Brocade Communications

Brocade Communications Employer Reviews

Productve and Fun Working Place
Network Product Support Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great manager who support our work.
I enjoy working here. Nice Family work Balance.
Some time the work is challenging and that keeps me going as I learn new things discover new tweaks.
Strong Technology Driven Company
Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 22, 2014
Good Products, Good Quality, Good Sales and Service.
Cloudy Mission/Vision - still working on Corporate Identity
again
Test & Verification Engineer 3 (Former Employee), Broomfield, COMarch 22, 2014
i already did a review of Brocade, perhaps I should do a review about indeed and how I have to fillin the same company review over and over again.
Fun workplace
Director, Global Sales Operations (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Brocade going through change and trying to make Ethernet business work. OEM business is the heritage.
Great Initial Pay and Friendly Culture but with little room for advancement
Account Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 7, 2014
-Great Starting Salary and Compensation
-Overall Organizations are friendly and helpful
-Work is not challenging, very little room for creativity
-Top management style tends to be managing upwards instead of downwards towards direct reports.
good workplace - and employees
Sr. Config Analyst/Sr. Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: management micro management
good employee teamwork - lacking in policies and procedures - higher turnover than average companies
Work is Great/Management is Not
Sr. Configuration Analyst (Current Employee), San JoseOctober 30, 2013
Pros: some flexibility
Cons: poor management; misogynistic culture
I love what I do. Typically, I work on at least 2-4 New Products. This entails attending Engineering and Operations weekly meetings, processing Hardware Design changes in less than 48 hours and basically supporting all my internal customers [in the US and China] on a 24/7 schedule.

My co-workers are generally very nice, professional people. The exception – more... to this would be my immediate peers and immediate management. Middle management at Brocade is really weak and seems to be getting worse. Peer support in my area is non-existent and management fosters a suspicious, resentful environment by inconsistently focusing on perceived issues with constant haranguing and then admonishment when you don't agree.

Also, themes of misogyny here. CEO has made comments in All Hands about how women dress better on the East Coast and the ladies here need to step it up. Nothing about our male counterparts. – less
Nice place to work
SFDC Developer (Current Employee), San JoseOctober 21, 2013
Salesforce Development, Analysis
Co-workers are helpful
great company
Territory development (Former Employee), Minneapolis MNOctober 15, 2013
I enjoyed working at Brocade Communications. They provided excellent training and the benefits were great.
Nice place to work at.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2013
Brocade has one of the best business plans in the area. Brocade has a nice campus in San Jose.
Sr. Manager Training, Delivery and Operations (Former Employee), RemoteSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: management
Brocade is a good place to work if you are looking for good benefits with a flexible schedule.
Great place
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 16, 2013
Learned about Storage Area Networking. Under a new CEO. The employees are diverse and great to work with.
A company that believes strongly in work life balance
Lead Contract Renewals Specialist (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Cons: healthcare
Brocade has a strong value in their employees, not only do the believe in a strong work life balance, they are actively engaged within the local communities. They provide many volunteer hours for a number of local charity events.
From innovative to standard
Senior Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 2, 2013
Pros: great managers and co-workers, traditionally people focused, job innovation encouraged
Cons: roles becoming too structured, less people focused, lack of job innovation
I worked at Brocade Communications full-time for more than 5 years
Fast-paced
Senior Director (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 17, 2013
Constantly changing
Looking to grow the company
Good people
Working Remotely for Brocade
Senior Documentation Consultant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 21, 2013
The pace of the conversion work from PDF to Word, then fitting the format of the EMC networking guides into Brocade's documentation style was very fast-paced. Unfortunately, the final review never took place since the project was put on hold due to differences of approach between EMC and Brocade.

Because the project was never completed, I feel I am – more... not in a position to give a truly fair and balanced assessment of Brocade from a technical writing perspective. – less
Good work life balance
Systems Engineer II (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 1, 2013
Fun place to work with helpful and cooperative colleagues and management.
No company direction and no/ little growth within the company
Great workplace
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 19, 2012
Pros: travel, great people, bonuses, environment
Cons: can't think of any
Busy everyday. Worked with great people which made it my second home. Went above and beyond to help others and was awarded monetarily. Most enjoyable part of it all was travelling to tradeshows which was not often but felt like a treat.
Hi energy environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 19, 2012
Pros: travel, great people, cafeteria, environment
Cons: can't think of any
What I liked about working at Brocade was the people, culture, and environment. I went above and beyond to help other departments with my graphic skills which was not in my initial job description. I coordinated schedules for 11 Global Architects and executed requests that came in from the field. I did quarterly reports for our Sr. Director and contacted – more... requestors and discussed their needs for our Global Architects. I also assisted in tradeshow events when needed. That too was not in my job description. The challenging part of my job was creating graphics according to the client's needs.
Although challenging, it was also the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Cultural segragation
Data Analyst (Former Employee), San JoseDecember 11, 2012
There's a huge split between older employees, and a small % of young workers. One day, Brocade realized that 90% of their employees are 45 years+ and then they went on a rampage of university hiring. It's hard to work with both genders, when you're don't belong in either groups.

About Brocade Communications

Brocade Communications Systems maintains silky smooth computer network operations. A leading supplier of data center networking – Read more