Bronco Wine Company

Bronco Wine Company Employer Reviews

great job
Racker Blender/P&F Operator (Former Employee), Ceres, CANovember 20, 2013
great place to work good people, great pays. Loved going to work every night.
It was fun at the beginning.
Lift Operator (Former Employee), Ceres, CAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: it was a job.
Cons: everyone expendable!!!!!
The company was going though a lot of changes with management. So while all the politics was going on, the warehouse employees had a rough times going through changes with different managers. But as far as working for the company over all we could have used better raises and health care, but that's every where. Joseph Franzia is a great guy to work – more... for and not many can do that. – less
A great place to work
Job safety officer (Former Employee), AdministrationAugust 5, 2013
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: working conditions
1. Excellent pay & benefits
2. You can make a career working at Bronco Wine.
3. Working conditions are very challenging.
4. The company is unionized.
5. The union has virtually no power.
6. The three brothers who own the company consider it their personal kingdom & treat the employees like serfs.
Work to Life Balance perfect to continue education
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ceres, CAApril 28, 2013
This job allowed me the ability to work 8-5 so that I could continue my education.
great product
Electrician/Instruments (Former Employee), Ceres, CAFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: workers want to do a good job.
Cons: management is not have a total commitment to excellence
A disconnect between the management and the workers. management does not know the thing that are going on in the plant.
Good company to work for, with limited micro management, low compensation and no job security or chance for advancement. Owners like to belittle reps.
Central Florida Account Manager (Former Employee), FloridaOctober 16, 2012
A typical day at Bronco is what you make of it and schedule for the day. Usually I would plan for the month in the morning by setting up work with's, sales and manager meetings. Go over any charge backs. Then excute what was scheduled that day. Work with sales rep.
I have learned many things at Bronco with hands on training with numerous wine makers – more... and the different styles of wine making as well as managing and motivating a distributor.
Direct manager would be contacted each day on accomplishments or problems. Then discuss the up coming month's events. However, upper management/owners, once every other week or as they contacted the Florida managers.
The hardest part of the job is overcoming the rejections from restaurant/ package store oiwners and managers.
The most enjoyable is closing a positive wine placement on a list or shelf distribution and gaining the house pour at a large account. – less
The owners are wonderful caring people that really work hard for you.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Ceres, CASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: best benefits i have ever had.
Cons: the distance to work & driving in the fog.
This was one of the most enjoyable places for me to work. It was my second job out of college and I learned a lot from the owners. They were wonderful people that encouraged me to a career path that I enjoy today (10 years later). My co-workers were great! We worked hard; however, we did joke around, mostly when the stress levels were highest. What – more... I considered the worst part of the job was doing inventory with the auditors that wanted to taste unfiltered beer. The best part was the people. – less
Analytical Laboratory for juices and wines
Laboratory Technician I (Former Employee), Ceres, CAJune 16, 2012
Pros: i worked with those who know how to properly instruct a trainee without confusion
Cons: lack of ventalation in the laboratory
A typical day at work involved setting up the iodine indicator, preparing the buffers, calibrating the pH meter, and preparing the labels for incoming wine analysis.

What I learned:
The products of Bronco Wine company must have high quality control standards in order to stay legal with their business of selling/distributing juices and wines to the – more... public. I learned several methods of instrumentation to analyze various juices and wines. The analysis for wines includes, but not limited to, determining sugar level (balling), specific gravity, density, turbidity, free and total sulfur, ethanol, total acidity (TA/pH), volatile acidity (VA/pH), residual sugar, L-malic acid, and acetic acid. Special attention must be made with sweet wines, requiring a different method of analysis called cache distillation. Sweet wines cannot be intruduced to analytical instruments because the sugar content will clog the column.

Management:
Management was generally friendly, and I received no criticism for performance on my routine laboratory methods. However, management was a bit shady on what they planned to do when they thought they realized that I was not going to choose to stay throughout the crush season. I was not ready to determine point of fact that I was actually going to separate from Bronco Wine Company at any time, and they decided to employ someone else to train for the crush season without me knowing, thinking that I had another opportunity involving tuition at at university. Regardless, they could not take the risk of loosing a laboratory employee and employing and training someone too late before the crush season; that situation would not have occurred even if I stayed employed with Bronco Wine Company because I could not secure a paid position with the university tuition, and I would have chosen to continue working for Bronco.

Co-workers:
Obtaining a feel for how my laboratory supervisor thinks of me on the job is difficult, and she did not have the opportunity to participate in a corporate review regarding myself. I did not stay employed with Bronco to have a corporate review about my job performance.

The hardest part of the job:
The hours for working was graveyard shift, and I had to adjust to those hours. I had to make sure that I was on time, and try not to clock in too early or too late; I don't have a flawless attendance record in clocking in, and my supervisor reinforced my attendance once by giving me notice to arrive on time, I think during the first month. Still, I learned the methods necessary to get the job done each day with two other laboratory employees. I was probably easy to train; the work that had to be done became easy quickly (within 3-4 weeks), and most of the requirements for training were met based on my level as Laboratory Technician.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
The job is mostly routine analysis, and I mostly performed my functions on the bench. I hadn't stayed with Bronco long enough to get to the point of the analysis part of the juices and wines. I would have enjoyed the computer analysis work if I stayed with Bronco Wine Company. The bench work is enjoyable as well. Bench work methods becomes routine to me, but I can handle repetitive routine functions. Much of the functions required an awareness of priority and organization, and often a label is not available yet when preparing multiple analysis; labels had to be prepared before starting the analysis. – less