Broadview Networks Employee Reviews in United States

unprofessional atmosphere and low quality overall
sr.customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Rye brook, NYOctober 31, 2014
This environment is too laid back.management style is poor and unprofessional even giving way to too much favoritism. Needs to spend more time on training and helping to resolve customer issues. Due to this the customers detect the unprofessionalism when it extends to their poor service that goes beyond customer service. This company is also very slow on advancement and not competitive in salary as an incentive to very hard working and productive employees. They frequently allow the professional and intelligent to easily walk away from their company therefore the turnover rate Is tremendous and frequent In the ryebrook, ny office. People are underpaid and underappreciated.
Pros
ammenities in the building, gym, cafeteia and friendly employees.
Cons
unprofessionalism, low pay rates, poor management with inconsistant rules, unintelligent upper management planning etc
Good Fresh out of college job
Lead Project Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 12, 2016
-Great start to a career in IT
-Seasoned employees love to help
-Very laid back management
-No real dress code
-Little to no salary increase
Pros
Great Lunch, good culture, great location
Cons
Picking favorites, High turnover rates, no salary increase
Good Place
Enterprise Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2016
Was a good place to work , until they filed chapter 11 in 2012.Had a good product and were very good at install. My co-workers were very nice and still stay InTouch
Pros
Nice place
Cons
Filed chapter 11
Good, Solid Company
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 2, 2016
Great company to work for. Ample training for jobs, great environment and management. They know how to treat their employees
Great place to work. Treated like professionals
MAC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 14, 2016
I enjoyed working as a MAC Analyst at Broadview Networks, I learned alot. I was given the opportunity to revamp my job to a more streamlined position.
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
Laid off
Extremely overworked and underpaid. Oppressive managers.
Senior Total Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 19, 2013
Was handed 150 broken accounts. Every day I have to deal with angry customers who are leaving because of poor service and high prices. Swamped by customer problems that are difficult to fix. Constantly hounded by management blaming me for customers who leave. Endless reporting to management saps my time and energy. I have to describe in excruciating detail why customers are jumping ship. No opportunity to earn commission. I get paid for earning new revenue. Impossible when customers are cutting costs and leaving. I get penalized for revenue loss which is on the rise. I work 60 hours a week for very low pay and no commissions. Always dealing with angry irate customers. Very high stress and abusive managers. My advise is to go somewhere else to work. I can't wait to leave.
Cons
poor health care benefits. stressful work environment. poor compensation.
Great opportunity
Account Executive Level 2 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
Co-workers pleasant to work with.
typical day cold calling, knocking on or calling 50 plus clients.
Learned how to get past any gate keeper and sell to anyone.
Management experienced
most enjoyable part $5k-10k monthly bonuses checks
Pros
Great earning potential
Cons
Monthly quota
Alot to be desired
Tier 2 Lead Support Provisioner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
My former co workers were a pleasure to work with everyday. The work load and pay are not compatible. You spend the majority of your day defending your work and having more responsibilities placed on your with no compensation or incentives. Upper management is clueless to the everyday needs of the employees on the front end. Customers feel the tension between upper management and the front end employees
Horror through and through
Sales TSM (Former Employee) –  NYCMarch 12, 2013
Company claimed bankruptcy in 2012. Somehow managed to pull through. Sales people come and go in 3 months. Most get fired for not being able to sell to quotas that are too high. No training at all. Poor management at every level. Benefits are very expensive with high deductibles. Run away...
Not a stable organization
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
No real room for growth. The aquisitions, bankruptcy and shipping department overseas created a sense of fear with employees
benefits
Cons
bad company culture
No One Sells Anything
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  NYCFebruary 4, 2014
The base salary and allowances aren't bad... but no one sells anything. The product and service are terrible.. It's a highly competitive marketplace to begin with, but BVN makes it nearly impossible to succeed. The only people who do well here are immoral hustlers.
Fun workday Management wasn't bad at all
Senior Repair Voice Repair Tech / Data Tech (Former Employee) –  New York NYApril 30, 2015
Never really could say anything bad about this company went I was there. Management treated me nice and the people was really nice. I got the training that I needed even if you didn't know all you had to say you didn't know and they would get you the training you would need. The only bad thing was because of the type of business the company was always being brought by another company which resulted in layoff.
Pros
Easy workday.....
Cons
Job Security
poor management
Cloud Design/Provisioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 1, 2015
Little to no training provided to workers. There is little chance for advancement in your career. Management does not care for employees. Poor internal communication between departments.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 8, 2015
Good place to work, encourages growth. I like the people I work with and for and they are flexible as long as you are selling..
Pros
Products
Cons
Insurance cost
Good company to work for
Level II Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 10, 2012
Good company to work for. Too far from home. Great benefits. Great promise.
Hard working sales exucutive
Sales Director NYC (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2012
With a professional sales, marketing and management career of nearly two decades, I possess the talents, abilities and experience that gets business done. From my time on Wall Street to my current IP Based & Managed Services sales career, I have consistently excelled and performed amidst the most challenging of circumstances and have successfully negotiated through scores of seemingly impenetrable obstacles
Pros
hard working
Cons
hard working
Competitive products, good benefits and great employees
Director (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 23, 2014
A typical day at Broadview is busy. You have the opportunity to work on lots of different projects as the company continues to adopt new technologies and methodologies to improve sales and the overall experience of customers.

Everyone is working hard but not over worked. A lot is expected but the pace is acceptable.

The hardest part of the job is getting it all done. As customers evolve and Broadvies does as well, there is always a lot of work to do.

Senior Management is very approachable and friendly (unusual for a company this size).

Services are reliable and the reviews from customers are very good.
Pros
family friendly, adopting new technology, focused on the customer
Cons
under resourced
Ambitious telecommunications company with pleasant office surroundings.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYMay 25, 2012
It has been a while since I worked at this company and there have been some significant changes since I left. When I was hired it was in a growth mode and the senior management was progressive in its approach and culture building. The training department was awesome and helped me feel completely prepared to do my job. Unfortunately the immediate supervisors were totally ill-equipped, untrained, and very ineffective as supervisors. In addition processes were not smoothed out so from day to day there was no set procedure to address customer needs or resolve issues. Thus a typical day was very frustrating. I learned how telephone service re-sellers operate. The hardest part of the job was not having a supervisor who could coach and develop me. The most enjoyable part was that rewards were made available if we received compliments from the customers. I won my first ipod shuffle as a result of how I resolved a customer's issues.
Pros
tangible rewards, beautiful office surroundings and building, great lunch room.
Cons
very un-empowering atmosphere.
Great place to work, good coworkers, and strong management.
Provisioning Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day at work was always varied by the many different tasks alloted to me for toll free orders, account codes, and numerous request from the Sales, Technicians, Customer Service, Enterprise Service Group and Project Managers.
Webinar Training was available for training purposes.
Management made monthly reviews and scored our actual work.
I enjoyed working with my co workers.
Many urgent requests had to be worked constantly.
Broadview gave us many fleece jackets, gym bags, and umbrellas as gifts.
Also we had regular Company luncheons and periodic Company meetings.
Poor Managment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rye, New YorkJuly 22, 2014
This place is too laid back. NOT professional and they do NOT appreicate they're employees like they should. Bosses are lazy and employees will throw you under the bus real quick. Good place to work if you just want to be lazy and not have someone down back.
Pros
casual attire
Cons
no advancement, poor management, not professional

2.5