Broadview University Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working for Broadview University and would work there again if the opportunity arose.
Medical Assisting Program Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 4, 2017
My work days were busy and productive. I enjoyed the management and culture of the school. The hardest part of my job was that they closed my program and I was forced to leave the company. I enjoyed the students the most.
Pros
Great work schedule, great staff, great students.
Cons
The program closed after a short short period of time, I don't feel it was ever given a chance to succeed.
Great team environment, opportunity for personal and professional growth, upper management terminally flawed
Employee (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTSeptember 12, 2016
Local employee groups work diligently to develop and implement policies, procedures, and activities designed to deliver quality career education. Team works well together. Great communication at a local level. Opportunity for faculty and staff to contribute collectively or excel independently is afforded.

BVU is a privately held company with ownership and an administrative team that are often disconnected with the market and target market alike leading to limitations and high levels of stress.
Pros
Great co-workers, people care about each other and performance outcomes
Cons
Stress and poor payscale
Experience at Broadview
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 29, 2016
When I started with Broadview University, It was a great place to work. We were empowered to help each student and we were not micromanaged. Over the course of my three years with them, My team was moved from one campus to another because one person wanted to have control over everything. The Team was then micromanaged to where the morale was depleted.

For the most part, My co-workers were great! We all pulled together to help each other. The hardest part was the Management from the Campus Director/Regional Director and the Regional Director of Admissions. They were overbearing and didn't try to really help. They would not hesitate to get rid of anyone that didn't know the smallest detail.
Pros
The Team, The Ability to work and help Students
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks, The Administration
Enjoyed local campus team (Orem)
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 16, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at the Orem campus. I felt like I was making a difference in the lives of our students. I really cared and felt like the local management and faculty really cared about each other and our students.

Regional and Corporate management kept changing the rules--for example, approving a budget and then telling us we couldn't spend it.

Despite our best efforts and making a small profit, our building was sold with the idea of moving our students to a campus 30 miles away and leaving the employees on the street with little or no severance pay.

The motto is "We Care." Inferred as that they care about the students. In truth, all they cared about was profit. They didn't care about the students and they definitely did not care about the employees.
Pros
Enjoyed working with students and making a difference
Cons
Poor regional and corporate management
fun and productive
Executive Assistant to the Dean of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 6, 2014
Great people to work with. The job was challenging yet doable.
Rewarding position
Program Chair (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 1, 2014
Very enjoyable to see students succeed. The culture of the company is generally fun. Enjoyed the student based activities we participated in. Excellent opportunity to expand your resume.
Pros
Freedom to build your skills, great people
Cons
poor pay, long hours, unreachable goals
Broadview helps students who want to help themselves
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 1, 2014
Broadview does a great job in helping students succeed. Hardest part of the job as an admissions rep is they would let go of two to three reps every quarter if they were the lowest in production among the reps. This created a hostile work environment and why they have a tough time finding reps.
Pros
Rewarding career helping students get a college degree
Cons
Lots of turnover and tough management
Good family owned business
Dean of Education (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 8, 2014
Overall things the day to day work was great. Most of my day consisted of speaking with students, registrar duties, student services (workshops, tutoring, activities).

I handled all student and faculty concerns. Oversaw the teaching of the curriculum. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the student and teachers. I loved teaching and being a resource for the faculty and Chairs.

The most difficult part of the job was mainly near the end where I was trying to balance the Dean, Registrar, Student Services, and Faculty duties all by myself.
Pros
campus atmosphere, inter-department cooperation.
Cons
Regional level management
Bvu
Student (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTSeptember 18, 2013
It was a good college with hands on training. I mostly worked with dogs and cats, but also an iguana on one occasion.
Pros
Hands on training.
Cons
Very long classes
Positive environment, great people to work with, great education
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJune 3, 2013
Focused on appointment setting and conducting potential students and discussing educational programs of interest. Demonstrated the understanding of the schools philosophy of truly caring about students and providing excellent customer service to potential and enrolled students. Excellent administrative skills
Pros
Team group activities, full benefits, great campus culture, free education for staff
Cons
for profit is a saturated market, enrollments are low
Director of Financial Aid
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 12, 2013
I managed the Financial Aid Department at Broadview University in both the West Jordan and Orem Campuses over 2 and a half years. I ensured compliance with both State and Federal Regulations. I also monitored Title IV Accuracy for Federal funding.
Pros
pleasant work environment
A workplace where internal and external customers are cared about
Student Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTMarch 25, 2013
• Educational and fast paced
• I have gained the skills in multi-tasking and being flexible
• The opportunity to work in a diverse environment and gaining new insight to situations
• The hardest part of my position is seeing external customers not seeing their potential
• What I enjoy the most is being apart of internal and external customers obtaining their dream.
Broadview creates learning for both students and employee's
Director of Career Services (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTOctober 23, 2012
Broadview University is a great place to work, every employee is dedicated to their position.
Great faculty, unsupportive administration, underqualified employees outside of faculty members
If I tell you that my anonymity will be gone (Former Employee) –  Orem-Salt Lake AreaFebruary 25, 2012
There are many things that I loved about working for Broadview University. Corporate officers were supportive of individual, as well as campus, success. I also loved working with my colleagues as a member of the faculty. The administration, however, I found to be incompetent, under-qualified, and less than intelligent in providing for the needs of it's students. Favoritism often led to willful blindness on the part of the regional administration for Broadview campuses. Certain members of this administration listened only to certain departments because of expanded nepotism and an inability or unwillingness to investigate all sides of an issue. Students needs were not met, neither were the needs of faculty in trying to make the school more effective and well-thought of. Even fulfilling simple tasks to reach sensible goals was difficult because communication (at least on my former campus) was severely lacking. I felt that my contributions were not appreciated, but turned against me to try and force me out the door. My first year there was lovely. Following that, however, the environment became toxic.
Pros
wonderful faculty, personal interaction with students
Cons
incompetence, administrative blindness, blatant causing of failure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broadview University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7