Bronson Battle Creek

Bronson Battle Creek Employer Reviews

There is no bronson family vibe
Evs (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, miDecember 8, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: everything else
During orientation you will be told a bucket of lies. They do not care about their employees and are very prejudice. They sacrifice employees raises saying that cuts backs were needed but everytime you enter the building they're upgrading everything and buying new stuff. Advancing into other departments is easy for the white employees. If you're a person – more... of color you will always get told you lack experience even if are certified and the person they went with you know for a fact doesn't have any certification. Do not apply here! – less
great experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIJune 28, 2014
Pros: knowledge, experience, skills, and confidence gained
Cons: patient load too high for unit's level of acuity; short-staffed
I learned more in such a short period of time than I could have ever hoped for. The Med/Surg/Oncology unit sees patients with virtually every medical condition and the experience gained has been invaluable. The frequent short-staffing issues and high patient load have enabled me to become extremely organized and efficient in time management. However, – more... these problems are also one of the most frustrating parts of the job because they ultimately cause me to feel like I can't give my patients the proper time and care they need and deserve. I have made some lifelong friendships and would trust those people to care for me anytime. – less
Fast paced work healthcare environment
Radiographer, Mammographer, CT scan Technologist (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIMay 23, 2014
Heavy patient load with light staff. Physically demanding at times. Enjoyable environment.
Low Staff Turnover
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMay 3, 2014
Pros: stays busy
Cons: none in particular
Nice place to work, great for a new therapist. Staff is very helpful and doesn't mind teaching a new therapist the ropes. Stays fairly busy. Many opportunities to learn new skills. I like that it is not a teaching hospital, no having to fight with residents or medical students for patient access.
Stereotypical environmental services/janitorial/housekeeping job
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMay 1, 2014
The management is relatively competent though somewhat varying in style, and can sometimes, if rarely, be condescending. The other employees are kind, accepting, and eager to teach/instruct and are generally welcoming and friendly.

Many/most employees attend college and the atmosphere is conducive to doing so. The management not only accepts but also – more... understands that this level of job is often a "stepping-stone" in one's career.

Compensation is what you would expect and so are benefits, though there is a union if you so choose.

Being employed technically by the hospital (though the management, strangely, is outsourced), all internal hospital job openings are opened first to you and other hospital employees via intranet before any position is released to the general public, allowing for acceptable tolerances of advancement.

Personally, before my leaving said employment, there was a complaint lodged against me regarding a project I was working on (one person accidentally slipped on a floor I was working on and said there were no signs or indications said floor was potentially dangerous). The complaint was thoroughly investigated via personal questioning, security footage, and security and other employee witnesses, and no wrongdoing was determined. The individual apologized and both of us were satisfied with the level of investigation. My point being: there will be no "witch hunts," you will either have done things properly or not, and will be held accountable (or be given credit) either way. – less
Challenging Learning environment
Ultrasound Technologist Intern (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJanuary 7, 2014
I worked as a sonography intern at Bronson Battle Creek for a year. It was a very challenging year, but I ended the year with great attitude that I was far along in my scanning knowledge. I performed studies to produce images for the radiologist in cases including abdomen, ob/gyn, breast, and other small parts.
Not the greatest place to work
Nope (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIOctober 29, 2013
Pros: leaving
Cons: disrespectful staff. poor communication. lead tech has anger problems and doesn't listen very well.
Staff in the radiology department are disrespectful and not very understanding. Good luck to anyone who gives this department a try. There's an older tech that does stuff that could harm the patient and nothing was ever done about it for the time I was there. When being the new person there people seem to jump all over you when they thought you were – more... doing something wrong when in actuality you were doing exactly what someone else had instructed you to do. LOTS of communication problems in the radiology department. – less
Great people to work with
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIApril 21, 2013
Love my coworkers. Love the small community.
I gained a lot of skill going to interventional.
The hardest part is the call can get overwhelming sometimes.
I love everything about my job. I could not think of another career I would rather do.
Fast pace vascular ultrasound lab performing a variety of arterial and venous studies.
Vascular Ultrasound Intern (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIApril 14, 2013
The vascular technologists at Bronson Battle Creek are a great group of people who enjoy helping their interns learn. The environment is fast pace with a variety of types of studies and pathology being seen.
not family oriented
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIMarch 21, 2013
Doesn't focus on family time or flex work schedule for those with special family needs.
A good place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Interact with others manager to get the job done. My co-workers is a good team to work with.The enjoyable part is training new hire.a busy day every day.
Productive and Respectable work place
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIApril 20, 2012
Pros: 30 minute lunch, great wages and benefits.
Cons: unfair to new employees, insufficient time to become knowledgeable in tasks
Great team work
Safe environment
A typical day included pulling case cart list, stocking case carts for the cases the next day, doubling checking case carts. Pulling emergency carts if needed. Sterilizing instruments and packs. Cleaning and decontaminating instruments. Assembling sets and packs.