Broadway Bank Employee Reviews

Horrible
Personal Banker/ Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
This company is absolutely horrible to work for. Very demanding only about sales. They claim to be about family but thatg is far frokm the truth. Never would return
This Company truly cares
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Castroville, TXAugust 23, 2017
I learned so much in the short time I was there, had to quit for family reasons, I met so many different people and even on a slow day there was always something to do. Both of my managers were kind and understanding and helped with anything I needed. The staff there works well together, help each other grow and always willing to give a helping hand. the hardest part of the job is the pressure of being in charge of so much money and always having your drawer balanced but once you spend sometime doing it got easier. what I most enjoyed about working here was learning all about keeping the volt safe, refilling the ATM and taking care of the clients personal bank account and loans. You become familiar with the clients and some even have their go to banker.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
not a set schedule
Research before you apply
Payment & Payoff Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2017
My banking career grew my banking career at Broadway but the environment in the call center was very uncertain with management creating gossip. I have never had to defend myself from others, it was like being back in high school.
Already Done
UNIVERSAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  on culebraMay 9, 2017
This company has very little advancements, you are stuck with doing 2 jobs in one and company doesn't reward there employees. Bonus are less than $100 a month.
Pros
Not good
Cons
Not good
Good Culture, but team varies greatly from each office
Banker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2017
Team and work atmosphere varies greatly from each location. Going through a company realignment so job titles, descriptions, and responsibilities are all evolving right now.
Review
SE MILITARY DR - PERSONAL BANKER II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2016
Broadway bank offers great training and offers a great career path to move up. The benefits are great and Broadway Bank is a company that should you be interested in the banking field would be one to try.
Pros
Banking Experiece
Cons
If youre at a location that struggles you might not meet your goals
Outstanding company to work for!!!
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2016
Overall was an amazing company. Very into community their was always a community project going on at any given moment. The culture of the company was growing and becoming a great success.
great location - good team members
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 15, 2016
- calendar management
- extensive travel arrangements both domestic and international
- recording attendance
- heavy phones
- responding to correspondence/emails
- most enjoyable was the team members - we all get along and support each other
Pros
great location - good team members
Cons
micro managed
Hard to move up within
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 25, 2016
Management is hard to talk to not a lot of opportunity to move up very critical gossipy environment bad work environment
Productive Place
loan servicing (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2016
The job required to open deposit accounts. It required to print out disclosures and mail them to consumers. It required alot of in depth research from having underwriting department answer questions about a variety of questions about new consumer loans - like mortgages,home equity loans, boat loans, auto loans, and personal loans. It also required to call back customers on a daily basis for difficult questions that needed to be researched. Management was always busy.
Pros
Learn alot of research
Cons
No advancements
Back office customer service
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2015
Inbound and outbound English or Spanish call center.
Assisted the customer with any issue on their accounts by opening or closing checking or savings or retirement accounts. Plus help on debit card or reviewing the account before taking any loans applications for auto or personal or home equity and mortgage accounts.
Heavy data entry customer information to create accounts and mail out application and letters for their signatures.
Educate plus cross sale all bank products.
I had fun at my job by building the rapport actually had customer continuously calling back when they wanted a new product or needed resolution to issues. Coworkers sitting around me learn by listening to my calls to ask for the business and I love being used to set an example for them to follow.
The hardest part of the job was being told 5 minutes before leaving for the day to stay late. Instead employees should have been told ahead of time to make after work arrangements.
Pros
monthly goal incentives and referral incentive for wealth and investment department
Cons
Management changes limited training and advancement within the department.
Very fast pace and great learning experience
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXJuly 10, 2015
Overall it was a great company, however as far as management and other co workers, I think situations were handled unfair because of seniority.
Pros
401K, Paid vactions, Culture events, Company picnics
Cons
Not flexable with skill levels
Great place to work, All about having a rich culture in the workplace
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Hondo, TXApril 17, 2015
In my particular branch the hours were 8-4 lobby 8-6 drive-thru. We were usually pretty slow which made it hard to achieve company goals but also allowed us to really build relationships with our current customers. In my specific branch the managers were a little stuck in their ways having been in place for a long time, but were overall great!
Pros
Family Business, Employee Satisfaction Oriented
Cons
A bit behind in the technology area
Great company, open door policy treat their employees well
Bank Service Representative / Teller (Current Employee) –  texasDecember 17, 2014
Broadway is a great company, treats their employees well and is actively involved with the community and charities throughout san antonio and surrounding areas. It is know for their great relationships with customers and putting their employees and customers first.
Teller Position
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2014
Loved working here for the Medical Branch. Just like any company there was some drama within the office place but I always stayed clear of that. As far as upper management goes, you could not ask for more. The company is very transparent to employees, looks out for the best interest of the customer, and puts a high emphasis on employees. When I was working at my branch as a teller they were great about working with my school schedule and the tuition reimbursement they kicked in was nice as well.
Training Specialist
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broadway Bank, San Antonio, TexasJuly 20, 2014
Train retail frontline employees as well as administrative assistants.
I learned how to welcome opportunities and grow as a individual.
Working with people was the best part of my job.
Pros
Health care and good friends
Cons
n/a
Great place to work at.
Teller II/Banking Services Representative I (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXMay 12, 2014
I've been with Broadway Bank since 2007-2014, and it continue to amaze me. the people and the culture there are wonderful.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
n/a
Great atomosphere
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXApril 6, 2014
Loved working with many people in this area,learned many this while employed with them.
I love going to my job, the people I work with and for always have something to say or do.
Teller (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2014
I like going early and dealing with the morning commuters, its fast pace and keeps me on my toes.My bosses have confidence in us doing are job that they stay afar. The hardest part about my job is now known what new thing I will learn. I take a lot form working in a bank that it almost fell fun. In anything you do you must find the good, enjoy it and ride the wave
Best employer I have ever worked for
Business Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2013
I would have stayed with Broadway Bank forever! Employees seemed very happy and I rarely heard complaints.
Pros
Benefits, management, environment