Broadview University

Broadview University Employer Reviews

Rewarding position
Program Chair (Former Employee), Meridian, IDAugust 1, 2014
Pros: freedom to build your skills, great people
Cons: poor pay, long hours, unreachable goals
Very enjoyable to see students succeed. The culture of the company is generally fun. Enjoyed the student based activities we participated in. Excellent opportunity to expand your resume.
Broadview helps students who want to help themselves
Former Employee (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTJuly 1, 2014
Pros: rewarding career helping students get a college degree
Cons: lots of turnover and tough management
Broadview does a great job in helping students succeed. Hardest part of the job as an admissions rep is they would let go of two to three reps every quarter if they were the lowest in production among the reps. This created a hostile work environment and why they have a tough time finding reps.
Good family owned business
Dean of Education (Former Employee), Orem, UTFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: campus atmosphere, inter-department cooperation.
Cons: regional level management
Overall things the day to day work was great. Most of my day consisted of speaking with students, registrar duties, student services (workshops, tutoring, activities).

I handled all student and faculty concerns. Oversaw the teaching of the curriculum. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the student and teachers. I loved teaching – more... and being a resource for the faculty and Chairs.

The most difficult part of the job was mainly near the end where I was trying to balance the Dean, Registrar, Student Services, and Faculty duties all by myself. – less
BVU
Student (Former Employee), SLC, UTSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: hands on training.
Cons: very long classes
It was a good college with hands on training. I mostly worked with dogs and cats, but also an iguana on one occasion.
Positive environment, great people to work with, great education
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Layton, UTJune 3, 2013
Pros: team group activities, full benefits, great campus culture, free education for staff
Cons: for profit is a saturated market, enrollments are low
Focused on appointment setting and conducting potential students and discussing educational programs of interest. Demonstrated the understanding of the schools philosophy of truly caring about students and providing excellent customer service to potential and enrolled students. Excellent administrative skills
Director of Financial Aid
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee), Orem, UTApril 12, 2013
Pros: pleasant work environment
I managed the Financial Aid Department at Broadview University in both the West Jordan and Orem Campuses over 2 and a half years. I ensured compliance with both State and Federal Regulations. I also monitored Title IV Accuracy for Federal funding.
A workplace where internal and external customers are cared about
Student Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Layton, UTMarch 25, 2013
• Educational and fast paced
• I have gained the skills in multi-tasking and being flexible
• The opportunity to work in a diverse environment and gaining new insight to situations
• The hardest part of my position is seeing external customers not seeing their potential
• What I enjoy the most is being apart of internal and external customers obtaining – more... their dream. – less
Broadview creates learning for both students and employee's
Director of Career Services (Current Employee), Layton, UTOctober 23, 2012
Broadview University is a great place to work, every employee is dedicated to their position.
Great faculty, unsupportive administration, underqualified employees outside of faculty members
If I tell you that my anonymity will be gone (Former Employee), Orem-Salt Lake AreaFebruary 25, 2012
Pros: wonderful faculty, personal interaction with students
Cons: incompetence, administrative blindness, blatant causing of failure
There are many things that I loved about working for Broadview University. Corporate officers were supportive of individual, as well as campus, success. I also loved working with my colleagues as a member of the faculty. The administration, however, I found to be incompetent, under-qualified, and less than intelligent in providing for the needs of it's – more... students. Favoritism often led to willful blindness on the part of the regional administration for Broadview campuses. Certain members of this administration listened only to certain departments because of expanded nepotism and an inability or unwillingness to investigate all sides of an issue. Students needs were not met, neither were the needs of faculty in trying to make the school more effective and well-thought of. Even fulfilling simple tasks to reach sensible goals was difficult because communication (at least on my former campus) was severely lacking. I felt that my contributions were not appreciated, but turned against me to try and force me out the door. My first year there was lovely. Following that, however, the environment became toxic. – less

About Broadview University

Broadview University was founded in 1977 as the Bryman School. Originally located in downtown Salt Lake City, the school’s – Read more