Broadspire, a Crawford Company Employee Reviews

Nice group of people
Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJuly 28, 2017
Nice place to work most of the time. Good benefits. they have nice holiday parties. All the supervisors are pretty nice. Not of the employees will socialize with each other
The worst place I ever worked at
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 23, 2017
I worked with a specific woman there, who didn't like me no matter how hard I tried to do my work better, she threw me under the bus and eventually one day one I came to work, I was walked to the front door and told that things are not working out. I was given no reason as to why they terminated. At Broadspire, if management or people with influence doesn't like you you will never succeed there and they will eventually get rid of you. There is no organization, one day you are in one dept. the next day they move you without explaining why can you stay where yo were. Managers have no idea how to handle the work load and they have no one on one's. They never give you any written feedback and they make it look like everything is great, only to back-stab you.

The managers have no idea how to handle the workload.
Pros
Some of my co-workers were nice to work with.
Cons
Unless you are friends with management you will never move up, have raises or be promoted
Flexible work schedules
Administrative Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 13, 2017
My experience with my Broadspire manager has been great. Overall environment seems to be very flexible. Advancement is not feasible as not many level I positions open up. However, it is possible.
Excellent Management
Disability Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 8, 2017
I learned all about the short term and long term disability products for UPS and other accounts. I learned to manage my time and was always able to complete my assigned work each day.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Work at home
Excellent company
Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 28, 2017
Good benefits, nice office, nice food, friendly and helpful people. Growing fast, and still with an overall good culture.
Team Oriented
Sr. Lead Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Team oriented with positive atmosphere allows building relationships with all stakeholders involved.
Support by Management and account executives work and collaborate with brokers and insured's on special account handling instructions and preparation to bring claims to resolution. Monthly and quarterly review allow issues to be surfaced and discussed to provide solution and identify trends or training that may be needed to impact bottom dollar line for insured's.
Opportunity to work a flexible schedule to assist in handling personal matters and appointments during week where appointments are not available during weekend. Allow adjusters to work independently to bring claims to resolution.
Training provide to assist in meeting hours needed for Continuing Education credits per year or every two years as per State of California 30 hours needed.
Reports provided to show metrics and allow friendly reminders of what is needed to meet goals/expectations of job.
Key performance review done on quarterly basis that allows adjuster to meet and obtain additional salary such as bonus on quarterly basis.
There is also tuition reimbursement and continuing education support as well as additional bonuses depending on designations being pursued.
There is also benefit package to choose from depending on need of the employee as well as other benefit options to chose from for savings, retirement, health insurance options for HMO and PPO, as well as deductible options, dental, vision, and life insurance policy options.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
monthly/quarterly claim reviews
Coorperate Company
Nurse case manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 14, 2017
Beware, this is a company that is strictly interested in billable hours, not quality case management. Case loads can be extremely heavy-50-60, and involve extensive travel, so by the time you get home in the evening you still have hours of billing and report writing to do. Whe case referrals go down they lay off!! Lousy work/home balance!!! They are very deadline oriented, and put a lot of pressure on the case manager to get high billable hours and reports in on time. Management is not local, so there is no one available for questions or issues except by phone and in other states that do not have the same rules as the state you work in. You are definitely a cog in the corporate wheel here -no loyalty to employees!!!
Pros
company car, good benefits
Cons
no job security, high case loads
Awful!
Do not work there (Current Employee) –  Don't careJanuary 5, 2017
Workers compensation departments is disgusting; they keep delaying my weekly checks months at a time. No one responds when they do, the manager is nasty. I am now permentatly disabled bc they kept delaying the medical services I need! They don't care that they ruin people's lives!! The managers and the company should be ashamed of themselves! Paid for my groceries with gift cards bc they have not sent my checks in over a month, not the first time. Shame on you! Do not ever ever work for this company.
Pros
Non
Cons
Horrible Workers Comp Manager. Aida Garcia; god bless you if you get her and she has your case.
Lack of management support
Disability Benefit Specialiat (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 26, 2016
Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience working at BS. I do not want to go in detail about my experience but would not recommend the disability unit Due to the management or lack of.
Broadspire is a great place to grow
Disability Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 6, 2016
I started working at Broadspire 06/2016 and I have already been awarded a certificate for performance. My management supports me and wants me to grow.
Pros
Great employee growth, and easy going supporting management
Cons
benefits are pricy
from customer who has a disability claim
customer (Former Employee) –  floridaAugust 26, 2016
Broadspire withheld my disability check, accused me of working when I wasn't, didn't tell me that my manager left or that I had a new manager, didn't tell me they needed certain medical paperwork, then put my claim on hold. I can't pay my mortgage or even buy food.
I have to get a lawyer now that I can't afford. If the company treats their clients this way, how do they treat their employees?
stressful place to work
Sr. Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2016
very stressful place to work. High claims count with too many accounts on one adjuster.
Manager was a micro-manager.
people were great to work with but everyone was unable to keep up with their work loads.
Intern
Intern (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAAugust 17, 2016
Great company with plenty of opportunities to grow and advance. This is a great opportunity for anyone that wants to learn about insurance and the claims world.
Crawford
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2016
Company has been going downhill since 2014. Consistently miss revenue targets and compensate by laying off employees and outsourcing jobs. I would be concerned about my job if I worked here. Job advancement is not good. Brought in new CEO from Fast Food industry to turn things around.
Pros
Good people, friendly
Cons
Job security, decentralized mangement
Very ambiguous environment and lower than market compensation
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2016
This company has been going through restructure for the past 20 years. No one can explain a process so there is absolutely no formal or informal training. There are no opportunities for advancement other than leaving the company. The morale is lower than low and management is all about covering themselves and padding their bank accounts rather than retaining actual talent and sharing the wealth.
Pros
Work from home once a week
Cons
Below standard compensation for the Atlanta market
Crawford
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2016
I would like to remain a professional partner so at this time I would have to decline giving a specified review. However this is a review within it's self.
Pros
Great people
Cons
N/a
Stable Company
Billing & Credit (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2016
This company has been around for several years. Company is very relaxed and is a stable company. Good company to work for.
Great environment
Bilingual Medical Case Manager II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2016
Various opportunities for the RN.
Great supervision and mentorshipship
Excellent work/life balance.
Great schedules, no holidays or weekends
Multi Tasking a Must...
Information Reporting ?Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2016
Supplies:
Ordering Supplies as Department needs it.
Priniter/Copier/Fax Machines

Risk Tech and RT Control Request Procedures:
CMS2
fun place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 28, 2016
I enjoy working for Broadspire for 26 years The knowledge and experience I receive from Broadspire was rewarding, not to mention the good people I met. A typical day Morning coffee, nose to the grInd, focusing on accuracy while processing multiple state.
I learned how to code and analyze medical bills, understanding the terminology of the doctor report, Able to apply the correct ICD9 & ICD -10. Management is supportive and available. After 26 years, I can say I met a few good friends. Everyone made an effort to respect each other. The hardest part for me is when I didn't make my quote for the day. But we had two weeks to make it up. The most enjoyable part is making my qoute.
Pros
Company appreciation
Cons
Not be able to take breaks sometime