Broadview Education Consortium Employee Reviews

No value for employees
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJanuary 17, 2018
I worked in the umbrellas Globe/Broadview Cosmetology school. My school manager was amazing, however the director was not in the state of understanding concerns, problems, and ALWAYS was on the students side. More concerned about quantity then quality of students . Kept instructors under FT so not to give benefits or paid time off.
Pay the instructors so bad that there is a massive turnover to seasoned instructors who had worked for them for a long time, because of lack of pay increases. The director is more worried about appearances rather then the legit running of the school. So fake.
Pros
Amazing co instructors!
Cons
Pay and Support
Will hire anyone to teach and never get a raise
Veterinary Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  UtahJanuary 8, 2018
The school has gone through so many changes each quarter that the overall structure was broken. There was poor communication from corporate to students.
Pros
Education benefits
Cons
Horrible pay
The left hand does not know what the right hand it doing
Program Chair for the Massage Therapy Program (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 3, 2017
Very poor management coming from Corporate Office but very good management at the local level. Continually promised and told things and none of it came to fruition.
Cons
no pay raises for over 6 years due to poor financial management at corporate level
workflow
Adjunct professor for radiology (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 1, 2017
Taught basic radiology course to students that were going though a MA course

had to set up an entire class

hardest part was to keep 4 students intoned for 3 hours of teaching
Pros
ipad
Cons
didnt last longer
Students were great, the rest not so much
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 9, 2017
Globe was definitely not a place I was proud to say I worked. They are now Broadview University, hoping the general public won't realize that it's always been essentially the same company owned by the same people with the same programs. "Leadership" was a joke and as a general rule they couldn't be trusted. They'd tell you what you wanted to hear, but then the truth was quite the opposite. They'd put a target on your back if they decided they didn't like you, and everyone with a target was gone within a year. Even when the campus was young, the turnover was CRAZY.
Pros
Students
Cons
Management on the local and corporate level
as a school it was okay, as an employer I would not recommend
Student Library Worker (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJuly 15, 2017
I was a student worker, and did not have a totally great experience but the limitations that were in place would make sense in a way but I do not believe that they were very realistic in a way
Light
IT Program Chair (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 12, 2017
Fun environment until student enrollments went down. They expected a lot from their full time Associate Deans to recruit students and grow program with no staff and no budget
Pros
students
Cons
Cheap
Wonderful school
Full-time Student, Veterinary Technician Program (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJune 11, 2017
I have had the opportunity to work with numerous technicians over the years that attended other universities. I have discovered that I received an education at Globe that was more hands on and advanced than programs around the country.
I enjoyed working for Broadview University and would work there again if the opportunity arose.
Medical Assisting Program Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 4, 2017
My work days were busy and productive. I enjoyed the management and culture of the school. The hardest part of my job was that they closed my program and I was forced to leave the company. I enjoyed the students the most.
Pros
Great work schedule, great staff, great students.
Cons
The program closed after a short short period of time, I don't feel it was ever given a chance to succeed.
Growing privately held university system.
Online Faculty, Manager of Course Development (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNMay 27, 2017
Worked both full time and part time at this university. Owners were available to employees and managers communicated effectively at all levels. Exciting time to work for this employer.

Want to know more about Broadview Education Consortium?

Ask a question
N/a
HR Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNFebruary 8, 2017
Everyone is nice a day at work, everyone helps me grow, and managers are always there to assist their employees. Great company to work with, they offer free tuition and for employees and training.
Flexible, fun, work environment
Adjunct Veterinary Technician Instructor (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 28, 2016
If you are a great independant worker looking for flexible hours and a rewarding work experience then apply to Globe!

You can teach a class that fits your schedule.
Helping students
Financial Aid Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 18, 2016
Helping students with payments and explaining charges and taking payments and explaining how to read and understand their ledger card. Helping with graduation and seeing the students walk across the stage.
Productive learning environment; professional staff
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 13, 2016
Globe University allowed me to get my start in the civil sector as an adjunct instructor. It has been rewarding, challenging and an amazing opportunity for growth and experience.
Great team environment, opportunity for personal and professional growth, upper management terminally flawed
Employee (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTSeptember 12, 2016
Local employee groups work diligently to develop and implement policies, procedures, and activities designed to deliver quality career education. Team works well together. Great communication at a local level. Opportunity for faculty and staff to contribute collectively or excel independently is afforded.

BVU is a privately held company with ownership and an administrative team that are often disconnected with the market and target market alike leading to limitations and high levels of stress.
Pros
Great co-workers, people care about each other and performance outcomes
Cons
Stress and poor payscale
Adjunct faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 7, 2016
Liked my job and was told I'd get full time but others were hired in my place for that despite my hard work. Very poor pay. Some degree of disrespect for differences. Cannot trust too much transition and lots of cuts.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Don't bother
Program Chair (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 13, 2016
Globe University is a good place to work. It has a solid culture with supportive management. Advancement and full time opportunities are inconsistent. In addition, compensation is not the best in education.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Great Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 11, 2016
Globe is a great place to work but, the compensation isn't great. The job advancement is very slim as well.

Co-workers are great. The hardest part about the job is the placement/advancement and no compensation for almost three years.
Student administrative Ast.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 23, 2016
Typically multitasking incoming phone calls, in-office IM internal messages with employees in their offices, greeting students, clients and miscellaneous guests walking in and out the front door of the university was a pleasure for me.

In the later evening I was able to also deal with people while doing my own personal class work for the university which, is obviously another multitasking endeavor. Although not always an easy task. I also enjoyed working with the teaching staff on a personal yet, professional basis. I also enjoyed assisting them get prepared for their next day's classes by preparing paperwork, copies and "behind the scene" work.

Sending and receiving faxes, priority and certified mail and daily mail distribution, working with the full time day administrative assistant in ordering supplies, keeping stock of school office supplies. Keeping and following daily procedures to help ensure the office to always ran smoothly and efficiently.

Preparing meeting rooms for campus meetings and classes was always nice also. It always felt great knowing what I was performing a role that had immediate specific importance in assisting other employees and teachers positions and roll's on campus easier for them which, kept me very busy.

Along the way, it was great knowing the office staff as a person not, just as another student.
Pros
The people, students and business clientele.
Cons
Multitasking between school work and my actual job.
Great staff in Green Bay
Animal Care Duty Lead CVT/Academic Mentor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 12, 2016
I truly enjoy working at Globe University in Green Bay. They have a great staff. I will miss working with them and helping the students.
Pros
Great Veterinary team, caring staff.
Cons
School closing, no position in Appleton campus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broadview Education Consortium. Our community is ready to answer.