Brockton Neighborhood Health Center Employee Reviews

High Patient Volume, Poor Management and No support
Provider (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 8, 2017
I think if you're looking for a job at a FHQC, I would steer clear of BNHC. The patients are great and co-workers can be great however, management is dishonest and discouraging. No transparency at all. Clinical staffs, on average, are working 40-50+ hours without additional compensation. We have the major holidays but are penalized because we lose earned time for them. It's just unfair. I would steer clear of this place!
Pediatric Deportment is fun and exciting.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 19, 2017
What I do every day is come in open all the rooms get it ready for the patient. Print out the daily schedule for the doctor and start the day by calling in the patient to the rooms, and taking they vitals signs. I usually work with one provider, but I'm always helping the others if they need help. We all are a team. I love working in the Pediatric deportment its always fun, and I love getting to know my patient and see them grow.
Externship for my MAOA training
Medical Assistant (180hr Externship) (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 11, 2017
This was for my externship.
I researched MSDS information, and put it together in manuals for the clinic.
Organized patient information.
And did many other duties to complete my externship.
Pros
Atmosphere was ok.
Cons
Had to deal with the IT dept to get internet access.
fun workplace
Women's Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 8, 2017
fun workplace,very busy fast pacing environment. have to be able to multitask, hardest part of the job is getting patients in on time and getting seen on time.
Productive and always busy work place
Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 23, 2017
Overall, working at BNHC was a learning experience. I mastered working in a fast-paced environment and multitasking in this place. I would hire better managers in some departments (more qualified).
Pros
Friendly work enviornment
Cons
Compensation was not fairly given
Not a good fit for me
Clinical Secretary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 22, 2017
BNHC is a diverse community health center that caters to patient satisfaction. However, it was the worst group of people that I have ever worked with. The Director is not fair and have her favorites. If your gonna manage one, manage us all the same. The secretaries are not responsible, and they have a lot to learn in the real world. Right now they are stuck there with no way out. Working here I thought was great opportunity for me to grow as a higher leader but in all I was not given the chance to and I had to move on.
Pros
Flexible, learning opportunity to myself.
Cons
No one has your back
Horrible
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 5, 2017
Managers and supervisors have favorites and they really don't care about their employees. If you are being mistreated no one can help you not even HR. If you have friends it's an ok place to work for but if you are alone you might as well quit. Any problem that is going on in your department will never resolve because the supervisors are extremely racist.
Intern
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 20, 2017
I was an intern at this location. It was a wonderful experience with many learning opportunities. The Health Center is very invested in its patients both in there physical and mental health as well as their safety. Policies here are both progressive and innovative.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 20, 2017
Nice place to work within a diverse community. I enjoyed coming in to practice my social work skills on a part-time basis. Management was great and the people.
Bnhc
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 19, 2017
Great place for entry level opportunities. Excellent training and refreshment courses provided. Great benefit including medical / dental plan, 401k, FMLA, etc.
Pros
Flexible hours and greaat hands on experience
Cons
Parking, Location
worst place to work if u are not lazy
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 27, 2016
I Worked there for 5 years and o have learned nothing. The people can be nasty and noisy, snicky. The nursing department is a mess, director is rascist, sippervisors are lazy and no sipport for employees whatsoever, no team Work. I hated working there, but I loved the pts. Very diverse and nice their owne way.
Pros
great upper level management, nice pts, good opportunity for growth
Cons
employees are snitches, they are like snakes, always smile with you and go behind your back to tell on you so that they can look good.
productive and busy
Extern, Managed Care Department-hired (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 10, 2015
Having my internship there than getting a chance to work there was a wonderful experience, I learned alot it was a fast pace in environment. I worked as switchboard and answered the patients calls and booked appointments if needed.
Pros
close to home
Lack of advancement
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 30, 2015
Greet patients and take them to exam rooms and take vital signs. I learned having more experience with hands on. I manage to think out of the box when some crucial situations arrive. I would recommend for my co-workers an advance training in Customer Service. The hardest part of the job is when I see lack of communication between co-workers and the most enjoyable part is when somebody call me for help because I feel that they recognize my abilities which is good because I know that I am doing a good job.
Productive Human Service Agency With Excellent Benifits.
Medical Case Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work is Supervising a Small Team of Case Managers and navigating the Day to Day Operations of the Hiv Case Managers Department.

I learned and completed a full Customer Service Management Training that including many new Conflict Resolution Techniques.

Great Co-Workers from many Diverse Cultures Great to work with and Learn with.
Pros
Many Great Employee Free Lunch Meetings.
Cons
Employment Ending To Soon, (Grant Funded Program}
Clincial Experience
Medical-Surgical Nursing I (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 2, 2014
I used this facility for clinical rotation only. I was there for Med-Surg I.
high case loads
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 29, 2014
I liked most of my coworkers, they did provide opportunity for education and professional growth, however not enough training or direct supervision provided. Manny times i was frustrated without support!
Pros
healthcare
Cons
limited/no training
BUsy, Busy, Busy
Certified Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 11, 2013
You see about 15-20 patients a day with two full schedule.
It is a fast paced environment with different race of patients. Can be very overwhelming but if you are someone who likes to busy then it is a good start. Very clean and respectable environment with assistant that are willing to help.
Pros
great benefits and compensations
Cons
pay rate isnt high enough with experience
The best place i've ever worked
Senior Clinical Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 18, 2013
Performed receptionist duties as required.
❖ Handled all patient care data entry and checked insurance eligibility.
❖ Check in and out patient, filing and manage referrals w/o authorizations when needed.
❖ Scheduled follow up, physical, nurse, labs, social worker and specialist appointments.
❖ Called other facilities for referrals to other specialists.
❖ Skills in using the last ICD and CPT diagnostic codes
❖ Excellent knowledge of NextGen system.
❖ Used sometimes as an interpreter for non-English speaking patients.
Great people, great place
Medical Administrative Office Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 20, 2012
I did my externship at BNHC and enjoying learning new skills from the ladies on fifth floor. It was great to build new realtionships as well. I enjoyed my experience at BNHC.
Health Center dedicated to its patients
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 20, 2012
I work in the switchboard which tends to be a very busy place. Phone rings all day and a group of ten people work hard to make sure no calls are dropped and that patients, hospitals, and providers get the help they need. Lots of people I work with are nice, some are more helpful than others, but it is like that everywhere. The management are always doing their best to find ways to make life easier for the patients and employees. I enjoy speaking to our patients and providing whatever help they need.
Pros
benefits, 45 mins break, flexible
Cons
none yet