Brockton Neighborhood Health Center Employee Reviews

Bnhc
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 19, 2017
Great place for entry level opportunities. Excellent training and refreshment courses provided. Great benefit including medical / dental plan, 401k, FMLA, etc.
Pros
Flexible hours and greaat hands on experience
Cons
Parking, Location
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 20, 2017
Nice place to work within a diverse community. I enjoyed coming in to practice my social work skills on a part-time basis. Management was great and the people.
worst place to work if u are not lazy
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 27, 2016
I Worked there for 5 years and o have learned nothing. The people can be nasty and noisy, snicky. The nursing department is a mess, director is rascist, sippervisors are lazy and no sipport for employees whatsoever, no team Work. I hated working there, but I loved the pts. Very diverse and nice their owne way.
Pros
great upper level management, nice pts, good opportunity for growth
Cons
employees are snitches, they are like snakes, always smile with you and go behind your back to tell on you so that they can look good.
Health Center dedicated to its patients
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 20, 2012
I work in the switchboard which tends to be a very busy place. Phone rings all day and a group of ten people work hard to make sure no calls are dropped and that patients, hospitals, and providers get the help they need. Lots of people I work with are nice, some are more helpful than others, but it is like that everywhere. The management are always doing their best to find ways to make life easier for the patients and employees. I enjoy speaking to our patients and providing whatever help they need.
Pros
benefits, 45 mins break, flexible
Cons
none yet
Productive Human Service Agency With Excellent Benifits.
Medical Case Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work is Supervising a Small Team of Case Managers and navigating the Day to Day Operations of the Hiv Case Managers Department.

I learned and completed a full Customer Service Management Training that including many new Conflict Resolution Techniques.

Great Co-Workers from many Diverse Cultures Great to work with and Learn with.
Pros
Many Great Employee Free Lunch Meetings.
Cons
Employment Ending To Soon, (Grant Funded Program}
BUsy, Busy, Busy
Certified Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 11, 2013
You see about 15-20 patients a day with two full schedule.
It is a fast paced environment with different race of patients. Can be very overwhelming but if you are someone who likes to busy then it is a good start. Very clean and respectable environment with assistant that are willing to help.
Pros
great benefits and compensations
Cons
pay rate isnt high enough with experience
Lack of advancement
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 30, 2015
Greet patients and take them to exam rooms and take vital signs. I learned having more experience with hands on. I manage to think out of the box when some crucial situations arrive. I would recommend for my co-workers an advance training in Customer Service. The hardest part of the job is when I see lack of communication between co-workers and the most enjoyable part is when somebody call me for help because I feel that they recognize my abilities which is good because I know that I am doing a good job.
The best place i've ever worked
Senior Clinical Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 18, 2013
Performed receptionist duties as required.
❖ Handled all patient care data entry and checked insurance eligibility.
❖ Check in and out patient, filing and manage referrals w/o authorizations when needed.
❖ Scheduled follow up, physical, nurse, labs, social worker and specialist appointments.
❖ Called other facilities for referrals to other specialists.
❖ Skills in using the last ICD and CPT diagnostic codes
❖ Excellent knowledge of NextGen system.
❖ Used sometimes as an interpreter for non-English speaking patients.
productive and busy
Extern, Managed Care Department-hired (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 10, 2015
Having my internship there than getting a chance to work there was a wonderful experience, I learned alot it was a fast pace in environment. I worked as switchboard and answered the patients calls and booked appointments if needed.
Pros
close to home
high case loads
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 29, 2014
I liked most of my coworkers, they did provide opportunity for education and professional growth, however not enough training or direct supervision provided. Manny times i was frustrated without support!
Pros
healthcare
Cons
limited/no training
Great people, great place
Medical Administrative Office Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 20, 2012
I did my externship at BNHC and enjoying learning new skills from the ladies on fifth floor. It was great to build new realtionships as well. I enjoyed my experience at BNHC.
Clincial Experience
Medical-Surgical Nursing I (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 2, 2014
I used this facility for clinical rotation only. I was there for Med-Surg I.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brockton Neighborhood Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Brockton Neighborhood Health Center Reviews by Location