Bronco Wine Company Employee Reviews in United States

its great
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sonoma County, CAMay 9, 2016
this is a great place to work. i really enjoyed myself when i worked there. one of the most beautiful places to work.
shipping cordinator.
sonoma, Ca.
started in Feb.
ended in May.
Great wines and a fun place to work. Working at Bronco was a very large company with about 130 brands to sell
Regional Sales Manager, Northwest (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAOctober 19, 2015
A typical day at Bronco was fast paced and great support from management to help you grow your region. The most enjoyable part of this job was selling high volume brands. Great place to work.
hard work
Seasonal General Winery Worker (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAApril 2, 2015
I only worked seasonal. during CRUSH season it is 7 days a week for about 3 months. No days off. Co-workers and leads were cool.
territory sales representative
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles countyMarch 10, 2015
this was a wonderful company to work for.. and if the bad economy did not take place .. i would still be part of the company.. a typical day would be to examine my 300 accounts for financials and see weather any bills needed collection.. then i would sell appropriate branded and category wines for each establishment until the evening has concluded.. furthermore scheduled delivery dates and worked closely with my driver in the field.this market was fiercely competitive and the only success was personal rapport with a business establishment and gain trust.. soon the sales followed and my company was first on the call list
good place to work
forklift/clamp operator/order selector (Former Employee) –  whseDecember 4, 2014
basically this place is like a middle lower class family type of environment, i mean that they love you and give you plenty of advice and stuff to do around the house but when it comes to getting your allowance you're not gonna be very happy.
Fun
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CANovember 13, 2014
My experience with Bronco wine Company was very good. the were very patient with me and let me move at a pace that was comfortable for me.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Avoid working here unless you have no other option
Cellar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CeresJuly 10, 2014
Pros:

If you are uneducated, it does not matter at this company.

There's a chance for advancement since people quit so often (but don't expect a decent pay).

People with a criminal history have gotten jobs here, so I don't think that eliminates someone (unless they've changed things recently).

Good place to get started if you have no experience whatsoever, but I wouldn't recommend staying here passed 2-3 years.

Health benefits for full time employees are good.

Cons:

One of the worst paying wineries of this magnitude.

Horrible management/supervisors that don't care about those who work for them.

Favoritism is often a problem.

Very negative environment. People don't like working here and it is obvious.

If you are salaried, you better be happy with the pay, because you will definitely be overworked and under-payed.

The negatives far outweigh the positives, unless you have absolutely no other options, avoid working for this company.
Seasonal position working 7 days a week.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAMarch 20, 2014
Position was a seasonal working 7 days a week.
I learned to set up wine and juice lines along with the shipping and receiving part of the company.
Co-workers there where always helping one another.
Hardest part of the job would have to be the working 7 days a week with out rotating shifts. The part that I enjoyed the most I would think that I have gained more experience that I can apply to possible future positions.
Pros
if you complete one season there. it betters your chance to come back the following year.
Cons
pay wasn't really that good for what we do there along with working 7 days a week.
great job
Racker Blender/P&F Operator (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CANovember 20, 2013
great place to work good people, great pays. Loved going to work every night.
It was fun at the beginning.
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAOctober 29, 2013
The company was going though a lot of changes with management. So while all the politics was going on, the warehouse employees had a rough times going through changes with different managers. But as far as working for the company over all we could have used better raises and health care, but that's every where. Joseph Franzia is a great guy to work for and not many can do that.
Pros
it was a job.
Cons
everyone expendable!!!!!
A great place to work
Job safety officer (Former Employee) –  AdministrationAugust 5, 2013
1. Excellent pay & benefits
2. You can make a career working at Bronco Wine.
3. Working conditions are very challenging.
4. The company is unionized.
5. The union has virtually no power.
6. The three brothers who own the company consider it their personal kingdom & treat the employees like serfs.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
working conditions
Work to Life Balance perfect to continue education
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAApril 28, 2013
This job allowed me the ability to work 8-5 so that I could continue my education.
great product
Electrician/Instruments (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAFebruary 15, 2013
A disconnect between the management and the workers. management does not know the thing that are going on in the plant.
Pros
workers want to do a good job.
Cons
management is not have a total commitment to excellence
Good company to work for, with limited micro management, low compensation and no job security or chance for advancement. Owners like to belittle reps.
Central Florida Account Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 16, 2012
A typical day at Bronco is what you make of it and schedule for the day. Usually I would plan for the month in the morning by setting up work with's, sales and manager meetings. Go over any charge backs. Then excute what was scheduled that day. Work with sales rep.
I have learned many things at Bronco with hands on training with numerous wine makers and the different styles of wine making as well as managing and motivating a distributor.
Direct manager would be contacted each day on accomplishments or problems. Then discuss the up coming month's events. However, upper management/owners, once every other week or as they contacted the Florida managers.
The hardest part of the job is overcoming the rejections from restaurant/ package store oiwners and managers.
The most enjoyable is closing a positive wine placement on a list or shelf distribution and gaining the house pour at a large account.
The owners are wonderful caring people that really work hard for you.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CASeptember 19, 2012
This was one of the most enjoyable places for me to work. It was my second job out of college and I learned a lot from the owners. They were wonderful people that encouraged me to a career path that I enjoy today (10 years later). My co-workers were great! We worked hard; however, we did joke around, mostly when the stress levels were highest. What I considered the worst part of the job was doing inventory with the auditors that wanted to taste unfiltered beer. The best part was the people.
Pros
best benefits i have ever had.
Cons
the distance to work & driving in the fog.
Analytical Laboratory for juices and wines
Laboratory Technician I (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJune 16, 2012
A typical day at work involved setting up the iodine indicator, preparing the buffers, calibrating the pH meter, and preparing the labels for incoming wine analysis.

What I learned:
The products of Bronco Wine company must have high quality control standards in order to stay legal with their business of selling/distributing juices and wines to the public. I learned several methods of instrumentation to analyze various juices and wines. The analysis for wines includes, but not limited to, determining sugar level (balling), specific gravity, density, turbidity, free and total sulfur, ethanol, total acidity (TA/pH), volatile acidity (VA/pH), residual sugar, L-malic acid, and acetic acid. Special attention must be made with sweet wines, requiring a different method of analysis called cache distillation. Sweet wines cannot be intruduced to analytical instruments because the sugar content will clog the column.

Management:
Management was generally friendly, and I received no criticism for performance on my routine laboratory methods. However, management was a bit shady on what they planned to do when they thought they realized that I was not going to choose to stay throughout the crush season. I was not ready to determine point of fact that I was actually going to separate from Bronco Wine Company at any time, and they decided to employ someone else to train for the crush season without me knowing, thinking that I had another opportunity involving tuition at at university. Regardless, they could not take the risk of loosing a laboratory employee and employing and training someone
  more... too late before the crush season; that situation would not have occurred even if I stayed employed with Bronco Wine Company because I could not secure a paid position with the university tuition, and I would have chosen to continue working for Bronco.

Co-workers:
Obtaining a feel for how my laboratory supervisor thinks of me on the job is difficult, and she did not have the opportunity to participate in a corporate review regarding myself. I did not stay employed with Bronco to have a corporate review about my job performance.

The hardest part of the job:
The hours for working was graveyard shift, and I had to adjust to those hours. I had to make sure that I was on time, and try not to clock in too early or too late; I don't have a flawless attendance record in clocking in, and my supervisor reinforced my attendance once by giving me notice to arrive on time, I think during the first month. Still, I learned the methods necessary to get the job done each day with two other laboratory employees. I was probably easy to train; the work that had to be done became easy quickly (within 3-4 weeks), and most of the requirements for training were met based on my level as Laboratory Technician.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
The job is mostly routine analysis, and I mostly performed my functions on the bench. I hadn't stayed with Bronco long enough to get to the point of the analysis part of the juices and wines. I would have enjoyed the computer analysis work if I stayed with Bronco Wine Company. The bench work is enjoyable as well. Bench work methods becomes routine to me, but I can handle repetitive routine functions. Much of the functions required an awareness of priority and organization, and often a label is not available yet when preparing multiple analysis; labels had to be prepared before starting the analysis.
Pros
i worked with those who know how to properly instruct a trainee without confusion
Cons
lack of ventalation in the laboratory

2.9