Broadview Networks

Broadview Networks Employee Reviews

No One Sells Anything
Account Executive (Former Employee), NYCFebruary 4, 2014
The base salary and allowances aren't bad... but no one sells anything. The product and service are terrible.. It's a highly competitive marketplace to begin with, but BVN makes it nearly impossible to succeed. The only people who do well here are immoral hustlers.
No future
Technician (Current Employee), NYDecember 13, 2013
Cons: see above
As a 10 year employee, I can say its been a waste of time. No pension, no 401k match, no raies, last 2 were less than 50 cents an hour (gee thanks) Poor health benefits that change every year only to get worse, poor management team who couldnt care less and do NOT support the staff, they give you days off but reprimand and write you up for using them . Everything here is getting outsourced to the Philippines. Customers hate this company and take it out on you. Stay far away from Broadview! I cant believe how far its gone down the tubes in the last 10 years.
Hard Place to work
Employee (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 18, 2013
This is a tough place to work I wouldn't recommend it. Its challenging and there is no consistent leadership. Training is outdated. The salaries are low and bankruptcy didn't help.
Glorified telemarketer
Account Executive (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 29, 2013
required to spend a lot of time over the phone. Product is inferior to competitors. A miserable place to work. Coworkers being fired constantly for not meeting numbers
Great company to work for
Data Repair Technician II (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2013
Pros: skills obtained, co-workers, environment
I've learned a great deal of skills while working at Broadview Networks. Although my time was short, working with my peers was very enjoyable
It was more down market than where I wanted to be.
Major Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2013
The culture was not to my liking, and the product set was not up market.
Horror through and through
Sales TSM (Former Employee), NYCMarch 12, 2013
Company claimed bankruptcy in 2012. Somehow managed to pull through. Sales people come and go in 3 months. Most get fired for not being able to sell to quotas that are too high. No training at all. Poor management at every level. Benefits are very expensive with high deductibles. Run away...
up and down moments with this company, to many bosses
Telephone Repair Technician (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJanuary 7, 2013
Too many bosses.
field inbound calls
didnt learn much outside of what was instructed to do
loved my co workers though but they really didnt want you mingling with them
hardest part of job was dealing with managment
most enjoyable part of job was customer service week which was taken away from us and when I had off
Broadvieww
Repair Tech (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: periodic free lunches, healthcare, free unlimited monthly metrocards
Cons: n/a
Broadview Networks was a great experience to learn troubleshooting, customer service skills in a call center environment I did escalations with other telecommunication vendors , field technicians, confirm satisfaction of repair with customer open,troubleshoot and close trouble tickets for customers.
BVN summary
Financial Analyst - Collections (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2012
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: no growth
Great place to start out however no room for growth. People are very friendly but there are no incentives to stay and company is constantly shrinking.
Very laid back office environment
Receptionist / Facilities Administrator (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYJuly 10, 2012
The employees at Broadview Networks are fun and friendly and were a pleasure to work with.
Hard working sales exucutive
Sales Director NYC (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 5, 2012
Pros: hard working
Cons: hard working
With a professional sales, marketing and management career of nearly two decades, I possess the talents, abilities and experience that gets business done. From my time on Wall Street to my current IP Based & Managed Services sales career, I have consistently excelled and performed amidst the most challenging of circumstances and have successfully negotiated through scores of seemingly impenetrable obstacles
Great Company to Work for
Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2012
Broadview is a great company to work for - they provide the opportunity to grow while delivering great products and services to their customers.
Ambitious telecommunications company with pleasant office surroundings.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYMay 25, 2012
Pros: tangible rewards, beautiful office surroundings and building, great lunch room.
Cons: very un-empowering atmosphere.
It has been a while since I worked at this company and there have been some significant changes since I left. When I was hired it was in a growth mode and the senior management was progressive in its approach and culture building. The training department was awesome and helped me feel completely prepared to do my job. Unfortunately the immediate supervisors were totally ill-equipped, untrained, and very ineffective as supervisors. In addition processes were not smoothed out so from day to day there was no set procedure to address customer needs or resolve issues. Thus a typical day was very frustrating. I learned how telephone service re-sellers operate. The hardest part of the job was not having a supervisor who could coach and develop me. The most enjoyable part was that rewards were made available if we received compliments from the customers. I won my first ipod shuffle as a result of how I resolved a customer's issues.
Great Place to work
Sales director for central NY direct sales efforts (Former Employee), Syracuse New YorkMay 24, 2012
Pros: freedom to run day to day operation
Very supportive of Career and life. Typical day was field rides with sales reps. Sales meetings. assist in sales, close large opportunities put out fires
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYMay 11, 2012
Pros: good support from colleagues and supervisors
Cons: no cons
The support was excellent from the supervisors and employees. The work was fun and challenging and the workplace itself was an excellent environment.
Good company to work for
Level II Help Desk (Former Employee), Horsham, PAApril 10, 2012
Good company to work for. Too far from home. Great benefits. Great promise.
Boiler Room
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 7, 2012
Cons: everything
I worked there for a few months and they constantly question everything you do and expect you to sell something everyday. They give no assistance to their employees, moral is terrible because you get put down daily and are always threatened about your job. Plus they pay very low salaries.