Broadview Networks

Broadview Networks Employer Reviews

Alot to be desired
Tier 2 Lead Support Provisioner (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
My former co workers were a pleasure to work with everyday. The work load and pay are not compatible. You spend the majority of your day defending your work and having more responsibilities placed on your with no compensation or incentives. Upper management is clueless to the everyday needs of the employees on the front end. Customers feel the tension – more... between upper management and the front end employees – less
Enjoyable work environnment
Director (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2014
Learn a great deal about handling multiple responsibilities.
Great commraderie
Data Activations Engineer (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: good learning environment
Cons: sweatshop mentality
Numbers game - do as many installations as possible - sometimes seemed like a sweat shop.
Great place to work, good coworkers, and strong management.
Provisioning Specialist (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day at work was always varied by the many different tasks alloted to me for toll free orders, account codes, and numerous request from the Sales, Technicians, Customer Service, Enterprise Service Group and Project Managers.
Webinar Training was available for training purposes.
Management made monthly reviews and scored our actual work.
I enjoyed – more... working with my co workers.
Many urgent requests had to be worked constantly.
Broadview gave us many fleece jackets, gym bags, and umbrellas as gifts.
Also we had regular Company luncheons and periodic Company meetings. – less
long hours low pay no support from management
Hardware Supervisor and Field Technician (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYFebruary 16, 2014
I have a nondisclosure agreement and will not go into it any more than that.
Rewarding Company , Great Memories
Corporate Sales Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: managers, over all feeling of accomplishment, flexable, understanding the needs of there employees
I worked for Broadview Networks 1 month Shy of 8 Yrs. They were always Fair and provided room for advancement. I enjoyed my managers and co-workers tremendously. Personal growth has always been important to me and I appreciated that Broadview encouraged that.
Telecommunication Sales
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: ability to be autonomous while having to report and hit goals.
Cons: internal managerial posturing and technical issues
Start up with huge potential. Lost its way and then found it again. Tough competition from other communication companies. Growing pains but had a solid core.
No One Sells Anything
Account Executive (Former Employee), NYCFebruary 4, 2014
The base salary and allowances aren't bad... but no one sells anything. The product and service are terrible.. It's a highly competitive marketplace to begin with, but BVN makes it nearly impossible to succeed. The only people who do well here are immoral hustlers.
No future
Technician (Current Employee), NYDecember 13, 2013
Cons: see above
As a 10 year employee, I can say its been a waste of time. No pension, no 401k match, no raies, last 2 were less than 50 cents an hour (gee thanks) Poor health benefits that change every year only to get worse, poor management team who couldnt care less and do NOT support the staff, they give you days off but reprimand and write you up for using them – more... . Everything here is getting outsourced to the Philippines. Customers hate this company and take it out on you. Stay far away from Broadview! I cant believe how far its gone down the tubes in the last 10 years. – less
Hard Place to work
Employee (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 18, 2013
This is a tough place to work I wouldn't recommend it. Its challenging and there is no consistent leadership. Training is outdated. The salaries are low and bankruptcy didn't help.
Glorified telemarketer
Account Executive (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 29, 2013
required to spend a lot of time over the phone. Product is inferior to competitors. A miserable place to work. Coworkers being fired constantly for not meeting numbers
Great company to work for
Data Repair Technician II (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2013
Pros: skills obtained, co-workers, environment
I've learned a great deal of skills while working at Broadview Networks. Although my time was short, working with my peers was very enjoyable
It was more down market than where I wanted to be.
Major Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2013
The culture was not to my liking, and the product set was not up market.
Horror through and through
Sales TSM (Former Employee), NYCMarch 12, 2013
Company claimed bankruptcy in 2012. Somehow managed to pull through. Sales people come and go in 3 months. Most get fired for not being able to sell to quotas that are too high. No training at all. Poor management at every level. Benefits are very expensive with high deductibles. Run away...
up and down moments with this company, to many bosses
Telephone Repair Technician (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJanuary 7, 2013
Too many bosses.
field inbound calls
didnt learn much outside of what was instructed to do
loved my co workers though but they really didnt want you mingling with them
hardest part of job was dealing with managment
most enjoyable part of job was customer service week which was taken away from us and when I had off
Broadvieww
Repair Tech (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: periodic free lunches, healthcare, free unlimited monthly metrocards
Cons: n/a
Broadview Networks was a great experience to learn troubleshooting, customer service skills in a call center environment I did escalations with other telecommunication vendors , field technicians, confirm satisfaction of repair with customer open,troubleshoot and close trouble tickets for customers.
BVN summary
Financial Analyst - Collections (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2012
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: no growth
Great place to start out however no room for growth. People are very friendly but there are no incentives to stay and company is constantly shrinking.
Very laid back office environment
Receptionist / Facilities Administrator (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYJuly 10, 2012
The employees at Broadview Networks are fun and friendly and were a pleasure to work with.
Hard working sales exucutive
Sales Director NYC (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 5, 2012
Pros: hard working
Cons: hard working
With a professional sales, marketing and management career of nearly two decades, I possess the talents, abilities and experience that gets business done. From my time on Wall Street to my current IP Based & Managed Services sales career, I have consistently excelled and performed amidst the most challenging of circumstances and have successfully negotiated – more... through scores of seemingly impenetrable obstacles – less
Great Company to Work for
Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2012
Broadview is a great company to work for - they provide the opportunity to grow while delivering great products and services to their customers.