing! – less
Fun place to work.
Charity Collector (Former Employee), Liverpool, ENGAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good fun atmosphere with a chance to earn good money.
Cons: long hours and a lot of travelling involved.
A typical day at work would consist of. Pitching to customers on the door step, Explaining the benefits of donating to a charity,Taking payment details and accurately filling donation forms, Working as a team to achieve set sales targets, Responsible for maintaining of self motivation as well as supporting team members, Working to a set plan. I learnt – more... how to pitch to customers and achieve sales targets. The management was good as they let me choose the days I wanted to work as I had other obligations. My co workers were all good fun and I got on well with them and we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was arriving at work at 10 AM and not getting the bus home until 10:30 PM and sometimes knowing yo have made no sales so that days work has got you no pay. The most enjoyable part of the job was going door to door and building relationships with the customers. – less
Understanding and helpful
Volunteer (Current Employee), Pheonix ParkAugust 3, 2014
At the Red Cross, a typical session involves cleaning any equipment that has come back the day before, checking the phone for messages, dealing with customers that have come to collect equipment, doing the paperwork for the loans and dealing with general enquiries. My co-workers are lovely people to work with, always will to help if needs be and to – more... cover if you can't make it in for your session. My manager is equally supportive with both staff and volunteers and always tries to be around for any problems. The hardest part of the job is having to try and sort out all customers who come for equipment in a reasonable amount of time and to deal with the constant influx of calls. The most enjoyable part of the job if knowing that you are helping those who need it. – less
great place to work
Admin Assistant (Temporary Contract) (Former Employee), swanseaJuly 30, 2014
always had something to do, never a dull moment, lovely people to work with very friendly
Productive work place
Volunteer (Former Employee), MitchamJuly 28, 2014
I learned a lot of things through BRC. I enjoy volunteering there.
Enjoyed helping there
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dunfermline,July 24, 2014
Pros: cups of tea and good conversation
Cons: had to leave
very nice manageress she became my friend and it was fun at times good to get out the house
Therapeutic care
Therapeutic care (Current Employee), Worcester, ENGJuly 23, 2014
I take care of patients at Prrshore hspital, I talk to them, cut nail and shoulder and hand massage.
Rewarding job and good workplace environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGJuly 19, 2014
Pros: for charity
Cons: no pay
At the moment I volunteer work at the british red cross in Droylsden near my home. I have been volunteering there for over a year. I work every Saturday and gained many skill whilst working . I have improved my communicating skill when dealing with customers and developed my confidence.
Great experience for a first job
Door to door sales (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGJuly 18, 2014
This was my first ever proper job, and was great in teaching me lots of new life skills that were very much needed. Typical day was simple really you come in and serve customers with a friendly happy face whilst operating tills replenishing stock and occasionally staying behind to help clean when shop had shut.
Affiliated and open minded work place and collegaues
Shop Volunteer (Current Employee), SheffieldJuly 16, 2014
Pros: working with a lot of kind of people
Cons: no payment
Keeping the store organised and tidy
Window dressing
Keeping contact with the customers
Exceptional
Various (Former Employee), Luton, ENGJuly 8, 2014
As this was voluntary work, I went unpaid, but what I wanted to gain from this was experience while I attended college.
Because the work was voluntary I was able to choose what time I would come in and how often I would attend, the day would often follow a standard structure, come in, stack shelves, help customers etc. and then the day was finished.
I – more... learnt all the basics of holding a job together and learning to communicate with my collegues and the public.
The management was good, the shop was always running efficiently and it certainly proved a proffessional buisiness.
There was no real hard part for me just the constant tedious tasks we were given, but I did not mind this as I was always willing to work.
the most enjoyable part of the job was by far the interaction with the customers, I was able to help them with gratitude directed back at me. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About BRITISH RED CROSS

The British Red Cross is part of the world's largest independent humanitarian network - the International Red Cross and Red Crescent – Read more

BRITISH RED CROSS Photos