Broadview Networks

Broadview Networks Employer Reviews

My job is a very productive place to work on
Provisioning Specialist 1 (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 18, 2014
My job is a very productive place to work on. I multitask and work really hard
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJSeptember 23, 2014
This was a great company to work for, the money just isn't competitive, and the company was going through financial issues.
Collections
Collection Specialiost (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: over 8 years of experience
Cons: entry level excel due to working with internal systems but currently taking a excel course
My day conisist of calling customers with out standing balances on overdue invoices, The hardest part of my job was when i had to interrupt a customer service due to non payment , The most enjoyable part was exceeding my limits and pleasing my supervisor by meeting and beating all deadlines , I learned as a Collection Rep that you need to have patience – more... be organized and follow up with your customers in order to be sucessful .What I do have is the ability to learn quickly and pay close attention to detail, If I'm given the opportunity and the right mentor I can do anything. – less
Poor Managment
Sales (Former Employee), Rye, New YorkJuly 22, 2014
Pros: casual attire
Cons: no advancement, poor management, not professional
This place is too laid back. NOT professional and they do NOT appreicate they're employees like they should. Bosses are lazy and employees will throw you under the bus real quick. Good place to work if you just want to be lazy and not have someone down back.
Competitive products, good benefits and great employees
Director (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 23, 2014
Pros: family friendly, adopting new technology, focused on the customer
Cons: under resourced
A typical day at Broadview is busy. You have the opportunity to work on lots of different projects as the company continues to adopt new technologies and methodologies to improve sales and the overall experience of customers.

Everyone is working hard but not over worked. A lot is expected but the pace is acceptable.

The hardest part of the job is – more... getting it all done. As customers evolve and Broadvies does as well, there is always a lot of work to do.

Senior Management is very approachable and friendly (unusual for a company this size).

Services are reliable and the reviews from customers are very good. – less
Fast Paced Sales Environment
Total Solutions Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: low base
Great place to work with some working knowledge of business communications. That along with a great mentor and coach. If these two things are lacking success at his company is slim to none in a sales role.
ok
Senior Network Solutions Manager (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 28, 2014
ok company to work for but never got off the ground running with the Government
Alot to be desired
Tier 2 Lead Support Provisioner (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
My former co workers were a pleasure to work with everyday. The work load and pay are not compatible. You spend the majority of your day defending your work and having more responsibilities placed on your with no compensation or incentives. Upper management is clueless to the everyday needs of the employees on the front end. Customers feel the tension – more... between upper management and the front end employees – less
Enjoyable work environnment
Director (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2014
Learn a great deal about handling multiple responsibilities.
Great commraderie
Data Activations Engineer (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: good learning environment
Cons: sweatshop mentality
Numbers game - do as many installations as possible - sometimes seemed like a sweat shop.
Great place to work, good coworkers, and strong management.
Provisioning Specialist (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day at work was always varied by the many different tasks alloted to me for toll free orders, account codes, and numerous request from the Sales, Technicians, Customer Service, Enterprise Service Group and Project Managers.
Webinar Training was available for training purposes.
Management made monthly reviews and scored our actual work.
I enjoyed – more... working with my co workers.
Many urgent requests had to be worked constantly.
Broadview gave us many fleece jackets, gym bags, and umbrellas as gifts.
Also we had regular Company luncheons and periodic Company meetings. – less
long hours low pay no support from management
Hardware Supervisor and Field Technician (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYFebruary 16, 2014
I have a nondisclosure agreement and will not go into it any more than that.
Rewarding Company , Great Memories
Corporate Sales Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: managers, over all feeling of accomplishment, flexable, understanding the needs of there employees
I worked for Broadview Networks 1 month Shy of 8 Yrs. They were always Fair and provided room for advancement. I enjoyed my managers and co-workers tremendously. Personal growth has always been important to me and I appreciated that Broadview encouraged that.
Telecommunication Sales
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: ability to be autonomous while having to report and hit goals.
Cons: internal managerial posturing and technical issues
Start up with huge potential. Lost its way and then found it again. Tough competition from other communication companies. Growing pains but had a solid core.
No One Sells Anything
Account Executive (Former Employee), NYCFebruary 4, 2014
The base salary and allowances aren't bad... but no one sells anything. The product and service are terrible.. It's a highly competitive marketplace to begin with, but BVN makes it nearly impossible to succeed. The only people who do well here are immoral hustlers.
No future
Technician (Current Employee), NYDecember 13, 2013
Cons: see above
As a 10 year employee, I can say its been a waste of time. No pension, no 401k match, no raies, last 2 were less than 50 cents an hour (gee thanks) Poor health benefits that change every year only to get worse, poor management team who couldnt care less and do NOT support the staff, they give you days off but reprimand and write you up for using them – more... . Everything here is getting outsourced to the Philippines. Customers hate this company and take it out on you. Stay far away from Broadview! I cant believe how far its gone down the tubes in the last 10 years. – less
Hard Place to work
Employee (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 18, 2013
This is a tough place to work I wouldn't recommend it. Its challenging and there is no consistent leadership. Training is outdated. The salaries are low and bankruptcy didn't help.
Extremely overworked and underpaid. Oppressive managers.
Senior Total Solutions Manager (Current Employee), Vienna, VASeptember 19, 2013
Cons: poor health care benefits. stressful work environment. poor compensation.
Was handed 150 broken accounts. Every day I have to deal with angry customers who are leaving because of poor service and high prices. Swamped by customer problems that are difficult to fix. Constantly hounded by management blaming me for customers who leave. Endless reporting to management saps my time and energy. I have to describe in excruciating – more... detail why customers are jumping ship. No opportunity to earn commission. I get paid for earning new revenue. Impossible when customers are cutting costs and leaving. I get penalized for revenue loss which is on the rise. I work 60 hours a week for very low pay and no commissions. Always dealing with angry irate customers. Very high stress and abusive managers. My advise is to go somewhere else to work. I can't wait to leave. – less
Glorified telemarketer
Account Executive (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 29, 2013
required to spend a lot of time over the phone. Product is inferior to competitors. A miserable place to work. Coworkers being fired constantly for not meeting numbers
Great company to work for
Data Repair Technician II (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2013
Pros: skills obtained, co-workers, environment
I've learned a great deal of skills while working at Broadview Networks. Although my time was short, working with my peers was very enjoyable

About Broadview Networks

Broadview Networks is a network-based business communications provider serving customers nationwide with local and long-distance – Read more