BroadbandTV (BBTV) is a fast-paced media & technology company that provides distribution and monetization opportunities for video content creators around the world. We are currently looking for talented developers for our remote locations outside of Vancouver. BC Business Magazine has ranked BBTV as "the most innovative company in BC" in 2012.
We are looking for a senior back-end developer to become part of our team and assist us with developing some of the exciting projects that we are working on. As a senior developer, you will be working closely with research, development, design and marketing teams to address the development needs of these groups.
Qualifications & Requirements (technical):
- At least 4 years of full-time hands-on experience with LAMP stack
- Ability to write organized and clean code, which can be easily shared by the team
- Demonstrated ability in architecting enterprise software, API development and data warehousing
- Ability to create highly interactive web pages and web apps
- Good working knowledge of HTML 5 and CSS is a PLUS
- Experience with UNIX/Linux system administration and web server configuration is a PLUS
- Prior experience with processing multimedia is a PLUS
- Previous experience with developing commercial software is a PLUS
- Previous experience with Google data API and Google chart API is a PLUS
- UX / UI design knowledge is a PLUS
- Having a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field is a PLUS
Qualifications & Requirements (personal):
- Proven track record in strategic planning, design and implementation of technology strategy
- Must have a great personality, be a great team player and must have entrepreneurial drive
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences (written and verbal)
- Must demonstrate the ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to motivate people in a team-oriented environment
- Meticulous attention to details
- Continuously develop and provide support for BBTV’s current suit of machine learning and information management technologies (mostly web-based)
- Develop web-based modules for websites and servers
- Developing tools and utilities to make day-to-day operations run smoothly and efficiently in an office environment
- Assist with the maintenance of the infrastructure (Internal use and external webservers and the like), including Server administration (installation, updates, repairs, Workstation and Network setup and maintenance
- Assist the senior management with establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company’s organizational needs.
- Collaborate with UI/UX Designers and potential customers to prepare wireframes or mockups of a prototype of the company’s web application.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely
- Share knowledge and educate the organization’s management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure assigned technical duties are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
If you meet these qualifications, we encourage you to send us a cover letter and a copy of your resume to jobs-at-broadbandtvcorp-dot-com.
Indeed - 20 months ago
BroadbandTV (BBTV) is a media & technology representing over 6,500 content creators on YouTube. BBTV is currently the 4th largest...