BroadbandTV (BBTV) is rapidly growing media and technology company that provides distribution and monetization opportunities for thousands of online video creators worldwide. With more than 800 million video impression network-wide on YouTube, BC Business Magazine has ranked BBTV as "the most innovative company in BC" in 2012. For more information, please visit http://broadbandtvcorp.com/thepress/
We are currently searching for an experienced back-end developer to become a part of our expanding team. As a member of our research & development department, you will be working on some of the most advanced tools and products for the emerging online video market. A detailed-oriented individual, who is well versed in many different aspects of web development would be ideal for this position.
- Experience programming back-end components of complex web-based applications.
- Mastery of at least one object oriented programming language, including modern software architecture and design patterns.
- Skilled at creating database schemas and writing efficient queries.
- Can efficiently work in a collaborative coding environment.
- Demonstrated passion for pursuing emerging web technologies.
Competitive candidates will have experience in some of the following:
- Develop web-based applications that include BBTV’s current suite of machine learning and information management technologies.
- Assisting in the development of tools and utilities to fulfill the company’s operational and organizational needs.
- Assisting the management with establishing processes of direction and control.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company’s organizational needs.
- Expanding one’s knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
If you meet these qualifications, we encourage you to send your resume and a link to your online portfolio to jobs-at-broadbandtvcorp-dot-com. Competitive compensation packages offered based on experience.