Broadcasting Board of Governors Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 19, 2016
Great learning experience, the staff was great and I really learned so much from them and the managers. Would love to have stayed but the contract was ending.
Great mission, misguided and inept management
Editor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2015
The organization is going through some difficult challenges and changes. That said, management is incapable of executing them smoothly or creatively.

There is absolutely no accountability anywhere in the entire organization. Employees and upper mgt routinely -- and without consequences -- flouting basic professional rules and regulations.

There's a reason it remains at the bottom of the annual survey of best places to work in the US government.
Pros
solid pay and benefits
Cons
zero accountability
Great mission, needs work
Assistant to the Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 16, 2013
The agency has a wonderful mission, but its structure is confusing and prevents innovation and progress.
A very diverse multicultural.
IT management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2013
A very interesting diverse environment to work in.

A great group of people to work with.
Pros
excellement medical dental/vision
Cons
high pressure enviroment.
Productive and easy going environment
Web Content Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2012
I enjoyed working in a great environment. The people were very friendly and willing to expose new recruits to the details of the everyday work experience.
The worst place to work in the Federal Government.
Ms. Aurandt was a Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2012
Management does not care about employees in this organization. It has the lowest rating for management by OPM. The managers are horrible. The people in the Human Resources office lie. One of the women that I met in Human Resources is actually banned from touching the Human Resources for one entire part of the organization (through judicial proceedings).

I would not work here. I was subjected to harrassment and a hostile work environment and management covered it up. I would stay in private sector, you make more money and they care more about their employees. I came from the private sector and there was a HUGE difference in management style. Maybe I just had a bad boss but I think the OPM ratings reflect the poor management is a widespread issue.
Pros
the pay was good.
Cons
horrible manager