Bronson Battle Creek Employee Reviews

Horrible
Patient Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 17, 2015
I love the field of my job. But the management was bad. The position i had we were as involved as every staff, including the doctors but they did not want to pay us forrectly. No benefits also. Basically if you did not work you where not getting paid.
Pros
lovely patients and their families
Cons
short breaks, staff would forget to come relieve for a lunch
Very Stressful
Acute Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 29, 2015
I have worked there for over two years and in these two years its been very stressful. I have been injured on the job twice from patients due to lack of security.
Great experience
Unit Based Clinician/Designated Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 23, 2015
BBC is a fast paced, patient centered facility that teaches new nurses how to be the best they can be while assisting the seasoned nurse in learning new skills and fine tuning their previously acquired skills.
Quality Workplace with room to grow
Quality Abstractor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 9, 2015
Quality Abstracting medical records for Core Measures. Co-workers are hard working, supportive group. Manager allows us to work on our own with support. The hardest part of the job is sitting at a computer all day. I enjoy the occasional challenge of record searching for answers.
Pros
Great management
Cons
All day computer work
Very face pace work environment
Clerical Coordinator- Diagnostic Imaging (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 2, 2015
Management was hard to work with due to the fact that they were really never around unless something was done incorrectly from employees. Never was anyone recognized for their work. Very short staffed at times which makes the job difficult.
Pros
Benefits were great, employees were always willing to help and go above and beyond for others.
Cons
Various work schedules and not very family oriented. Wasn't much understanding of family.
FAST PACE AND BUSY DEPARTMENT WITH A GREAT STAFF TO WORK WITH
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 24, 2015
I LOVE THE PATIENTS THAT COME TO BBC. SOME ARE VERY ILL AND REALLY NEED TO COME TO AN ED HOWEVER WE ALSO HAVE A LARGE POPULATION IN THE AREA THAT LACK A PRIMARY CARE PROVIDER SO THE ED IS ALL THEY HAVE AND FOR THEM I AM ALWAYS GRATEFUL THEY ALLOW US TO HELP THEM WITH THEIR HEALTHCARE NEEDS. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW AND THERE ISN'T A DAY OR SHIFT THAT GOES BY WHERE I AM NOT CHALLENGED AND ALWAYS ABLE TO LEARN SOMETHING.
I RESPECT AND APPRECIATE MY TEAM THAT I WORK WITH FROM THE TECHS, THE LAB TEAM, THE RADIOLOGY DEPT, THE RESPIRATORY TEAM, THE DOCTORS AND THE NP OR PA THAT IS ASSIGNED! TOGETHER WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND TOGETHER WE GIVE AMAZING PATIENT CARE!
Pros
USUALLY FULLY STAFFED, ALWAYS WARM BLANKETS AVIALABLE FOR OUR PATIENTS, A GREAT COFFEE ESPRESSO AND LATTE MACHINE TO HELP US THROUGH THE LONG HOURS, AND EVEN A SLUSHY MACHINE FOR OUR KIDS, THE CAFE IS OPEN UNTIL 1AM FOR THE NIGHTSHIFTERS
Cons
OFTEN TRYING TO FIND COVERAGE FOR OUR TIME WE NEED INSTEAD OF BEING ABLE TO TAKE EARNED PTO
Nice starter job
Patient Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 1, 2015
I met some really amazing coworkers and some sweet patients. I enjoyed having the opportunity to help others out in their time of need. The job is very hard emotionally if you don't have the right mindset. Always expect the unexpected.
Telecommunications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 23, 2015
Warm welcoming co-workers that are always willing to help others. friendly staff, great place to work! family oriented corporation
Wonderful tight knit bunch of co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 5, 2015
Wonderful place to work overall. Administration in some departments could use an overhaul. I know it was not just myself as the department had lost multiple (over 30) employees due to poor administration after my leaving. Administration in my department often would bully employees and intimidate employees. All staff in the department were always fearful of losing their job 100% of the time. No positive feedback every from administration. Other departments may have better administration. I worked for this company for many years and was always a happy employee and a good employee. I enjoyed my time there and have worked for other departments with wonderful managers and directors. Not all of it is bad, just the particular department I ended my tenure with.
Pros
engaging, educational, challenging
Cons
high stress increased by administration
worked 37 years at the hospital
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 24, 2014
I love working at the hospital started at Community Hospital in 1977
and seen a lot of changes all for the best for the staff and the patients.
There is no bronson family vibe
Evs (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, miDecember 8, 2014
During orientation you will be told a bucket of lies. They do not care about their employees and are very prejudice. They sacrifice employees raises saying that cuts backs were needed but everytime you enter the building they're upgrading everything and buying new stuff. Advancing into other departments is easy for the white employees. If you're a person of color you will always get told you lack experience even if are certified and the person they went with you know for a fact doesn't have any certification. Do not apply here!
Pros
pto
Cons
everything else
great experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 28, 2014
I learned more in such a short period of time than I could have ever hoped for. The Med/Surg/Oncology unit sees patients with virtually every medical condition and the experience gained has been invaluable. The frequent short-staffing issues and high patient load have enabled me to become extremely organized and efficient in time management. However, these problems are also one of the most frustrating parts of the job because they ultimately cause me to feel like I can't give my patients the proper time and care they need and deserve. I have made some lifelong friendships and would trust those people to care for me anytime.
Pros
knowledge, experience, skills, and confidence gained
Cons
patient load too high for unit's level of acuity; short-staffed
Fast paced work healthcare environment
Radiographer, Mammographer, CT scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 23, 2014
Heavy patient load with light staff. Physically demanding at times. Enjoyable environment.
Low Staff Turnover
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 3, 2014
Nice place to work, great for a new therapist. Staff is very helpful and doesn't mind teaching a new therapist the ropes. Stays fairly busy. Many opportunities to learn new skills. I like that it is not a teaching hospital, no having to fight with residents or medical students for patient access.
Pros
stays busy
Cons
none in particular
Stereotypical environmental services/janitorial/housekeeping job
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 1, 2014
The management is relatively competent though somewhat varying in style, and can sometimes, if rarely, be condescending. The other employees are kind, accepting, and eager to teach/instruct and are generally welcoming and friendly.

Many/most employees attend college and the atmosphere is conducive to doing so. The management not only accepts but also understands that this level of job is often a "stepping-stone" in one's career.

Compensation is what you would expect and so are benefits, though there is a union if you so choose.

Being employed technically by the hospital (though the management, strangely, is outsourced), all internal hospital job openings are opened first to you and other hospital employees via intranet before any position is released to the general public, allowing for acceptable tolerances of advancement.

Personally, before my leaving said employment, there was a complaint lodged against me regarding a project I was working on (one person accidentally slipped on a floor I was working on and said there were no signs or indications said floor was potentially dangerous). The complaint was thoroughly investigated via personal questioning, security footage, and security and other employee witnesses, and no wrongdoing was determined. The individual apologized and both of us were satisfied with the level of investigation. My point being: there will be no "witch hunts," you will either have done things properly or not, and will be held accountable (or be given credit) either way.
Challenging Learning environment
Ultrasound Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 7, 2014
I worked as a sonography intern at Bronson Battle Creek for a year. It was a very challenging year, but I ended the year with great attitude that I was far along in my scanning knowledge. I performed studies to produce images for the radiologist in cases including abdomen, ob/gyn, breast, and other small parts.
Not the greatest place to work
Nope (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 29, 2013
Staff in the radiology department are disrespectful and not very understanding. Good luck to anyone who gives this department a try. There's an older tech that does stuff that could harm the patient and nothing was ever done about it for the time I was there. When being the new person there people seem to jump all over you when they thought you were doing something wrong when in actuality you were doing exactly what someone else had instructed you to do. LOTS of communication problems in the radiology department.
Pros
leaving
Cons
disrespectful staff. poor communication. lead tech has anger problems and doesn't listen very well.
Great people to work with
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 21, 2013
Love my coworkers. Love the small community.
I gained a lot of skill going to interventional.
The hardest part is the call can get overwhelming sometimes.
I love everything about my job. I could not think of another career I would rather do.
Fast pace vascular ultrasound lab performing a variety of arterial and venous studies.
Vascular Ultrasound Intern (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 14, 2013
The vascular technologists at Bronson Battle Creek are a great group of people who enjoy helping their interns learn. The environment is fast pace with a variety of types of studies and pathology being seen.
not family oriented
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 21, 2013
Doesn't focus on family time or flex work schedule for those with special family needs.