Brokerage Employee Reviews

Independence
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 7, 2017
As an independent broker, you assume all liabilities for the work you do, to include when you do not have an income flow. It is always difficult being on your own.
Great boss poor company
Agent (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NY 14150October 11, 2017
Great boss but no room to advance, no evaluation for assessing hard work growth or advancements. No quality benefits. No updates as far as PTO or encouragement,
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Poor pay and no growth
Self Employed
Sales Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 27, 2017
I call clients or clients to be on a daily basis and go to clients homes and offices to sell insurance.
I have lived in a rural area for the last several years so I'm on the road a couple days a week.
Pros
A lot of flexibility
Cons
Lots of driving
Easy to use
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYJanuary 20, 2017
I see a career more as the other half of my family since, I am a team player. I want to enjoy my job, know that I served my company to the best of my ability's. I am well versed in all aspects of customer service and account management.
Pros
Close commute
Cons
unhappy co-workers
Brokerage and Logistics
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Delphos, OHDecember 19, 2016
cold calls trying to get a customer base, after that is established you would present quotes for lanes they needed ran, then you would hire a trucking company to haul freight to locations needed
Pros
fun job
Cons
stress
Interesting office to work in.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2016
For 21 years I went to this company. I liked who I worked with and who I worked for. The brokerage team was professional and got the job done. When not busy you offered to help others who needed assistance.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere but always got the job done.
Great environment
Administrative Assistant to Yacht Brokers (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 5, 2016
Nice people, fun atmosphere, great opportunity, skillful associates, can do attitude, opportunity for advancement, encouraging managers, motivating, educational, suportive.
Legg Mason Wood Wlaker Inc
Licensed Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 16, 2016
Supporting Financial Ad visors and our clients is rewarding experience. Unfortunately, the company decided to close its door. If the company didn't downsize I would have continued to be employed with them.
Productive work place
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 13, 2016
Greeting fun co workers as you enter the establishment. friendly Mangers and CEO knew all our names, keep our customer up to date with customs new guideline and procedure, pertaining to the import and export industry. The most enjoyable part of the just is the praises we receive from our customers.
Pros
Thirty minutes lunch break and two 15 minutes breaks
Cons
vacation time
Policies
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX 75057February 5, 2016
I have worked there 17 years and a good company to work for.
Helping agents on the phone and in person,
Managemet is willing to help you with questions.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
There are none
Good Place to Work
Marketing Manager, Ancillary Insurance Sales (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Wonderful staff, fun place to work, great place to learn plenty about the insurance industry. learned a lot about life and health insurance and the industry in general.
I have good envirement in myjob,fun, entertaining,with workers very friendly atmosphere.
Marketing and Selling (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 20, 2015
working is like a fun.Independent work.Not any stress for bosses.As broker I am working with different companies.Now i can work in my home.
Banking
Customer Service Manager, Statmedix Risk Solutions (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJJuly 30, 2014
Learned about accounting and polished on my customer service. It did inspire me to open my own media company and get an MBA.
brokerage
Broker freight (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 4, 2014
I loved to be in the brokerage dept. I have met some very nice people with this job and a few that were not.
Assistant for a property management company
Assistant for a property management company (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 5, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of answering multiple phone calls during the shift from prospects regarding advertised rental properties our company managed, as well as complaints from current tenants. Also, contacting HOA's of current managed properties regarding violations tenants may have incurred. Filing and organization was an essential part of the day. Emailing and faxing correspondence with prospects, vendors, handymen and homeowners. Posting and advertising our rental homes on marketing websites. Receiving applications for rental homes, making the leases, receiving monies for security deposits,rent, or any other payments.Depositing money into our companies account before the end of the day. Upon receiving my real estate license I would go out to show our homes to customers. As well as updating the property manager throughout the day of any new issues or complaints. And, many more property management task. The office consisted of the owner/broker/property manager, office manager and I. The hardest part of the job was receiving complaints from tenants and not having any control of how I could help them until the property manager was notified of the issue, then the homeowner's had to be contacted and many lived over sea, and would not get back to us in a timely matter, and during the waiting time the tenants would keep calling and complaining. It was stressful at times, But, It was a great opportunity for me to have worked there due to the experienced I gained in dealing with customers, and handling issues that came aboard, and being in a professional atmosphere.
Experience working with the public and being a problem solver
Broker (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 24, 2013
Supervising officers and inmates.
Stressful but interesting.
Pros
In-House lunches
Cons
Fights and stress constantly
processing of Health Insurance Enrollments
Processor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 28, 2013
Learned to use e-roll for United Healthcare. Also learned how to enter AARP enrollment applications.
Pros
Learning new procedures everyday
Productive, Forward Thinking Workplace With Great Benefits
Commercial brokerage sales and servicing (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 27, 2013
I have enjoyed working with this firm as it has allowed me to realize my full potential through their resources, training and desire to help me excel.
Pros
limitless potential for income
Cons
n/a
company has undergone several mergers which have altered the culture of the workplace.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTDecember 31, 2012
An average day goes by rather quickly, as this is a very busy office. With the several mergers the firm has undergone in the past few years, we have lost valuable staff due to attrition. That being said, i have come to rely upon and value the relationships of the staff that remains. I have learned to streamline and delegate when possible, to maintain the workflow and keep customer satisfaction high. I have also learned that humor helps deflect even the most time sensitive and stressful deadlines, and working effectively as a team player is essential for all.

The best part of this job is the free lunches from wholesalers which occur throughout each month. The hardest part of the job is to maintain a work/life balance during heavy workloads.
Stock market work
Schedule Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, coNovember 23, 2012
Seasoned employees allow you to learn from. Lots of work on the stock market, placing trades, providing quotes. Very repetitve.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no breaks between calls