Broadway Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Place
loan servicing (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2016
The job required to open deposit accounts. It required to print out disclosures and mail them to consumers. It required alot of in depth research from having underwriting department answer questions about a variety of questions about new consumer loans - like mortgages,home equity loans, boat loans, auto loans, and personal loans. It also required to call back customers on a daily basis for difficult questions that needed to be researched. Management was always busy.
Pros
Learn alot of research
Cons
No advancements
Very fast pace and great learning experience
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXJuly 10, 2015
Overall it was a great company, however as far as management and other co workers, I think situations were handled unfair because of seniority.
Pros
401K, Paid vactions, Culture events, Company picnics
Cons
Not flexable with skill levels
Hard to move up within
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 25, 2016
Management is hard to talk to not a lot of opportunity to move up very critical gossipy environment bad work environment
Back office customer service
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2015
Inbound and outbound English or Spanish call center.
Assisted the customer with any issue on their accounts by opening or closing checking or savings or retirement accounts. Plus help on debit card or reviewing the account before taking any loans applications for auto or personal or home equity and mortgage accounts.
Heavy data entry customer information to create accounts and mail out application and letters for their signatures.
Educate plus cross sale all bank products.
I had fun at my job by building the rapport actually had customer continuously calling back when they wanted a new product or needed resolution to issues. Coworkers sitting around me learn by listening to my calls to ask for the business and I love being used to set an example for them to follow.
The hardest part of the job was being told 5 minutes before leaving for the day to stay late. Instead employees should have been told ahead of time to make after work arrangements.
Pros
monthly goal incentives and referral incentive for wealth and investment department
Cons
Management changes limited training and advancement within the department.
Positive Environment, Flexible School Scheduling
Teller II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2013
The branch I worked at was very helpful in allowing me to work to support myself while attending college classes full-time. This is a job that provides you to get as much out of the job as you want to put in. I took the job of teller very seriously and I was allowed to exercise judgment on a regular basis. The company culture is great, and you are almost guaranteed to talk to the CEO on a yearly basis. The biggest downside of the job is the down time you may experience during the non-peak hours, however, I utilized this time to take classes that the company offered online for free; these classes were not necessarily related to the position I held, but gave me an opportunity to learn about other responsibilities in the bank that I found interesting. All around, it was a wonderful experience, and I would highly recommend this employer to anyone looking to begin a career that may not have the most education, as the flexible scheduling and tuition reimbursement program can help you to bettering your education and provide opportunities.
Pros
empowerment of employees, ethical, 401k match, tuition reiumbursement
Cons
down time, repetitive type of work
Best employer I have ever worked for
Business Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2013
I would have stayed with Broadway Bank forever! Employees seemed very happy and I rarely heard complaints.
Pros
benefits, management, environment
Great place
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2013
My first job in the white collar sector, enjoyed, took Banking courses, learned alot about banking, loans, Retail Merchants, credit scores.
benefits
Cons
management
Great place to work, All about having a rich culture in the workplace
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Hondo, TXApril 17, 2015
In my particular branch the hours were 8-4 lobby 8-6 drive-thru. We were usually pretty slow which made it hard to achieve company goals but also allowed us to really build relationships with our current customers. In my specific branch the managers were a little stuck in their ways having been in place for a long time, but were overall great!
Pros
Family Business, Employee Satisfaction Oriented
Cons
A bit behind in the technology area
Teller Position
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2014
Loved working here for the Medical Branch. Just like any company there was some drama within the office place but I always stayed clear of that. As far as upper management goes, you could not ask for more. The company is very transparent to employees, looks out for the best interest of the customer, and puts a high emphasis on employees. When I was working at my branch as a teller they were great about working with my school schedule and the tuition reimbursement they kicked in was nice as well.
Small bank with great values and soft on the compensation.
Retail Loan Clerk and fill Commercial Teller (Former Employee) –  Chelsea/Revere MAOctober 18, 2012
I started as a commercial teller dealing with all the local businesses in the area. Went into the Retail Lending area writing demand loans and renewals, credit card management, consolidating Banks' statements and reports for the directors meeting and foreign money exchanges. Great hours 7am to 3:15pm. I moved on being young and looking for more...
Pros
great hours and left work at work
Cons
pay was not great.
Great Staff
Commercial Loan Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 2, 2013
Really enjoyed working at BNB (main office) very family oriented. Management is very good at recognizing hard work where credit is deserved. Management was very good in updating employees on updates - never caught blindsided - well informed.
Pros
hours, structure, management - very family oriented.
Cons
main office location
Great company, open door policy treat their employees well
Bank Service Representative / Teller (Current Employee) –  texasDecember 17, 2014
Broadway is a great company, treats their employees well and is actively involved with the community and charities throughout san antonio and surrounding areas. It is know for their great relationships with customers and putting their employees and customers first.
I love going to my job, the people I work with and for always have something to say or do.
Teller (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2014
I like going early and dealing with the morning commuters, its fast pace and keeps me on my toes.My bosses have confidence in us doing are job that they stay afar. The hardest part about my job is now known what new thing I will learn. I take a lot form working in a bank that it almost fell fun. In anything you do you must find the good, enjoy it and ride the wave
Great place to work at.
Teller II/Banking Services Representative I (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXMay 12, 2014
I've been with Broadway Bank since 2007-2014, and it continue to amaze me. the people and the culture there are wonderful.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
n/a
Great Company
Teller II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 7, 2013
They are one of the best companies in San Antonio to work for. They have strong work ethics and really support their employees. The pay is competitive to other financial institutions in the community.
Training Specialist
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broadway Bank, San Antonio, TexasJuly 20, 2014
Train retail frontline employees as well as administrative assistants.
I learned how to welcome opportunities and grow as a individual.
Working with people was the best part of my job.
Pros
health care and good friends
Cons
n/a
Great first job!!!! Learned so much from my team.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MASeptember 4, 2012
It has been sold to TD Bank, not sure how the team work goes now.
Most of the friends I had made while working there, have since moved on to other ventures.
Fun workplace
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2012
Fun place to work and to learn about sales and various technologies. You can meet a lot of different people and gain a lot of experience.
Great atomosphere
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXApril 6, 2014
Loved working with many people in this area,learned many this while employed with them.
Bank hours are nice.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2013
First job out of college. Learned new things about the banking industry.