Broadcast Music, Inc

Broadcast Music, Inc Employee Reviews

Great Place to work with great benefits and flexible work schedule
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 19, 2016
Broadcast Music was a great company to work for. I enjoyed the many benefits of the company which included a matching 401 K, great health benefits. We could work at home and create your own schedule. I had great co-workers that treated me and everybody with respect. The hardest part of the job was managing the volume of customer inquiries and dealing with difficult customers when certain processes did not apply to there needs. I miss the company after 13 years but had to move out of Nashville.
Great work life balance
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 7, 2015
BMI is a very passionate about the music industry and its affiliates. The work life balance is the greatest perk of being an employee. The benefits package far exceeds the average offering especially in the area of the 401(k) contributions. Company works hard to maintain its market share and reputation as an industry leader. The company also takes the time to acknowledge accomplishments and strive to do even better. Best part of the job was working with some great people. The organization tends to be very resistant to change and slow to react to industry change. Not very much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Excellent work life balance
Cons
No much opportunity for advancement
I have got a chance to work with the client directly and had one-to-one interaction daily. I am a workaholic and love to work under any circumstances.
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2015
As soon as I step into the office, I used to make a note of my tasks and work accordingly thorough out the day to finish them.
I worked with a team under a healthy competitive environment.
Also Working with the client directly, gave me a chance to learn new things and made me think innovative.
Good company - great people - fun industry
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2015
Great company to work for as a stepping stone but nowhere to move around. Many people are favored and salaries are very low considering all the work we do and upper management we support.
Pros
Fun events, listen to music all day while you work
Cons
No mobility, low salary, no communication between upper management and staff
Productive, stern but not strict, friendly people. Relaxed Fridays (casual dress)
Computer Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 29, 2015
This was a fun business dealing with songwriters etc. The people were friendly and hardworking. Management was always present and interacted with employees daily ensuring the job is getting done right. Office environment was very professional, clean and organized. No clutter or personal artifacts on desk were allowed. The hardest part of job was taking time of busy schedule to write reports on status of ongoing projects. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work itself.
Pros
Free coffee and underground/covered secure parking.
Cons
Incredible company to work for
Manager, Commercial Radio Monitoring (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 22, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment and career in the music industry. Being a non-profit organization, the salary was not as good as I thought it would be for a well established company such as BMI. However, benefits were excellent and still are even after retirement!
Pros
Fairly relaxed atmosphere, wonderful co-workers
Cons
Salary/raises/recognition
good company
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2014
This is a good company to work for. Great experience. Good people
Not as glamorous as it appears
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 30, 2014
Typical day is 7.5 hours plus a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Also two 15 minute breaks are allowed per day. Most work is data-entry oriented with occasional special projects. Very minimal music industry knowledge is required to preform job functions. Main job function is manually entering music performance data from TV and Film cue sheets into a royalty payment system. The company uses its music industry status to attract job applicants but most departments operate with a very corporate feel more like working at a bank than a music company. There is a lot of turnover with this position because the compensation is extremely low and the workload continues to increase. The company is facing some legal issues that may threaten its viability and relevance in the future because Management has neglected to change the business model or keep up with industry changes,
Pros
Ability to work from home 3-4 days per week
Cons
Poor Management, No Upward Mobility, Only a 37.5 hour work week, Low pay and large workload
Excellent place to work within a competitive and exiting industry
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 5, 2014
I'm a former employee and loved working for BMI. Is an exciting and fun company, working in a great industry that allow you to grow professionally and personally. Will recommend everyone that has the opportunity to work for BMI.
Team management
General Licensing Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 22, 2013
A typical day at BMI would have to consist of meeting goals and deadlines on projects, research analyst, collecting data to present to legal team.
Pros
Management team
Cons
Part time
Welcoming and motivated workforce all with a passion of music.
Licensing Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2013
Work consists of the music licensing business and collecting royalties to be redistributed to our artists. Management was friendly and highly focused. Coworkers became friends. Most enjoyable part of the job was being exposed to new artists. Hardest part of the job was repetitive assignments.
Not a place anybody that wants to grow
Senior Accountant Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 9, 2012
I wouldn't advise anyone to apply for this company unless they know someone who works there. This company provides no room for advancement and very unfair in all aspects of the job. They love to have parties for everybody in the company and exclude the employees. Broadcast pays the senior management well and forgets about the employees.
Pros
birthdat parties and 37.5 work week
Cons
very low pay, makes the employees feel unwanted
great company, interesting work
Regional Dirsctor (Former Employee) –  Northern CAFebruary 26, 2012
Industry has changed relative to technologies. Working with businesses to comply with copyright law
Pros
interesting work
Cons
industry under pressure